Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Patch news (3.5)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> RE: Patch news (3.5) Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patch news (3.5) - 4/15/2015 9:42:24 PM   
ralphtricky

quote:

ORIGINAL: FlipTrac_511
quote:

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick
I remember that I patched one area where the AI behavior was determined by the mouse location...

If you want to understand the complexity, Quake 3 has nearly 310K lines (including comments and blank lines) TOAW has about 170K.

I can't fathom how you figured out how a cursor was affecting AI...hiding in 170k lines of code.

It was a subtle problem. If I remember right, I was looking at the movement routine and it took in an x,y but actually used the current mouse position if the menu didn't pop up or something like that. When you're using the mouse to move that works great, but when it's the AI it's not going to work right. I don't remember if I was debugging through the AI or getting rid of the global mouse position.

(in reply to FlipTrac_511)
Post #: 151
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> RE: Patch news (3.5) Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI