Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Shipping when?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Shipping when? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Shipping when? - 11/14/2013 8:44:53 PM   
Lascar

quote:

ORIGINAL: shaddock

Did anyone else notice Erik said several hundred orders? This is indeed good news since that means a lot of demand. Which also means Steve gets paid and will get the hardware to help make the task of AI a bit easier.

quote:

hundred

May that increase to several thousands. I intend to add to that increase very soon with my purchase. I have been following the development of MWIF since it began. I have been very impressed by the efforts of Steve and his stamina for following through with the herculean effort to bring it to completion. In addition he has done with no other developer has done with his detailed monthly progress reports to communicate that progress to his potential customers.

Most of the reports by those who already have the game in had confirm that this will indeed be a purchase worth the price.

(in reply to shaddock)
Post #: 61
RE: Shipping when? - 11/14/2013 8:52:53 PM   
pz501

Same problem here in PA....no shipping notification, and no way of knowing whether USPS or FEDEX is the carrier. I have submitted a help ticket, and hopefully I'll get some info that way.

I've also been a supporter of Matrix since it was founded, but in this case, I'm wondering if I've made the right decision in ordering WiF at all? I suppose the old adage "let the buyer beware" comes into play here. Either way, I'll have to think twice or three times about doing anything like this again, if this is the future for Matrix and Slitherine publishing "monster" games.

Don't take this the wrong way anyone, I'm NOT ranting, and Erik's explanations have been timely and mostly helpful.

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 62
RE: Shipping when? - 11/14/2013 9:19:46 PM   
shaddock

Look at it this way. Remember when, as a child, trying to find all the places your parents hid the Christmas gifts? And remember the frustration of not finding them, only to see them under the tree? Sometime before Christmas you'll get a present in the mail. And the best part is you can open it right away!

save the carrots; eat a vegan!

(in reply to pz501)
Post #: 63
RE: Shipping when? - 11/14/2013 9:21:34 PM   
FroBodine

Not a bad analogy. But, we never had to pay for those Christmas gifts. When I pay for something, I get a bit impatient.

(in reply to shaddock)
Post #: 64
RE: Shipping when? - 11/14/2013 10:13:39 PM   
Rosseau

I'm glad the international orders went out first, as they paid the most for the game.

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 65
RE: Shipping when? - 11/14/2013 10:34:36 PM   
jomni

Erik, I really need the tracking info on my order. It is because I'm sending mine to the office and the receptionist is the one to receive.

[Ticket submitted]

< Message edited by jomni -- 11/14/2013 11:39:40 PM >

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 66
RE: Shipping when? - 11/14/2013 10:35:08 PM   
captskillet

Basically I would like to know if the Books I had to order have shipped and some kind of a notice if they have as of 1700 hrs CST no ship notice.

"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 67
RE: Shipping when? - 11/14/2013 10:59:47 PM   
berthier

After waiting for 10+ years for the PC game to come out the impatience being exhibited waiting for a shipping notice on the books is hysterical. You've got the game, you've got the manuals on pdf, you'll get the hard copy when it comes, what's the big deal? It's not as if your dealing with a shonky organization who'll take your money and run!

< Message edited by berthier -- 11/15/2013 12:01:24 AM >

(in reply to captskillet)
Post #: 68
RE: Shipping when? - 11/14/2013 11:03:45 PM   
Greyshaft

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi Dr. Foo,

Got an answer for you from the warehouse:

"There are some instances that we are seeing in which FedEx will not deliver Ground service. For instance PO Boxes or Hawaii. Our system had automatically switched those to Priority Mail. So far I think out of the first several hundred orders, there were 5 that were PO boxes."

So it is indeed on the way, the full package, but via Priority Mail to keep the shipping price within what you paid and allow for delivery to your location.

Regards,

- Erik

Uh oh... I specified a PO Box in Sydney Australia. What happens now?

/Greyshaft

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 69
RE: Shipping when? - 11/14/2013 11:07:32 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greyshaft

quote:

Hi Dr. Foo,

"There are some instances that we are seeing in which FedEx will not deliver Ground service. For instance PO Boxes or Hawaii. Our system had automatically switched those to Priority Mail. So far I think out of the first several hundred orders, there were 5 that were PO boxes."

So it is indeed on the way, the full package, but via Priority Mail to keep the shipping price within what you paid and allow for delivery to your location.

Regards,

- Erik

I doubt that the delivery to Sydney from the US will ground service.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 70
RE: Shipping when? - 11/14/2013 11:45:59 PM   
FroBodine

quote:

ORIGINAL: berthier

After waiting for 10+ years for the PC game to come out the impatience being exhibited waiting for a shipping notice on the books is hysterical. You've got the game, you've got the manuals on pdf, you'll get the hard copy when it comes, what's the big deal? It's not as if your dealing with a shonky organization who'll take your money and run!

Well, luckily I did not have to wait 10 years. I had no idea this game was in development until I saw the released notice on the Matrix home page. The only reason I'm impatient is that they have a 2 day shipping policy. Sure, I guess stuff happened. Stuff happens. But, my support ticket response said my product shipped on 11/13, and I still have no e-mail notification or anything.

I think waiting almost a week is long enough for some kind of status change in my order, with an update to me, the consumer.

< Message edited by jglazier -- 11/15/2013 12:47:26 AM >

(in reply to berthier)
Post #: 71
RE: Shipping when? - 11/15/2013 3:49:58 AM   
Greyshaft

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets
quote:

ORIGINAL: Greyshaft
quote:

Hi Dr. Foo,

Regards,

- Erik

I doubt that the delivery to Sydney from the US will ground service.

Never underestimate the ability of a system to invoke a rule without regard to common sense.

/Greyshaft

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 72
RE: Shipping when? - 11/15/2013 7:33:28 AM   
Joseignacio

quote:

ORIGINAL: jglazier

Hi Erik - I submitted a support ticket very early this morning before reading about any of this. A slitherine representative responded within 20 minutes, and said my order shipped on 11/13/2013.

I then updated the ticket and asked for the notification and tracking #. I have not had a response back yet.

If my order did indeed ship on the 13th like they told me, shouldn't I have my e-mail notification or something by now?

-=Jeff

I received my email notification one hour ago, well after they called me yesterday, like 20 hours before, to deliver.

This is my "travel history", after I got the email and could track the shipment:

quote:

-

11/15/2013 - Friday
8:24 am
In transit

MADRID ES

Package available for clearance
6:12 am
At destination sort facility

MADRID ES
4:43 am
Departed FedEx location

ROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FR
4:32 am
In transit

-

11/14/2013 - Thursday
10:31 pm
Departed FedEx location

9:22 pm
In transit

8:39 pm
Arrived at FedEx location

5:52 am
In transit

MEMPHIS, TN
5:29 am
Departed FedEx location

MEMPHIS, TN
2:00 am
In transit

MEMPHIS, TN
1:21 am
Arrived at FedEx location

MEMPHIS, TN
-

11/13/2013 - Wednesday
5:37 pm
Left FedEx origin facility

PORTLAND, OR
4:35 pm
Picked up

PORTLAND, OR
12:56 pm
Shipment information sent to FedEx

So:

- My shipment started on 11/13
- If air delivery is involved, distance is not a substantial factor in times of delivery.

I guess yours may ne about to arrive too, and maybe you'll receive an email afterwards, like me.

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 73
RE: Shipping when? - 11/15/2013 8:44:43 AM   
wongalfred

Well, I just received my shipping email with tracking number, according to Fedex tracking system the package should delivery to me on next Monday. It weight near 6kgs

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 74
RE: Shipping when? - 11/15/2013 9:02:19 AM   
Skeleton

Still no notification and I purchased on the first day. In Texas; is there still a back log of deliveries for the United States?

(in reply to wongalfred)
Post #: 75
RE: Shipping when? - 11/15/2013 9:24:00 AM   
captskillet

you know bertheir after further review you are correct...I extend an apology for coming off a little impatient!

(in reply to berthier)
Post #: 76
RE: Shipping when? - 11/15/2013 10:02:23 AM   
Gresbeck

quote:

Good News! The DVD(s) you ordered from Matrix Games containing:
World in Flames-Physical with Free Download
were shipped to you on November 14, 2013 11:00:02 PM to the following address

Ordered from (and shipped to) Italy.
Not sure is a good idea to name the product as DVD (books pay a lower VAT). Hoping for the "good heart" of the custom authorities.

Post #: 77
RE: Shipping when? - 11/15/2013 10:12:38 AM   
boshar

Don't worry. The 'real' package description mentions books and a backup disk with at total value of $40,-. My package was inspected by customs but there where no extra costs and I didn't see a VAT charge (maybe because of the $40 total value?).

(in reply to Gresbeck)
Post #: 78
RE: Shipping when? - 11/15/2013 10:13:15 AM   
lecrop

Notification received

(in reply to Gresbeck)
Post #: 79
RE: Shipping when? - 11/15/2013 10:54:24 AM   
berthier

Capskillet

no apology needed for your impatience, I was just trying to get people to see the funny side of a 10 year wait contrasted to a couple of days wait...it is pretty ironic!

Post #: 80
RE: Shipping when? - 11/15/2013 10:55:49 AM   
Joseignacio

It is.

(in reply to berthier)
Post #: 81
RE: Shipping when? - 11/15/2013 11:09:52 AM   
shaddock

Woke up this morning with my delivery notice. It should be here, in New York, before the 23rd.

save the carrots; eat a vegan!

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 82
RE: Shipping when? - 11/15/2013 12:52:54 PM   
captskillet

same hear should arrive by 23rd to Louisiana.

(in reply to shaddock)
Post #: 83
RE: Shipping when? - 11/15/2013 1:17:58 PM   
Numdydar

Mine said the same thing but I checked the tracking number and I will get them TODAY Yeaaaaaa!!!!

Of course being on the west coast does help

Post #: 84
RE: Shipping when? - 11/15/2013 1:40:50 PM   
Klydon

I also got a shipping notice this AM. Supposed to be here middle of next week. (In US).

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 85
RE: Shipping when? - 11/15/2013 2:07:30 PM   
Erik Rutins

Make sure you do check your tracking numbers. The e-mail estimate is often a conservative one and the shipping companies often deliver before that date.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Klydon)
Post #: 86
RE: Shipping when? - 11/15/2013 2:52:00 PM   
Meroka37

No notification here yet

'Better honor without ships, than ships without honor"

Post #: 87
RE: Shipping when? - 11/15/2013 3:31:20 PM   
pz501

Same thing here, no email yet. Checked on status of my Helpdesk Ticket, and there was a polite response from a Slitherine Rep. saying that my package was ready for shipment, and that I should check my email for notification (this was yesterday).

There has been comment made concerning the impatience of some people....I'll plead guilty to that. I suppose an explanation is called for, since I didn't want to appear like some sort of whiner or ingrate.

I can't say that I've been waiting 10 years for this game to come out like so many others...I did own the first paper version in 1985-86 (really can't remember the exact dates) and played it a bit, but always thought that it needed a computer assist, which it now has. That, along with professionally printed and bound manuals, and the possibility of actually getting to play this again made it a worthwhile purchase for me.

My only concern is making time available to receive the package, and knowing where it is by having the tracking number. This way I can plan accordingly. That is the only reason I'm sounding impatient. I DO appreciate Matrix's efforts to work through a glitch in the system...it's just the lack of information that annoys me, but I guess sooner or later that email will come in.

I'll step off of the soap box, shut up, and not post on this issue again.

Post #: 88
RE: Shipping when? - 11/15/2013 4:51:47 PM   
Rekm41

Git email last night with track details shipped yesterday said I was receiving it today and voila FedEx showed up at my office with a box for me. And not duty or taxes added on. Good job Matrix. Thanks

Keep Moving and Keep your Head DOWN!!

(in reply to pz501)
Post #: 89
RE: Shipping when? - 11/15/2013 4:59:52 PM   
Skeleton

Damn, now I am just jealous!?! Still no notification and yes, I am OCD, so I continue to check my inbox every 30 minutes!!!

(in reply to Rekm41)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Shipping when? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI