Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Universe

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Universe Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/4/2014 9:19:56 PM   
ehsumrell1

Hello LordTareq, and welcome to the forums! Thank you for the kind words of support as well!

At present, I am in the middle of preparing Version 2.0 of the Picard Era mod for pre-release
testing by our Trek Team. Currently, I have received and have considered many requests for more
race-specific items. I have complied with some, but not all. It's a time consuming project for
me, and those that know me know my favorite response to most requests. "The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few...or the one".

Once version 2.0 is released, I think everyone will agree that there have been many great additions
and improvements to version 1.0. Without spoiling too much, I will say this; there are quite a few
race specific techs, weapons, facilities and new governments added in version 2.0. There are also
more minor races added, static and non-static, which will enhance gameplay and affect the way one
addresses strategy. Play balance has been addressed and will be more challenging as some of the less
peaceful races (the Borg as an example) have been buffed and toughened. I'll give you one spoiler,
Species 8472 is present in the game (Don't tell anyone I said that...I'll plead the 'fifth')!

To answer one of your questions, yes, the attack value entry in each race file is the main way to
modify a races overall troop strength. But remember, and don't overlook the fact that in our mod, each
races troop strength is also affected by the game's character system. Klingon, Reman, Jem'Hadar and
Gorn troops for instance are going to be stronger than Bajoran, Ferengi and Ktarian troops for example.
But in addition to the racial trait makeup, the races character rosters will affect troops as well.
For example, I'll take 5 Romulan Heavy Centurions with a Troop General that has 30% increased ground
attack trait against 15 Dominion Jem'Hadar Troops every time. So although you can 'adjust' the stat
in the race files be cautious, because the balance can definitely change. This also may be one of the
reasons you see some of the troop enhancement techs acting differently. Just a thought!

Again, thanks for the compliment, and to answer your next question, I hope to release Version 2.0 at
some point later within this month.

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to LordTareq)
Post #: 121
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/4/2014 9:55:29 PM   
Hunter20nov

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

Again, thanks for the compliment, and to answer your next question, I hope to release Version 2.0 at
some point later within this month.

Thats good News

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 122
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/4/2014 10:42:40 PM   
fruitgnome

Has this mod an update since release of V1.0?

(in reply to Hunter20nov)
Post #: 123
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/4/2014 11:26:09 PM   
zoommooz11

quote:

ORIGINAL: fruitgnome

Has this mod an update since release of V1.0?

Not trying to be rude, but one post above yours answers the question. Its no, put probably some time this month.

(in reply to fruitgnome)
Post #: 124
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/4/2014 11:34:40 PM   
fruitgnome

Hmm, maybe it's too late but I can't read there that there was no little update. Only that V2.0 will come.

(in reply to zoommooz11)
Post #: 125
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/5/2014 12:46:33 AM   
ehsumrell1

No fruitgnome, no update(s).
There is only Version 1.0. Version 2.0 is work in progress and we hope to have it ready for
release soon. With the complexities of Distant Worlds, I'm not a fan of putting out numerous
bit and pieces updates. Don't get me wrong, I'm not belittling that method, it's just not for
me. I like to put all the pieces in place, test abundantly, then release. All of our Star Trek
mod releases plan to be the same format (i.e Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, etc.).

(in reply to fruitgnome)
Post #: 126
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/5/2014 2:10:33 AM   
Bloodly

While you're at it then, fix the 'key not found' in the building screen. Both for Range and Fighter Firepower.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 127
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/5/2014 3:05:57 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bloodly

While you're at it then, fix the 'key not found' in the building screen. Both for Range and Fighter Firepower.

Bloodly, I normally don't respond to rude, sarcastic or negatively stated posts like yours was. But
I decided to in this case because a "key not found" error is usually a syntax error in the 'GameText'
file. I believe you may be confused as to which mod thread you are in. In our Star Trek The Picard Era
mod version 1.0, I never touched fighters, fighter weapons, or their capabilities. Meaning that the
GameText file we use in our mod is still 'virgin' in the areas addressing the aforementioned areas.
To date, I nor any of our Trek Team have ever experienced or have report of that error.

It's seems that you either have a corrupted GameText file (which I highly doubt for you would have
other errors as well) or did you try to incorporate some other research type mod? Nevertheless, there
are five references to fighter firepower and range in the GameText file that could cause the problem
you have described.

It also would be helpful to maintain a straightforwardly civil attitude when posting in the forums.
You'll get a much better response to your posts.

< Message edited by ehsumrell1 -- 10/5/2014 4:06:35 AM >

(in reply to Bloodly)
Post #: 128
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/5/2014 10:36:57 AM   
LordTareq

Thanks for your reply to my post ehsumrell1 I'm looking forward to version 2.0!

As for the error Bloodly reported in a not quite so nice way, I have the same one. After your above post I looked up and compared the vanilla & Picard era GameText files, and in my case the Picard era GameText file was missing the following entries at the end:

Range Shortest/Longest ;Range Shortest/Longest
Fighter Firepower ;Fighter Firepower

Hope this helps!

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 129
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/5/2014 6:14:35 PM   
Hunter20nov

quote:

ORIGINAL: LordTareq

As for the error Bloodly reported in a not quite so nice way, I have the same one. After your above post I looked up and compared the vanilla & Picard era GameText files, and in my case the Picard era GameText file was missing the following entries at the end:

Hope this helps!

I have the same Problem with the error Text. But it is a little Problem i can live with this at the moment.

< Message edited by Hunter20nov -- 10/5/2014 7:16:38 PM >

(in reply to LordTareq)
Post #: 130
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/5/2014 9:43:59 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: LordTareq

Hope this helps!

Thanks LordTareq;
I reviewed the Version 1.0 Release Candidate GameText file for our Picard Era mod update version
1.9.5.8. It has the last two line entries. The only thing I can figure is that the DW update 1.9.5.7
must not have those two lines added and somehow overwrote the GameText file, as this is the first I've
heard of it. Did you download the mod from the MediaFire site or the Strategy Informer site, just
curious as to how to track this down.

I just looked to ascertain if our Version 2.0 GameText file has those line entries and it does. So
if anyone does not have those two line entries (highlighted below) please just copy and paste them
into the bottom of the GameText.txt file in your "DW Universe-ST Picard Era" root directory and it
will solve this simple problem.

< Message edited by ehsumrell1 -- 10/5/2014 10:45:55 PM >

(in reply to LordTareq)
Post #: 131
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/5/2014 11:13:28 PM   
LordTareq

quote:

Thanks LordTareq;
I reviewed the Version 1.0 Release Candidate GameText file for our Picard Era mod update version
1.9.5.8. It has the last two line entries. The only thing I can figure is that the DW update 1.9.5.7
must not have those two lines added and somehow overwrote the GameText file, as this is the first I've
heard of it. Did you download the mod from the MediaFire site or the Strategy Informer site, just
curious as to how to track this down.

I just looked to ascertain if our Version 2.0 GameText file has those line entries and it does. So
if anyone does not have those two line entries (highlighted below) please just copy and paste them
into the bottom of the GameText.txt file in your "DW Universe-ST Picard Era" root directory and it
will solve this simple problem.

No problem. I downloaded the mod from the alternative link, maybe the issue lies there :)

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 132
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/10/2014 4:18:11 PM   
mulahey

Hi ehsumrell!

I just registered an account here so I could thank you for this wonderful mod! Im looking forward to version 2.0 very much! If I may I would like to make a small suggestion. Please add more music tracks to the next version. Dunno about copyright issies but the first one that comes to mind is the famous and soothing "Picard flute solo"... Keep up the superb job and thank you again good sir!

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 133
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/10/2014 7:40:34 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: mulahey

Hi ehsumrell!

I just registered an account here so I could thank you for this wonderful mod! Im looking forward to version 2.0 very much! If I may I would like to make a small suggestion. Please add more music tracks to the next version. Dunno about copyright issies but the first one that comes to mind is the famous and soothing "Picard flute solo"... Keep up the superb job and thank you again good sir!

Hello mulahey, welcome to the DW forums!

Thank you for your kind words! Yes, Version 2.0 is a work in progress. I am adding more Star Trek themed
music tracks to 2.0 once I get permission. It's ironic that you mention Picard's flute solo, one, I watched that
episode just the other night on NetFlix, and two, afterward I said to myself that would be
a good piece to use for Federation diplomacy...after ending a war for instance! I'll see what I can do!

I was trying to have Version 2.0 ready soon, but I have to do some more tweaking and testing now that
Elliot has put out a new DW update for Universe (1.9.5.9) which I expected. Especially in the area of
characters (now that the random appearance order bug is fixed).

It is players like you mulahey and many others who we aim to please in our efforts! I'm pleased that we
have had our mod downloaded thousands of times over two sites and everyone seems to be pleased with our
results.

(in reply to mulahey)
Post #: 134
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/11/2014 11:12:53 AM   
zoommooz11

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: mulahey

Hi ehsumrell!

Hello mulahey, welcome to the DW forums!

Thank you for your kind words! Yes, Version 2.0 is a work in progress. I am adding more Star Trek themed
music tracks to 2.0 once I get permission. It's ironic that you mention Picard's flute solo, one, I watched that
episode just the other night on NetFlix, and two, afterward I said to myself that would be
a good piece to use for Federation diplomacy...after ending a war for instance! I'll see what I can do!

I was trying to have Version 2.0 ready soon, but I have to do some more tweaking and testing now that
Elliot has put out a new DW update for Universe (1.9.5.9) which I expected. Especially in the area of
characters (now that the random appearance order bug is fixed).

It is players like you mulahey and many others who we aim to please in our efforts! I'm pleased that we
have had our mod downloaded thousands of times over two sites and everyone seems to be pleased with our
results.

Eagerly anticipating this, especially a more divergent tech tree. IMHO, the more different (and canon) the races the better.

Just a quick general question (it may be a vanilla one, but as I have never played it-so sure). It seems that many of the techs/components are not really worth while. An example (and the are many of these) is in the damage control/repair bots section.

Why would you ever follow the S2F4 RepairBot, when the S2F7 RepairBot way is shorter and better.

Same for many of the hyperdrives. The is two much similarity with speed vs charge up vs energy use.

It would be very easy to change these and make all of them a viable option (ie the absolute fastest could much greater energy, or be much larger.

Please don't take these as complaints, just trying to see the logic behind a tech tree that lacks diversity (relative to its possible diversity, not in absolute terms) but a game that has all the modability to put it in.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 135
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/12/2014 1:05:40 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: zoommooz11

...Just a quick general question (it may be a vanilla one, but as I have never played it-so sure). It seems that many of the techs/components are not really worth while. An example (and the are many of these) is in the damage control/repair bots section.

Why would you ever follow the S2F4 RepairBot, when the S2F7 RepairBot way is shorter and better.

Same for many of the hyperdrives. The is two much similarity with speed vs charge up vs energy use...

Hello zoommooz11, and thanks for your comments!

Yes, the tech tree in The Picard Era Version 1.0 mod is based off the original 'vanilla' tech tree. There
was not many changes/additions or deletions to the original tech tree for many reasons. What you may have
missed is that originally, we designed the mod so that it would be both compatible with, and playable with ALL
of the Distant World Universe gameplay options (except The Ancient Galaxy of course, which is its own mod),
especially Pre-Warp. I know that many true 'Trekkies' will bark and moan about it takes away from 'canon' and
'canon immersion'. Remember though, that we also had to take into account the DW game dynamics and how they work.
So being more 'canon exact' just isn't possible in numerous situations of how the game works.

In Version 2.0 we have corrected many of the tech pathing discrepancies (as you've noted above). For an
example, we have realigned the Damage Control tech line so that you go from standard Damage Control
modules to S2F4 Repairbots to S2F7 Repairbots. We also added certain race-specific projects to that,
and many other tech lines, new facilities, etcetera to Version 2.0. Hopefully, you'll see many new and game-
enhancing additions in Version 2.0 that will better your game play and immersion!

(in reply to zoommooz11)
Post #: 136
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/12/2014 3:31:59 AM   
tjhkkr

I just want to know when the Tech Tree will include SOMETHING to keep the androids out of my ale...
And no fair using Luxoina Troi as a weapon of Mass Destruction...

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 137
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/12/2014 4:19:50 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

I just want to know when the Tech Tree will include SOMETHING to keep the androids out of my ale...
And no fair using Luxoina Troi as a weapon of Mass Destruction...

Hi TJ!
The Trek Team is currently working on that project in our "Briar Patch Think Tank". The problem is
how to develop a Anti-Positronic-Coordinate-Locating-DATA-Deceiving-Cargobay-Cloaking ALEmonitor! Wish us luck on that!

Actually, our best bet is with Shark7's new Utopia Planitia Shipyard project that, when completed,
will build tremendous sized Star Destroyers complete with 'Anti-Android Defeater' tech! PM him for
completion date estimates!

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 138
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/12/2014 12:54:48 PM   
Brainsucker

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brainsucker

Can you help me? I want to put extra Federation shipset to the mod (I want to merge the TNG, TOS, and Enterprise era ships to the mod), can you tell me which shipset is free and can be used without any problem?

This sounds good as I start in the pre warp era too. Any way that you could post the altered file(s) and point me in the direction of the relevant graphics download?

Thanks

There are Kirk, Spock and Archer era mods in this forum. You can seek them and take the shipset, then choose the ships that you like and put it to this mod

(in reply to zoommooz11)
Post #: 139
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/15/2014 11:35:37 PM   
LordTareq

Just a little constructive/negative feedback after playing for quite a few hours now, don't take this the wrong way though as the mod is fantastic in itself and its obvious a lot of work went into it! However:

This may be a base-game issue but in all my games playing on Hard difficulty, after a couple of hours the AI is completely outclassed by my ships which makes the game far too easy. When a race declares war against me they send almost unlimited waves of fleets of decent composition, usually a mix of frigates, destroyers, some cruisers and some troop transports. But by comparison, where my ships at that point have roughly 3000 shields for frigates up to 5000 for capital ships the enemy ships only have between 600 and 1200 shields, and a fraction of the offensive power. Just a couple of my ships annihilate entire fleets. I've resorted to just donating my technologies to the other races to keep things somewhat interesting, but even that barely helps. :(

I also noticed that capital ships and large spaceports in the design template folder have multiple damage control components specified. Since damage control components do not stack, a single one should suffice.

< Message edited by LordTareq -- 10/16/2014 12:51:31 AM >

(in reply to Brainsucker)
Post #: 140
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/16/2014 4:42:50 AM   
ehsumrell1

Hello LordTareq;

Yes, in Version 1.0 it is a base game issue because none of the ship design template files were modified
in any way except by Elliot's updates. Our focus in Version 1.0 was largely cosmetic and adapting to
Universe standards in nature. My goal in Version 2.0 is to enhance the areas that weren't focused on
in 1.0 (Tech tree reorganization including Race-specific tech, Star Trek Themed Facilities, Components
including Race-Specific, ST-Themed Plagues, etc.), add more races, characters and shipsets, and most
definitely work on theme balance.

Concerning the multiple damage control components, true, they don't stack. But I personally do understand
(and use in my gameplay) multiple DC components as a backup.

It's my intent to not release Version 2.0 until I've added all the new items and races, completed a UFP
map for both 700 and 1400 stars, and most of all, be happy with the balance. For instance, Borg should be
(and usually are) mean, nasty and trying to assimilate everything in sight. Gorn, Breen, Reman and others
are mean, battle-hardened and tough. Among other things, basically a tougher AI but good play balance also.

So that's it for now. In closing LordTareq, we appreciate and expect both constructive criticism and on
occasion some praise. As a beta tester on Elliot's team believe me, I've got a tough skin. Mostly due
to the fact that if something is not understood or deciphered correctly, or the manual is not read, its
either a bug or a design flaw. Our Trek Team can handle it and often I anticipate it. That's why my
philosophy on modding this game falls under "the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few...or the one".

< Message edited by ehsumrell1 -- 10/16/2014 5:43:56 AM >

(in reply to LordTareq)
Post #: 141
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/17/2014 1:27:19 PM   
ghostikailo

Thank you so much for putting in all this hard work. I cant start to understand how long it must of took you, to write all that text, I see in some of the files. Distant worlds is already a great game, and you 100 percent made it alot better, just on the fact you changed it so not all the characters have the same pictures.
Really good work, and if it wasent for people such as your self in the PC gaming world, I think i would give up on it all together.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 142
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/17/2014 6:29:47 PM   
cookj71

Sorry if this is somewhere else, but search is failing me, at google and here. :(
I believe this is more of a DW issue than your awesome mod.
I am trying to play the borg, and I can not get borg to resettle to a conquered planet. There are just the enslaved inhabitants. I just end up with troops on a conquered planet.
I am pretty new to DW. I have tried things like even increasing the tax rate on highly populated planets to ridiculous amounts. I would guess I'm about to have a rebellion due to such.

Hoping you can point me to how best to take over and "borg assimilate" them into the empire.

Thanks!!

(in reply to ghostikailo)
Post #: 143
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/17/2014 9:06:48 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: ghostikailo

Thank you so much for putting in all this hard work. I cant start to understand how long it must of took you, to write all that text, I see in some of the files. Distant worlds is already a great game, and you 100 percent made it alot better, just on the fact you changed it so not all the characters have the same pictures.
Really good work, and if it wasent for people such as your self in the PC gaming world, I think i would give up on it all together.

Hello ghostikailo, and welcome to the DW forums!
I can't thank you, and others like you, who shower us with such kind words! I'm grateful to have not
only a great 'Trek Team', but to have had Igard (the originator of the DW Star Trek mods) as my mentor
per se, and motivator to keep these mods updated and active.

I'm a Trekkie...and have been since the original series many years ago. So when the opportunity arose
for me to first assist, then take over these massive projects I jumped on the chance. Not quite realizing
how impactful this would become. In addition, after discovering this game and getting to know Elliot Gibbs
(the game's creator & developer) I also was lucky enough to be chosen to his beta test team for the
first expansion, which allowed me to fully understand the games's dynamics. It's been a joyride of opportunity since!

Nevertheless, again, thank you for your compliments! I hope that you and everyone likes Version 2.0 of the Picard Era mod when it's released even more!

(in reply to ghostikailo)
Post #: 144
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/17/2014 9:23:48 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: cookj71

Sorry if this is somewhere else, but search is failing me, at google and here. :(
I believe this is more of a DW issue than your awesome mod.
I am trying to play the borg, and I can not get borg to resettle to a conquered planet. There are just the enslaved inhabitants. I just end up with troops on a conquered planet.
I am pretty new to DW. I have tried things like even increasing the tax rate on highly populated planets to ridiculous amounts. I would guess I'm about to have a rebellion due to such.

Hoping you can point me to how best to take over and "borg assimilate" them into the empire.

Thanks!!

Hello cookj71 and welcome to the DW Forums!
The Borg are a evil lot, aren't they!
To assist with your question, using a text editor such as Notepad, go into the Borg race file and
modify their 'Migration Factor'. It is near the bottom of the file and the line looks like this:
MigrationFactor ;0.8
Increase the Migration Factor to around 1.8 so the line looks like this:
MigrationFactor ;1.8
That will increase the Borg's migration to other planets. Eventually, they will migrate via
Passenger Ships to your other planets. Now if you want to direct them to a specific planet or two,
then the workaround I would use is to set all your planets to 'Do Not Accept' except for the planets
you want to send the Borg to. That's about as close to Borg-like 'Assimilation' as you can get.
Resistance IS futile!

(in reply to cookj71)
Post #: 145
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/17/2014 9:39:32 PM   
zoommooz11

With the new patch delaying version 2's release, are we still expecting it sometime this month? Not trying to be pushy (ok a tiny bit) but just a ball park figure would be great.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 146
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/17/2014 10:55:51 PM   
cookj71

Hi ehsumrell1,

Again awesome mod. Yeah I have been playing around with your mod. So this is very familiar, thanks for calling out the exact location and confirming what I figured.

I'll probably throw a few other things your way as well. Let me know if you would prefer I not.

One thing I noticed on my first play through. (No changes to current build). Lost as the Borg. Random cluster galaxy, I had my own cluster to start out with and a few independent colonies to take over. So quickly had 10 colonies going. I could not keep up with almost everyone else's tech rate. I had numerous tech bases, three scientists. I showed I had 700K or something max and I had so much extra research facility, it wasn't funny. I fast tracked so much I had little money for anything else. Yet all but one wonder was built by another race.

Also, I left colonization on auto, I found the game was queuing up colony ships from the closest planets to what could be colonized. This caused all kinds of planets to be colonized by enslaved races, which caused all kinds of issues. And back to the lack of migration, No growth and no "borg" showing up to live on them. A few did see migration, but only a few.

I'll try the do not accept, but isn't enslave a more forceful version of that? I had all others as enslave. This was because I didn't feel extermination with the overall DW game mechanics was what borg should do, but I'm going to try, migration change and set extermination. Since this suppose to be, assimilation, I'll see if I can't figure out how to ensure that extermination provides a 10% growth bonus. Maybe make that even higher.

My thoughts is the Borg should require almost every other race to come together to really push or take them out, but I also understand this is a mod, and creating a race that causes almost everyone to not want them to appear in their game, because it just turns into: Must take out borg, ASAP.

Also, as a Star Trek fan, only from NG forward. The borg ships were Huge. Why is federation +30% ship size if borg is only +40%. You don't really need to answer/defend this. Just figured I would not see bigger military ships than +20% if borg were +40%.

I think I'm rambling....

Last quick thoughts, I know you didn't ask.

Yes, federation have bigger ships than other races. But, federation ships are civilian and military mix, with huge space taken for families on board. So to me the fix would be. Federation ship size should be standard, but have the ships image scale to larger. It looks like you can't tweak the builds to have excess hab modules, but that could be an alternative. But then any "ship builder" is likely to remove them.

A Klingon bird of prey is half the size of it's equivalent fire power federation ship. And I believe the Romulun etc are the same way. The one huge Romulun ship in TV/Movies severely outclassed the same federation ship.

Ok, going to go tweak out some things, like the migration factor.

Thanks for all the help and the great mod.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 147
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/18/2014 12:27:20 AM   
ghostikailo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ghostikailo

Hello ghostikailo, and welcome to the DW forums!
I can't thank you, and others like you, who shower us with such kind words! I'm grateful to have not
only a great 'Trek Team', but to have had Igard (the originator of the DW Star Trek mods) as my mentor
per se, and motivator to keep these mods updated and active.

I'm a Trekkie...and have been since the original series many years ago. So when the opportunity arose
for me to first assist, then take over these massive projects I jumped on the chance. Not quite realizing
how impactful this would become. In addition, after discovering this game and getting to know Elliot Gibbs
(the game's creator & developer) I also was lucky enough to be chosen to his beta test team for the
first expansion, which allowed me to fully understand the games's dynamics. It's been a joyride of opportunity since!

Nevertheless, again, thank you for your compliments! I hope that you and everyone likes Version 2.0 of the Picard Era mod when it's released even more!

I am sure I will. Dont give up. I dont have much experience with modding, other than skyrim, and dayz, but i know it gets frustrating. You def have my support. I like it as it is now, even with out the great stuff you plan for it. Distant World was def made for this mod it seems lol.
I am still a noob at the game though, so i have alot to learn. I only have had it for 3 days. I should of played the orginal first more, but when i saw this.... I had to install it. I am quite glad i found it in 1.0, by the time I figure out the game, I will be able to enjoy 2.0, alot more. Since 1 doesnt change the game features to much other then cosmetics, which you did a really really great job on. When I first say the USS enterprise as my ships, I was really happy. I was really really really happy though when I got to see all the characters you did. It really made the game alot better for me. I really hated the that all characters had the same picture.
Thank you for the welcome, and thank you again for all your hard work.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 148
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 10/18/2014 1:56:40 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

With the new patch delaying version 2's release, are we still expecting it sometime this month? Not trying to be pushy (ok a tiny bit) but just a ball park figure would be great.

Hello zoommooz11;
It's very doubtful that our team will have it ready this month. I was hoping for that, but the last two
updates from Elliot really opened up a few things I'd been hoping for and waiting on. In addition, my
decision to create two different immersion map sizes has come into play. Yes, I could release version 2.0
without them but that's not how I operate. Saying such, with adequate testing time, I might be able to get
the Pre-release Candidate to our team for testing within a couple weeks. If so, then plan on a release time
near Thanksgiving or sooner (being safe). Although as long as my 'day job', wife of nearly 30 years, 13 grandkids,
no further updates, and general life continues its normalcy, I plan on sooner than that.
(Also hope that my stash of Vintage Romulan Ale holds out!)

< Message edited by ehsumrell1 -- 10/18/2014 2:58:14 AM >

(in reply to zoommooz11)
Post #: 149
RE: Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Universe - 10/18/2014 1:15:21 PM   
ghostikailo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icemania

Great news! I hope it puts Star Trek Armada 3 for Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion to shame ...

It already does. Just based on solar systems are real, not 5 of them, with 100s of planets, or one huge one. I think it puts it to shame also with the characters, and diplomacy texts already. That is just my thoughts though lol.
I think Distant worlds, is a much better platform for a star trek mod, than rebellion.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Universe Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI