Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/28/2014 1:37:54 PM   
Jeeves

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blackstork

Another option for bigger ships and build speed is Archei. They are spy race with exactly big ships and rapid construction speed. They have full pack of stuff, they are very picky about ice planets and as Ackdarians fight for good guys (they are The Alliance intelligence guys)

Hmm that sounds VERY interesting, in that case I'll probably play THEM!

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 451
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/28/2014 2:04:32 PM   
Blackstork

Great. the only thing Archei are missing is unique UI which will be released tomorrow.
Also they one of first races which will have expanded full pedia entry with group logos and group lore texts (also in A.62 meant for tomorrow)

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/28/2014 3:13:06 PM >

(in reply to Jeeves)
Post #: 452
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/29/2014 2:26:07 AM   
Euler

I'm playing as Veey now which I am really enjoying. One thing that is frustrating though is the gravity area weapon, the Y-discharger. I love having it as an uber-weapon on my big ships but the ship AI doesn't understand that it is a gravity area weapon and keeps flying my friendlies into the gravity wells. As a result my fleets are damaged by friendly fire all the time. I am just wondering if there is a better way to use a gravity area weapon or if it is something I have to learn to live with.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 453
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/29/2014 5:04:57 AM   
Blackstork

The problem here is general game's AI behaviour with game's Area weapons (any of them). You cant setup and limit its usage, and assign formations that will allow its safe usage (this features lack atm and i hope may be game devs will invest here more work ) , only thing you have is to learn to control your fleet position towards enemy fleet. This means while it is really powerful, you need to learn to use it to minimaze own fleet damage, micromanage ship positions etc. Y-Discharger is really powerful, but it is quite balanced assuming that you need to invest alot of thought about your fleet positioning, timing etc. You can improve and make your ships safer with precise timing/positioning etc.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/29/2014 6:07:54 AM >

(in reply to Euler)
Post #: 454
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/29/2014 2:30:42 PM   
Blackstork

Work ongoing on A.62, i am not sure even f i will be bale to finish it today.

Here some final stuff, it will be also mirrored on forums in race descriptions making OP post sort of small informative pedia

Ingame (pedia) logos: (used on dark ingame pedia background thus linking it)
http://imgur.com/McAfgeP

Forums - race descritpion.

Please note that i already adding icons to OP informative part. (little by little)

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/29/2014 4:05:34 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 455
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/29/2014 8:43:55 PM   
hewwo

I'm really liking your GUI icons! Actually, I'm going to download your mod right now and play it for a bit:)

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 456
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/29/2014 8:50:05 PM   
Blackstork

Archei UI done (part of upcoming A.62)
Was quite complex - took all evening, together with my late business and some underwater stones and balancing needed i am postponing A.62 to wensday. Sorry guysm buts its needed and i have RL stuff.

Archei will have also new expanded art pedia entry in A.62
dont forget that stripes preview are much blurred compared to real game appearance (due conversion process of low res picture)

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/29/2014 9:51:30 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 457
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/29/2014 8:56:54 PM   
Blackstork

quote:

ORIGINAL: hewwo

I'm really liking your GUI icons! Actually, I'm going to download your mod right now and play it for a bit:)

I also hope it wont be "for a bit" :P
I trying to create somethign that will do "one.more.turn" thingy (its old Civ meme) to the players.
Enjoy your stay. Dont forget to install soundtracks. They really add immersion for each race.
I can say even i trying to compile and create with own doings DW i would like to play :)

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/29/2014 9:58:45 PM >

(in reply to hewwo)
Post #: 458
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/29/2014 9:00:14 PM   
CyclopsSlayer

I can't wait for this to be finished. So well done so far.
Especially if it does roll in with the Tech ReDo

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 459
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/29/2014 9:04:50 PM   
Blackstork

quote:

ORIGINAL: CyclopsSlayer

I can't wait for this to be finished. So well done so far.
Especially if it does roll in with the Tech ReDo

Thanks! You are invitred to try it now, its very rich and playable right now (tho is not final, obcourse, since alot art remained to do, and not all races character systems/depth overhaul done.).

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/29/2014 10:06:20 PM >

(in reply to CyclopsSlayer)
Post #: 460
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/30/2014 7:38:30 PM   
Blackstork

I've been busy at start of the week and now i advancing with update and do alot of stuff but some things took much more time than i suspected. Additionally there need to balance and polish, and etc. A.62 will be released before this weekend (this is final 100% eta)
There will be no patches till i return from my 2 week holiday
A.62 will finalize soundtrack package, implement new design for pedias which is very rich for few races, Wiki informative style of OP post, and offer new 3 quite interesting character systems for Teekan, Zenox and Mortalen (they are quite complex, at least modding -wise)
Once i will arrive (last week of october) from holiday (i will be able to read and post on forums but wont be able to mod/draw) i will release some more advanced ui overhaul, more (alot of) CS and their GALs and pedias in new style, as well Some intersting Art feature (i will keep it secret and blurry for now).
I think i will make quite nice progress on the mod in November. I hope then there will be some advancement with research mod of lurchi, and i hope the mod will enter final release in December if all goes well and will have lurchis work integrated, after it been tested and polished. Then it will be art/balance polish, informative enhancement and character unique face art work . (Which is very ambitious project by its own), past 1.0 release

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/30/2014 9:16:51 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 461
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 10/2/2014 12:08:15 AM   
Azuran

If this megamod has lots constant changes have you thought of using Tortoise Svn?

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 462
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 10/2/2014 4:07:31 AM   
Blackstork

I do not know what is Tortoise SVn, thanks for mentioning it, i will check it.

(in reply to Azuran)
Post #: 463
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 10/2/2014 4:33:46 AM   
Azuran

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blackstork

I do not know what is Tortoise SVn, thanks for mentioning it, i will check it.

It was extremely popular in the Civilization IV modding community and is powered by Sourceforge. It allowed multiple modders to modify and upload files to a cloud server and compared changes, but it might not be needed for you since you have a small mod team.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=429816&page=1

< Message edited by Azuran -- 10/2/2014 5:37:26 AM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 464
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 10/2/2014 5:10:05 AM   
Blackstork

I actually modded quite some for civ 4 (it was my first game I modded for DW being second) but never heard or used it.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 10/2/2014 6:12:22 AM >

(in reply to Azuran)
Post #: 465
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 10/2/2014 5:29:30 AM   
Sirian

I can only recommend using a cvs (whatever brand, I personally use tortoise, too) if you are working on a project that has evolving versions. On my projects, I work alone and still use it, since it is sometimes very good to be able to retrace some steps you realized were done in a wrong direction. A cvs will support you in such a case.

The good think with tortoise is that you can setup a "private" system (just you as single user on your pc) without really needing a server.

But now I will stop rerailing your thread... :-)

Regards,
Sirian

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 466
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 10/2/2014 10:44:20 AM   
Blackstork

Its OK mate. I like any conversation which could improve the mod or ways to deliver it to player.

Another general message: Release will be tomorrow. Soundtrack final package will be published even earlier and will be divided to 3 parts due big total volume and in order to ease download for people with weaker connection.

New designs for pedias are done for 5 races which are very extended, re-written by SirFinbar and contain immersive lore descriptions he made for each race's character system group. All what is lest is some work on character systems and their gals, which are quite spicy.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 10/2/2014 11:46:26 AM >

(in reply to Sirian)
Post #: 467
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 10/2/2014 2:22:13 PM   
CyclopsSlayer

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 468
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 10/2/2014 3:34:01 PM   
dejagore

Can't wait for next release. Honestly - this modpack is like DistantWorlds 2.0. Great job by all modpack authors

(in reply to CyclopsSlayer)
Post #: 469
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 10/2/2014 3:59:53 PM   
Blackstork

Thanks for your kind words and support. I glad that our dedicated work makes it into hearts of the people. More to come. Honestly I hope DW2 won't come too soon but later and it will be really modern and decent while supermod we aim to assemble will be relevant for some good timespan augmented by support and patches from devs.
Cheers :)

(in reply to dejagore)
Post #: 470
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 10/3/2014 7:14:54 AM   
fruitgnome

How it is possible to disable a race complete, I need my 4-5 own ships families folder. So I want to disable 2 or 3 races.
Why you used real photos for the humans character system. Does the character system also work if I delete these pictures or how I get rid of these, by chinging to other looking pictures and if yes is one picture enough or have I to change all? THX and your mod is great. The changing in music playing is a really imersive thing!

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 471
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 10/3/2014 7:42:00 AM   
Blackstork

1. Disabling of a race needs removal it from races folder and as well from biases files. I do not advise to do so because of few reasons, but if you want thats the thing you need to remove. Other thing is that if you need to change ship sets just change them only.
2. Real photos for humans are placeholders. I didnt found other way to show intended design for humans without drawing them myself. They represent blood-line, sub-race system which will be in final design, which will use vector art i do in similarity to what Ergreagd have now. And You can not delete them, sorry, its too complex thing to replace. (You could do that by cgoing to characters/human.txt file and replacing each string's picture reference (about 500-600 strings) to reference to picture you want, which needed to be placed into images/units/characters - but thats could be quite a task)

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 10/3/2014 8:43:22 AM >

(in reply to fruitgnome)
Post #: 472
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 10/3/2014 8:32:07 AM   
stahlengel

You can replace the pictures in the folder "Beyond Extended Universe Alpha\images\units\characters" with the pictures you like, but you have to keep the names. I did that, but it was quite a work and took me an hour. with a good file tool it would be less.

Best regards

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 473
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 10/3/2014 9:21:43 AM   
Blackstork

I am sorry if you dont like realistic pictures for humans... this is fastest thing i could pull in order to make realistic visual difference between races (i used photos from Average Face project)
They will be replaces with authentic, vector-drawn ang generated , character-unique pictures after final release of all game-changing mechanics will be up (then it will be mainly polish and art filling)
Drawing character unique stuff like i did for Ergreagd is quite complex work which could be done once all Character systems and main features released. I'll prioritize Humans being one of first races to recieve unique art.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 10/3/2014 10:22:18 AM >

(in reply to stahlengel)
Post #: 474
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 10/3/2014 1:01:24 PM   
fruitgnome

quote:

ORIGINAL: stahlengel

You can replace the pictures in the folder "Beyond Extended Universe Alpha\images\units\characters" with the pictures you like, but you have to keep the names. I did that, but it was quite a work and took me an hour. with a good file tool it would be less.

Best regards

Could you please upload these files.

@Blackstork
Why do you not use the fantastic human picture from the extended mod, the race pic you already use in your mod and place only a symbol on it.
I find it more immersive if you see not really persons than an avatar pic, so the people are showing positions in government/fraction and not a unique person. I mean you play 100 years and more in a game and you have all the time the same ambassador, hmm . Maybe you think of my idea. THX for your fantastic work!

< Message edited by fruitgnome -- 10/3/2014 2:06:00 PM >

(in reply to stahlengel)
Post #: 475
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 10/3/2014 1:09:11 PM   
Blackstork

All races will have art done like Ergreagd have now (drawn illustration, bit cartoony, stylized picture, which will be UNIQUE for each single character in the game (yes, each character will have unique face))
Same will go for humans. I thought that representing humans with familiar face features difference will be better for people.
They will have both signs and unique faces. I might do something like in Beyond Earth - 6 - 8 factions with logos.

(in reply to fruitgnome)
Post #: 476
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 10/3/2014 1:37:55 PM   
fruitgnome

Did you mean all *biases* files to disable a race?

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 477
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 10/3/2014 1:40:47 PM   
stahlengel

Do net get mir wrong. I love your work, and the concept, but personlly perfere a darker art style (for humans). To be honsest I am lingering around in this forum to wait for your 6.2.

I am not shure if I can upload the files. I raided deviantart.com for the pics and can not even name the artists who made the pics.
Even if this would be no problem I simply do not have a webspace and never hosted any upload.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 478
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 10/3/2014 1:44:46 PM   
Blackstork

yes. You need to remove races from there, and its quite complex - because you will need to remove certain column and row which coressponds to that race, this means editing 46 strings in correct places

(in reply to fruitgnome)
Post #: 479
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 10/3/2014 1:50:14 PM   
fruitgnome

quote:

ORIGINAL: stahlengel

Do net get mir wrong. I love your work, and the concept, but personlly perfere a darker art style (for humans). To be honsest I am lingering around in this forum to wait for your 6.2.

I am not shure if I can upload the files. I raided deviantart.com for the pics and can not even name the artists who made the pics.
Even if this would be no problem I simply do not have a webspace and never hosted any upload.

THX & np. Then I will replace them with the normal extended pic.

@Blackstork and the developers
WE NEED MORE THAN 50 RACES!!! PLS!!!

@only Blackstork please if they raise the cap, left 5 families ship folders for the players race and don't reach again the race cap!

< Message edited by fruitgnome -- 10/3/2014 5:20:50 PM >

(in reply to stahlengel)
Post #: 480
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI