Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

commerce, medical and enertertainment.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> commerce, medical and enertertainment. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
commerce, medical and enertertainment. - 7/6/2014 4:10:43 PM   
thefinn12345

I was looking through the stardard builds and saw that the resort bases had more than 1 entertainment module - why ?

If there's some bonus to this for resort bases, should I also have more medical and commerce on my resort bases.

Resort base income - why does it vary constantly in the goddamn empire summary screen ? Just to piss me off ?
Post #: 1
RE: commerce, medical and enertertainment. - 7/6/2014 4:24:20 PM   
Ceorl

Because this is Distant Worlds and it exists mostly to piss off the people who play it :D

My understanding is only 1 medical and entertainment module are needed to provide a system-wide benefit and that additional do not stack. You should not have medical or commerce modules on your resorts unless the former if within a system with controlled planet and no starbase (unlikely) and the latter never since no trading occurs there (I think). Sounds like an bug and/or oversight when the coders programmed the AI resorts.

As for fluctuating income, Distant Worlds UI is terrible, which kinda makes sense given the complexity of the engine and the smallness of the staff, and never provides sufficient detail of any income modifiers. I just live with it. I've seen my resort income fluctuate from 8k to 138k with no change in diplomacy or the # of resorts.

(in reply to thefinn12345)
Post #: 2
RE: commerce, medical and enertertainment. - 7/6/2014 4:27:27 PM   
thefinn12345

Yeah sorry regarding the resorts, I was thinking ahead that if there is some kind of benefit to having more than a single commerce or entertainment module - should I change the rest of my resorts - keep in mind I found 3 commerce on the default build ... for whatever reason? Mistake ?

(in reply to Ceorl)
Post #: 3
RE: commerce, medical and enertertainment. - 7/6/2014 4:41:33 PM   
Sindri

Hi, it is most likely a mistake, only one module is needed to provide bonus for the station. More of them will only act as a spare ones if others will be destroyed during the battle and there is still at least one working.

(in reply to thefinn12345)
Post #: 4
RE: commerce, medical and enertertainment. - 7/6/2014 4:51:20 PM   
thefinn12345

Cool, thanks for the clarification.

(in reply to Sindri)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> commerce, medical and enertertainment. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI