Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/20/2014 4:26:35 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Japan-mens predict when Arried-mens get panicked radio carr from Angrican priest or Postmaster Generarh on Norfork Isrand they rike..."Hory crap! New Zearand next!"

Will Japan-men have terrier TFs to catch rats freeing NZ?

The main obstacle to the continued use of the carriers is not fuel but ordnance (especially torps). I suspect they will have to go to Truk to rearm and, as already pointed out, it is becoming increasingly dangerous to operate as separate carrier divisions. Most likely, rats leaving New Zealand will survive to tell their grandkids

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 451
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/20/2014 4:30:10 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Only 2 of the 5 carriers in the South Pacific still have full torp loadouts. This brings up an interesting question:

Suppose you have 18 torps left in the magazine and 18 Kates on board. If you set the Kates to torpedoes and they fly a mission in the morning, will the AI switch to bombs in the afternoon?

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 452
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/20/2014 4:44:02 PM   
Cap Mandrake

OK, I looked. I don't see ANY non-static CD units. Quite an oversight if you ask me.

I brame Tojo.

What if we brought down a heavy arty unit with 28cn guns to Lord Howe, would that do any good?

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 453
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/20/2014 4:46:05 PM   
Xargun

quote:

Suppose you have 18 torps left in the magazine and 18 Kates on board. If you set the Kates to torpedoes and they fly a mission in the morning, will the AI switch to bombs in the afternoon?

yes they should auto switch to bombs without any problems.

Post #: 454
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/20/2014 4:46:50 PM   
Xargun

quote:

OK, I looked. I don't see ANY non-static CD units. Quite an oversight if you ask me.

I brame Tojo.

What if we brought down a heavy arty unit with 28cn guns to Lord Howe, would that do any good?

Artillery will shoot at ships but they are not as effective as real CD units - I think the chance to hit is a lot less. But something is better than nothing.

Post #: 455
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/20/2014 4:54:00 PM   
Cap Mandrake

I should go to the hospital and take the test to qualify for the new Electronic Medical Record "upgrade", but, you have to understand "upgrade" does not really mean "upgrade" in the typical sense.

It is a mandated change to comply with ICD-10 and the tragically misnamed requirements of "meaningful use" from the ACA.

If you just took half the money being spent on this crap and the literally MILLIONS of man hours wasted by doctors learning ho to use the crap, they could have funded a caravan of 100 tour buses full of doctors and xray techs and the like to tour the country seeing everyone without health insurance for free AND have about 20 In-and-Out trucks cooking up free burgers for everyone...and free BMI charts for the South.

Post #: 456
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/20/2014 4:56:02 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xargun

quote:

yes they should auto switch to bombs without any problems.

Cool, thx.

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 457
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/20/2014 4:56:32 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xargun

quote:

I brame Tojo.

Artillery will shoot at ships but they are not as effective as real CD units - I think the chance to hit is a lot less. But something is better than nothing.

Yes, that has been my experience.

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 458
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/20/2014 5:01:15 PM   
witpqs

quote:

I should go to the hospital and take the test to qualify for the new Electronic Medical Record "upgrade", but, you have to understand "upgrade" does not really mean "upgrade" in the typical sense.

It is a mandated change to comply with ICD-10 and the tragically misnamed requirements of "meaningful use" from the ACA.

If you just took half the money being spent on this crap and the literally MILLIONS of man hours wasted by doctors learning ho to use the crap, they could have funded a caravan of 100 tour buses full of doctors and xray techs and the like to tour the country seeing everyone without health insurance for free....

May I quote you (anonymously)?

< Message edited by witpqs -- 5/20/2014 6:01:44 PM >

Post #: 459
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/20/2014 5:07:50 PM   
Cap Mandrake

*******WARNING..IF YOU ARE PRONE TO CONSPIRATORIAL THINKING DON'T READ THIS*********

This whole EMR and "meaningful use" thingy....it's not about "quality of care". That's just the cover story. Don't tell anyone. I don't want to get into trouble.

Post #: 460
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/20/2014 5:12:28 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

I brame Tojo.

The recombined Hong Kong CD unit is mobile, but restricted to the Asian landmass.

In scenario 2, several Naval guard units can be recombined. These have some (limited) CD functionality.

Post #: 461
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/20/2014 5:13:25 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

If you just took half the money being spent on this crap and the literally MILLIONS of man hours wasted by doctors learning ho to use the crap, they could have funded a caravan of 100 tour buses full of doctors and xray techs and the like to tour the country seeing everyone without health insurance for free AND have about 20 In-and-Out trucks cooking up free burgers for everyone...and free BMI charts for the South.

Just think how much gin such a caravan would require though.

Post #: 462
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/20/2014 5:14:19 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Stalker Girl just called me. It seems Pocahantas Girl is parked in our driveway hiding from her pool guy.

This is the one she let hose her down but discovered his hose was inadequate so she is hiding from him.

Post #: 463
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/20/2014 5:15:19 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

Japan-mens predict when Arried-mens get panicked radio carr from Angrican priest or Postmaster Generarh on Norfork Isrand they rike..."Hory crap! New Zearand next!"

Will Japan-men have terrier TFs to catch rats freeing NZ?

The main obstacle to the continued use of the carriers is not fuel but ordnance (especially torps). I suspect they will have to go to Truk to rearm and, as already pointed out, it is becoming increasingly dangerous to operate as separate carrier divisions. Most likely, rats leaving New Zealand will survive to tell their grandkids

New (and improved) Caledonia or Suva would be a nice refueling / rearmament station for KB's wanderings to the south. Will you remind us of their status on the chopping block?

Post #: 464
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/20/2014 5:18:12 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

All the wasted money could easily fund a 777 full of Hendricks and olives at every decent sized airport along the way.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 465
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/20/2014 5:19:25 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

All the wasted money could easily fund a 777 full of Hendricks and olives at every decent sized airport along the way.

Almost makes me wish I were a physician. Almost...

Post #: 466
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/20/2014 5:24:12 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

New (and improved) Caledonia or Suva would be a nice refueling / rearmament station for KB's wanderings to the south. Will you remind us of their status on the chopping block?

Noumea should fall in 2 days but is only a level 2 port. Nadi should fall tomorrow but it might take 8-10d to take Suva because we have to assemble, then march in. Suva is level 3.
Rabaul is level 3 with no naval support but does have an AD.

FYI, Kwajalean with a level 3 port and 90 naval support will NOT reload aerial torps. The BB's will also have to go back to Truk to be rearmed.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 5/20/2014 6:26:29 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 467
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/20/2014 5:58:53 PM   
poodlebrain

quote:

Stalker Girl just called me. It seems Pocahantas Girl is parked in our driveway hiding from her pool guy.

This is the one she let hose her down but discovered his hose was inadequate so she is hiding from him.
How vast is her pool if the pool guy's hose is inadequate to clean the sides and/or bottom?

Never trust a man who's ass is wider than his shoulders.

Post #: 468
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/20/2014 6:58:36 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: poodlebrain

quote:

How vast is her pool if the pool guy's hose is inadequate to clean the sides and/or bottom?

Now, clearly, that is a trap you have set, because, if I could accurately answer that I would have some 'splaining to do.

Even so, we can assemble the knowable data....3 kids....not sure about episiotomies or "husand's stiches"...not sure about Kagel exercises. Most likely somewhat accomodative.

(in reply to poodlebrain)
Post #: 469
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/20/2014 7:43:15 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

quote:

quote:

Now, clearly, that is a trap you have set, because, if I could accurately answer that I would have some 'splaining to do.

Even so, we can assemble the knowable data....3 kids....not sure about episiotomies or "husand's stiches"...not sure about Kagel exercises. Most likely somewhat accomodative.

Hmmm .. not much EBP literature either to fall back on :)

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"

Post #: 470
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/20/2014 7:47:26 PM   
Mike McCreery

quote:

quote:

If it was a hose and not a pole I can understand why she was hiding from him. And to answer the question, it is not the size of the pole, it is whether you know how to use it.

And yes, I am a pool guy ;] Probably could do a helluva better job on both her and the pool.

Post #: 471
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/20/2014 8:46:50 PM   
poodlebrain

While waiting to go on active duty after graduating from college, I worked at a Leslie's pool store. What I learned in those few months was to never own a home with a pool. And the lessons I learned did not include any about female family members being satisfied, or dissatisfied, with how pool service technicians manipulate their hoses or poles.

(in reply to Mike McCreery)
Post #: 472
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/20/2014 9:29:14 PM   
Cap Mandrake

I have been working on my outdoor built-in-BBQ/Life misery correlation theory for some time. I am pretty sure it also applies to reflecting pools.

Now, a swimming pool can certainly be fun but perhaps it isn't such a good idea either. In the case of PG the same inference might be drawn regading lawn care or even a personal trainer or process server.

I think it was Franklin who said, "Never a pool owner or borrower be"

Post #: 473
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/20/2014 9:36:41 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

OK - that does it!
DIBS on the movie rights to "The Pocahantas Girl Story". She can star as herself ...

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 474
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/20/2014 9:49:44 PM   
poodlebrain

I've been there with the outdoor kitchen overkill. I regained my senses and downsized to the point that I only have a Webber Kettle that I use for grilling, smoking and BBQing.

It's amazing how much I enjoyment I get from doing more with less.

Post #: 475
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/21/2014 12:18:29 AM   
Mike McCreery

quote:

While waiting to go on active duty after graduating from college, I worked at a Leslie's pool store. What I learned in those few months was to never own a home with a pool. And the lessons I learned did not include any about female family members being satisfied, or dissatisfied, with how pool service technicians manipulate their hoses or poles.

Leslies sucks!! Cactus Pool Supply is the way to go in the valley!! Leslie's muscled out a Cactus competitor that I was working with. And they just did it to be dicks because this area of the valley cannot support a Leslie's pool store. So they simply jacked their prices up and are significantly more expensive on almost every thing.

And yes, owning a pool is like owning a yacht. They are expensive and require a lot of maintenance for simply looking good most of the time. I wouldnt own a pool unless it came with a house I really liked.

And yes, yes... Being a pool service person is nothing like being the Cabana boy in the movies. Mostly overweight housewives with noisy kids...

Post #: 476
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/21/2014 5:02:41 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

The BB's will also have to go back to Truk to be rearmed.

Forward deploy an AKE. It'll save you significant fuel for those BBs.

Post #: 477
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/21/2014 5:21:05 AM   
koniu

quote:

quote:

The BB's will also have to go back to Truk to be rearmed.

Forward deploy an AKE. It'll save you significant fuel for those BBs.

One AKE (that biggest japanise have - don`t remember class but they have capacity 4500 or something like that) if have enough supply loaded should be able to fully rearm 2 BB plus some DDs in single turn. Two AKE can reload even more ships at once. Only Yamato class need big port or lot of support to rearm main guns

Upgrading to AKE is fast. 21 days i think. Having AKE clso to fron line will save You lots of time and fuel.

< Message edited by koniu -- 5/21/2014 6:40:21 AM >

"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 478
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/21/2014 2:10:00 PM   
Cap Mandrake

OK...Rook it up. Japan-mens have one 3500 ton AKE now.

Toho Maru crass, 4700 tons, avairaburh in Feb. '42, War ovah by then.

Post #: 479
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/21/2014 2:34:31 PM   
Cap Mandrake

*********Seaside Virra, Truk, Dec 18, 1941(d)*********

Attractive young Rukanese woman in tropical attire: Honorary Admiral Mandrake-san, do you think a torpedo boat will be enough to suppress the enemy coastal guns at Ambon? Intelligence is 3-5 150mm and 4-6 75 mm operable.

Admirahr Mandrake-san: Hory crap! Why not someone say something before? Mandrake-san have to think of everything?

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 5/21/2014 3:35:13 PM >

Post #: 480
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI