Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Convoys Clarification

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> RE: Convoys Clarification Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Convoys Clarification - 11/19/2013 12:38:32 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dr. Foo

When setting up convoys, if there are resources to ship, will the game automatically place them into the pipeline or do I need manually do that in Production Planning?

The program will make a first pass. You may want to check its decisions. On the other hand, if you are not playing with oil or saving oil, the only check you need is whether your production maxed out: total producing = minimum of total factories and total resources.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Dr. Foo)
Post #: 31
RE: Convoys Clarification - 11/19/2013 1:08:32 AM   
Dr. Foo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

The program will make a first pass. You may want to check its decisions. On the other hand, if you are not playing with oil or saving oil, the only check you need is whether your production maxed out: total producing = minimum of total factories and total resources.

OK, thank you...things are getting much clearer.

I am not using oil or oil saving, yet. Therefore, if I am not using the oil option and I have convoys for the US in the Caribbean will the oil from Venezuela remain idle and never transport, even if I try to manually send it to the US? Essentially, am just wasting convoys in ares that do not have non-oil resources?

*Warning: Dr. Foo is not an actual doctor.
Do not accept or follow any medical advice*

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 32
RE: Convoys Clarification - 11/19/2013 5:37:11 PM   
Centuur

The production planning automatically calculates production and transport of resources (also overseas ones you receive from trade). They are not wasted, but used for production (if you've got the factories to use them in and the convoys to get them to the factories).

< Message edited by Centuur -- 11/19/2013 6:39:19 PM >

Peter

(in reply to Dr. Foo)
Post #: 33
Bad Convoy Set Up - 11/23/2013 2:50:27 PM   
Omnius

Warspite1,
Sorry but you messed up your convoy setup for the Brits. You made a big mistake putting all of your British convoys in the Bay of Biscay to start. I made the same mistake my first set up of 1939, thankfully I did set up one convoy in the Faroes Gap. In your set up is Scapa Flow supplied? I doubt it since there's no convoy point in the Faroes Gap. Plus no convoy route from Australia so if using the Food in Flames optional rule you get no bonus build point.

Now you'll have to move all 15 of those convoys at some point and disrupt your total convoy system when France falls. At a minimum you need to put 8 convoys in the Faroes Gap to further the pipeline from the Americas. Yeah you don't have to protect the Faroes Gap but you'll be forced to make the big move of all 15 convoy points at some point, hope you have extras like I do in Britain to begin to move convoy routing from the Bay of Biscay to the Faroes Gap.

Omnius

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> RE: Convoys Clarification Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI