Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Banging off the rust

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Banging off the rust Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Banging off the rust - 8/18/2014 1:04:02 PM   
Peltonx

quote:

ORIGINAL: carlkay58

The Soviets are getting powerful in late July - early August. The Axis player must pick areas for the four panzer groups to attack at this time. The Soviets then go into their 41 Reorg and are weakened quickly which allows the Axis to develop their panzer attacks before mud hits. By the time mud ends, the Soviets have finished their reorg and are now lucky to have divisions with CV > 1. The snow turns are now important for the Axis to do their final 41 push to get as much territory as possible. The mild winter allows the Soviets to push back some of the Axis advances in December and make a bit of headway in January but the Axis are able to start counter attacking or holding in January and even start some limited push backs in February and March. Which sets up the 42 season where it seems to be pretty competitive these days.

The Soviets have to use their period of 41 strength wisely. This is the true opportunity in 41 for producing Guards units - but it only works if the Soviet player is aware of this opportunity and does it wisely (i.e. attack and then remove the successful divisions from the front before they get counter smacked down by the Axis at the end of the offensive).

I strongly suggest playing a few games of Barbarossa before committing to a campaign game because 41 has been the largest change since you were playing last. The Axis cannot continue to just plunge ahead anymore, they have to stop and recover before continuing on when the Soviets become weak. If the Soviet player does not do some counter offensives in this time period, they will not see units become Guards very easily.

The above is just emphasized even more in version 1.8.

1.08 will finally kill the exploit, I clearly know some claim not to use the exploit, but it causes SHC to win more then 50% of wins as I tracked in my current game vs Sapper

Turn 12 GHC Armaments: 45,000 Manpower Pool: 137,000

Manpower Pts over run during 1942 =
Russian Units Destroyed after November 1st 1941
Corp:
Divisions:
Brigades:
SU:
AP total:
Total dead: 1,461,000 Russian losses this turn: 24,000
Russian OOB: 4,982,000
A net gain of: 136,000
Russian units currently in a pocket:
GHC OOB: 3,309,000 ��- Ready Rifle Squads:
GHC net OOB change: -13,000
Total dead: 341,000 German losses this turn: 34,000

Air War

Ratio last turn: 2 : 1

GHC loses: 297
SHC loses: 675

Total GHC loses: 1927
Total SHC loses: 7740

Attacks won lost this turn
SHC------ 14------1------ 7 of the wins were because of 1v1=2v1 9 vs infantry, 2 vs mixed stacks.
Total win ratio 94% win ratio.
SHC------81------5 ------45--- because of 1v1=2v1 or 52%

Again for the 10,000 time in 3 yrs 1v1=2v1 is an exploit by design.

Morale is the King of The Battle Field and removing The Middle Earth rule will make the game playable again.

remove 50+% of wins during the summer of 1941 for SHC and they will not be attacking 20+ times per turn as this would drop morale allot and not drop GHC morale as much.

The rule simply even when not exploited like the better player accounted for 45% of a SHC players wins as per tracked.

SHC players like sapper bomazz ect will have to up there attack forumales which will GREATLY lower attacks per turn and simply not stop the GHC advance, which as we know everything snowballs.

This should make 1941 and 42 historical

a 94% win ratio for SHC in summer of 1941 is simply Middle Earth with 52% caused by 1v1=2v1

< Message edited by Pelton -- 8/18/2014 2:14:28 PM >

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 31
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Banging off the rust Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI