Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Too many heroes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Too many heroes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Too many heroes - 4/22/2014 7:48:36 PM   
NZgunner

While I like the idea of heroes and their skill cards, there just seem to be too many of them generated.

In the 3rd scenario of the German campaign, the human wave attacks from the wheat fields seemed to throw up a hero as quickly as I shot one down, and the only thing that kept me in it was my own hero with the slayer ability - but I lost as yet another Russian hero assaulted one of the VP locations leaving it as a contested melee hex at the end of the last turn.

Maybe it is just this scenario with the masses of Russian units and all the shooting that the Germans get to do every turn, but the hero counters (including my own) dominated the gameplay a lot more than felt right. The Russians got one particular hero that allowed them to have a second chance at rallying everyone, which really hurt me as I'd stopped the attack in its tracks and was preparing to withdraw to the foxholes, but had to leave some squads in their starting positions because of the good order enemies close to them.
Post #: 1
RE: Too many heroes - 4/22/2014 9:02:42 PM   
Michael T

Agreed. They occur too frequently.

< Message edited by Michael T -- 4/22/2014 10:03:04 PM >

(in reply to NZgunner)
Post #: 2
RE: Too many heroes - 4/22/2014 10:13:34 PM   
jonj01

I think everyone is agreed. That scenario in particular, they are a real pain.
There is a option in designing scenarios that allows, for less heros to be generated.

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 3
RE: Too many heroes - 4/23/2014 12:25:37 AM   
baloo7777

That is where I left playing the German campain, and only play single scenarios now. I tried 9 times (on easy even) and was never able to move past it. Not a fan of being unable to continue with the campain until you win. Love the game though, and play on hard now, with a mix of won/lost scenarios.

JRR

(in reply to jonj01)
Post #: 4
RE: Too many heroes - 4/23/2014 11:17:53 AM   
LeeChard

I feel the same way. It particularly bugs me when a hero is created near your stack of broken units and
he takes all of them out

(in reply to baloo7777)
Post #: 5
RE: Too many heroes - 4/23/2014 4:47:41 PM   
Redan

As I recall, the Russians were fighting Nazi stormtroopers hand to hand pretty much in their grandmothers' bedrooms. I'mtold the Russians won the war. Why are you surprised by carnage?

"You can't stack units in this game. This is Tactics II, hexes haven't been invented yet..."

(in reply to LeeChard)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Too many heroes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI