Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Things we would like seen added to the game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> QVADRIGA >> RE: Things we would like seen added to the game Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Things we would like seen added to the game - 3/8/2014 12:21:48 PM   
tgb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Turnopia

like this? what do you think?
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3565982&mpage=1&key=�

Exactly what I am talking about. Perhaps you can add in a confirmation box when campaigns are being deleted at the same time.

(in reply to Niessuh)
Post #: 31
RE: Things we would like seen added to the game - 3/8/2014 12:58:36 PM   
Ron

I will second a request for a driver history of race/track results, skills learned etc. This will add to the immersion for me.

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 32
RE: Things we would like seen added to the game - 3/8/2014 2:41:02 PM   
SteveD64

Instead of a set amount for finishing a race, have all the finishers (those that fall below third place) split a pot. The less finishers the bigger the pot. It might encourage you to play out the race and take out other drivers while you're doing it.

< Message edited by CLEVELAND -- 3/8/2014 3:41:55 PM >

(in reply to Ron)
Post #: 33
RE: Things we would like seen added to the game - 3/8/2014 2:53:23 PM   
wodin

Yeah..some sort of memorial tablet showing races won, when and where he died.

I think each arena should record every race result in a kind of arena race history screen.

More to be made of regional race heroes and even be able to become a national race hero.

RPG elements..like hero racer spent all night drinking wine with naked women thus not able to ride etc etc.

It's a shame charioteers don't have actual stats like race intelligence, bravery, moral, strength. That way these could be manipulated through RPG like elements and make the player feel more attached to his charioteers.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Punk Reaper

I would like a history page so you can see a record of all your charioteers dead and alive. Helps with the grieving process....

< Message edited by wodin -- 3/8/2014 3:55:49 PM >

(in reply to PunkReaper)
Post #: 34
RE: Things we would like seen added to the game - 3/8/2014 4:04:36 PM   
SteveD64

Do all the four lane circuits only have 4 participants? Maybe add a driver or two to these tracks.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 35
RE: Things we would like seen added to the game - 3/8/2014 8:27:25 PM   
SteveD64

Ok, I see some 4 lane circuits have more than 4 chariots.

How about a list of the tracks you've raced at? Sometimes I get confused whether I've been to a track or not.

Really enjoying this. Well done!

< Message edited by CLEVELAND -- 3/8/2014 9:28:09 PM >

(in reply to SteveD64)
Post #: 36
RE: Things we would like seen added to the game - 3/8/2014 8:29:37 PM   
FroBodine

Another thing that I think would be very cool to add as a tooltip during the race, is the number of wins an Auriga has. There is no way I can remember names and wins from the city screen. I want to know who the top guys are in the race, and try to take them out!

You could add number of wins to the new tooltip that shows upgrades, that you are considering .

< Message edited by jglazier -- 3/8/2014 9:31:07 PM >

(in reply to BYU 14)
Post #: 37
RE: Things we would like seen added to the game - 3/8/2014 9:18:46 PM   
SteveD64

In order to encourage you finish a race, how about assigning money based on simple finishing order? So fourth place pays more than fifth place etc.? I just nosed out somebody for fourth place which was very enjoyable. I was never in the race to begin with but decided to play it out and I must say it was quite a battle at the back of the pack! The game encourages you to auto finish those races when first through third place cannot be obtained.

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 38
RE: Things we would like seen added to the game - 3/8/2014 11:29:41 PM   
FroBodine

quote:

ORIGINAL: BYU 14

quote:

ORIGINAL:
Also, this plays into the camera control. I REALLY wish it did not snap back to my chariot. It should stay where I place it. My chariot must be on screen in order for me to do my action, anyway. Why not a free moving camera?

You may know, but in addition to holding the left mouse button to scroll, you can also use the mouse wheel to zoom out and get the whole track into view.

The whole track? When I zoom all the way out, it does not even show half of the track. I am using my mouse wheel to zoom in and out. Is there another way to zoom out to see the entire track?

(in reply to BYU 14)
Post #: 39
RE: Things we would like seen added to the game - 3/9/2014 12:01:26 AM   
FroBodine

Another thing that would be helpful is a way to see what the special rule for any given race is during the race. I often click past the race start screen quickly, and don't read the special rule, or I forget it. It should show in text at the top of the race, or have a button somewhere that displays it.

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 40
RE: Things we would like seen added to the game - 3/9/2014 3:25:19 AM   
LaStarza61

The main thing I'd like to see added is detailed records of wins and losses for my drivers as well as for the whole game world. The more stats the better. As it stands right now, I'll be recording all these myself manually... at least for my own drivers... but it sure would be great if the game did it for me.

I'd also like to see the track screen stay open upon the finish of a race, so that we can see the order of finish and look at all the debris left on the track and all that.

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 41
RE: Things we would like seen added to the game - 3/9/2014 11:43:18 AM   
wodin

To combat the sell everything and concentrate on one charioteer how about having some team arena races, this way it means you have to keep three chariots going otherwise you loos eout. Maybe have two and three chariots per team events. Also I'd have certain prestige races that come up say three time a year and the winner gets a rare kind of upgrade..nothing game breaking so it means you win all the time but fancy enough to want it.

(in reply to LaStarza61)
Post #: 42
RE: Things we would like seen added to the game - 3/10/2014 8:16:40 AM   
76mm

I would also like to be able to turn off the music separately from the sound.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 43
RE: Things we would like seen added to the game - 3/10/2014 11:03:20 PM   
SteveD64

When chariots crash, do the wild horses change lanes? Maybe have them randomly change lanes every so often. Keep us on our toes.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 44
RE: Things we would like seen added to the game - 3/11/2014 1:51:35 AM   
RobearGWJ

Wodin, you can't really run just one team repeatedly, since the horses and chariot and auriga don't recover fully between races. You may not notice it right away, but after four or five consecutive races, your one guy will be absolutely useless and in great danger of losing his life. You really have to switch out multiple teams and drivers and even chariots to keep everyone as fresh as possible.

I'd love to see variant races, with one or two horse teams, and races longer than three laps, so that endurance comes into play in a bigger way (I don't think people would whip out of the start in a seven lap race, for example.) I'd also like to see a screen with competitive options - pay a spy to find out which Green driver will run in the next race, or pay someone to poison a horse or get a driver drunk the night before a race. Selling and trading teams would be interesting too; you could offer bids to a talented auriga, or maybe make an offer on an experienced horse.

Great game, guys, this is a really well-crafted design. Don't break it to add every little thing.

(in reply to SteveD64)
Post #: 45
RE: Things we would like seen added to the game - 3/11/2014 11:44:49 AM   
catwhoorg

There is a random event which creates a 4 lap race. Had that occur on Sunday.

(in reply to RobearGWJ)
Post #: 46
RE: Things we would like seen added to the game - 3/11/2014 2:00:11 PM   
tgb

Also one that creates a 2-lap race.

(in reply to catwhoorg)
Post #: 47
RE: Things we would like seen added to the game - 3/13/2014 7:39:23 PM   
Javolenus

Some good ideas here -- like the RPG stuff and having Aurigas with some kind of bio or backstory. But maybe too much work for a basic race game? But I keep seeing lots of potential for developing the "flavour" of the Ancient setting, which could add more immersion and also be interesting & educational.

(in reply to SteveD64)
Post #: 48
RE: Things we would like seen added to the game - 3/14/2014 2:59:29 AM   
76mm

Turnopia, there's a lot of good ideas in this thread and others...it would be great to get some feedback on your thoughts about what we can expect going forward, either via patches or paid expansions.

Given the very reasonable price of this game, personally I'd have no problem paying more for additional features.

(in reply to Javolenus)
Post #: 49
RE: Things we would like seen added to the game - 3/14/2014 8:41:11 AM   
gerardo

Same here. The game is great, could be even better with new features, expansions, new tracks, new graphics etc.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 50
RE: Things we would like seen added to the game - 3/14/2014 8:55:19 AM   
Niessuh

I'm reading all your recommendations carefully and taking good note, I can not guarantee if or when will be made​​, if in a near future patch, in an expansion? or a possible Quadriga II. But I agree with most of them. Things like remembering the city event or race leaders' victories while racing seems easily feasible.

Daniel López
Creator of Qvadriga and Mare Nostrvm

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 51
RE: Things we would like seen added to the game - 3/15/2014 4:14:27 AM   
budd

i wasn't supposed to buy anymore games.......oooppps. I'm enjoying the game and the campaign is alot tougher than the demo, i washed out of my first campaign already 2 dead and no money to continue, my drivers The Dude, Walter and Donnie didn't think to highly of my driving........great fun. I'd like to see a sports page recap kinda thing at the end of races, maybe on a stone tablet. Don't know how people would feel about this idea...but how about figure eight tracks ....imagine the carnage. Thats all i got for now..back to the circus. A really fun,unique, quick playing game.It just needs a little more personality. Great job, hope to see it grow and expand. Price point is just right too.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to Niessuh)
Post #: 52
RE: Things we would like seen added to the game - 3/15/2014 6:57:57 PM   
Manticore8

quote:

ORIGINAL: CLEVELAND

When chariots crash, do the wild horses change lanes? Maybe have them randomly change lanes every so often. Keep us on our toes.

I've seen loose horse teams slide to outer lanes in a tight curve, but they never change lanes in straightaways that I've ever seen.

(in reply to SteveD64)
Post #: 53
RE: Things we would like seen added to the game - 3/15/2014 8:44:10 PM   
SteveD64

quote:

I've seen loose horse teams slide to outer lanes in a tight curve, but they never change lanes in straightaways that I've ever seen.

ah, ok. That makes sense.

(in reply to Manticore8)
Post #: 54
RE: Things we would like added to the game - 3/17/2014 9:08:46 AM   
NZgunner

All the stuff about race history, results etc.

See the teams/aurigas you are up against before the race starts, and current odds for each.

The ability to bet on any auriga, not just your own.

(in reply to dirwulf)
Post #: 55
RE: Things we would like added to the game - 3/17/2014 12:14:30 PM   
wile1411

The ability to rename hired Aurigas (other than your first three)

(in reply to NZgunner)
Post #: 56
RE: Things we would like seen added to the game - 3/17/2014 6:36:07 PM   
Jeffrey H.

quote:

ORIGINAL: **budd**

i wasn't supposed to buy anymore games.......oooppps. I'm enjoying the game and the campaign is alot tougher than the demo, i washed out of my first campaign already 2 dead and no money to continue, my drivers The Dude, Walter and Donnie didn't think to highly of my driving........great fun. I'd like to see a sports page recap kinda thing at the end of races, maybe on a stone tablet. Don't know how people would feel about this idea...but how about figure eight tracks ....imagine the carnage. Thats all i got for now..back to the circus. A really fun,unique, quick playing game.It just needs a little more personality. Great job, hope to see it grow and expand. Price point is just right too.

Haha, ya I did my first attempt at a campaign last night. Did horrible. Sold off stuff to improve a single team with a new chariot, new horses and an upgraded driver. Lost it all and got told to pound sand. Haha funny.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 57
RE: Things we would like added to the game - 3/17/2014 6:36:36 PM   
palmtree

This probably fits more into a Qvadriga sequel but I find that what I would like to see is, first, multiplayer, and with multiplayer implemented I would like to see multiplayer leagues similar to Blood Bowl. I envision race seasons where all human players send in Aurigas for a race and you have to try to keep your team intact and accumulate wins and money until the final big race in the province capital.

(in reply to wile1411)
Post #: 58
RE: Things we would like added to the game - 3/17/2014 8:33:13 PM   
ru_disa

In Campaign mode, I would like to see the date when each race takes place. It may seem like nothing, but watching time go by would give the player a stronger sense of progression and it would also give more weight to skipping a race...

(in reply to palmtree)
Post #: 59
RE: Things we would like added to the game - 3/17/2014 9:21:29 PM   
SteveD64

Would like to mouse over each track and have a tool tip pop up that tells me my record at that track.

Also, I just had my 10 win Auriga whipped to death. Would like to be able to build a shrine at the track where he met his demise.

(in reply to ru_disa)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> QVADRIGA >> RE: Things we would like seen added to the game Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI