Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI doesn't follow enemy ships anymore?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> AI doesn't follow enemy ships anymore? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI doesn't follow enemy ships anymore? - 11/14/2013 6:49:11 PM   
Testmann

Hi!

I'm currently trying to hunt down phantom pirates that are raiding my colonies, but theres a problem.

The thing is, I have monitoring stations everywhere, so I know exactly where these ships are and where they are moving to.

But when I order my fleet to attack a pirate ship thats in hyper speed, the fleet only flies to the exact location the ship was at that moment and doesn't follow it to the place it's flying to.

So I have to tell my fleet several times where to go, which makes me lose precious time.

You see the problem?
Because they aren't taking into account the travel vector of the enemy ship anymore, they become incapable of hunting down a moving object.

If I remember correctly, the AI was capable of doing this in the game, wasn't it?
Have I clicked on a wrong option maybe?

best regards!

< Message edited by Testmann -- 11/14/2013 7:53:57 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: AI doesn't follow enemy ships anymore? - 11/14/2013 9:41:31 PM   
elanaagain

Turn on the vectorsand look at where the ships (you want to attack) are going. Send your ships there to 'greet' them.

USA = Corporatist Serfdom of America: free range surf technology

(in reply to Testmann)
Post #: 2
RE: AI doesn't follow enemy ships anymore? - 11/15/2013 10:55:18 AM   
Testmann

good to hear, where can I activate this?

but am I not correct in thinking that at one point ships where following other ships, when they had an attack command?

(in reply to elanaagain)
Post #: 3
RE: AI doesn't follow enemy ships anymore? - 11/15/2013 1:15:45 PM   
Canute0

Basicly they never did that.
When the ship got a prox. sensor you got a chance that that ship can follow it through hyperspeed. But the chance is very low.
But what should your ship/fleet do when it meet the other ship/fleet at space ? You can't pull the other ship/fleet out of the hyperspeed.

You can order your fleets to intercept other incomming fleets, but i am not sure if the phantom pirates are show as fleet.

(in reply to Testmann)
Post #: 4
RE: AI doesn't follow enemy ships anymore? - 11/15/2013 4:40:09 PM   
Testmann

yes theres a chance of following them. But I have monitoring stations everywhere, so they never leave my sight. shouldn't that be enough to follow them?

Maybe I still need to check my proximity senso tech though.

But if theres an option to see travel vectors of enemy ships, that would be very helpfull aswell.

(in reply to Canute0)
Post #: 5
RE: AI doesn't follow enemy ships anymore? - 11/15/2013 8:59:41 PM   
Canute0

quote:

But if theres an option to see travel vectors of enemy ships, that would be very helpfull aswell.

Yes it would be, but there is no option. You need to check self where they can head to.

quote:

But I have monitoring stations everywhere, so they never leave my sight. shouldn't that be enough to follow them?

Logical it should be enough, but from the gameplay it doesn't matter in this case. That only works for incoming fleets, but not for outgoing ships/fleets.

(in reply to Testmann)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> AI doesn't follow enemy ships anymore? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI