Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Aircraft RTBs on a straight line entering hostile SAM envelopes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Aircraft RTBs on a straight line entering hostile SAM envelopes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Aircraft RTBs on a straight line entering hostile SAM e... - 10/12/2014 3:53:29 PM   
SwampYankee68

Playing a Community created scenario (Here There & Everywhere) and after hitting targets my strike packages are winchester so they RTB and do so through NVA SAM envelopes. Nothing I do short of sending them to the tanker to refuel gets them to change course. I have attempted to give them waypoints out of hostile airspace with no luck in that they ignore them and keep chugging towards base getting fired at. What am I doing wrong?

"The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me!"
Post #: 1
RE: Aircraft RTBs on a straight line entering hostile S... - 10/12/2014 4:53:07 PM   
dandin384

A couple things you could try. First you could press 'U' to unassign the planes from their RTB status. That will let you plot a course around enemy SAM. The second option is to go into the side doctrine menu and disable RTB when winchester. Doing option two means a bit more micromanagement but you can keep your A/C out of SAM range that way.

(in reply to SwampYankee68)
Post #: 2
RE: Aircraft RTBs on a straight line entering hostile S... - 10/12/2014 5:03:50 PM   
Pergite!

I always put up no navigation zones around areas where I want my units to stay well clear of. I of course remove these if I need to take risks with SEAD/DEAD sorties, but they prevent the other air ops from coming into harms way unintentionally.

(in reply to dandin384)
Post #: 3
RE: Aircraft RTBs on a straight line entering hostile S... - 10/12/2014 5:15:36 PM   
76mm

Also, it seems like it is impossible to set the altitude for aircraft on RTB status--is that correct? I tried to have some helicopters fly nape of the earth, pop up for a radar scan, then RTB, but I could not get them to reduce their altitude for the return journey...

(in reply to Pergite!)
Post #: 4
RE: Aircraft RTBs on a straight line entering hostile S... - 10/13/2014 8:37:08 AM   
jarraya

quote:

ORIGINAL: dandin384

A couple things you could try. First you could press 'U' to unassign the planes from their RTB status. That will let you plot a course around enemy SAM. The second option is to go into the side doctrine menu and disable RTB when winchester. Doing option two means a bit more micromanagement but you can keep your A/C out of SAM range that way.

Can someone please confirm if this is possible under 1.05? Whenever I have an a/c that's RTB on BINGO fuel (not on Winchester) and I unassign "U", it obeys my orders for a few seconds but then reverts to RTB.

(in reply to dandin384)
Post #: 5
RE: Aircraft RTBs on a straight line entering hostile S... - 10/14/2014 10:18:20 AM   
Tomcat84

What I see in the latest version is: Aircraft on RTB bingo status. If I unassign it with "u", it goes unassigned and will circle forever at location until running out of fuel. But if I assign it to a mission or plot a course after doing the unassign, it does that few seconds then reverts back to RTB bingo.

For Winchester though I always disable that doctrine and manage things myself.

My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )

(in reply to jarraya)
Post #: 6
RE: Aircraft RTBs on a straight line entering hostile S... - 10/16/2014 10:31:14 PM   
SwampYankee68

I think the best plan is to micromanage. It means plotting a course away from the envelope, then when the package is safe, ordering an RTB. I appreciate the help though, I did not think of disabling the doctrine myself.

"The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me!"

(in reply to Tomcat84)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Aircraft RTBs on a straight line entering hostile SAM envelopes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI