Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Patch news (3.5)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> RE: Patch news (3.5) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 2/24/2014 10:03:21 PM   
BigDuke66

God I hope that is written in stone.

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 31
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 3/1/2014 8:31:48 PM   
TOAWTeddy

Does anyone on the Beta team, or Ralph himself, know if increasing the number of Supply Points from 99 is planned for 3.5? With an improved Naval Model on the objectives list, making island hopping or other scenarios involving a lot of amphibious invasions will be more doable. More supply points would be necessary to make some of the more ambitious of those types of scenarios successful.

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 32
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 3/10/2014 9:32:06 PM   
ncc1701e

Generally speaking, is there a list of the modifications planned in 3.5?
Thanks for the hard work maintaining this game.

(in reply to TOAWTeddy)
Post #: 33
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 3/21/2014 7:06:05 PM   
josant

One thing that I would like to see on future versions is multiple sides: currently the system only considers two forces, and would be interesting in large scenarios such as World War 2, global conflict.... see more tan 2 forces;

In big WW2 scenarios: 1st force could be Soviet,2nd force could be German, 3rd force could be Allies
In global conflict scenario: 1st force could be NATO, 2nd Force could be Warsaw Pact, 3rd Force could beArab, 4th Force could be China...

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 34
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 4/9/2014 8:30:10 PM   
Jo van der Pluym

quote:

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick

Patch 3.5 is being actively developed again. We're making some good progress, and I'm hoping we can release it in the January-March time frame.

Two big items are a more complete Naval model and more units, etc. to allow for larger map sizes.

More detail will follow.

It's now april and I am currious when to expect the release of patch 3.5 and to more details of it?

Greetings from the Netherlands

Jo van der Pluym
CrazyDutch

(in reply to ralphtricky)
Post #: 35
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 4/12/2014 9:49:40 AM   
ncc1701e

Maybe we should expect 3.6 instead of 3.5 now.

See post #25 in this thread:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3581677

quote:

Soren supplied Fogger and I with 3.6.0.55 and that's what we're using. I feel a little bit strange playing w/ a new version in public but
I guess Soren knows what he's doing. Actually FITE2 needs the new version because it's so big.

(in reply to Jo van der Pluym)
Post #: 36
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 4/23/2014 6:01:18 AM   
BigDuke66

LOL 3.6.0.55 who do I have to shoot to get my hands on that?!

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 37
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 4/23/2014 1:12:14 PM   
Jeff Norton

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigDuke66

LOL 3.6.0.55 who do I have to shoot to get my hands on that?!

Oh, I wouldn't say that.... Bribe, but not gunfire....

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 38
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 4/23/2014 4:32:03 PM   
BigDuke66

Oh, OK so money or chicks & beer?

(in reply to Jeff Norton)
Post #: 39
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 4/23/2014 5:30:54 PM   
sPzAbt653

Duke, its a Beta so it has issues. Its available for scenario designs that use the new parameters. So if you are designing a scenario for the 3.6 release ...

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 40
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 4/23/2014 8:51:34 PM   
fogger

issues like does not do PBEM (now may be fixed ?) and some arty units will not engage naval targets. that is why Larry and I are doing our test in two player hot seat and not PBEM which is a real pain in the butt.

Thought for the day:
If you feel like doing some work, sit down and wait....... The feeling does go away.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 41
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 4/23/2014 10:00:29 PM   
BigDuke66

Well if I can also look forward not only to the improvements of the new patch but also to new or at at least reworked scenarios I'm looking even more forward to its release.

(in reply to fogger)
Post #: 42
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 6/11/2014 11:31:15 PM   
Jeff Norton

*Bump*

Any news to report? - "Good things come to they who wait." but.....

-Jeff
Veritas Vos Liberabit
"Hate America - love their movies" -Foos Babaganoosh - Anchor - Jihad Tonite

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 43
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 6/12/2014 8:57:43 PM   
BigDuke66

Well well I get a bit worried, if it is too long too quiet than even when a new patch comes out it might not be enough to get the players back that we lost in the "dry season", especially when the last patch pulled out some problems that make a lot players stop playing till these are resolved.
I see that in a wargame club, years ago we had many more active TOAW players, now it's down to 47.
I only hope we stay under the mark set by the last patch, that patch took 3 years and 5 months to be released, so I hope the new patch comes out by July 2014, at least an open beta by that time would already be great.
While it is understandable that all those big changes that are in the next patch simply take its time to be achieved, these long dry seasons are simply damaging to the player base.

(in reply to Jeff Norton)
Post #: 44
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 6/13/2014 3:22:08 AM   
larryfulkerson

I'm playing WITP-AE for a while.

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 45
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 6/13/2014 6:27:51 AM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigDuke66

Well well I get a bit worried, if it is too long too quiet than even when a new patch comes out it might not be enough to get the players back that we lost in the "dry season", especially when the last patch pulled out some problems that make a lot players stop playing till these are resolved.
I see that in a wargame club, years ago we had many more active TOAW players, now it's down to 47.
I only hope we stay under the mark set by the last patch, that patch took 3 years and 5 months to be released, so I hope the new patch comes out by July 2014, at least an open beta by that time would already be great.
While it is understandable that all those big changes that are in the next patch simply take its time to be achieved, these long dry seasons are simply damaging to the player base.

It ain't that bad, the interest about TOAW III. In fact, thanks (Ja, Eigenlob stinkt!) to my continuous efforts in nodding, adapting, etc. old scenarios to 3.4 (yes, I ask the original designers) and referring to 3XBb.EXE there are quite some TOAW III PBEMs going on in the German SI-Forum. Furthermore, even my tutorial slides are again in demand! 3.5 or 3.X would be bloody marvellous, but so far scenario development (The Doc's latest Ardennes '44 is in beta and being tested) is still going on... even Kharkov '43 and a future Kiev '43 campaign, perhaps (after the WC 2014) a 2km/hex version of Kanev '43 - The Market Garden of the East.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 46
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 6/13/2014 8:33:57 AM   
Sensei.Tokugawa

Hey, Duke, did you mean the Blitz?

And yes - it's the highest time for the Kanev operation to appear as a standalone scenario. So far I have seen only a custom scenario for AT and a few for TOC Korsun '44 two of which I have played myself at the Blitz.

"-What if one doesn't make it?
-Then we know he was no good for SpetsNaz. ..."
V. Suvorov, "Spetsnaz;the Story behind the Soviet SAS"

...No escape from Passchendaele .../ God Dethroned, "Passiondale"

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 47
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 6/13/2014 9:43:48 AM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: burroughs

Hey, Duke, did you mean the Blitz?

And yes - it's the highest time for the Kanev operation to appear as a standalone scenario. So far I have seen only a custom scenario for AT and a few for TOC Korsun '44 two of which I have played myself at the Blitz.

Kamerad,

Frederic Schaaff did a Kanev '43 for ACOW. I tried to contact him to ask for permission if I can 'upgrade' it. No reply yet. It's a good one, though 2km/hex and more sub-units and new equipment file would be bloody marvellous, no?

Klink, Oberst

Attachment (1)

My Blog & on Twitter.

(in reply to Sensei.Tokugawa)
Post #: 48
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 6/13/2014 12:03:00 PM   
Alpha77

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

and new equipment file would be bloody marvellous, no?

Erlaubnis zum sprechen, Herr Oberst ?

Which WW2 equip file is generally recommended ? As most of us agree the one that comes with the game isn´t that great. It would be a good idea to have one good WW2 and one good "modern" file for scen designers who wants a better one. I found 2 or 3 WW2 files but all seem to differ. So maybe we could agree at one which seems best. Can you provide links to the file that you use or do you create a seperate one for each scen you make ? I made some changes to the one which came with the "Dir21" scen already (for my own use).

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 49
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 6/13/2014 2:08:50 PM   
BigDuke66

@Oberst_Klink
Yes the hardcore is still around but new players? It's hard to recommend the game in it's current state were you only really get along when using some third party unofficial EXE.
And it's not only the players, what about the scenario designers?
Lets face it, the changes planed for the next version are finally so far that we hopefully also get old scenario designers to really upgrade their scenarios themselves instead of what we saw on the release of TOAWIII were many scenario were simply just loaded into the editor and saved again to make sure they run at all, that is no real rework to release a scenario to benefit from changes to the new game.
Hopefully with the next release we get some of those great designers back.

@burroughs
The Blitz??? How did you find that out!
Yes I mean the Blitz, maybe my mind play tricks on me but I think a few years ago we had a much more active community and also many more active players, beyond 100 I think.

< Message edited by BigDuke66 -- 6/13/2014 3:10:00 PM >

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 50
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 6/13/2014 3:21:18 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

We'll have more news on this soon, can't be more specific yet, but work is ongoing.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 51
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 6/13/2014 3:24:54 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alpha77

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

and new equipment file would be bloody marvellous, no?

Erlaubnis zum sprechen, Herr Oberst ?

Which WW2 equip file is generally recommended ? As most of us agree the one that comes with the game isn´t that great. It would be a good idea to have one good WW2 and one good "modern" file for scen designers who wants a better one. I found 2 or 3 WW2 files but all seem to differ. So maybe we could agree at one which seems best. Can you provide links to the file that you use or do you create a seperate one for each scen you make ? I made some changes to the one which came with the "Dir21" scen already (for my own use).

Well, I use my own, inspired by all the others. I usually just add more flavour to it, e.g. for different nationalities, which in longer campaigns comes in handy regarding the different replacements. The scale of my scenarios however (or those I got permission to update) are operational ones, e.g. where replacements as such don't play a major role. I posted in various threads about the 'design philosophy'. Some values have been changed, not much though, to reflect different training/cohesion of certain infantry unit types. My .eqp (still not finished) is part of the latest Kharkov '43.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 52
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 6/19/2014 5:16:30 PM   
mike1984

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

We'll have more news on this soon, can't be more specific yet, but work is ongoing.

Regards,

- Erik

I do realize how variable timetables can be on projects this big... however... and I understand if you can't answer... should I not bother working on scenarios (in my case Sicily to Brenner Pass) until the next patch comes out? I don't want to put in hours and hours of work, only to have to re-do everything 2 months from now.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 53
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 6/20/2014 9:06:08 AM   
Sensei.Tokugawa

If you meant the Blitz, Duke,I am starting to think I just might have beaten everyone there into inactivity, especially I regret bashing badly that new guy last year in a NATO / WarPact ( he caused a great scare on the NATO sode with his relentless advance so I guess I had to ... ) confrontation of many who is now no more, but he wrote me he moved onto TOCs ladder and asked for some mods. That's how my taking everyone who appeared at the forums on to recruit them for the TOAW III ladder is apparently ending - a reverse effect.

When it comes to Kanev off COW Herr Oberst, I must have overlooked that especially with the last working installation of that version of the game annihilated while moving from an old OP to a new one.

"-What if one doesn't make it?
-Then we know he was no good for SpetsNaz. ..."
V. Suvorov, "Spetsnaz;the Story behind the Soviet SAS"

...No escape from Passchendaele .../ God Dethroned, "Passiondale"

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 54
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 6/23/2014 11:05:09 AM   
fogger

Is everything OK with Ralph? It has been a month since his last log in.

Thought for the day:
If you feel like doing some work, sit down and wait....... The feeling does go away.

(in reply to Sensei.Tokugawa)
Post #: 55
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 7/8/2014 11:55:06 PM   
Meyer1

Man, this is so sad... I guess we won't see Toaw 4 in october. November perhaps?

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 56
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 7/9/2014 8:10:31 AM   
fogger

He logged in back on the 4th. But it would be nice if he gave us an update

Thought for the day:

(in reply to Meyer1)
Post #: 57
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 8/27/2014 3:18:55 AM   
Jo van der Pluym

quote:

Hi everyone,

Regards,

- Erik

Hi Erik

You have post this message about 10 weeks ago. And I am currious to the news about the 3.5 update. How is the progres and can you tell something about the new features, bugfixes etc

Greetings from the Netherlands

Jo van der Pluym
CrazyDutch

Post #: 58
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 10/24/2014 3:27:06 PM   
Lobster

Bump. Dated 13 June 2014:

quote:

Hi everyone,

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Lobster -- 10/24/2014 4:31:45 PM >

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

Post #: 59
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 10/25/2014 6:08:51 PM   
Telumar

A bit off topic, but related:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobster

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net

Your signature...

They're building a 2.5 km / hex map of European Russia with TOAW (given the map size with the beta):

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/massive-2-5km-per-hex-operation-barbarossa-map/

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> RE: Patch news (3.5) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI