Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod Page: <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/22/2014 4:20:03 PM   
dvr

Well, I can tell you for a fact: for a father, husband, employee and a student 300 hrs it is a lot.

(in reply to SirFinbar)
Post #: 541
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/22/2014 9:06:56 PM   
Bingeling

I started a rather failed game with the Such-Oos as race. Random draw sucks :)

Most expensive research and pre-warp was too much. Anyways, I noticed they have tech focus on missiles, but don't use them. That seems rather contradictory.

(in reply to dvr)
Post #: 542
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/22/2014 9:41:21 PM   
Blackstork

Welcome to the club! :)
Such-Oos are actually funny pick.
And no, they do not specialize on missiles. They have bad weapon research and they use phasers mainly. Please read their info at end of OP of this thread it serves as small wiki and it gives a lot of hints what they are about. They are special and played as diplomacy manipulators and private sector cash-milkers. Their weapons are their incredible diplomats and very strong hi-tech research field specialization. I think you misread something if you refer to them as missile users.
Cheers
Ah and you should consider their big cons. Construction speed and very weak troops. As huge pros they combine diplomacy manipulation, rapid incredible hitech research, huge private sector advantages which could result in superior economy combining their pop growth and tax bonus, if been played towards pan-galactic such-oosian trade network.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 10/22/2014 10:48:49 PM >

(in reply to ParagonExile)
Post #: 543
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/23/2014 6:32:44 AM   
Darknote

Tried your modpack for a deeper immersion and after a 15h match I can say I am quite delighted and disgusted with it.
Pro's:
-Everything.
Cons:
-Human Character's faces. What is up with that? I'm sorry but they are just ugly as hell. As a sole human player (Humanity **** yeah!) I am severely disappointed by those *things* they have on their shoulders and heads, what are those, sailors uniforms from Sailor Moon? Can someone actually place some very nice character images? Please?

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 544
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/23/2014 7:58:23 AM   
Bingeling

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blackstork

And no, they do not specialize on missiles. They have bad weapon research and they use phasers mainly. Please read their info at end of OP of this thread it serves as small wiki and it gives a lot of hints what they are about. They are special and played as diplomacy manipulators and private sector cash-milkers. Their weapons are their incredible diplomats and very strong hi-tech research field specialization. I think you misread something if you refer to them as missile users.

What points to them as missile users is their empire policy that has missile research as a tech focus. It does not matter, though, as the research order seems to be hard coded a very long way into the game.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 545
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/23/2014 12:07:43 PM   
Icemania

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

quote:

What points to them as missile users is their empire policy that has missile research as a tech focus. It does not matter, though, as the research order seems to be hard coded a very long way into the game.

Yep, Research Tech Focus is not used, the Research Orders are key, with one exception ... on a normal start it's used during setup to determine starting technologies. That said, not all selection provides the first tier of research in that area. In the case of the Such-Oos the first Research Tech Focus is Phasers. Missiles are there for some races only because later in the order they will Point Defence.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 546
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/23/2014 2:52:06 PM   
Blackstork

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darknote

Tried your modpack for a deeper immersion and after a 15h match I can say I am quite delighted and disgusted with it.
Pro's:
-Everything.
Cons:
-Human Character's faces. What is up with that? I'm sorry but they are just ugly as hell. As a sole human player (Humanity **** yeah!) I am severely disappointed by those *things* they have on their shoulders and heads, what are those, sailors uniforms from Sailor Moon? Can someone actually place some very nice character images? Please?

Hello and wellcome!
I have good news for you, those human pics will be gone and human race will experience complete overhaul and will have 12 CS groups, and will be the most complex character system in the game at next major update, A.7 (fisrt part of nov)
Their pics will be firstly done as other races, and then will follow Ergreagd fashion as unique per-character vector drawn illustrations with unique face each one. (thet wont come soon tho)
So, as i understand your only con will be gone in a.7 and i am happy to know that :)
Cheers

Sidenote: i returned from my holiday. In thet time SirFinbar made some amazing lore entries for some races and their groups, big chunk of CS/lore/pedia content is coming in first part of november.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 10/23/2014 3:53:11 PM >

(in reply to Darknote)
Post #: 547
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/23/2014 4:44:24 PM   
Darknote

Oh! That's wonderful! Can't wait for that!

Thanks a lot for yours and your friends' effort on this magnificent mod!

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 548
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/25/2014 6:06:34 PM   
Blackstork

Ok, i won my fist game as Trancendental Kavithian Harmony in Beyond Earth, time to get back to humans of Beyond Extended Universe :)
Excel file with human factions and their parameters will be aviable tomorrow.

(in reply to Darknote)
Post #: 549
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/26/2014 12:03:35 PM   
Blackstork

Here we go, consolidated spreadsheet on upcoming Human race factions:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wiGyHE9p5nBYR-tmJYyZRr_QvCKUe9gU4KCSuoUWluc/edit?usp=sharing

Ah, and seems i missed some appreciation posts!
Thank you guys for your support, its appreciated, Luv U.
Cheers

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 10/26/2014 1:09:53 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 550
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/26/2014 1:06:52 PM   
Bingeling

How will the human factions work? If they are new races, they are a huge turn-off.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 551
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/26/2014 1:21:09 PM   
Blackstork

No, they are not new races, obcourse. I've stated already how they will work. This is solely Character system feature.
They will work as CS groups (normal races have 2-5 groups with/without non-group pool, humans will have 12 and nbo "no-group" pool), like other CS groups for other races.
They will be lore/character customisation/tuning feature for one and only Human race. All characters will belong to one of 12 factions, and depending on what goverement you pick and what cheracter set you have your human empire might be very different from human empire in your previous/next game. Player can have different human race if it being ruled by different humans. Humans are just so diverse :)
To people who skip character micromaqnagement this feature will be invisible. This feature only defines character set of Humans as a Beyond race which have race-specific Character system.

Probably if we cooperate with illanite they and their art will go later to augment his Unity mod which will have human-only factions. For Beyond they are just CS groups.

The file lirealy says that according to % stated in % column you have different leaders/governors/generals/other roles characters, which bear their faction credentials/logo and related bonuses connecting faction background with characters bonuses.
This also means that Human race have most flexible CS which will cover most of the bonuses among 12 factions of its CS.

As example if we take Pan-Asian Conglomerate, their charatcers will be 11% of human race characters pool, their leaders/governors will provide bonuses inspired / influenced/ synergized with Beyond Corporate Nationalism goverment (re)design and often bear industrial bonuses, bear their faction related positive and negative traits, their generals will almost always have Armor Strength and Troop Maintenance bonuses, and their Espionage/Diplomacy character will be matched to Competitive/Reserved attitude.
12 Factions means 12 different patterns for character skill/trait allocation, per each separate character role.
Dlakar have 2 groups and non-group pool, Securans have 4 groups, Mortalens have 6, Humans will have 12.

This create unlimited epic/story-play/game synergy and strategy combinations with humans.

You cant control correlation between character/goverment in term to force goverment if certain characteter comes to leadership because of lack of modding features, but you can force it with providing neglecting bonuses/making them fit/unfit synergy wise.

Obcourse the final point if full character diversification as been made for Ergreagd, where each charatcer (vector-art illustrated and generated with ergies tool from portrait part banks i draw/tune for each group) will have unique face and bear some things related to his charatcer group, for example, same PAC characters will be mainly asian or indian, with some exlusions, bearing their uniforms, while The Caliphate will look properly for guys who are following Islamic religion and mainly originatig from middle east states.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 10/26/2014 3:10:01 PM >

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 552
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/26/2014 3:14:29 PM   
Bingeling

Thanks for the answer. I don't enjoy the character part, so I won't be bothered :) Nor do I tend to play humans...

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 553
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/26/2014 3:20:50 PM   
Blackstork

Characters are still esential part of Beyond changes, and even if you do not micromanage them, their race-specific designs influence each race gameplay subtly, but heavilly. They allow to customize the race more, tune it according your needs/style, add alot of flavor and race gameplay difference, and make each race (except perhaps Humans, at general scope (single case character set for Humans could be still heavilly specialized)) more specialized, and allow to player who have understanding of race-specific CS to min-max his gameplay and possible to get the maximum from the race with certain character micromanagement, which grade from being critical to nuissance depending on race you play.

Humans , within this myriad of races will look like guys with most diverse, flexible, fat character system, which can offer anything that exists in character skills scope, but have cons of being random and not so controllable , because if you need leader of some low populated faction, the change you get him are slim, since dismissing could not really be so effective as it for factions with fewer groups.
So each game for them will be very different, and thru game you can get any skill bonus you need if you have enough of luck, but it will be hard to control and specialize, because of such diversity, and will be certainly often more viable to play with the leader you got , because you never know what could be next.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 10/26/2014 4:29:33 PM >

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 554
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/27/2014 9:39:12 AM   
Blackstork

Ok Civ:BE sucks and i am back to full scale development starting from todays evening.
A.7 planned on 2nd week of november (between 7-14.11)
New update will (probably, i will try to make all those things in) include:
1. 8 CS : Phaerax, Banoserit, Atuuk, Yor, Human, XHuman, Yl'ta, Lipid
2. 4+ new pedia entries with extensive lore articles by SirFinbar and fancy icons design, ones that are ready are: Dhayut, Dlakar, Securan, Zadaj. SirFinbar continue his work so perhaps there will be more entries done for release.
3. 2-4 UI designs. (Will be exposed before release date) Plans are for those races UI: Zadaj, Yl'ta, Phaerax, Yereni
4. GALs for some of released / a.7 Character Systems.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 555
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/28/2014 7:12:58 AM   
xepooqu80

Hi!
First of all great work.. i have been enjoying your mod so much and i am recently playing it over Icemania ai mod since you incorporated it
Quick question:
- Which version of Icemania AI improvement mod are you going to have in A7. ? 1.03 ?
- For races not in Extended and thus not touched (as far as i know) by Icemania in term of research order/design/ecc did you do on your own some modification in line with what Icemania did or they are more "vanilla" (i.e. design not optimized for large size, research order not optimized, ecc) ?

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 556
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/28/2014 7:50:45 AM   
Blackstork

Hello and wellcome.
Once i started incorporation of Icemanias work i studied everything he did and i used that knowledge to build the new races which are unique for Beyond and do not appear in AI mod , according to their lore/my design vision, so all their AI features are inline with other races (ship designs/policies/research queues)
The version which is incorporated is 1.03 (it was 1.02, but 1.03 have minor fix which i did on my own (planet time construction time bug) so it is actually exactly the 1.03). 1.03 already incorporated into A.62 which is current release. The 1.02 mark on release information is actually 1.03 because of that change which been made by my own before Icemania released same correction as 1.03
Cheers :)

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 10/28/2014 8:52:15 AM >

(in reply to xepooqu80)
Post #: 557
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/30/2014 4:07:47 PM   
razanon

hi Blackstork

i have a problema, i just installed all stuff following instructions correctly.

i want to play Mortalen but i have two issues.

1: always (no matter race i choose my ui its from Suchoo race)
2: only i can choose estándar goverment types.

im playing with custom galaxy.

thx in advance

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 558
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/30/2014 5:06:41 PM   
Blackstork

Something wrong, and I need more info and details how you installed the stuff. Could you please make screenshot of your mod "images/ui/chrome/mortalen folder. Mortalen have own Ui and it is working on my side perfectly.
There 18 races which do not have their custom UI so they use version of Such-oos ui (but its different) as placeholder. Custom races his are still WIP
You can track uis in 2nd post in this thread. There 28 races done. 18 are waiting.
Also please attach the mortalen.txt file from mod races folder. They should have some gvmnt options.
thanks.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 10/30/2014 6:11:11 PM >

(in reply to razanon)
Post #: 559
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/30/2014 7:10:39 PM   
razanon

quote:

Something wrong, and I need more info and details how you installed the stuff. Could you please make screenshot of your mod "images/ui/chrome/mortalen folder. Mortalen have own Ui and it is working on my side perfectly.
There 18 races which do not have their custom UI so they use version of Such-oos ui (but its different) as placeholder. Custom races his are still WIP
You can track uis in 2nd post in this thread. There 28 races done. 18 are waiting.
Also please attach the mortalen.txt file from mod races folder. They should have some gvmnt options.
thanks.

its correct, but in game im seeing sochoo one.

i create custom universe... maybe mmm maybe its windows 8 and permissions!

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 560
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/30/2014 7:26:47 PM   
Blackstork

No. The game should work perfectly in those regards. And you should have mortalen UI working if you play mortalen. (I is working perfectly on 3 of my computers, which have W8 and etc)
What game version you use?
Could you please do what i asked and make screenshot of that directory i asked about, that will help to find the issue on your side.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 10/30/2014 8:27:27 PM >

(in reply to razanon)
Post #: 561
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/30/2014 7:51:11 PM   
razanon

was a game versión problema related. now ui its ok, but still goverments are the same

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 562
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/30/2014 7:59:21 PM   
Blackstork

Could you explain goverments problem? What is it?
Mortalen should have multiple govemrnets available.
Some races have own restricted goverment but mortalen do not.

(in reply to razanon)
Post #: 563
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/30/2014 8:02:07 PM   
Blackstork

what means estándar? according to translation it means "normal". You shoudl not have any new govemrents as Mortalens. New goverments are for some other races. The specifics of any goverment Mortalens could take are in their character system, so their democrats will be different from democrats of humans or such-oos.
there will be bit more of goverments in a.7 to spice up the game and humans specificly, but generallly speaking Mortalens should have normal goverment set.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 10/30/2014 9:03:30 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 564
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/30/2014 8:04:15 PM   
razanon

so problem solved. thx a lot friend

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 565
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/30/2014 8:05:05 PM   
Blackstork

Np! Happy to help! You are wellcome.! :)

(in reply to razanon)
Post #: 566
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/30/2014 8:11:26 PM   
Blackstork

Small note. A.7 moved abit further (approx 18-20 nov.) and will include mure things that i recently mentioned in patch note dev blog post.
The reason is that i trying to push more material released before i will be in some absence due my total anticipation of incoming Dragons Age : Inquisition release, with which i will want to have my joy and time. Its release for me is 21.11.14 and once it is up i will have my time to enjoy it and go through it few times on few difficulities and rumble in multiplayer. So i want more material released before some other small break.
Additionally to neoted patch notes there will be few more goverements and more 1 character system. This will be really big update and biggest Character system patch up to date including 9 new character systems with 1 of them being really complex, 4 ui designs, few new rewrited , extensive and designed pedias, few new govemrments.
I will also release few GALs before the update, and after it (i will be doing GALs during that DA:I period)

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 567
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/30/2014 9:36:38 PM   
PsyKoSnake

Black, you remeber me some years ago, when i was not able to wait before buying a game ;)

Now I am more like: Why should I buy it now when it's full price and i dont have time to play. when i can wait 1 year, buy it for half the price and be able to play:P

2 years ago, I bought like 20 game on steam during holiday... I have like 16 of them i never played:P Dont have time lol

< Message edited by PsyKoSnake -- 10/30/2014 10:38:22 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 568
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/31/2014 12:39:58 AM   
Blackstork

Nah, DA:I going to be epic game, and i am anticipating it very much. It also have MP. But i will satisfy my desires to dive into its immersion (and i like nice stories and immersive stuff), and will be back, i just will be active after its release, gathing more inspiration for final push before final release and CS finishing, last UI push, and unique character art which will be after the mod become full release... plus any integration that will come when lurchis lurchis work. That will be also big project for me, him and Icemania.
Now i am hungry for DA:I, and it also somewhat influences my modding capabilities. When my hunger will be satisfied it will power push again :P
And, anyways, a.7 will be quite big and will contain alot of my work (CS / Art mainly)

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 10/31/2014 1:41:08 AM >

(in reply to PsyKoSnake)
Post #: 569
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 10/31/2014 3:22:35 AM   
dvr

I need to say that a lot of professional developers can learn something from the way you communicate with your player-base. It is very rare indeed.
Enjoy the new DA! I'm looking forward to it as well.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 570
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod Page: <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI