Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Moving stacks

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> RE: Moving stacks Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Moving stacks - 11/26/2013 11:09:29 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Manstein63

quote:

I felt that you meant naval too but I posted both just in case.

Manstein let me know how you made out with that post answer, do you know I had to look up that word "suscinct" I was almost afraid to see the meaning of it with some of the goings on lately , thank you, appreciate the compliment.

Bo

Yes I am now able to pick up a stack of naval units but as I said in my last post for some reason I can't seem to get them placed into a sea box. I would post a picture but I am unsure how to with Windows 7 I will try another countries Naval units & see if that makes a difference. Just had a thought. Italy is at peace can their capital ships move? also just in case someone suggests it I am not playing with the oil rule.
Manstein63

Italy can only use combine or pass while she is neutral, with combine she can only move one ship, not a one group of ships, just one ship.

I am very puzzeled by the first part of your question. Okay you pick up the ships from whatever port you are in [naval move I hope] and you go to a sea box, and what happens then? Are you within range according to the movement and sea area movement factors?

Bo
warspite1

I've answered the question bo

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 31
RE: Moving stacks - 11/26/2013 11:14:48 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

He got the "invalid placement" symbol because he had more than one ship in hand.

Ok Paul I was hoping he was doing Guadalcanal fast start. My bad

Bo

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 32
RE: Moving stacks - 11/26/2013 11:16:49 PM   
bo

Sorry warspite I thought he was doing Guadalcanal, good job. I see now it is about the Italian fleet.

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 11/27/2013 12:22:06 AM >

(in reply to Manstein63)
Post #: 33
RE: Moving stacks - 11/26/2013 11:25:17 PM   
Manstein63

quote:

Sorry warspite I thought he was doing Guadalcanal, good job.

Bo

No Just running the Global War Scenario, more to see how everything works rather then actually playing. & because it was so long ago that I played the board game version I forgot that you were limited in the amount of ships that can be moved if your country is not at war. Thanks once again to everyone that responded
Manstein63

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 34
RE: Moving stacks - 11/26/2013 11:58:50 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Manstein63

quote:

Sorry warspite I thought he was doing Guadalcanal, good job.

Bo

No Just running the Global War Scenario, more to see how everything works rather then actually playing. & because it was so long ago that I played the board game version I forgot that you were limited in the amount of ships that can be moved if your country is not at war. Thanks once again to everyone that responded
Manstein63

That is the right way to do it see how everything works, it will come back to you shortly and I will be asking you questions. Never played the board game new nothing about the workings of the game until last year. One comment for your consideration if your trying things out for a little while, I would hit Guadalcanal hard, land moves even though a shade more complicated then in other computer war games are still kinda standard to my way of thinking.

It is the naval moves that intrigue me the most that is why I concentrated on Guadalcanal in the beta testing, all of this will come back to you but I believe that even harden veterans of WIF still have to learn to translate from what they knew in the board game to how it applies to the computer version.

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 11/27/2013 1:00:07 AM >

(in reply to Manstein63)
Post #: 35
RE: Moving stacks - 11/27/2013 12:36:46 PM   
Manstein63

[

quote:

It is the naval moves that intrigue me the most that is why I concentrated on Guadalcanal in the beta testing, all of this will come back to you but I believe that even harden veterans of WIF still have to learn to translate from what they knew in the board game to how it applies to the computer version.

Bo

I am more interested in land war than naval warfare but I do love this system as it makes naval warfare easier, I am going to be running the G W scenario up until the beginning of the Russian Campaign. & then I will do as you suggested & give Guadalcanal a go. I will be using the pilots & carrier based aircraft rules as well as oil rules just to see how they work.
Manstein63

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> RE: Moving stacks Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI