Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Command Database Wish List

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Command Database Wish List Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/5/2013 8:46:25 AM   
Anathema

Could I please request the following for a Indonesian/Australian scenario I am working on. I saw some of them requested already, but included them to second their inclusion, although I realise quite a few are simply variations of existing platforms that can be substituted instead. I also tried my best with references and did have links for each, but unfortunately I am not able to post links, so I am happy to provide them on request via PM.

Australian Aircraft:
Correction - RAN version of the NH-90 is listed in the DB as the NFH version, but should be the TTH version that is used for vert-rep and the NFH version lost to MH-60R as S-70-B2 Seahawk replacement.
24 MH-60R for Navy
CH-47F for Army

Indonesian Aircraft:
24 former USAF F-16 Blk 25 upgraded to Blk 32+
KAI T-50 Golden Eagle
Hawk 109 & 209
Embraer EMB 314 Super Tucano
Su-30MK2
CASA CN-235 MPA
NC-212 MPA
AH-64E
Mi-35
AS-550 Fennec
Mi-17 V5
EC-725
AS-330J
NB-412

Malaysian Aircraft:
AS-555SN Fennec
Super Lynx Mk.100

Australian Ships:
Canberra Class LHD - I know this was requested already.
HMAS Choules(former RN Bay Class) - Another repeat request.
HMAS Sirius AO
Pacific Class Survey Vessels - Also used for border patrol
Cape Class Patrol Vessels - Operate with RAN patrol boats

New Zealand Ships:
L 421 Canterbury
Protector Class OPV
Protector Class Inshore Patrol Vessels

Indonesian Ships:
The 3 F 80 Nakhoda Ragam class eventually got sold to Indonesia.
Improved Chang Bogo SSK
Makassar Class LPD
KCR-40 Missile Boats
PC-40 Class Patrol Boats
Boa Class Patrol Boats

Singapore Ships:
Archer Class SSK

Thanks in advance and sorry for such a long list!

< Message edited by Anathema -- 10/5/2013 8:54:34 AM >

(in reply to Juramentado)
Post #: 31
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/5/2013 7:23:53 PM   
Gratch1111

I Think you should focus on missing ships. If a country used a plane that is not in the list it can usually be found with Another country, that is not the same with ships. Example

Jap has F-15, you can probably find similar F-15 with US or Isr
Jap has new Destroyer/carrier, no one else has a similar ships and its not in the DB

(in reply to Anathema)
Post #: 32
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/6/2013 2:00:43 AM   
Lerxt

I am working on Australian/Indonesian scenarios an second the above units being needed.

(in reply to Gratch1111)
Post #: 33
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/6/2013 3:46:42 AM   
Anathema

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gratch11

I Think you should focus on missing ships. If a country used a plane that is not in the list it can usually be found with Another country, that is not the same with ships. Example

Jap has F-15, you can probably find similar F-15 with US or Isr
Jap has new Destroyer/carrier, no one else has a similar ships and its not in the DB

Agree and that is what I have done so far, especially for the planes, even some of the ships have substitues or equivalents already in the DB. A lot of the small craft and patrol boats could probably have a generic platform represent them with a radar and a few machine guns, since there are probably hundreds of them around the world.

(in reply to Gratch1111)
Post #: 34
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/6/2013 3:47:51 AM   
Mgellis

What is the view of the database editors on speculative and fictional platforms?

For example, I think you could have really interesting scenarios with this...

Flying Saucer (Alien)

Obviously, being a fictional platform, the parameters can be anything the database editor wants. Possibly more than one flying saucer platform will be included. Personally, I thinking of these guys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o4fdX8gUMY

(This is a fun movie, by the way, with special effects by the legendary Ray Harryhausen, and aliens who are not simply ruthless conquerors but genuinely evil and sadistic rat bastards...considering that this was 1956, what they do to the heroine's father and the way they "return" him to her are pretty shocking!)

The flying saucer will have air-to-air performance similar to that of an SR-71...but it can also hover and land vertically like a helicopter if it needs to. It has a nuclear engine and does not need to refuel. In theory, it can fly forever. It is fairly nimble, but its real strength is that it is FAST and does not have to worry about running out of fuel. It is armed with a couple of COIL lasers (or one can call them something else, and maybe make them powerful, but suffice that it can use directed energy weapons that are faster and more accurate than bullets and have a range of several miles against surface ships, aircraft, etc.)

"Speed, maneuverability, and force..."

(in reply to Lerxt)
Post #: 35
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/8/2013 1:57:37 AM   
Mgellis

A few more buildings...

(The reason I'm suggesting specific buildings is because some might be linked to Events. Buildings do not do anything, but they are things that can be destroyed or protected. In many cases, one of the generic building types--small, large, etc.--can be used as a model; this just adds a name so the Specific Unit level can be chosen in the Event Editor.)

Building (Embassy Compound) (Generic)
Use: Building (Large)
Priority: Medium

Building (Leadership Compound) (Generic)

Building (Church) (Civilian)
Use: Building (Medium)

Building (Synagogue) (Civilian)

Building (Mosque) (Civilian)

Building (Temple) (Civilian)

Building (Government Building) (Generic)

Building (Stadium) (Civilian) <-- terrorists might target a stadium full of civilians
Use: Building (Very Large)

Building (Restaurant) (Civilian)
Use: Building (Small)

Building (Library) (Generic)

Building (Historic) (Generic) <-- monuments, memorials, ancient ruins, etc.

Building (Cultural Center) (Civilian) <-- art gallery, museum, theater, etc. (also a possible target for terrorists, etc.)

Post #: 36
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/8/2013 4:36:25 AM   
pboiler

I tried to post links but it didn't allow at this time, maybe because I'm new here?

Some may be repeats of others requests...

Barracuda submarine - france

Type 26 frigate - UK

hoplite indirect precision attack missile-UK

type 55 destroyer - china

type 95 submarine - china

new china aircraft carrier - china

MQ-8C - US

Izumo - japan

Virgina submarine with additional payload module -US

Arleigh Burke flight III -US

Post #: 37
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/8/2013 8:59:36 AM   
ComDev

Thanks for your input guys. Just need to clear some high-pri items on the code-side and then I'll get back to the db updates.

Would be fantastic if you could also post more links to the above requests. Preferably links to public resources that have the itty-bitty details that we need. Due to Command's complexity we need quite a bit of info before we're able to make a good implementation of a platform. So the more info the better. Ships even need fuel qty (in tons) in order to simulate fuel burn rates correctly!

Thanks again!

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

(in reply to pboiler)
Post #: 38
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/8/2013 7:44:57 PM   
El Savior

I'm making Scandinavian scenario. I was hoping to get more precise coastal forts for Finland. Now they are there, but all are using general (old) 243mm gun (ww2 era). We have several newer guns. I'm looking for making new general coastal fort for Finland:

3 x 130 53 TK armored turret
3 x 100 56 TK armored T-54 turret
3 x ZSU-23 guns
1 x ammo bunker (underground)
2 x coy infantry
2 x 12.7mm mg

Looking forward for added units for Finland:

SHIPS
=====

Minelayer Keihässalmi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_minelayer_Keih%C3%A4ssalmi

Minelayer Pohjanmaa
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_minelayer_Pohjanmaa

Hamina class missile boat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamina-class_missile_boat

FACILITIES
==========

M-80 listening device/hydrophone or older VKL 77/VKL 71

Coastal Arty Bty 152/45 Canet
Coastal Arty Bty 305/52 Obuhov
*Costal Arty 100 56 TK (T-54 tank turret, manual loading - backbone of Finland's light coast artillery) 1969-
*Coastal Arty 130 53 TK Tampella installed 1982-1990 main gun range 23 km
*Coastal Arty 152 50 T (modernized Canet with L50 Tampella barrel)

* important

AIRCRAFTS
=========

Mi-8T Hip
Hughes MD 500

----

Additional info about artys

Coastal Arty Bty 152/45 Canet

max range: 12.427 nm, 4-5 rounds/min, warheads 41,5-51 kg

Coastal Arty Bty 305/52 Obuhov (single turret) O2 double turret

Max range: 22,3 nm, 0.5 rounds/min, warheads 470 kg
http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNRussian_12-52_m1907.htm

Costal Arty 100 56 TK

Max range: 11.185 nm, 6 rounds/min, warheads 15,6 kg
T-54 tank gun without mg's

Coastal Arty 130 53 TK Tampella

Max range: nm, 15.534, 9 rounds/min, warheads 34 kg, periscope, laserangefinder (after 1990 heatcamera)

Coastal Arty 152 50 T (modernized Canet with L50 Tampella barrel)

max range: 12.427 nm, 4-5 rounds/min, warheads 41,5-51 kg. Armored shield above gun.

< Message edited by El Savior -- 10/8/2013 10:03:09 PM >

El Savior

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 39
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/9/2013 7:45:43 PM   
ComDev

Lots of info, just the way we like it. Thanks!

(in reply to El Savior)
Post #: 40
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/10/2013 5:51:37 AM   
Mgellis

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mgellis

Inf Sec (Pirates) (Pirates)
You could just use the Observation Post Sec, as it has the one machine guns and nothing else (maybe give them a couple of rocket launchers, too?), but change the name (for the sake of Victory conditions, etc.)

Inf Sec (Criminals)(Generic)
You could just use the Observation Post Sec, as it has the one machine guns and nothing else (maybe give them a couple of rocket launchers, too?), but change the name (for the sake of Victory conditions, etc.) This can be used to model drug dealers, etc.

I just realized the Observation Post probably is not mobile, so I thought I should mention that, yes, these units should be mobile...although mostly they may be trying to run away rather than fight. :)

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 41
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/10/2013 1:32:52 PM   
ComDev

Have begun looking at some of these like the German F 125 and RN Type 26. To be frank there isn't much info to build an actual platform on...

So suspect a bunch of these requests will be filed as 'waiting for further details'... sorry!

Post #: 42
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/10/2013 1:57:26 PM   
Mgellis

Not a problem. I figured some of those platforms would either have to wait or be "speculative," with some of the specifications being best guesses based on what else is known about the ship, aircraft, etc.

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 43
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/10/2013 2:03:54 PM   
Mgellis

Here's another one...

Inf Sec (Armed Civilians)(Civilian)
Again, this would be a small, mobile unit with maybe one machine gun (or small arms if those get added as a weapon mount) and maybe a couple of rocket launchers, too. They're not criminals or rebels, they're just well-armed civilians, perhaps even law-abiding folks in other ways, who might take a pot shot at a helicopter or a patrol boat, for any number of reasons...their village got bombed last year, they're paranoid about the government spying on them, etc.

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 44
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/10/2013 2:46:17 PM   
smudge56

That maybe most western populations now. We in the uk have probably the most in cctv per person. Lol

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mgellis

Here's another one...

Inf Sec (Armed Civilians)(Civilian)
Again, this would be a small, mobile unit with maybe one machine gun (or small arms if those get added as a weapon mount) and maybe a couple of rocket launchers, too. They're not criminals or rebels, they're just well-armed civilians, perhaps even law-abiding folks in other ways, who might take a pot shot at a helicopter or a patrol boat, for any number of reasons...their village got bombed last year, they're paranoid about the government spying on them, etc.

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 45
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/10/2013 11:30:47 PM   
Mgellis

I noticed that the submarine platforms include a number of "false contacts." Just curious, should there be false RADAR contacts, too? These might be used to indicate a flock of birds or something that gets mistaken for an aircraft, at least at first. I get the impression that early radar systems did not always give very detailed information to the people looking at the screens. I suppose there would be...

False Contact - Air
False Contact - Ground

(in reply to smudge56)
Post #: 46
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/11/2013 9:01:47 AM   
HudsonGame

Since "what if" ships are included in the database (example Wyoming Class), I have a few ships I would like to see included. The battlecruisers HMS Tiger and HMS Hood, as well as the battleships HMS Iron Duke & HMS Nelson. Any other of the Royal Navy's battleships or battlecruisers would be a nice touch. Also, I noticed the Turkish Yavuz Sultan Selim (German battlecruiser SMS Goeben) is missing from the database, though it was in service after 1946. Anyway, just thought I would put in my request. Thanks

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 47
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/11/2013 9:18:24 AM   
.Sirius

quote:

ORIGINAL: HudsonGame

Since "what if" ships are included in the database (example Wyoming Class), I have a few ships I would like to see included. The battlecruisers HMS Tiger and HMS Hood, as well as the battleships HMS Iron Duke & HMS Nelson. Any other of the Royal Navy's battleships or battlecruisers would be a nice touch. Also, I noticed the Turkish Yavuz Sultan Selim (German battlecruiser SMS Goeben) is missing from the database, though it was in service after 1946. Anyway, just thought I would put in my request. Thanks

Hi there noted on the Battle Wagons, I've added quite afew of them in the DB with there actual in service and reserve date, on the Turkish old WW1 Battle Cruiser I will add it to the DB

Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims
Cold War Data Base 1946-1979 Author

Old radar men never die - Their echoes fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law

(in reply to HudsonGame)
Post #: 48
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/11/2013 11:51:20 AM   
smudge56

But the hood was sunk by the bismark during ww2? Does the database have units that were once destroyed?

(in reply to .Sirius)
Post #: 49
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/11/2013 2:10:39 PM   
MR_BURNS2

quote:

ORIGINAL: emsoy

Have begun looking at some of these like the German F 125 and RN Type 26. To be frank there isn't much info to build an actual platform on...

So suspect a bunch of these requests will be filed as 'waiting for further details'... sorry!

What info would you need?
Theres something about the F 125 that seems to be final.

DID

German Wiki

Windows 7 64; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz; 6144MB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970;

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 50
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/11/2013 5:26:18 PM   
e2204588

CWDB

Type 53A Huangpu-class gunboat, China, 1954
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huangpu_class_gunboat

Type 55A Shantou-class gunboat, China, 1956 (Same as #536 and #783)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shantou_class_gunboat

#536 - AK Swatow Class, it is not Soviet’s ship.

(in reply to MR_BURNS2)
Post #: 51
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/11/2013 9:14:47 PM   
ComDev

Much much better, thanks!

(in reply to e2204588)
Post #: 52
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/11/2013 9:16:28 PM   
HudsonGame

Blighty56,

That is why I said "What If". The database does include the Montana Class (sorry I put Wyoming Class before. I have just come out of surgery and am on pain meds), which was never completed. "What If" the Hood was not sunk, and "What If" the Tiger was kept in service later. The same could be said of many other Battleships and Battlecruisers. Thanks

(in reply to smudge56)
Post #: 53
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/11/2013 11:39:35 PM   
Mgellis

Some more information (and a couple of additional platforms...treat all as Priority: Medium)...

Type 26 Frigate
http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/News-and-Events/Latest-News/2013/September/11/130911-Type-26
http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/britains-future-frigates-06268/
http://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/2013/09/dsei-2013-highlights-type-26-global-combat-ship/
http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/global-combat-ship-gcs-programme/
http://www.theengineer.co.uk/in-depth/the-big-story/designing-the-type-26-frigate/1009822.article
http://globaldefenceanalysis.com/2013/04/25/the-type-26-frigate-an-impression/
http://ukarmedforcescommentary.blogspot.com/2012/02/type-26-and-modern-european-frigates.html
http://www.defensenews.com/article/20120823/DEFREG01/308230004/Process-Begins-Equip-Royal-Navy-8217-s-Type-26-Frigate

Type 125 Frigate
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/europe/type-125-specs.htm
http://www.naval-technology.com/features/featuredssi-f125-frigate-german-navy
http://ukarmedforcescommentary.blogspot.com/2012/02/type-26-and-modern-european-frigates.html
http://www.seaforces.org/marint/German-Navy/Frigate/Type-125-Baden-Wurttemberg-class.htm
http://www.network54.com/Forum/211833/thread/1136743979/last-1136760132/Some+info+on+the+German+F-125+Class+Of+Frigates.......Z
http://www.europeansecurityanddefence.info/Ausgaben/2011/01_2011/10_Becker/Becker.pdf

Holland Class OPV (Netherlands)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holland-class_offshore_patrol_vessels
http://www.seaforces.org/marint/Netherlands-Navy/Offshore-Patrol-Vessel/Holland-class.htm
http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1205
http://offshore-patrol-security.com/cms-assets/documents/112276-699625.11-patrick-keyzer-day-1.pdf
http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/hollandclasspatrol/

Ocean Eagle 40/43 (Mozambique and others)
http://www.asian-defence.com/2013/02/ocean-eagle-40-nmc-launches-new.html
http://www.manicapost.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=28257:mozambique-to-buy-anti-piracy-vessels-&catid=45:international-news&Itemid=137#.Ulgc7FPnbQI
http://www.aafjournal.co.za/news/mozambique-purchases-naval-patrol-boats
http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1225
http://shippingscene.blogspot.com/2013/09/french-to-build-24-ships-for-mozambique.html

63m FMPV Trimaran (Indonesia and others)
http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=766
http://maritimo48.com/2012/10/03/kri-klewang-first-stealthy-trimaran-patrol-vessel-for-the-indonesian-navy-err-used-to-be/
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/indonesia/kcr-trimaran.htm

(in reply to HudsonGame)
Post #: 54
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/12/2013 12:14:04 AM   
Mgellis

And two more...

Falaj 2-class patrol vessel (UAE)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falaj_2-class_patrol_vessel
http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=875
http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1012

Amazonas-class corvette (Brazil)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazonas-class_corvette
http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/amazonas-offshore-patrol-vessels/

Post #: 55
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/12/2013 12:20:34 AM   
Mgellis

Sorry...here's another I meant to add earlier...

Egyptian Navy Fast Missile Craft/Ambassador-class (Egypt)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambassador_MK_III_Missile_Boat
http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/egyptian-navy-fast-missile-craft/
http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/egyptian-navy-fast-missile-craft/egyptian-navy-fast-missile-craft2.html
http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php/news/year-2011-news/october-2011-navy-naval-air-force-news/153-ambassador-iii-class-missile-craft-delivered-to-egypt-.html

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 56
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/13/2013 10:45:06 AM   
Der Zeitgeist

I'd suggest the database developers concentrate on finishing the things that are currently in the database before adding further platforms. Right now there's just too many errors and missing things like engines, loadouts and sensors in there. I'm frankly getting a bit tired of developing my scenarios when I have to constantly build around the errors and bugs that are still present.

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 57
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/13/2013 1:49:09 PM   
smudge56

Yep I apologies I didn't read it properly only sunk in just lol sorry.

quote:

ORIGINAL: HudsonGame

Blighty56,

That is why I said "What If". The database does include the Montana Class (sorry I put Wyoming Class before. I have just come out of surgery and am on pain meds), which was never completed. "What If" the Hood was not sunk, and "What If" the Tiger was kept in service later. The same could be said of many other Battleships and Battlecruisers. Thanks

(in reply to HudsonGame)
Post #: 58
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/13/2013 3:49:43 PM   
Mgellis

I'm still not sure what the editorial position is on fictional platforms, but just for fun...

Sea Monster (Generic)
I'm not sure how you would model this...basically, in terms of the game, it is just a really large whale (e.g., 10,000 tons), and one capable of swimming at high speed, probably at least 20 knots or so. I'm not sure how to model its combat abilities...give it an infinite number of invisible short range torpedoes? But it would be fun to have.

Inf Plt (Zombie Horde) (Generic)
Again, I'm not sure how to model the combat abilities here, but as a shambling, mobile target it's an interesting option...

Inf Plt (Giant Insects) (Generic)
As before, not sure how to model the combat abilities--which, as with zombies, would probably only be useful against soft targets like other infantry units, as I'm assuming "truck-sized" giant insects like the ones in Them--but as a storytelling device/target they would be interesting...

< Message edited by Mgellis -- 10/13/2013 3:57:46 PM >

(in reply to smudge56)
Post #: 59
RE: Command Database Wish List - 10/13/2013 9:17:40 PM   
HudsonGame

Mgellis,

Sounds interesting to me. Perhaps a giant flying praying mantis (The Deadly Mantis 1957). Give something for the flyboys to shoot at (also the SAMs and AAA). Just food for thought. Thanks

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Command Database Wish List Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI