Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Murphy's Laws for Combat

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Murphy's Laws for Combat Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Murphy's Laws for Combat - 3/11/2001 9:09:00 AM   
Major Ed

I think there was a thread like this some time back, but here are a few Murphys' Laws that apply to combat: 1.You are not a superman. 2.If it's stupid but works, it's not stupid. 3.Don't look conspicuous, it draws fire. 4.When in doubt, empty your magazine. 5.Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than you are. 6.Remember: Your weapon was made by the lowest bidder. 7.If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush. 8.No plan survives the first contact intact. 9.All 5-second grenade fuses will burn out in 3. 10.Try to look unimportant. The enemy may be low on ammo. The last one reminds me of the Willy & Joe cartoon where the officer (complete with swagger stick) is standing on the ridge line and Willy is crouched in his fox hole. He asks the officer, "Sir, would mind not drawing so much fire while you're inspiring us?"

Post #: 1
- 3/11/2001 9:28:00 AM   
Lars Remmen

A few more: Incoming fire has the right of way. Friendly fire isn't ------------------ Lars Nec Temere - Nec Timide

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

(in reply to Major Ed)
Post #: 2
- 3/11/2001 10:05:00 AM   
USMCGrunt

- Never stand next to anyone or anything more important than you. This is why aircraft carriers are called bomb magnets. - That enemy feint you're ignoring is the main attack. - Professionals are predictable, but the world is full of amatuers. Just a few more. ------------------ USMCGrunt -When it absolutely, positively, has to be destroyed overnight.

USMCGrunt Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, 'ow's yer soul?" But it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll! -Rudyard Kipling-

(in reply to Major Ed)
Post #: 3
- 3/11/2001 11:05:00 AM   
Pack Rat

quote:

Originally posted by Major Ed: The last one reminds me of the Willy & Joe cartoon where the officer (complete with swagger stick) is standing on the ridge line and Willy is crouched in his fox hole. He asks the officer, "Sir, would mind not drawing so much fire while you're inspiring us?"
I love Bill Mauldins' "Willy & Joe" cartoons. I have the book "Up Front" in hand as I write this. Here are a couple of my favorites: "I can't git no lower, Willie. Me buttons is in th' way." Willie and Joe crouched in a fox hole with a German Tiger parked over them, "Able Fox Five to Able Fox. I got a target but ya gotta be patient." Willie and Joe in a bombed out house with one window pane intact, "Go ahead, Joe. If ya don't bust it ya'll worry about it all night." Pack Rat

PR

(in reply to Major Ed)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Murphy's Laws for Combat Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI