Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cannot form GHQ in Austria

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> To End All Wars Series >> The War Room >> Cannot form GHQ in Austria Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cannot form GHQ in Austria - 8/27/2014 5:21:01 PM   
ReviewGameX27

Hi,

I have a problem with the hierachy. I cannot form another GHQ for germany without losing VP and NM when I do not promote first Frank von Ritter from the Austrian Army (since he has more seniority). Now, when I try to create a GHQ with the Austrian 3 star leader that is not attached to any army/GHQ it says I cannot do it. I have no clue why. I fullfill all requirements in the tool tip. But when I cannot make a GHQ out of him then I cannot make a GHQ out of my german 3 star general wihtout losing massive in VP and NM. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Chris
Post #: 1
RE: Cannot form GHQ in Austria - 8/27/2014 6:07:01 PM   
Aurelian

Interesting. A glance tells me that the Russians Empire can't have multiple GHQ either. But they actually had Front commands, the only power at the start of the war who used Army Groups. (The 1st and 2nd Armies, for example, were under the command of the Northwestern Front.

Northwestern Front (until August 1915) Northern Front (from August 1915)

Western Front (from August 1915)

Southwestern Front

Romanian Front

Caucasus Front

< Message edited by Aurelian -- 8/27/2014 7:13:24 PM >

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to ReviewGameX27)
Post #: 2
RE: Cannot form GHQ in Austria - 8/27/2014 7:18:26 PM   
Ostwindflak

I'm a bit confused by your question Medicus. Promoting an officer in the Austrian Army to make a GHQ for the German Army? I don't believe that is possible. The seniority rank for the Austrian generals should not affect promotions within the German Army.

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 3
RE: Cannot form GHQ in Austria - 8/27/2014 10:28:13 PM   
henri51

And according to another thread, Austria can have only one GHQ (but it can de dismantled to create a new one). Germany can have two.

(in reply to Ostwindflak)
Post #: 4
RE: Cannot form GHQ in Austria - 8/27/2014 10:31:01 PM   
Metatron

Austria can only have 1 GHQ, but the most senior commander of the central power is a austrian (and a german if I'm not wrong). So getting a new GHQ commander for Germany will cost you VP and NM (for passing over more senior commanders). Overall it will always cost you to change the GHQ commanders, it's the price to pay. Waiting Moltke to be replaced by Falkenhayne in the Schlieffen scenario is a good option, but all other replacement will cost you. So choosing your overall commander is an important choice in terms of NM.

(in reply to Ostwindflak)
Post #: 5
RE: Cannot form GHQ in Austria - 9/1/2014 3:25:43 AM   
Toro12

As Metatron notes, Austria only gets 1 GHQ (as do all powers except Germany). Yes, Austria did fight several fronts, but all their armies in WW1 were run from the single GHQ.

(in reply to Metatron)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> To End All Wars Series >> The War Room >> Cannot form GHQ in Austria Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI