Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/9/2014 9:26:03 PM   
Cap Mandrake

OK....is somebody here Rush Limbaugh? Because he stole my Procol Harum/Boko Haram bit.

I'm not looking for any money...just an apology. Anyone who knows please send me a PM.

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 391
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/10/2014 12:55:16 AM   
poodlebrain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

quote:

Go ovah to Pocahantas Girr's house Friday for barbecue. She have rot to drink before get there. Somebody say "rets go swimming" but PG not have bathing suit..so just take off crothes.

Rearry funny. Not-ah take picture.

Opportunity lost

Yes, well the physical world imposes certain constraints...like I was sitting there with Stalker Girl who didn't think it was nearly as funny as I did.

Even funnier, SG's 25 year old son was already in the pool. He wisely got out pretty quick.

Let me guess PG is 24 years older than SG's son and would have ridden him like a bronco. Don't you just love when threads merge?

Never trust a man who's ass is wider than his shoulders.

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 392
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/10/2014 5:36:33 AM   
witpqs

quote:

Go ovah to Pocahantas Girr's house Friday for barbecue. She have rot to drink before get there. Somebody say "rets go swimming" but PG not have bathing suit..so just take off crothes.

What do we have to do, chip in and get you a set of Google Glass?

Post #: 393
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/10/2014 12:41:10 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: poodlebrain

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

quote:

Opportunity lost

Yes, well the physical world imposes certain constraints...like I was sitting there with Stalker Girl who didn't think it was nearly as funny as I did.

Even funnier, SG's 25 year old son was already in the pool. He wisely got out pretty quick.

Let me guess PG is 24 years older than SG's son and would have ridden him like a bronco. Don't you just love when threads merge?

Now if only we could get 'nymphing' into the conversation, it would be a solid wrap.

Oh...wait...

(in reply to poodlebrain)
Post #: 394
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/11/2014 3:43:48 PM   
Cap Mandrake

*******Beachside virra, Truk, Dec 15, 1941(d)**********

Honorary Admirah Mandrake-san <puts down copy of On Coroniarism> This stuff make-ah Mandrake-san head hurt. Being coroniarist rot of work. Not-ah easy.

Rook...the Engrish-mens have-a India, Singapore and Hong Kong..werr,,for a rittah bit. Those-ah pretty good coronies. American-mens have Phirripines and Hawaii..those-ah pretty good too.
French-mens have Indochina..not-ah sure how much money French-mens make but at reast they have-ah beautifurh womans there. Even crappy rittah countries rike Portugahr have Brazil and Macao.

Then...you have Itary...Somaria?? Rearry? This show me Japan-mens need to be carefurh about coronies. Say, what about sarted sea urchin roe Mandrake-san order.

Very attractive Rukanese woman in tropical attire: I'll check with Captain Ito-san, Honorable Honorary Admiral, Sir.

Post #: 395
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/11/2014 3:47:45 PM   
Cap Mandrake

********Beachside virra, Truk, Dec 15, 1941(d)*********

Honorary Admirah Mandrake-san
Wait a minute..it-say here on interrigence report Pago Pago have-ah Mariens with coastarh defense guns. Samoa randing force just-ah have coupurh of Marus with pea shooters. That-ah nevah work. They brow up. Find-ah staff frunkie who dream up this-ah pran!

Post #: 396
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/11/2014 3:55:40 PM   
Cap Mandrake

*********Observations after one week as Japan-mens*******

1) Japans-mens have crappy engineers. They are company-sized, mainly, have crappy Daihatsu bulldozers (if they are lucky) and must be short on adult diapers or something because they can't build ****.
(Note: This could also be a DBB effect)

2) They aren't even close to enough Mavissesses

3) They have crappy naval rearmament abilities.

4) Zeroes work rearry good.

5) Economy rearry compricated.

Post #: 397
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/11/2014 4:03:21 PM   
Cap Mandrake

***********Questions********

1) What do we do with oil produced at centers with no refinery capability? Brunei, for eg., can we just ship it next door to Miri or does Miri not have excess refinery capacity to deal with intrinsic oil production supply?

2) Do Japan-mens have a mobile CD unit in DBB? We need something for Lord Howe Isrand after we take that. It will be very vulnerable to naval sniping.

3) Does Manchuria have garrison rules for AIR UNITS?

4) Are there any mobile Karaoke bars?

Post #: 398
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/11/2014 4:08:47 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Also, is there something I can change on the command line so this doesn't happen. It goes away if I minimize all the IE windows but still..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 5/11/2014 5:09:23 PM >

Post #: 399
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/11/2014 5:34:41 PM   
witpqs

quote:

Also, is there something I can change on the command line so this doesn't happen. It goes away if I minimize all the IE windows but still..

Are you running in full-screen mode or windowed mode?

Post #: 400
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/11/2014 5:46:11 PM   
Cap Mandrake

The shortcut is set to "normal window" but the only way to minimize is with "Alt-tab"

Post #: 401
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/11/2014 6:27:33 PM   
witpqs

quote:

The shortcut is set to "normal window" but the only way to minimize is with "Alt-tab"

I do mine a little differently, and it works out to be REALLY convenient. I use windowed mode, and I played with the size settings until I got it just right that the Windows menu bar is exposed below the game window. When I want to switch back and forth between programs, all I have to is click on the one I want. If I actually want to minimize the one I am currently in, all I have to do is click on that one and it minimizes.

Here are the shortcut switches that I use. The first set is for a Windows 7 desktop, the second is for a Windows 8/8.1 laptop.
quote:

-altFont -cpu4 -dd_sw -archive -wd -pxf1920 -pyf1018 -noFire

-altFont -archive -wd -deepColor -px1366 -py768 -fixedArt -noFire

Obviously you only care about the window size ones for this discussion.

Here is a screen pic of the lower left hand corner of my screen to show what I mean. I just give up a little real estate from the game window to keep the Windows menu bar (or whatever the heck they call it) showing. Way, way, way faster and more convenient than using Alt-Tab.

In the next post I'll show a pic of another shortcut setting that is part of this.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 402
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/11/2014 6:29:59 PM   
witpqs

Notice that the shortcut has an option set to "Maximize" for how the window first starts up (the "Run" option). That just saves you from clicking on it to maximize it every time you start it. To get to that, look at your shortcut and Right-click on it, then select 'properties'.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by witpqs -- 5/11/2014 7:30:27 PM >

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 403
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/11/2014 6:32:20 PM   
witpqs

I should add that you will have to play with the window size settings to get them exactly wight for your screen and your resolution settings. You can do some math on how many pixels the screen has to get close, but just a few iterations of starting up the game with various settings will be required to zero in on it.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 404
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/12/2014 12:37:23 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

***********Questions********

1) What do we do with oil produced at centers with no refinery capability? Brunei, for eg., can we just ship it next door to Miri or does Miri not have excess refinery capacity to deal with intrinsic oil production supply?

Ship-ah it to home islands or at least to Hong Kong, where it will begin its magical overland movement to Port Arthur. Refineries there can convert it to fuer (+ suppry).

quote:

2) Do Japan-mens have a mobile CD unit in DBB? We need something for Lord Howe Isrand after we take that. It will be very vulnerable to naval sniping.

Dunno.

quote:

3) Does Manchuria have garrison rules for AIR UNITS?

Not-ah that I know of.

quote:

4) Are there any mobile Karaoke bars?

Scots have pipes for assaurting beaches. American mens have "Fright of the Varkyrie" for hericoptah assaurt. You-ah serioursy want-ah assaurt force storming across beaches of Pago Pago singing "You right up-ah my rife?"

It-ah bad for Japans mens morale. Rike ah not posting pictures of drunken neighbor in poor. Bad joss.

Post #: 405
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/12/2014 1:42:26 AM   
zuluhour

This is cool, learning Japanese language!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 406
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/12/2014 2:43:36 AM   
BBfanboy

Oh, c'mon Chickenboy! No reason the IJA couldn't use Kung Fu Fighting as their going to battre song, or maybe You Terr a Story Rike Tokiyo Rose.

(Editor's note re: Japan-speak: In this case the use of the letter "l" in the word couldn't is allowed because it is silent, and therefore the Japanese can pronounce it.)

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 407
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/12/2014 2:58:09 AM   
bradfordkay

"2) Do Japan-mens have a mobile CD unit in DBB? We need something for Lord Howe Isrand after we take that. It will be very vulnerable to naval sniping. "

My understanding is that in stock AE Japan only has a couple of mobile CD units, so they may be hard to find or may not have arrived yet. Or maybe DBB has removed them...

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 408
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/12/2014 11:02:54 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
No reason the IJA couldn't use Kung Fu Fighting as their going to battre song, or maybe You Terr a Story Rike Tokiyo Rose.

Actuarry, Kung Fu originate China. Possibry use resser known Japans mens version "Kendo fighting" or "Judo jousting", but not-ah so catchy tunes. Japans mens curturar [eesh!] officah no rikey positive references to anything Chinese.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 409
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/12/2014 3:44:50 PM   
Argos

For consideration in the clearly soon to be detailed thread contest to 'choose the fight song' I submit Blue Oyster Cult's, "Godzilla"; might be just the thing for the troops swarming ashore to spread chaos (although the back story of origination might need some editing for morale purposes).

Please be careful, very careful with procurement, as the Brian Setzer Orchestra is releasing an instrumental version on their 'metal' album and I can't imagine the negative assault modifier associated with obtaining the wrong track.

< Message edited by Argos -- 5/12/2014 5:15:13 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 410
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/12/2014 6:15:10 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Good idea! How about:

"Mr. Robato"..........Styx, 1983..........."Domo, arigato, Mistah Robato....domo"

"Turning Japanese"....Vapo(u)rs, 1980....."I'm turning Japanese, oh yes I'm turnign Japanese.."

"Japanese Farewell Song"...not sure who wrote it but recorded by several..........."The time has come for us to say sa-yo-na-a-ra"

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 5/12/2014 7:18:14 PM >

Post #: 411
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/12/2014 6:28:31 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Almost forgot...the Japanese version of the Panzerlied.

If storms or snows, or sun smire on Japan-mens
Day burning hot, or icy cord night.
Dusty Japan-mens faces, but happy Japan-mens minds, Hai! happy Japan-mens minds

Type II tankettes make kinda roud noise in wind
Type II tankettes make kinda roud noise in wind

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 5/12/2014 7:55:02 PM >

Post #: 412
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/12/2014 7:36:56 PM   
Argos

How about "Crusin'(Lucy and Ramona and Sunset Sam)". Any early war Allied resistance would have to crumble in the face of only a couple of barge loads of your troops enthusiastically singing that on the run in, even without the threat of a Hulk Hogan look alike in the video. (Plus Sunset Sam has the sound of a top level sales producer from M & M...)

Bonus info -
Cruisin', aka Lucy and Ramona and Sunset Sam, is the last single to date released by Michael Nesmith (yes that Michael Nesmith) as a solo artist. The song was released in 1979 under Pacific Arts (PAC 108) from the album Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma.

Bonus Bonus
Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma has to be in contention for your next AAR title...

< Message edited by Argos -- 5/12/2014 8:45:17 PM >

Post #: 413
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/12/2014 7:48:21 PM   
Argos

Sorry for all the edits - white out doesn't seem to work in any post referencing Michael Nesmith...

(in reply to Argos)
Post #: 414
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/12/2014 10:10:54 PM   
zuluhour

Have I missed something? Is Nigel under the weather?

(in reply to Argos)
Post #: 415
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/12/2014 10:13:55 PM   
witpqs

He's in the pool with PG.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 416
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/12/2014 10:18:45 PM   
zuluhour

(imagines Benny Hill)

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 417
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/12/2014 11:16:54 PM   
zuluhour

sprior!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 5/13/2014 12:17:33 AM >

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 418
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/12/2014 11:43:36 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

Good idea! How about:

"Mr. Robato"..........Styx, 1983..........."Domo, arigato, Mistah Robato....domo"

"Turning Japanese"....Vapo(u)rs, 1980....."I'm turning Japanese, oh yes I'm turnign Japanese.."

"Japanese Farewell Song"...not sure who wrote it but recorded by several..........."The time has come for us to say sa-yo-na-a-ra"

Another idea (with apologies to Eric Burdon):

There is, a force, in the Pacific, O-shun
They cauuuuu the Rising Sun
And it's been, the ruin, of many a round-eye
And boys, you know, you're next!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 419
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/13/2014 12:00:42 AM   
Cap Mandrake

How about this? Maybe a bit too techno?

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 420
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI