Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Avatars?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Avatars? Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/8/2014 6:27:12 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mayhemizer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Froonp

A ski unit.

2nd Ski Div is mine! Touch it and I hit your fingers with a pointer like an old school teacher... ;)

I would not touch you division but I would bet you a beer that my division could ski faster than yours.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Mayhemizer_slith)
Post #: 211
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/8/2014 7:19:12 PM   
von altair

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

quote:

A ski unit.

2nd Ski Div is mine! Touch it and I hit your fingers with a pointer like an old school teacher... ;)

I would not touch you division but I would bet you a beer that my division could ski faster than yours.

My Dear Swedish friend! As you know, our kids beated Swedish kids at Ice Hockey recently! Unfortunately Swedish prepared for victory and even maded some celebration party before the game!

The same goes with these things here! We both know that Mighty Finnish army will ski faster than Swedish one!

Cheers! :)

"An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur?"

"Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?"

-Axel Oxenstierna

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 212
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/8/2014 7:27:00 PM   
RJL5188

I guess all's fair in love and WIF...cant we all just get along?

"Remember. This is a military operation. They NEVER go according to plan." ---Gen. Beck to Col. Stauffenberg (VALKYRIE)

(in reply to von altair)
Post #: 213
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/8/2014 8:02:25 PM   
AxelNL

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjl518

I guess all's fair in love and WIF...cant we all just get along?

not with those ugly green ships

< Message edited by AxelNL -- 1/8/2014 9:02:43 PM >

(in reply to RJL5188)
Post #: 214
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/9/2014 6:26:03 PM   
Droop21

Patrice,

Could I ask you for one of your nice version of the Richelieu (mine seems terribly ugly in light of all those nice counters)

Thanks

(in reply to AxelNL)
Post #: 215
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/9/2014 7:39:56 PM   
Froonp

This one is even quicker
quote:

quote:

quote:

A ski unit.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 216
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/9/2014 7:40:31 PM   
Froonp

That one !
quote:

ORIGINAL: Droop

Patrice,

Could I ask you for one of your nice version of the Richelieu (mine seems terribly ugly in light of all those nice counters)

Thanks

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Droop21)
Post #: 217
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/9/2014 7:41:03 PM   
Froonp

And this one is my home :-)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 218
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/9/2014 8:32:35 PM   
Droop21

Thanks, looks clearly nicer

Lucky you, mine would be another pre WWI ship but from the Courbet class - Paris

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 219
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/9/2014 8:53:27 PM   
paulderynck

Now you can edit your avatar in your profile and use the pretty Richelieu - it will even be retroactive!

Paul

(in reply to Droop21)
Post #: 220
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/9/2014 11:24:57 PM   
onionking

Hey Froonp!

Would it be possible please to get a Canadian submarine? Living in Edmonton with the once-world's largest mall the running joke was its underwater exhibit had more submarines than the navy.

Thank you!

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 221
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/10/2014 1:53:54 PM   
celebrindal

Good day Patrice, could I get you to do up one of the CDN cruisers for me.

If possible are you able to change the names on the counters? I doubt there is a Saskatchewan or Regina one.. if you can please set it to Regina. Thanks mucho.

(in reply to onionking)
Post #: 222
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/10/2014 3:58:38 PM   
Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Droop

Thanks, looks clearly nicer

Lucky you, mine would be another pre WWI ship but from the Courbet class - Paris

The Paris.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Droop21)
Post #: 223
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/10/2014 3:59:12 PM   
Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: onionking

Hey Froonp!

Would it be possible please to get a Canadian submarine? Living in Edmonton with the once-world's largest mall the running joke was its underwater exhibit had more submarines than the navy.

Thank you!

The 1938 Canadian SUB.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to onionking)
Post #: 224
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/10/2014 3:59:51 PM   
Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: celebrindal

If possible are you able to change the names on the counters? I doubt there is a Saskatchewan or Regina one.. if you can please set it to Regina. Thanks mucho.

What is CDN ?

(in reply to celebrindal)
Post #: 225
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/10/2014 4:04:14 PM   
Froonp

Is this Canada ?
quote:

quote:

What is CDN ?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 226
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/10/2014 6:41:36 PM   
Mayhemizer_slith

quote:

quote:

quote:

A ski unit.

My friend. I guess our troops can ski equally fast. The only difference is that we carry weapons, combat rations etc while skiing ;) Also we can ski longer times, thanks to Pervitin!

Did you know (according to Finnish legend): Germany produced Pervitin to all Axis countries in Europe. Normally there was a warning text "May cause hangover". Our military leaders were worried that troops may think that it also causes drunkenness so they asked to send it with out warning text.

Anyone please correct if you can confirm/rebut this.

If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.

-Murphy's war law

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 227
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/10/2014 7:12:35 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

A ski unit.

My friend. I guess our troops can ski equally fast. The only difference is that we carry weapons, combat rations etc while skiing ;) Also we can ski longer times, thanks to Pervitin!

Did you know (according to Finnish legend): Germany produced Pervitin to all Axis countries in Europe. Normally there was a warning text "May cause hangover". Our military leaders were worried that troops may think that it also causes drunkenness so they asked to send it with out warning text.

Anyone please correct if you can confirm/rebut this.

You might ski longer but you can't shoot straight since you are high on drugs.

I have no idea about the warning text but it do sound likely. I am sure that Swedish boys reading the "hangover" text would take it to get drunk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_and_culture_of_amphetamines#Military_use

----

Your boys might beat our boys in ice hockey and it was well done. No doubt about it; the best team won. But what really counts is when the men play in the Olympic Games that begins soon. If your team win the gold medal I will buy you a beer.

Cheers!

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Mayhemizer_slith)
Post #: 228
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/10/2014 7:55:10 PM   
paulderynck

quote:

Is this Canada ?
quote:

quote:

What is CDN ?

Yeah they both are. 'CDN' is much more commonly used in games and for currency. Not sure why ADG chose "CAN"

Paul

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 229
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/10/2014 8:21:58 PM   
celebrindal

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

quote:

Is this Canada ?
quote:

quote:

What is CDN ?

Yeah they both are. 'CDN' is much more commonly used in games and for currency. Not sure why ADG chose "CAN"

Correct, so back to my original question, are you able to change the names on the counters?

Thanks.

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 230
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/10/2014 8:42:17 PM   
paulderynck

For an avatar it should be easy with just about any image editing program. You just have to ensure it can save as a GIF with a transparent background, so you can get nice round corners.

For within the game, I'm not sure, but I think so.

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 1/10/2014 9:42:53 PM >

Paul

Post #: 231
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/10/2014 10:26:58 PM   
Houwitser

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Houwitser

The reason I asked for the NEI Batavia Militia Unit is because my Grandfather fought in the 1st KNIL Howitzer Battalion in Batavia, Buitenzorg and Soekeboemi before being captured and dying as POW on the Burma/Thai Railway.
Must say it's a pretty good avatar

Thank you for sharing this.

No worries Orm, anytime mate

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 232
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/13/2014 8:50:07 PM   
celebrindal

quote:

quote:

quote:

The reason I asked for the NEI Batavia Militia Unit is because my Grandfather fought in the 1st KNIL Howitzer Battalion in Batavia, Buitenzorg and Soekeboemi before being captured and dying as POW on the Burma/Thai Railway.
Must say it's a pretty good avatar

Thank you for sharing this.

No worries Orm, anytime mate

Gave it a try, looks a little grainy etc.. i'll try again at home with some proper photoedit tools ;-)

(in reply to Houwitser)
Post #: 233
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/25/2014 4:02:31 PM   
petracelli

Hi Patrice

Any chance you could do one for me please, could I have either the Ark Royal or the Tempest from 1943, which ever looks better.

Cheers

Phil

Post #: 234
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/25/2014 6:29:57 PM   
bighinvegas

Patrice

Could you be kind enough to one for me? The BB Nevada my adopted home or the BB New York, where I grew up.

Thank you.

Henry

(in reply to petracelli)
Post #: 235
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/25/2014 7:10:01 PM   
Froonp

Ark Royal
quote:

ORIGINAL: petracelli

Hi Patrice

Any chance you could do one for me please, could I have either the Ark Royal or the Tempest from 1943, which ever looks better.

Cheers

Phil

Attachment (1)

(in reply to petracelli)
Post #: 236
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/25/2014 7:10:40 PM   
Froonp

This is the one from 1943.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Froonp -- 1/25/2014 8:25:18 PM >

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 237
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/25/2014 7:27:37 PM   
Froonp

New York BB.
quote:

ORIGINAL: bighinvegas

Patrice

Could you be kind enough to one for me? The BB Nevada my adopted home or the BB New York, where I grew up.

Thank you.

Henry

Attachment (1)

(in reply to bighinvegas)
Post #: 238
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/25/2014 7:28:03 PM   
Froonp

Nevada BB.
quote:

Patrice

Thank you.

Henry

Attachment (1)

(in reply to bighinvegas)
Post #: 239
RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Ava... - 1/25/2014 7:39:11 PM   
Froonp

quote:

New York BB.
quote:

Patrice

Thank you.

Henry

There is also a New York Militia. A good elite one !!!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Froonp -- 1/25/2014 8:40:14 PM >

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Where are you getting the WiF Counters for your Avatars? Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI