Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: netplay issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> NetPlay Tech Support >> RE: netplay issue Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: netplay issue - 12/7/2013 6:42:12 PM   
Titan

paulderynck, So ive registered my copy with Sliterene, and still cant get in.User name is exactly the same in slitherene and matrix. Where do I find this net play forum to register my name so I can log in and play, as when I try through game launcher it verifies my serial number, then goes loging in as Titan then I get "Unable to access Seeking Opponent database."

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 121
RE: netplay issue - 12/7/2013 6:47:16 PM   
Centuur

What you can do (but carefully please) is to check the following file in the directory of World in Flames

NetPlayReg

The first line should be exactly the same as your forumname. If not, change it using Notepad and see if that will do the trick.

If not, than it is out of our league and a technical guy should look into things...

Peter

(in reply to Titan)
Post #: 122
RE: netplay issue - 12/7/2013 7:16:31 PM   
Titan

Hi, Yes it is...doesn't work but thank's anyway. I note the letters under that is that the password? I play commander at war WW1 game and it logs on fine but that has a different password than this? could that be it? As it logs in through slitherene

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 123
RE: netplay issue - 12/7/2013 7:21:10 PM   
Centuur

Try changing it into that password. Maybe you are on to something here...

Peter

(in reply to Titan)
Post #: 124
RE: netplay issue - 12/7/2013 7:45:53 PM   
paulderynck

I think so too. Previously played means must use same username and password as before. If it was a long time ago and you don't remember what they are, you'll need to contact their support desk.

Paul

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 125
RE: netplay issue - 12/7/2013 8:28:23 PM   
Titan

Well well that worked, Changed the password for Slitherne for Forums one instead of the one on the netplayreg txt doc and bing...logged in. Cheers Fellas

Post #: 126
RE: netplay issue - 12/7/2013 10:01:02 PM   
Breogan

A friend of mine and me are trying to play Barbarossa with Netplay since some weeks ago. At present we are playing with patch 1.05, but we still continue suffering some bugs:

- The port attack a Leningrad is not possible. After the german player selects the first damage is the turn of russian player, but he has not the option to select a ship to assign damage

- We are using 2d10 TABLE and we have a lot of mistakes, specially with results with additional losses because of attacking cities, forest, etc. Sometimes german has losses, but they are not removed from the map. And sometimes units that are disrupted after an attack are not marked as disrupted.

- The german send ground support, the russian send ground support, the german intercepts with a fighter, but there is no air combat and the russian plane adds its value to defenders.

- We receive a lot of message errors. For example "Access violation at address 005361AE in module MWIF.exe. Read of address 000001EA". And "Socket error # 10054. Connection reset by peer". Any advise about this?

(in reply to Titan)
Post #: 127
RE: netplay issue - 12/10/2013 4:07:04 PM   
kjgokc2007

Me and my brother just bought this game in hopes to play on the Internet.

However using V1.0.5 we keep getting the "• error message when the program is unable to access the Seeking Opponent database."

We can see other opponets logged into the FORM for game play but we can't see each other...

I can recieve and send messages but I'm am just what appears to be and IP address (a number no name)

When can we get access to play online?

Please help

< Message edited by kjgokc -- 12/10/2013 5:08:11 PM >

(in reply to Breogan)
Post #: 128
RE: netplay issue - 12/10/2013 5:34:44 PM   
Titan

I had same issue, fixed it by editing the file netplayreg which is text doc in the world of flames folder. You will see you log in name(leave that) then you will see some numbers or letters underneath that change to match your password on Slitherene forums. If you aren't on Slitherne then register and use that password. Remember save the orginal Netplay file elsewhere before you start editing it.

(in reply to kjgokc2007)
Post #: 129
RE: netplay issue - 12/11/2013 12:37:36 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Breogan

A friend of mine and me are trying to play Barbarossa with Netplay since some weeks ago. At present we are playing with patch 1.05, but we still continue suffering some bugs:

- The port attack a Leningrad is not possible. After the german player selects the first damage is the turn of russian player, but he has not the option to select a ship to assign damage

- We are using 2d10 TABLE and we have a lot of mistakes, specially with results with additional losses because of attacking cities, forest, etc. Sometimes german has losses, but they are not removed from the map. And sometimes units that are disrupted after an attack are not marked as disrupted.

- The german send ground support, the russian send ground support, the german intercepts with a fighter, but there is no air combat and the russian plane adds its value to defenders.

- We receive a lot of message errors. For example "Access violation at address 005361AE in module MWIF.exe. Read of address 000001EA". And "Socket error # 10054. Connection reset by peer". Any advise about this?

I'm working my way through these. Version 1.0.6.0 should be available Wednesday (or Thursday) and fix the land combat bugs.

I've also added a number of 'checks' so more reasonable error messages are provided than "Socket error". Those might be that the connection was dropped because nothing has happened for ~10 minutes. If you send a Chat message every 5 minutes or so during a 'lull', that will maintain the connection.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Breogan)
Post #: 130
RE: netplay issue - 12/11/2013 4:22:59 AM   
Zorachus99

WIF is a game that can eat hours of your day, if not entire days.

With such long gaming sessions, inevitably a dog barks, someone comes home, or other thing can happen, where you walk away from the game for longer than 5 minutes.

I've certainly sat there and talked for longer than 5 minutes before moving units in the past.

I think that the connections should stay active barring one or the other player disconnecting.

Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 131
RE: netplay issue - 12/11/2013 4:58:12 AM   
abulbulian

Found what appears to be another NetPlay issue trying to end the Axis Remove Air phase. Sort of a show stopper as I have found no workarounds yet.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3493377&mpage=1&key=�

- Beta Tester WitE and ATG
- Alpha/Beta Tester WitW and WitE2

"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu

(in reply to Zorachus99)
Post #: 132
RE: netplay issue - 12/11/2013 6:30:41 AM   
Numdydar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorachus99

WIF is a game that can eat hours of your day, if not entire days.

With such long gaming sessions, inevitably a dog barks, someone comes home, or other thing can happen, where you walk away from the game for longer than 5 minutes.

I've certainly sat there and talked for longer than 5 minutes before moving units in the past.

I think that the connections should stay active barring one or the other player disconnecting.

Unfortunately each connection, active or not, takes up server resources. So many companies drop connections that are not active for x amount of time. To avoid this issue most games that require real time connections allow for people to connect directly versus going through a third party server. Then you can leave the connection forever if you want

But for WiF someone, not Steve I assume, has told him what the connection time should be and at this time it is 10 minutes. Now if that can change to a hour or four, I have no idea. As long as the game requires a connection to a third party server, there will be a cutoff point of some time for an inactive connection. It really comes down to a matter of cost for Matrix/Silterine.

(in reply to Zorachus99)
Post #: 133
RE: netplay issue - 12/11/2013 7:56:08 AM   
Joseignacio

Couldn't it have a check that you're online like Google Hangouts video connection? Every X time (half an hour?) it asks you to click on it if you are online (in truth and not in the kitchen making a sandwich...).

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 134
RE: netplay issue - 12/11/2013 3:21:22 PM   
Numdydar

That would be a great thing to implement if the timeout cannot be changed.

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 135
RE: netplay issue - 12/15/2013 8:59:19 PM   
gw15

Barbarossa Netplay - consistant error on transport reorg with AXIS trying to intercept. Air to Air screen comes up for 1 second and then madexcept error.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 136
RE: netplay issue - 12/15/2013 9:07:53 PM   
gw15

Barbarossa netplay - reloaded game (from previous error above), Axis did not intercept. game continued...then game froze on US entry phase. both Axis and Soviet players had "waiting" and could not go any further. Why is US entry even in this game???

(in reply to gw15)
Post #: 137
RE: netplay issue - 12/23/2013 1:31:23 PM   
pilauer@bluewin.ch

Hi

The Netplay still doesn't work with me. I got following messages as others here :

UNABLE TO ACCESS OPPONENT DATABASE

I'v got the 1.07 version of the game.

What's wrong and is this gonna be solved soon ?

Tx

(in reply to Marvin Pontiac)
Post #: 138
RE: netplay issue - 12/23/2013 3:57:21 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Red_Flag

Hi

The Netplay still doesn't work with me. I got following messages as others here :

UNABLE TO ACCESS OPPONENT DATABASE

I'v got the 1.07 version of the game.

What's wrong and is this gonna be solved soon ?

Tx

Your user name and password for NetPlay doesn't match your user name and password for your Slitherine/Matrix Games account.

The latter may have been set up for a different game, or you might have created it when you registered World in Flames.

Either way, you can make them match by editing the first two lines of NetPlayReg.txt so they have the same user name and password as your Slitherine/Matrix Games account. World in Flames uses that file to automatically log you in without you needing to type that information in each time you enter the forum.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to pilauer@bluewin.ch)
Post #: 139
RE: netplay issue - 12/26/2013 5:13:07 PM   
Maple Leaf

Still having a problem with the login to net play. I changed the two lines in the net play reg txt file as suggested and I still get "Unable to access seeking opponents database" any further suggestions? Very frustrating.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 140
RE: netplay issue - 12/26/2013 5:59:58 PM   
Sabre21

quote:

ORIGINAL: Maple Leaf

Still having a problem with the login to net play. I changed the two lines in the net play reg txt file as suggested and I still get "Unable to access seeking opponents database" any further suggestions? Very frustrating.

I had to experiment some with my password and log in name. As it turned out my password had a capital letter in it and the reg text file wouldn't accept that. So I used all non-capital letters and it worked.

(in reply to Maple Leaf)
Post #: 141
RE: netplay issue - 12/26/2013 6:49:21 PM   
Maple Leaf

Thanks for the prompt response. However there are no capital letters in my password. I even had Matrix re-send my user name and password to me to make sure I had it right. I changed my user name to all lower case. Still getting same error message.
This is Not very player friendly.
Any other suggestions?

(in reply to Sabre21)
Post #: 142
RE: netplay issue - 12/26/2013 9:42:51 PM   
paulderynck

Is it possible that you have capital letters in your username within your NetPlayReg.txt file? (Or the other way around if you changed it in that file.) They must match exactly.

This was a problem for others.

Paul

(in reply to Maple Leaf)
Post #: 143
RE: netplay issue - 12/29/2013 3:33:21 PM   
KritterVA

I am also unable to connect to Netplay. I have updated the NetPlayReg.txt to my Matrix account. There are no caps in the password.
This is the error I receive in a popup message:
"Unable to access Seeking Opponent database."

Chris

Post #: 144
RE: netplay issue - 1/8/2014 10:49:02 AM   
Empire101

Having the same issue, cannot find any players or games in the lobby.

'Unable to access seeking player database' comes up every time

< Message edited by Empire101 -- 1/8/2014 11:51:59 AM >

Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to Marvin Pontiac)
Post #: 145
RE: netplay issue - 1/8/2014 12:03:49 PM   
Empire101

quote:

ORIGINAL: WIFinToulouse

hourra !!!!

i'm in haha

so to solve the issue (thanks to the community) I registered an account at Slitherine web site. As I could not use the same name as I used to register for NetPlay I had to change my NetPlay name by opening the netPlayReg.txt file (in the default WIF folder).
Once I had the same user name on the NetPlay and on the Slitherine web site I could log in NetPlay without the error message.

An alert should be posted because I know many others have this problem.

thanks folks....
ready for Barbarossa if anyone is interested .... (very happy man here)

This sorted me out too!!! Huzzah !!!!!

Thanks WIFinToulouse.

You must use your Sliterine Username and password...and all is sorted.

Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to Patrick31)
Post #: 146
RE: netplay issue - 1/9/2014 8:40:20 PM   
KritterVA

The fixed my problem also. Thanks.

Chris

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 147
RE: netplay issue - 1/12/2014 9:09:36 AM   
AxelNL

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

Actually I checked all mine and they are all different. (I have two different ones for Netplay as I have two PCs for beta testing.)

So nothing to do with the discussion forum username/password.

It has to do with when you first access the NetPlay forum and create a username/password there. (I'll register my real copy of the game - versus the beta copies - later on and make an exact record for this so I can post detailed instructions. It's been long enough now for my beta versions that I just don't recall.) Once you've done that, then you should be able to log-in to the NetPlay forum and that should get rid of the problem for those who see: "unable to connect to seeking opponent database". The catch here is that folks who have played other (different Matrix) games using the Slitherine servers - already have usernames and passwords and must use the ones they already have.

Next, when starting a new game, you need to ensure that both playernames are absolutely identical to the NetPlay forum usernames. If you can both log-in to the NetPlay forum but your game does not launch automatically (assuming both of you have done the Restore of the matching game files) - then you need to check the player names in the game files (you can do this with Notepad - the names are near the top - however I'd advise against trying to edit game files - and compare them with the names in the NetPlayReg.txt file. If they are not absolutely identical - including what is capitalized - then edit the user name in the NetPlayReg.txt file to match the one in the game file.

Note you can't just make up player names when creating a new game - they must match your Netplay login username. The above editing procedure was found to fix an issue where some letters were captialized in one place but not the other.

I am trying to help a friend to get through this.

When installing the game he entered his first name. When going to the private netplay forum, he used that as well. Result: "Unable to.."
Digging into this thread I instructed him to register with Matrix. It turned out his first name is already in use.
He registered under a new name, and I instructed him to change the user name/password in the NetPlayReg.txt and his username in the serialreg.txt
The result is still "unable to..."
We are now at a point we are lost. Don't know how to proceed.

Lesson is that a customer first needs to register at the Matrix site, before installing the game and entering the Private Netplay forum. this prevents having to change earlier chosen usernames.

Any idea's anybody?

Post #: 148
RE: netplay issue - 1/12/2014 12:26:07 PM   
Centuur

Is the password exactly the same in all places?

Peter

(in reply to AxelNL)
Post #: 149
RE: netplay issue - 1/12/2014 1:20:17 PM   
AxelNL

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

Is the password exactly the same in all places?

I could not check for myself, but he explicitly choose an all-lowercase password so not to make mistakes.

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> NetPlay Tech Support >> RE: netplay issue Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI