Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sneaky Quameno

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Sneaky Quameno Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sneaky Quameno - 8/7/2014 5:34:17 AM   
adamf

This is the second game where the Quameno simply invaded one of my planets without declaring war or anything and then go about business as if nothing happened.

My relations with them are always decent when this happens, but needless to say, I can't let them get away with it and I take a reputation hit if I declare war to take the planet back. If I just invade the colony Quameno-style without declaring war, they get offended and declare war on me.

So I take it that when someone invades a planet, it doesn't instantly trigger war, but rather it's up to the invaded empire to explicitly declare war?

< Message edited by adamf -- 8/7/2014 6:35:50 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Sneaky Quameno - 8/7/2014 6:44:16 AM   
feelotraveller

You, or the AI, can invade without declaring war but the reputation drop for doing so is much larger than if you had declared war.

(in reply to adamf)
Post #: 2
RE: Sneaky Quameno - 8/7/2014 12:10:24 PM   
Cauldyth

Yeah, they'll have taken a much bigger reputation hit than you have, as it should be.

(in reply to feelotraveller)
Post #: 3
RE: Sneaky Quameno - 8/7/2014 12:23:56 PM   
Lucian

I think one of the Quameno's racial victory conditions is to declare the fewest wars or something like that so whenever I'm playing them i never declare war, just invade and take the reputation hit. Maybe the AI is just following the same logic.

(in reply to Cauldyth)
Post #: 4
RE: Sneaky Quameno - 8/8/2014 3:08:49 PM   
Mortimer14

quote:

ORIGINAL: adamf

This is the second game where the Quameno simply invaded one of my planets without declaring war or anything and then go about business as if nothing happened.

My relations with them are always decent when this happens, but needless to say, I can't let them get away with it and I take a reputation hit if I declare war to take the planet back. If I just invade the colony Quameno-style without declaring war, they get offended and declare war on me.

So I take it that when someone invades a planet, it doesn't instantly trigger war, but rather it's up to the invaded empire to explicitly declare war?

They do this to me constantly as well. I was playing along and ordered the colonization of several systems between their sphere of influence and mine. A few turns later I take a look down there and they now have colonies where I should have them.

This seems odd to me, so I start to pay more attention to my colonies on that border and I catch them invading one. I instantly went to war over it and my reputation hit was so severe that several other races declared war on me as well.

Needless to say, I didn't last long that game. Now, when I have the Quameno as opponents, I try and force them to declare war .. let them take the rep hit.

(in reply to adamf)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Sneaky Quameno Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI