Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Command v1.01 review at SimHQ

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Command v1.01 review at SimHQ Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Command v1.01 review at SimHQ - 10/30/2013 10:08:16 PM   
Schnaufer

removed due to negativity

< Message edited by Schnaufer -- 10/31/2013 10:11:54 AM >

(in reply to navwarcol)
Post #: 31
RE: Command v1.01 review at SimHQ - 10/30/2013 11:04:54 PM   
erichswafford

And I have a better system than yours which suddenly developed the inability to play BF3 smoothly after the latest "Game-Ready R331" nVidia driver. Also, BF3 had terrible mouselag for months until it was traced to Google Chrome running in the background.

These problems didn't affect anything else, just BF3. Does this make BF3 "crappy"? Does it make my 5.0Ghz/32gb/RAID0 1gb SSD/SLI GTX780/Triple-screen system crappy?

No, it means that we're using a Windows platform that uses innumerable permutations of drivers, hardware, and software. In my case, for instance, CMANO crashes at 5.0Ghz, and at first I was frustrated until my small brain realized that maybe my OC wasn't as great as I thought. Ever since backing off to 4.8, it's been running fine. Something similar could be happening to you.

You're guilty of assuming your experience with a scenario is definitely a fault within the game. But lots of things can go wrong with a Windows game these days, only some of which are due to the way the game is written.

I do know one thing: That scenario works just fine for me. Then again, mine has a fresh Win7 Ultimate install.

Until you supply the devs with a savegame that illustrates what you're talking about, you're just trolling.

I truly do not understand people who would rather complain loudly than pursue actual solutions.

If you'd like to be considered in the latter camp, I'd advise trying to work with the devs, provide them the info they're asking you for, and stop assuming your machine is the ne plus ultra of all computers and, therefore, you're in a position to know the game itself is broken.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schnaufer

As one who posted like I felt I was beta testing software, I see 2+ pages in manual crediting beta testers, but when I tried to play Shamal scenario at launch, and even to this day with patches the game crashes without an error message. Sometime I have to start task manager to shut the program down.
I have a 3770K, GeForce 690, 16 GB ram, Windows 7 ultimate.
Software titles I buy from all other places run on my machine, from 2-d simulations to 3-d first person shooters online.
This software is non functional in that scenario, and I am not playing the crappy game anymore until this is fixed.
As I said before, there is a lot of potential here, but as of right now it's unplayable.

Just my less than 2 cents worth.

< Message edited by kondor999 -- 10/30/2013 11:37:10 PM >

Post #: 32
RE: Command v1.01 review at SimHQ - 10/31/2013 9:39:13 AM   
Schnaufer

removed due to negativity

< Message edited by Schnaufer -- 10/31/2013 10:12:17 AM >

(in reply to erichswafford)
Post #: 33
RE: Command v1.01 review at SimHQ - 10/31/2013 9:41:04 AM   
Dimitris

...and still no autosave.

(in reply to Schnaufer)
Post #: 34
RE: Command v1.01 review at SimHQ - 10/31/2013 11:18:32 AM   
Tomcat84

Schnaufer,

take a look at the last three posts in this thread:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3445219

Someone has a crashing problem. He posts the savegame.
just over 24 hours later, the crash is fixed for the next patch.

I'm sorry man but I dont think you can expect a project as complex as this to be completely perfect and crash free out of the box. Especially since we're not all playing this on one type of console or something, but on thousands of different computer configurations. Stuff is bound to happen and you cannot catch everything in a closed beta.

If you would just please produce the crash and post the save, maybe they could help you fix it!

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 35
RE: Command v1.01 review at SimHQ - 10/31/2013 11:36:36 AM   
Der Zeitgeist

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tomcat84

Especially since we're not all playing this on one type of console or something, but on thousands of different computer configurations.

With all these crashes on different PC configurations, CMANO 2 will probably be an Xbox One exclusive.

(in reply to Tomcat84)
Post #: 36
RE: Command v1.01 review at SimHQ - 10/31/2013 11:55:13 AM   
navwarcol

I have a fairly mid-grade system, WIN8 (which in most cases I do not like, but different topic ) and have yet to crash in any scenario provided. Crashed once in a scenario I am making, but it was pretty much my own fault for just deciding for the hell of it "Hey, let's put the entire world military in here" And even then, not entirely sure it crashed, just sat frozen for about 2 minutes so I decided "Well, THAT was a dumb idea" and closed the program.

(in reply to Der Zeitgeist)
Post #: 37
RE: Command v1.01 review at SimHQ - 10/31/2013 12:54:18 PM   
erichswafford

I've never seen a dev team fix things that were posted to a forum in well under a week -until this game came out. Sometimes I don't think people get just how unusual this is. It demonstrates, I think, just how deeply this dev team cares about what they created.

Like I said in my review, you're basically buying a lifetime subscription to an ongoing effort. Seen in that light, the price is well-justified.

And - not to beat a dead horse - If you aren't even willing to send a savegame to demonstrate your issue, even after numerous postings (each of which took more time than it would have to simply send the requested info), then you have no right to complain.

(in reply to navwarcol)
Post #: 38
RE: Command v1.01 review at SimHQ - 10/31/2013 12:58:30 PM   
Dimitris

I just saw that Schnaufer got in touch with me through PM and explained the problem in greater detail. Please give us some time to see what we can do about it.

Post #: 39
RE: Command v1.01 review at SimHQ - 10/31/2013 1:42:55 PM   
erichswafford

Outstanding. Hopefully you can get to the bottom of the issue he's having.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 40
RE: Command v1.01 review at SimHQ - 11/1/2013 9:38:44 AM   
Dimitris

Speaking of debugging woes: http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DaveBaggett/20131031/203788/My_Hardest_Bug_Ever.php

Post #: 41
RE: Command v1.01 review at SimHQ - 11/1/2013 11:17:12 AM   
ComDev

Worth a read guys.

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 42
RE: Command v1.01 review at SimHQ - 11/1/2013 2:54:09 PM   
navwarcol

I read that article D. We are putting together some training software for the US military and have already had an issue almost exactly as it describes that cost us nearly 3 months to iron out. There is a lot more to these games than many who play them realize, and it is amazing how much one small thing can be snowballed into a giant issue taking a lot of man-hours to fix.

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 43
RE: Command v1.01 review at SimHQ - 11/10/2013 4:57:50 PM   
JohnSmith

Well due to the apparent endless possibilities of scenarios, hopefully this game could last for the unforeseeable future.

The ability and ease to add new units seems simple enough from looking at the forums, and continuous tweaks, this could be great!

Already listening to ideas on developing more emphasis on ground units, is fantastic!

Keep it up!

(in reply to navwarcol)
Post #: 44
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Command v1.01 review at SimHQ Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI