Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: netplay issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> NetPlay Tech Support >> RE: netplay issue Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: netplay issue - 1/12/2014 6:44:36 PM   
paulderynck

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxelNL

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

Is the password exactly the same in all places?

I could not check for myself, but he explicitly choose an all-lowercase password so not to make mistakes.

The username must match all letters as the same case too. I know that is irregular on almost any other site, but for the NetPlay server combined with your NetPlayReg.txt file, it is mandatory.

And when you start a new game, both the player names you manually enter must also exactly match what's in the server and respective NetPlayReg.txt files.

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 1/12/2014 7:45:21 PM >

Paul

(in reply to AxelNL)
Post #: 151
RE: netplay issue - 1/12/2014 7:29:05 PM   
Sabre21

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxelNL

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

Is the password exactly the same in all places?

I could not check for myself, but he explicitly choose an all-lowercase password so not to make mistakes.

The username must match all letters as the same case too. I know that is irregular on almost any other site, but for the NetPlay server combined with your NetPlayReg.txt file, it is mandatory.

And when you start a new game, both the player names you manually enter must also exactly match what's in the server and respective NetPlayReg.txt files.

Evidently that isn't always the case. I had to use no caps at all despite my log in name having caps in them.

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 152
RE: netplay issue - 1/12/2014 9:32:03 PM   
paulderynck

Sorry, I didn't explain that well at all.

I mean the names manually provided when starting a new game must match exactly letter for letter and in upper or lower case with the usernames in each player's NetPlayReg.txt file. If you don't do that then you won't ever get the games to load on both machines when you meet on the NetPlay server. Of course at that point you already are past the "unable to access" error.

The problem of not being able to access the opponent database occurs when your username/password combination in NetPlayReg.txt does not match your username/password combination recorded on the Server. (And in this part of the process I agree that matching the case in the username doesn't matter.) This can be due to making an error when entering them on the server or it can be due to having a previously existing Slitherine username/password that you used to play a different game and have since forgotten about.

Paul

(in reply to Sabre21)
Post #: 153
RE: netplay issue - 1/12/2014 9:54:37 PM   
Sabre21

quote:

Sorry, I didn't explain that well at all.

I mean the names manually provided when starting a new game must match exactly letter for letter and in upper or lower case with the usernames in each player's NetPlayReg.txt file. If you don't do that then you won't ever get the games to load on both machines when you meet on the NetPlay server. Of course at that point you already are past the "unable to access" error.

The problem of not being able to access the opponent database occurs when your username/password combination in NetPlayReg.txt does not match your username/password combination recorded on the Server. (And in this part of the process I agree that matching the case in the username doesn't matter.) This can be due to making an error when entering them on the server or it can be due to having a previously existing Slitherine username/password that you used to play a different game and have since forgotten about.

Oh Ok..I agree with you completely there. One fat finger on a wrong key when typing the names in for a game for Netplay will stop that game before it can even get started.

Post #: 154
RE: netplay issue - 1/30/2014 11:45:58 AM   
rogerdubbs

I was finally able to get this to work. The trick was making sure that I was registered at Slitherine and that I used the same username. I note that until I logged in, I could also see the Index Out of Range = 0 dialog. You can get this when you click on the Player that shows up by default when you are not properly logged in to the server.

Roger

(in reply to Marvin Pontiac)
Post #: 155
RE: netplay issue - 1/30/2014 5:49:32 PM   
paulderynck

Welcome to MWiF, Roger.

Edit: BTW same username as what?

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 1/30/2014 7:06:18 PM >

Paul

(in reply to rogerdubbs)
Post #: 156
RE: netplay issue - 2/17/2014 10:00:55 AM   
Joseignacio

So, guys, is netplay working acceptably by now? Provided that I can log in correctly et al, of course...

Post #: 157
RE: netplay issue - 3/2/2014 12:11:29 AM   
ParJ

First time attempting this, and I have a friend that seem to have similar issues. I've read throuch all the posts in this thread and I made sure to register a Slitherine account and have that exact same information in the NetPlayReg.txt file. I seem to be recognized by the server, but still get the "Unable to access opponent database" message. I once saw another person logged in (probably using the same non-existent database) but no luck finding any other information, posts or opponents. But I'll try this again tomorrow with my friend to see if we can see each other.

I get an early nineties feel about this procedure, maybe I'll have more success using a Windows 3.x PC?

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 158
RE: netplay issue - 3/2/2014 2:48:29 AM   
Sabre21

quote:

ORIGINAL: oto02

First time attempting this, and I have a friend that seem to have similar issues. I've read throuch all the posts in this thread and I made sure to register a Slitherine account and have that exact same information in the NetPlayReg.txt file. I seem to be recognized by the server, but still get the "Unable to access opponent database" message. I once saw another person logged in (probably using the same non-existent database) but no luck finding any other information, posts or opponents. But I'll try this again tomorrow with my friend to see if we can see each other.

I get an early nineties feel about this procedure, maybe I'll have more success using a Windows 3.x PC?

Bloodybill and I tried today and neither one of us could log in. We both were able to do so a couple weeks ago, no idea why not today.

(in reply to ParJ)
Post #: 159
RE: netplay issue - 3/2/2014 3:04:09 AM   
rogerdubbs

quote:

Welcome to MWiF, Roger.

Edit: BTW same username as what?

Thanks!

I made sure I used the same username (rogerdubbs) for Matrix account, this forum and at Slitherine.

On the other hand, the private forum seems to be down again - and it's been really spotty of late. It seems to be down more than up.

Post #: 160
RE: netplay issue - 3/2/2014 8:16:26 AM   
paulderynck

quote:

ORIGINAL: oto02

It sounds like the NetPlay server may be having some hiccups lately. Another thing to be sure to do is that when you start a game, you must enter the player names for the new game to exactly match the two usernames used for the NetPlay server.

Paul

(in reply to ParJ)
Post #: 161
RE: netplay issue - 3/3/2014 2:05:36 AM   
rogerdubbs

I guess my question is how best to notify someone when the server is down? I have seen the problems of not being able to fill in the list of game requests about half the time I try to log in. This feels too frequent.

While some downtime for maintenance is to be expected, it should be scheduled, announced and infrequent. We also should get better messages about it than we do today.

Perhaps this is more bugginess vs. maintenance, but this will need attention if we are to be able to play netplay games. If I have a time scheduled to play and can't log in, I can't start the game, which is frustrating.

Post #: 162
RE: netplay issue - 3/10/2014 3:41:02 PM   
majordefeat

I am new purchaser of WiF the computer game.
I have installed and updated to latest version.

I had some initial issues with the WIF Private NetPlay Forum. It reported Unable to connect to database.
I resolved those by making sure login name and password in NetPlayReg file in WiF home directory matched those of my Slitherine login (I had to do a manual reset of my Slitherine password via the website, and then update my password in the My Account section of the website).

In general terms it seems a bit confusing that you have to sign-up and/or register the Wif product in a number of locations (or may not have to but are invited to).

These seem to include: on the Matrix Games site. On the Slitherine site. To the Matrix Forums.

As far as I can see apart from activating the Wif product as part of installation, you do not need to go to Matrix Games site or this forum and also create account & register WiF product (Matrix Games) or create account (Matrix Forums).

But you do need to create account / register Wif product with Slitherine in order to use the Netplay function.

As far as I can see, your Slitherine name doesn't have to match your matrix games name, but your Slitherine username and password must match those in your NetPlayReg file.

I am finding it all a bit confusing but will persist and see how things panzer out.

John B

(in reply to rogerdubbs)
Post #: 163
RE: netplay issue - 3/10/2014 8:39:19 PM   
Titan

Yes, I had the same thing...Did all that and managed to start a multiplayer game of Barbarossa... However after a number of ties I cant get past the setup phase without it crashing..IE screen starts flickering and nothing works or something like that. As german we got as far a Russian and myself setting up and crashed during my first turn. That is far as I can go. I would hate to try a big game at the moment but before we try multiplayer again I think it needs alittle twicking before its stable

(in reply to majordefeat)
Post #: 164
RE: netplay issue - 3/10/2014 10:40:35 PM   
paulderynck

quote:

ORIGINAL: majordefeat

I am new purchaser of WiF the computer game.
I have installed and updated to latest version.

I had some initial issues with the WIF Private NetPlay Forum. It reported Unable to connect to database.
I resolved those by making sure login name and password in NetPlayReg file in WiF home directory matched those of my Slitherine login (I had to do a manual reset of my Slitherine password via the website, and then update my password in the My Account section of the website).

In general terms it seems a bit confusing that you have to sign-up and/or register the Wif product in a number of locations (or may not have to but are invited to).

These seem to include: on the Matrix Games site. On the Slitherine site. To the Matrix Forums.

As far as I can see apart from activating the Wif product as part of installation, you do not need to go to Matrix Games site or this forum and also create account & register WiF product (Matrix Games) or create account (Matrix Forums).

But you do need to create account / register Wif product with Slitherine in order to use the Netplay function.

As far as I can see, your Slitherine name doesn't have to match your matrix games name, but your Slitherine username and password must match those in your NetPlayReg file.

I am finding it all a bit confusing but will persist and see how things panzer out.

John B

I agree with all you wrote and if I gave a different impression in my responses here then I apologize, although I don't think I ever said the forums name/password had anything to do with the Netplay name/password. Others may have thought and wrote that.

Yes it is confusing but your post indicates you survived the ordeal.

Paul

(in reply to majordefeat)
Post #: 165
RE: netplay issue - 7/8/2014 2:18:27 PM   
cesaradn

PLEASE HELP ME.
I cannot get netplay. this alert appears all the time:
Error = 8. User name invalid: < 4 or 21+ symbols; illegal symbol (e.g., blank). Unable to access Seeking Opponent database.

(in reply to Marvin Pontiac)
Post #: 166
RE: netplay issue - 7/8/2014 6:08:03 PM   
paulderynck

Go to the folder where you installed the game (Probably: "C:\Matrix Games\World in Flames".) Find the file: "NetPlayReg.txt". Your username and password from when you registered should be in that text file, on the first and second lines.

Paul

(in reply to cesaradn)
Post #: 167
RE: netplay issue - 12/27/2016 8:42:45 PM   
locusmaximus

quote:

Go to the folder where you installed the game (Probably: "C:\Matrix Games\World in Flames".) Find the file: "NetPlayReg.txt". Your username and password from when you registered should be in that text file, on the first and second lines.

You saved my day. Thank you, Sir!

Post #: 168
RE: netplay issue - 1/8/2017 11:46:20 PM   
pmayoralherrera

quote:

ORIGINAL: locusmaximus

quote:

You saved my day. Thank you, Sir!

I got the same problem, but what I have to do at the file: "NetPlayReg.txt"?
the username and password are there. I have to change it or do something?

Many thanks in advance

(in reply to locusmaximus)
Post #: 169
RE: netplay issue - 1/9/2017 7:14:49 AM   
paulderynck

Ensure all upper and lower case characters match what you used when you first registered on the forum. If they look right, then contact Matrix customer support and ask them if what you have in the file matches what's in the forum server.

Paul

(in reply to pmayoralherrera)
Post #: 170
RE: netplay issue - 6/17/2018 8:21:52 PM   
sjgreubel

I recently set up my netplay account (or thought I did), but when I am at the opening screen and click the "Private WIF NetPlay Forum" button then the "Log in to Forum" button I get an error message and a green box that says "Logging in: sjgreubel" and that confounded circle that just keeps circling. Error message was generated and emailed. Any help would be appreciated, or perhaps redirection to the person/entity who might walk me through a fix of the issue? Many thanks.

sjgreubel

sjgreubel

Post #: 171
RE: netplay issue - 6/17/2018 9:52:11 PM   
paulderynck

Did you look at posts 167 and 170 above yours?

Paul

(in reply to sjgreubel)
Post #: 172
RE: netplay issue - 7/12/2019 10:22:17 AM   
gmtello

when air combat takes place netplay crashes very frecuently

Post #: 173
RE: netplay issue - 1/20/2021 4:41:40 PM   
grisouille_slith

Dear all

After a long period of inactivity, I've again installed MWIF in my new computer with version v04.02.00.00.

When I try to log in I have an error message : "Error 6 User not logged in. Unable to access Seeking Opponent database"
Thank you for your help

(in reply to AxelNL)
Post #: 174
RE: netplay issue - 1/21/2021 3:20:51 AM   
paulderynck

Check what's in your NetPlayReg.txt file and your NetplayRegistration.txt file in the Matrix Games\World in Flames folder.

The first should have four lines: username, password, email, and location. The second should have one line: your game serial number.

Paul

(in reply to grisouille_slith)
Post #: 175
RE: netplay issue - 4/30/2021 1:19:48 PM   
Beryl

First time trying Netplay and I have the same error "Error 6 User not logged in. Unable to access Seeking Opponent database"
I checked NetPlayReg.txt and NetplayRegistration.txt files, their are ok and with same login/password/mail/serial number in Matrix and Slitherine sites.
I have also installed a mail client and checked that it is registered in the system.

"Nicht kleckern, klotzen!" - Guderian

Post #: 176
RE: netplay issue - 5/1/2021 5:29:00 PM   
paulderynck

Check that upper and lower case characters in name and password match exactly.

Paul

(in reply to Beryl)
Post #: 177
RE: netplay issue - 5/3/2021 7:06:15 PM   
Beryl

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked upper and lower case and they match exactly

"Nicht kleckern, klotzen!" - Guderian

Post #: 178
RE: netplay issue - 5/4/2021 4:19:24 PM   
paulderynck

Now that I think about it, I had a similar problem when I ended up with MWiF installed in two different places on my drives. The Netplay files I checked were not the ones the forum was interacting with when I tried to log in. Those were default to a new install.

Paul

(in reply to Beryl)
Post #: 179
RE: netplay issue - 5/9/2021 5:00:54 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

Now that I think about it, I had a similar problem when I ended up with MWiF installed in two different places on my drives. The Netplay files I checked were not the ones the forum was interacting with when I tried to log in. Those were default to a new install.

The NetPlay files should be in the same folder/sub-directory as the world in flames executable: MWIF.exe.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> NetPlay Tech Support >> RE: netplay issue Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI