Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: [WIP] Energy Techtree Rebalanced

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: [WIP] Energy Techtree Rebalanced Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: [WIP] Energy Techtree Rebalanced - 5/31/2014 9:14:59 PM   
Tanaka

So in my first game using this mod with the Gerax Hyperdrive and a fuel cell I can move 1 sector with an additional sector with each fuel cell. So most of my ships have 4-5 fuel cells which means I can already move about 1/3 of the galaxy with the first Gerax Hyperdrive. 5 sectors out of 15.

So unless Im not remembering correctly this mod seems to increase the range of ships over the original game? Is something not working?

I would love for this mod to at least reduce this range by 3/4 so that I could only move 1 sector per 4-5 fuel cells to allow for technology growth. Or something like that

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 5/31/2014 10:16:10 PM >

(in reply to Foma)
Post #: 31
RE: [WIP] Energy Techtree Rebalanced - 5/31/2014 11:19:19 PM   
Osito

I wonder if you're thinking about the warp bubble generator, Tanaka. I'm pretty sure you can build ships to traverse most of the entire 15x15 galaxy once you have Gerax in vanilla DW:U.

Osito

< Message edited by Osito -- 6/1/2014 12:56:59 AM >

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 32
RE: [WIP] Energy Techtree Rebalanced - 6/1/2014 1:15:05 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Osito

I wonder if you're thinking about the warp bubble generator, Tanaka. I'm pretty sure you can build ships to traverse most of the entire 15x15 galaxy once you have Gerax in vanilla DW:U.

Osito

Yeah I must be remembering wrong.

If so then I still think this mod needs to be halved again if you can still cross 1/3 of the map with just the first drive and 5 fuel cells.

Would it be possible to just increase the size of fuel cells so you could not put so many on ships as an easy way to do it? But I guess thats where adjusting the weapons to that comes in...

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 6/1/2014 2:25:36 AM >

(in reply to Osito)
Post #: 33
RE: [WIP] Energy Techtree Rebalanced - 6/1/2014 10:19:58 AM   
Osito

Yes, you can reduce range quite substantially from a combination of reducing the fuel capacity of fuel cells and simultaneously increasing size. I personally think it's best to do both, to avoid additional fuel cells being used to compensate (thereby avoiding the extra resource cost). It does have quite a big effect on weapons, however, which can almost empty the fuel in a single battle.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 34
RE: [WIP] Energy Techtree Rebalanced - 6/5/2014 11:14:52 AM   
Locarnus

Hello Foma,

I only saw your mod yesterday and this rebalance looks very impressive.

Unfortunately the research.txt is one big file, not seperated by tech trees or even tech lines.
Which makes joining research mods very hard work.

This is a shame, since I really like your ideas. I m working on a research mod myself, which extends the tech tree.
In terms of speed rebalance I ve only touched the gerax hyperdrive and warp bubble generator so far.
Maybe we could work together on the research.txt to combine our ideas.

My steam account is "relnu", please message me if you are interested.

(in reply to Osito)
Post #: 35
RE: [WIP] Energy Techtree Rebalanced - 6/6/2014 3:02:45 AM   
hewwo

Once a new version comes out with adjusted weapons energy use, I am definitely going to use this mod! Seems like a huge improvement.

(in reply to Locarnus)
Post #: 36
RE: [WIP] Energy Techtree Rebalanced - 6/9/2014 5:20:23 AM   
Tanaka

Any updates?

(in reply to hewwo)
Post #: 37
RE: [WIP] Energy Techtree Rebalanced - 10/8/2015 5:39:17 AM   
Zygon

Has this mod died?

Having fast engines so early in the game is one of the very few things I don't like about DW. :-(

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 38
RE: [WIP] Energy Techtree Rebalanced - 10/8/2015 8:08:33 PM   
Serenitis

Might be worth comparing what has been done previously.

(in reply to Zygon)
Post #: 39
RE: [WIP] Energy Techtree Rebalanced - 10/9/2015 12:40:32 AM   
Aeson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Serenitis

Might be worth comparing what has been done previously.

Interestingly enough, Serentis, this particular mod predates the one you linked, at least judging by the date of posting (5/25/2014 as opposed to 6/10/2014), and is referenced in the second reply to the thread you linked.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zygon

Has this mod died?

Given that your post is the first in over a year in this particular thread, I would say that yes, there is a good chance that this mod has died. I know that Osito's Research Unleashed and mordachi's Unleashed Extended incorporate some reductions in early-game hyperdrive speeds, though they also come with other changes; you might consider checking those out as more recently updated mods which do some of this.

(in reply to Serenitis)
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: [WIP] Energy Techtree Rebalanced Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI