Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mortar firing cancellation [bug]

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen >> Tech Support >> Mortar firing cancellation [bug] Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mortar firing cancellation [bug] - 6/7/2014 8:11:38 AM   
PztCrackwise

One funny bug I have just noticed. It isn't a game breaker or anything, but still, is not very nice that it is bugged.

When you fire with any mortar team (light/medium mortar doesn't matter), try cancelling the attack for instance by switching to ambush mode quickly after you have heard the shooting sound from the tube. You will realize even though the sound of a shot of mortar was heard, no shots were actually fired. No round falls to the designated target, no ammunition consumed.
Post #: 1
RE: Mortar firing cancellation [bug] - 6/18/2014 7:15:50 PM   
vobbnobb

I agree. Fired a mortar from team and while in air put team in defense mode. The fired mortar round never lands no impact at all possible wasted rounds. To solve this I just wait for impact sound then put the arc to save my rounds.

< Message edited by vobbnobb -- 6/18/2014 8:18:24 PM >

(in reply to PztCrackwise)
Post #: 2
RE: Mortar firing cancellation [bug] - 6/19/2014 6:49:13 AM   
Dowly

I can confirm this as well, just tried it with both 2 and 3 inch mortars. Round never lands.

(in reply to vobbnobb)
Post #: 3
RE: Mortar firing cancellation [bug] - 6/19/2014 8:46:36 AM   
Pvt_Grunt

I also had a strange result with the British 3" mortar. It would not fire at the target and instead of the timer count down it gave a string of numbers with "2d xx" in it. I will try to replicate the error and take a screen shot this time, as I was having too much fun hunting a MkIV at the time.

(in reply to Dowly)
Post #: 4
RE: Mortar firing cancellation [bug] - 6/20/2014 5:26:43 PM   
SteveMcClaire

This is a limitation of the CC engine that has always been there. There is no tracking of rounds in flight, so all shots and hits are instantaneous. Mortars employ a bit of fakery to make it look and sound like they've fired, when in fact the actual 'shot' does not occur within the engine until the time the round is going to land.

Steve

(in reply to Pvt_Grunt)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen >> Tech Support >> Mortar firing cancellation [bug] Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI