Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Unbelievable World in Flames Map & Books

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Unbelievable World in Flames Map & Books Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Unbelievable World in Flames Map & Books - 10/24/2013 3:43:35 PM   
Neilster

Gary, that new Command Naval Combat game from Matrix uses a spherical map. It's like playing a wargame on Google Earth.

Cheers, Neilster

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 61
RE: Unbelievable World in Flames Map & Books - 10/24/2013 3:50:32 PM   
GaryChildress

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neilster

Gary, that new Command Naval Combat game from Matrix uses a spherical map. It's like playing a wargame on Google Earth.

Cheers, Neilster

That sounds really cool. I was looking at the game on a youtube video. It looks kind of like Harpoon a little bit. I couldn't really get a feel for the game just seeing the video though. Has Matrix considered maybe doing a demo for the game. I'd like to try it out but I'm a little reluctant to pay full price for it just to see what it is like and see if I will like it or not. I've done that a few too many times--just bought a game because I wanted to see if it would be fun or not.

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 62
RE: Unbelievable World in Flames Map & Books - 10/24/2013 4:12:44 PM   
Neilster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

quote:

Cheers, Neilster

That sounds really cool. I was looking at the game on a youtube video. It looks kind of like Harpoon a little bit. I couldn't really get a feel for the game just seeing the video though. Has Matrix considered maybe doing a demo for the game. I'd like to try it out but I'm a little reluctant to pay full price for it just to see what it is like and see if I will like it or not. I've done that a few too many times--just bought a game because I wanted to see if it would be fun or not.

They generally have a policy of not doing demos. You'll be able to find threads where this has been argued out endlessly.

There's a pretty strong argument that watching "Let's play" videos is a better way to get a feel for their games.

Cheers, Neilster

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 63
RE: Unbelievable World in Flames Map & Books - 10/24/2013 6:40:23 PM   
Perturabo

I wouldn't have bought BftB without a demo.

By the way, would there be any chance for a physical edition of the BftB update together with printed colour manuals and a full-sized box?

< Message edited by Perturabo -- 10/24/2013 6:43:00 PM >

People shouldn't ask themselves why schools get shoot up.
They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 64
RE: Unbelievable World in Flames Map & Books - 10/25/2013 1:03:50 AM   
Jim D Burns

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1
i.e. how would I be able to lean over to reach the stacks? Impossible!

There is an old-school board game trick to play huge monster games like these using magnets. Check page 6 of this old thread, we discus wall mounting a huge game map:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1248772

Jim

< Message edited by Jim D Burns -- 10/25/2013 1:20:28 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 65
RE: Unbelievable World in Flames Map & Books - 10/25/2013 1:16:35 AM   
Jim D Burns

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil
The map weighs over 3kg - that's how much paper is in it. The same as the 3 hard backed books!

What caliper is the paper, such an expensive and heavy map could easily tear if the caliper is too light?

Here's a PDF chart:

http://www.casepaper.com/resources/calculators/paper-thickness-caliper/

Jim

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 66
RE: Unbelievable World in Flames Map & Books - 10/25/2013 2:44:32 AM   
GaryChildress

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

quote:

Cheers, Neilster

They generally have a policy of not doing demos. You'll be able to find threads where this has been argued out endlessly.

There's a pretty strong argument that watching "Let's play" videos is a better way to get a feel for their games.

Cheers, Neilster

That's true. I bought XCOM Enemy Unknown just from watching a series of "Let's Play" videos on it. Had a lot of fun with it. I'll check out youtube for some vids on the CMNAO.

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 67
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Unbelievable World in Flames Map & Books Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI