Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

'bonus move' TFs?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> 'bonus move' TFs? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
'bonus move' TFs? - 10/11/2014 5:20:57 AM   
The Duke

Reading several AARs give mention to the 'bonus move' certain TFs receive on the Japanese side (presumably early in scenario 1 and/or Dec 41 options.

Can anyone clarify these, as I have no recollection of how these work and what advantages they provide. Thanks-
Post #: 1
RE: 'bonus move' TFs? - 10/11/2014 6:26:44 AM   
durnedwolf

The TFs on December 7 that have a * in their name (See TF1 and TF2 as an examples) basically have a "warp drive" move on the first turn. So when you play the December 7 turn as non-historical you can have KB warp to a position near the PI or Singapore instead. There are several TFs that have that * in their name that receive that first turn long-leg move.

DW

I try to live by two words - tenacity and gratitude. Tenacity gets me where I want to go and gratitude ensures I'm not angry along the way. - Henry Winkler.

The great aim of education is not knowledge but action. - Herbert Spencer

(in reply to The Duke)
Post #: 2
RE: 'bonus move' TFs? - 10/11/2014 6:52:07 AM   
cohimbra

Durnedwolf is right, but there are TF (not many, like Midway Bombardment & Midway Replenishment) without the *. Just to be sure, you can open the AEeditor (you can find it in the \SCEN folder, AEeditor.exe), load the scenario you're looking for and search for the mark on First Turn Moviment Bonus (look at image, the red arrow point on it).

And for know the exact amount of hexes those TF can run, simply try whit the AI: pick a TF* and send it in the middle of nowhere, run the turn and see where the TF is.

(in reply to durnedwolf)
Post #: 3
RE: 'bonus move' TFs? - 10/11/2014 4:42:46 PM   
durnedwolf

Wow - the things I learn in this forum... Thanks cohimbra!

DW

I try to live by two words - tenacity and gratitude. Tenacity gets me where I want to go and gratitude ensures I'm not angry along the way. - Henry Winkler.

The great aim of education is not knowledge but action. - Herbert Spencer

(in reply to cohimbra)
Post #: 4
RE: 'bonus move' TFs? - 10/11/2014 6:56:17 PM   
SuluSea

Just like to let you know any TF with an asterisk can be changed to a different type / add ships or remove ships and still get a first turn bonus.

You can also load troops and get a bonus move. Experiment and customize to see what can be done.

"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer

(in reply to durnedwolf)
Post #: 5
RE: 'bonus move' TFs? - 10/11/2014 6:57:07 PM   
KenchiSulla

Like getting the 65th Brigade on or close to Rabaul... It can be done

AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> 'bonus move' TFs? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI