Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features Page: <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
[Poll]

RUNNING POLL - gameplay features [Feature Requests Go Here]

Downed pilots / CSAR (without using the EE)
  13% (72)
Improve weather modelling (local fronts etc.)
  12% (66)
Dedicated sensor page on DB viewer
  3% (21)
Intermittent sensor settings
  5% (28)
TOT planner/Advance Strike Planner
  29% (155)
Display weapon firing arcs in DB viewer
  1% (7)
Custom draw on map
  3% (16)
Additional contact info for passive sonar contacts
  1% (6)
Ability to group ref points
  0% (2)
Ability to name grouped ref points
  1% (6)
Sprint and drift while on mission
  1% (6)
Order weapons with active datalinks to self destruct
  0% (1)
1/3rd rule option for strike missions
  0% (1)
Multiple map windows
  2% (12)
WEGO MP
  4% (26)
Real-time MP
  9% (48)
Mid-flight mechanical breakdowns on aircraft
  0% (1)
Expand space ops (Shuttle / Skylab, armed sats etc.)
  1% (8)
Sunrise/sunset/nautical twilight calculator
  0% (1)
Option to enable a message when a vehicle reaches a specific waypoint
  0% (3)
Ability to change color of grouped refpoints and shaded patrol areas
  0% (3)
Aircraft Maintenence and Support Crew Modeling
  1% (10)
Player's Alarm Clock
  0% (1)
Collateral Damage Zone (CDZ)
  0% (2)
Unit proficiency affects adherence to ToT
  0% (0)
Optional "Beginner" GUI
  1% (6)
Make sonobuys and refpoints unselectable when invisible
  0% (0)
Ability to deactivate (destruct) sonobuoys
  0% (0)
Use "Areas" or "Routes" to simplify refpoint management
  0% (2)
Display unit thumbnail image right next to unit icon
  0% (0)
Customizeable soundslot per unit-type (hear a sound when select a unit
  0% (0)
Display time at current rate to charge SSK batteries to full
  0% (0)
Lag in obtaining info from non-realtime intel/recon assets
  0% (3)
Hotkey to change sonobuoy visibility
  0% (0)
Attack a Reference Point
  0% (4)
Show unit weapons list (nominal) for identified contacts
  0% (0)
Reverse targeting vectors (show who is targeting selected contact)
  0% (3)
Helo in-flight refuelling (from ships)
  0% (3)
Apply the 1/3 rule to Ferry Flight missions
  0% (1)
Extra filter on DB-viewer for platform sub-type
  0% (0)
Refuel Option: Set amount of fuel to take on
  0% (3)
Ability to resize icons so big icons in small countries don't overlap.
  0% (0)
Message Log option to hide messages that break fog of war.
  0% (0)
Hover (RAST) refueling for helicopters
  0% (2)
Filtering and search added to add cargo dialog
  0% (0)
Ship Towing
  0% (4)

Total Votes : 533

(last vote on : 2/3/2022 4:12:52 PM)
(Poll will run till: -- )
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 6/10/2017 5:22:43 PM   
s1nnfe1n

I do not know if they have been posted before,

1) Scenario Editor, Units, Facilities etc to be able to change sides more efficiently ex. click unit, right click option to change side.
2) Mission editor, more love for the land units. I know the game is focused on Air/Naval ops but some extra mission features for land based units will add to the title. ex, Land Control Patrol missions.
3) Kill counts of each unit and subsequent veterancy increase.
4) Dynamic driven Campaing Editor, i mean proper editor. Point base system limits the campaign creations. Lost units or destroyed facilites will not appear in the next mission etc. Non linear flow of missions.

Thanks

(in reply to deepdive)
Post #: 691
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 6/18/2017 5:34:38 PM   
hellfish6

Not sure how often this gets updated (some stuff on the list is in-game now, and I haven't been able to vote for anything new in years) but I'd like to request the ability to track kills by platform. This isn't very practical for anything but the meta-game in my head, but when the scenario is over and done with, I'd like to know that F-16C #4 from the 521st TFS (in my head, piloted by Major "Thunderballs") had seven air-to-air kills in the mission, or that the USS Carney was credited with 9 vampire kills and three Su-24s.

Again, nothing hugely important, but something that would make the game a little less... um... unfeeling for me, I suppose.

(in reply to s1nnfe1n)
Post #: 692
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 6/18/2017 10:58:45 PM   
Hestia

I second that!

(in reply to hellfish6)
Post #: 693
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 6/28/2017 4:05:39 PM   
Victor1234

quote:

ORIGINAL: s1nnfe1n

I do not know if they have been posted before,

1) Scenario Editor, Units, Facilities etc to be able to change sides more efficiently ex. click unit, right click option to change side.
2) Mission editor, more love for the land units. I know the game is focused on Air/Naval ops but some extra mission features for land based units will add to the title. ex, Land Control Patrol missions.
3) Kill counts of each unit and subsequent veterancy increase.
4) Dynamic driven Campaing Editor, i mean proper editor. Point base system limits the campaign creations. Lost units or destroyed facilites will not appear in the next mission etc. Non linear flow of missions.

Thanks

I agree with a lot of this. I think it could even be perfect for the DLC model in terms of

DLC 1: Scenario editor
DLC 2: Dynamic campaign generator
DLC 3: Facility/Fleet/Ordnance management

Just to expand on what I mean with DLC 2 & 3, there's a very fun wargame for turn of the 20th century naval warfare called Rule the Waves. There are a lot of concepts from that game that if applied to this one, would make it even more fantastic.

Imagine you're playing the dynamic campaign as a lower tier airforce like Pakistan. Your vintage Mirages are still useful on those counter-insurgency air support missions in the tribal areas, but they are costing more and more each year in maintenance and eating up your budget. What do you replace them with? American? Chinese? French? Russian? You decide! Same for the munitions. Smart munitions do make your bombing runs easier, but then you could only afford 20 for this entire fiscal year! That airbase doesn't have a long enough runway for a C-17, which was a gift to you from the US, better set something aside to expand it.

(in reply to s1nnfe1n)
Post #: 694
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 6/28/2017 6:55:52 PM   
hellfish6

I hadn't seen those ^^ suggestions before, and they're certainly dreamy. I've always had the idea of a multiplayer meta-campaign in my head where you tell a group of players "here's your budget, take country X and build your military with it" and then test it against a US CVBG or a neighboring military run by the white or red cell. Having a way to do that solitaire would be much better for me, who generally prefers solitaire, and simplify the workload...

(in reply to Victor1234)
Post #: 695
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 7/1/2017 7:50:30 AM   
mats0916@rogers.com

Hiya!

I would love to see the ability to rename several reference points at once and automatically get them numbered.

To expand on that request I would love to be able to batch handle waypoints and reference points in general; If I select a bunch of waypoints or reference points I can move them simultaneously. If I select F2 on several waypoints the setting I choose will be valid for all waypoints. Same with groups or units. This does not seem to be the case today.

Thanks for a great game and your continuing to make it better!

Cheers,
Mats

(in reply to hellfish6)
Post #: 696
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 7/2/2017 11:24:23 AM   
gosnold

I have a new feature request: I'd like to be able to see only A-D band radars on the map. It could be a sub-option in the Map settings/ Air sensors option.

The idea is that the database models the A-D and E-M bands differently, because stealth aircraft usually have much bigger signatures in the A-D band. So in order to plan missions with stealth aircraft, I'd like to see the radar coverage in that band, to avoid the radars or destroy them.
Currently when confronting a large IADS, there are so many radars on the map it's hard to tell which are A-D.

Alternatively, being able to see the OOB of detected units on the enemy side would also solve that problem.

(in reply to mats0916@rogers.com)
Post #: 697
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 7/2/2017 4:58:53 PM   
VIF2NE

It is advisable to simulate underwater currents - for example, they strongly affect non-nuclear submarines. At a current of 5 knots the submarine will be stationary.

(in reply to gosnold)
Post #: 698
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features [Feature Requests ... - 7/2/2017 5:16:28 PM   
JPFisher55

I would like to have aircraft on RTB use afterburner speed rather than full speed until they reach bingo fuel then use cruise speed.
Also, I would like to have aircraft headed to refuel to use the same speeds as RTB.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 699
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 7/10/2017 1:19:27 AM   
tjhkkr

Hello,
Is there any way to put a date modified on the scenario selection. It is useful for me to know what date a version of a scenario is?
Thank you.

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to miller7219)
Post #: 700
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 7/13/2017 2:27:42 PM   
Cik

can we get an implementation of "destroyed on ground" BDA?

for instance if you slam a parking spot or tarmac space with tons of JDAMs, and it's totally obliterated (well, 99% damaged) and the A/C on it is likewise destroyed, it still shows the yellow triangle indicating hosted aircraft (even though if you switch to the other side in-editor it's clear that every single A/C on the base has been annihilated by the B-2s that hit it)

HAS/hangar should work differently, but aircraft hosted in open parking should be easily identifiable as mangled or not by impacting ordnance.

thanks!

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 701
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 7/25/2017 4:37:12 PM   
tjhkkr

Cloning Unit suggestion:
Would it be possible when cloning a unit to have the attribute 'auto detectable' be one of the attributes cloned?
Fantastic game.

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Cik)
Post #: 702
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 7/25/2017 7:58:09 PM   
De Savage

It would be fantastic to add doctrine for maximum flight altitude for all units. Now if you give order to fly low to avoid radar and SAMs when aircraft RTB it will automatically gain altitude. This is suicide if unit is flying in area where SAM is present. Then you can give example whole airbase order: do not fly over 5000. Quick fix is that when RTB they do not change altitude.

< Message edited by De Savage -- 7/25/2017 8:01:36 PM >

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 703
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 8/2/2017 8:40:08 AM   
Grazyn

I'd love to have a way to search the cargo list instead of having to scroll the long list every time I'm looking for a specific unit. Or maybe there is already a way to do it but I can't find it

(in reply to De Savage)
Post #: 704
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 8/2/2017 12:55:54 PM   
Ilias

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grazyn
I'd love to have a way to search the cargo list instead of having to scroll the long list every time I'm looking for a specific unit. Or maybe there is already a way to do it but I can't find it

+1

(in reply to Grazyn)
Post #: 705
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 9/7/2017 5:00:17 PM   
Glenn Beasley

Would it be possible to add a "Micro" size button in/under the options "Size of Icons" ,IMHO I think it would be nice if the size of the airports we're about 1/3 the size they are when the "Small" option is selected ,This would be nice for designing /playing Scenarios in Smaller Countries (Isreal),Thanks for your Consideration regarding this.

(in reply to miller7219)
Post #: 706
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 9/7/2017 5:05:37 PM   
Glenn Beasley

I would like to design a Scenario for example between India / Pakistan The war of 71 so after I add the countries ,ROE ,Posture etc ,I attempt to add the Airports ,SAM ,EW ,AD etc if I think it's feasible for that year (71) from "add a file option " or "use existing file" If I remember
I think it's in/under the "edit"tab ,But when I use the "Latest Cold War Database" (1945-1979) to fill out my Airfields with A/C (The Daussault Ouragans,Mystere II IVA , and whatever else they were flying between 1945-1979 I will get the messege that it's the "Wrong database used" ,Hopefully that example will help. So is there a way to add the Airfields that are already in the C-MANO "add a file" "use existing file" to the C-MANO-NI Sim so that I don't have to individually build each airfield for each country in C-MANO-NI ? ,I hope That help clarify ,I think it would be nice Option/ addition if the devs could tweak C-MANO-NI so that there are Airfields for each Country in the"Add a file" or "use existing file" option under the "edit"tab in C-MANO-NI (Just as in C-MANO) for adding all of a Nations Airfields at one time (And still be able to use /add the latest Cold War Database of A/C to those Airfields without getting the messege "wrong database used" Again thanks for your Consideration of this suggestion.

< Message edited by Glenn Beasley -- 9/19/2017 9:53:25 PM >

(in reply to miller7219)
Post #: 707
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 9/7/2017 5:55:06 PM   
DWReese

To have the ability to tow other ships which have been disabled due to propulsion damage instead of leaving the to be killed by other enemy units.

(in reply to s1nnfe1n)
Post #: 708
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 9/8/2017 1:51:28 AM   
trebor6669

Helo refueling from ships while in hover.

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 709
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 9/8/2017 8:16:15 AM   
kch

how about hiding enemy unit data in the log, so that you cannot read in the log that you are under attack by a specific missile type or that you have shot down a specific aircraft type. Makes the uncertainties a bit more interesting

(in reply to trebor6669)
Post #: 710
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 9/8/2017 11:30:20 AM   
Filitch

Request for UI improvement. Every unit could has two types of string description at the map - short and detail. Short description - tactical number, call sight, name (for ships). Detail description - same as short plus type, class, squadron or division and so on.

(in reply to kch)
Post #: 711
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 9/8/2017 11:53:05 AM   
thewood1

quote:

ORIGINAL: kch

how about hiding enemy unit data in the log, so that you cannot read in the log that you are under attack by a specific missile type or that you have shot down a specific aircraft type. Makes the uncertainties a bit more interesting

Can't you do that now through message log options?

(in reply to kch)
Post #: 712
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 9/8/2017 11:53:33 AM   
kch

I didnt know... I have to check it out

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 713
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 9/9/2017 3:09:21 PM   
De Savage

I have already voted a long time ago. Here is my current list.

1. TOT planner/Advance Strike Planner
2. Make Terrain types affect detection
3. Create a circular/octagon area around a specific point
4. Helo in-flight refuelling (from ships)
5. Hover (RAST) refueling for helicopters
6. Ship Towing

(in reply to kch)
Post #: 714
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 9/19/2017 10:00:33 PM   
Glenn Beasley

I would like to design a Scenario for example between India / Pakistan The war of 71, BUT after I add the countries ,ROE ,Posture etc ,I attempt to add the Airports ,SAM ,EW ,AD etc if I think it's feasible for that year (71) from the "add a file option " or "use existing file" in/under the "edit"tab ,But when I use the "Latest Cold War Database" (1945-1979) to fill out my Airfields With A/C, (The Daussault Ouragans,Mystere II IVA , and whatever else they were flying between 1945-1979 ,and in the 1945-1979 Database) I will get the message that it's the "Wrong database used" ,Hopefully that example will help. So im asking is there a way to add (All of the Airfields) that are already in the C-MANO "add a file" "use existing file" to the C-MANO-NI Sim so that I don't have to individually build each airfield for each country in C-MANO-NI ? ,I hope That helps clarify what Imo think it would be nice Option/ addition if the Developers could tweak C-MANO-NI so that the Airfields for each Country in the"Add a file" or "use existing file" option under the "edit"tab (Just as in C-MANO) for adding all of a Nations Airfields at one time (And still be able to use /add the latest Cold War Database of A/C to those Airfields without getting the messege "wrong database used" Again thanks for your Consideration of this suggestion.

< Message edited by Glenn Beasley -- 9/19/2017 10:13:30 PM >

(in reply to De Savage)
Post #: 715
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 9/19/2017 11:30:53 PM   
thewood1

Have you looked to see if those airfields are in the import files. One of solutions I use quite often is open up an existing scenario for countries and time periods I am looking for and export the facilities, groups, etc. and then import them into the new scenario.

(in reply to Glenn Beasley)
Post #: 716
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 9/27/2017 9:31:54 PM   
Peter66

OnMapClick -> For Lua. This way you can for example take a Special Action and link it to a specific point on the map of users choice. This could be used for many many purposes. One example would be giving orders (mission teleport or similar) to a side that isn't yours.

"Is game hard to pick up?" <- easier to pick up than most women.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 717
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 10/1/2017 4:55:17 PM   
tjhkkr

I think I may have mentioned this before... but is it possible that if you clone a unit (cntrl-C) that it copies whether a unit is auto-detect or not?

(in reply to miller7219)
Post #: 718
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 10/1/2017 5:59:12 PM   
stilesw

thhkkr,

In my experience when you copy or clone a unit (cntl-C or shift Cntl-C) the new unit will have auto-detect set to whatever its default is. So, if you have manually changed a unit to non-detect and copy it the new unit will default to detect.

This also seems to be true of units saved as .inst files. When they are loaded into a scenario they will default to their normal status regardless of what they were when you saved them.

-Wayne Stiles

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 719
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 10/2/2017 12:53:46 AM   
ColonelMolerat

Could it be made so that you can select a satellite by clicking its name in the Satellite Pass Predictor window, please?

It's pretty tricky trying to find a satellite (so you can find out more about it) when all you know is when, approximately, it will be overhead.

(in reply to stilesw)
Post #: 720
Page:   <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features Page: <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI