Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back from Olongapo

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back from Olongapo Page: <<   < prev  183 184 [185] 186 187   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 3/2/2021 1:48:20 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Quite an cosmic intersection of COVID surge, Stalker Girl's birthday week and then the absolutely relentless yapper dogs at the HOA.

I have got myself a yoga mat and I listen to "My Sweet Lord" on my Bose headphones at least once a day while I learn how to control my inner organs. I can definitely slow my heart rated down with mindful breathing but my duodenum and ileum pretty much do what they want. Anyway, it helps to control homicidal rages.

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 5521
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 3/2/2021 2:11:05 PM   
Cap Mandrake

The level of anxiety and depression among teens and now even the preteens and even 10 year olds is at a crisis point. The mental health system is crushed. I think we are buying ourselves a generation of trauma and impairment. We need to open up schools and sports programs.

It's like the siege of Leningrad but everyone is getting fat instead of starving because if you get bored and sad you just walk over to the fridge for some frozen burritos instead of wandering around chasing a malnourished horse.

Post #: 5522
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 3/2/2021 2:30:17 PM   
Cap Mandrake

So SG came up against one of those decade birthdays and this caused serious problems. She wanted a giant birthday at the golf club with 200 people, many flying in from elsewhere...but Gov Gruesome called the golf club personally from the French Laundry and told them to cancel. Usually you solve this kind of emergency by extravagant and wasteful spending..weekend in a nice hotel in Laguna $44 a plate brunch...etc. etc..but even this didn't work so we scaled the gold club thingy down to 12 and I have to say it was fun...although once 12 people catch on that everything is "free" there is a sudden surge of thirst and hunger. One woman came with this Asian guy I had met once before and as soon as he walked in three of the other chicks turned pale because they had all slept with the guy. SG called them the "tunnel sisters". Asian Don Juan. It was funnier than Hell...except for the public health implication perhaps.

An 81 year old guy from Indian India named "Ram" came by. Nice guy. Turns out he has the hots for SG and follows her on Facebook like a Labrador puppy.

In a true shocker, Pocahontas Girl got drunk and Panama Girl (Rashida) got drunk and kept lifting up PG's leather skirt and rubbing her ass and by some serious oversight PG had forgotten her BVD's. The married to a woman gay guy's retired bodyguard brother was sitting down and was staring at the other side (the shellfish side)....but he had already slept with PG it turns out so it wasn't a big deal.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 3/2/2021 2:32:41 PM >

Post #: 5523
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 3/2/2021 2:45:21 PM   
RangerJoe

You should have asked that Asian Don Juan how that Herpes treatment is working out . . .

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

Post #: 5524
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 3/2/2021 2:50:43 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Ah...yes...the Wah

Almost forgot. To be concise, the attack on the Marianas did not achieve its goals.

Day 1: Complete tactical surprise. Guam AF smashed pretty good by TBF's. Tinian well hit as well. Some IJA medium bombers from Guam were slaughtered trying to attack the shipping as were a squadron of Vals from the Northernmost base. One LCI hit.

Maybe 40-50 planes shot down

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 3/2/2021 2:56:44 PM >

Post #: 5525
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 3/2/2021 3:44:25 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

Cap Mandrake: ... if you get bored and sad you just walk over to the fridge for some frozen burritos ...

I think you have diagnosed the reasons for your duodenum and ileum issues!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 5526
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 3/2/2021 7:58:36 PM   
Disco Duck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

The level of anxiety and depression among teens and now even the preteens and even 10 year olds is at a crisis point. The mental health system is crushed. I think we are buying ourselves a generation of trauma and impairment. We need to open up schools and sports programs.

It's like the siege of Leningrad but everyone is getting fat instead of starving because if you get bored and sad you just walk over to the fridge for some frozen burritos instead of wandering around chasing a malnourished horse.

So have electric bicycles invaded California yet. I almost got run over by an eight year old at the park. It's like parents are buying toys to compensate for lack of being able to do things.

There is no point in believing in things that exist. -Didactylos

Post #: 5527
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 3/2/2021 8:15:17 PM   
Cap Mandrake

One of the pool guys on the street uses an electric bike with a trailer.

They are all over the place.

(in reply to Disco Duck)
Post #: 5528
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 3/15/2021 8:17:41 PM   
rtrapasso

Perhaps Cap was injured when his electric bike (probably with trailer attached) accidentally collided with the above... the world wonders...

< Message edited by rtrapasso -- 3/15/2021 8:22:16 PM >

Post #: 5529
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 3/15/2021 8:31:27 PM   
rtrapasso

Hopefully, he has not encountered the dread tumbleweed fire tornado...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 5530
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 3/15/2021 9:45:14 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

Hopefully, he has not encountered the dread tumbleweed fire tornado...

I've seen the wall of tumbleweeds caught in barbed wire range fences. Never knew they set fire to them to clear them. Hope they get hazard pay ...

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 5531
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 3/15/2021 10:10:16 PM   
RangerJoe

Russians thistles, I think brought by German farmers from Russia . . .

― Julia Child

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 5532
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 3/16/2021 5:25:40 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

Supposedly accidentally introduced into the Dakotas with contaminated shipments of flax seeds.

UPDATE: The reason for Cap's absence is now apparent... the HOA posted this photo with its complaint to the Mandrakes... unfortunately (?), they have not been able to deliver the complaint to the front door.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 5533
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 3/16/2021 6:27:32 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

Supposedly accidentally introduced into the Dakotas with contaminated shipments of flax seeds.

UPDATE: The reason for Cap's absence is now apparent... the HOA posted this photo with its complaint to the Mandrakes... unfortunately (?), they have not been able to deliver the complaint to the front door.

I do NOT recommend the fire tornado method of removal for those!

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 5534
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 3/16/2021 7:21:42 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

I do NOT recommend the fire tornado method of removal for those!

― Julia Child

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 5535
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 3/23/2021 4:08:22 AM   
Cap Mandrake

No..real world intervenes. The HOA denied my roof shingles because they "appear to be asphalt and are too flammable. Try to find something else."

Meanwhile the existing roof wood shingles are from 1867 and would spontaneously ignite at 112F.

The things are A fire rated (highest rating) and are also rated to 130 mph winds. At 130 mph I would not have a single wood shingle left.

The HOA are corksoakers. Did I mention that?

Meanwhile I caved to SG and have hired an Israeli contractor to fix all the leaks and remodel 5 bathrooms plus the master bath and the kitchen and tear down the drywall from the leaks and refloor the Houston Astrodome. I'm not going to mention the quote but it would take me 100 years to do this myself. I'm not kidding. All the contractors are Israeli expats and the workers are all Mexican and Guatemalan expats

Also, before the Israelis destroyed the kitchen, SG made a great dinner and invited PG over and there was much wine and adult beverages and then I had reached my limit so I went upstairs to go to sleep and before you know it they come upstairs and wake me up and everyone is in their birthday suits and now she keeps trying to invite herself over for dinner...the poor dear.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 5536
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 3/23/2021 4:19:36 AM   
RangerJoe

The next time that she comes over for dinner, have a recording set up to take pictures and audio . . .

Welcome back.

Find some ugly shingles and have a different style for different parts of the roof, then use some program to show how they would look on the house. Make several examples like that. Then show what you actually want.

Or consider solar panels or a steel roof.

― Julia Child

Post #: 5537
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 3/23/2021 7:42:29 PM   
Disco Duck

quote:

No..real world intervenes. The HOA denied my roof shingles because they "appear to be asphalt and are too flammable. Try to find something else."

Meanwhile the existing roof wood shingles are from 1867 and would spontaneously ignite at 112F.

The things are A fire rated (highest rating) and are also rated to 130 mph winds. At 130 mph I would not have a single wood shingle left.

Meanwhile I caved to SG and have hired an Israeli contractor to fix all the leaks and remodel 5 bathrooms plus the master bath and the kitchen and tear down the drywall from the leaks and refloor the Houston Astrodome. I'm not going to mention the quote but it would take me 100 years to do this myself. I'm not kidding. All the contractors are Israeli expats and the workers are all Mexican and Guatemalan expats

Also, before the Israelis destroyed the kitchen, SG made a great dinner and invited PG over and there was much wine and adult beverages and then I had reached my limit so I went upstairs to go to sleep and before you know it they come upstairs and wake me up and everyone is in their birthday suits and now she keeps trying to invite herself over for dinner...the poor dear.

A lot of people here in San Antonio are replacing their shingles after the recent snow. About eight inches total. Those with solar panels have to have a contractor remove the panels before getting the roof done. Then they have to put them back on. I would be looking at metal shingles. But nobody around here seems to be doing it.

Post #: 5538
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 3/23/2021 8:26:47 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Disco Duck

quote:

A lot of people here in San Antonio are replacing their shingles after the recent snow. About eight inches total. Those with solar panels have to have a contractor remove the panels before getting the roof done. Then they have to put them back on. I would be looking at metal shingles. But nobody around here seems to be doing it.

It is also very hard for metal roofs to burn but I don't think that they are actually shingles.

Heck, maybe even get different colored shingles to make a design on the roof.

Or even make words or a phrase on the roof, but I won't post my suggestions here.

― Julia Child

(in reply to Disco Duck)
Post #: 5539
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 3/23/2021 9:54:10 PM   
Disco Duck

quote:

quote:

quote:

It is also very hard for metal roofs to burn but I don't think that they are actually shingles.

Or even make words or a phrase on the roof, but I won't post my suggestions here.

https://www.metalroofingsource.com/metal-roofing-materials/shingles/

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 5540
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 3/23/2021 10:37:08 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

These are the types of roofing panels that I was thinking for a metal roof. If you live where you can get a lot of snow, the snow can/will slide right off. If so, have something to divert it away from walkways.

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Building-Materials-Roofing-Gutters-Roofing-Roof-Panels-Metal-Roofing/N-5yc1vZapwh

― Julia Child

(in reply to Disco Duck)
Post #: 5541
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 3/25/2021 4:28:04 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

These are the types of roofing panels that I was thinking for a metal roof. If you live where you can get a lot of snow, the snow can/will slide right off. If so, have something to divert it away from walkways.

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Building-Materials-Roofing-Gutters-Roofing-Roof-Panels-Metal-Roofing/N-5yc1vZapwh

We had metal shingles installed in Texas that look just like regular shingles (except maybe better) to cut down on the cooling bills (and after a hailstorm destroyed the old roof)... they worked so well that we also had them installed when we moved to Virginia, although the bills weren't nearly as bad. They don't get the discoloration that the regular shingles do... and we also have solar panels. No problems after 5 years. They (the shingles, not the solar panels) are supposed to be proof up to grapefruit size hail (although they will probably dent if the hailstones were that big).

Of course they are also fire proof, and the first installers (in Texas) also pointed out that they blocked infrared surveillance from spy satellites!

The shingles are pricey though.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 5542
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 3/28/2021 2:19:11 PM   
Bif1961

Good old WIPAE SIGINT

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 5543
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 4/4/2021 2:09:54 AM   
Cap Mandrake

HOA gave up on the fire risk argument and simply denied my roofing request based on "aesthetics". Completely subjective and arbitrary. If I were Raquel Welch in her prime and came to the meeting in a sabretooth tiger bikini they would not approve metal shingles. I think this is retribution for saying Gruppenfuhrer Vatshername had the a missing x chromosome

(in reply to Bif1961)
Post #: 5544
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 4/4/2021 3:33:05 AM   
witpqs

More pink flamingoes.

Post #: 5545
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 4/4/2021 4:19:02 AM   
RangerJoe

A built in beer keg in front along with a cupid dispensing wine.

― Julia Child

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 5546
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 4/4/2021 4:22:47 AM   
RangerJoe

Heck, simply call them racist - in court documents!

― Julia Child

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 5547
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 4/13/2021 3:39:03 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Pictures or it didn't happen.

By ra way-what's going on in the Marianas?

Post #: 5548
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 4/18/2021 10:53:31 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Ah, yes, the Marianas. You will have to keep this hush-hush because we are afraid to tell Admiral King an General Marshall. At the start it went well. The lead fast AP's with the carriers approached to within about 5 hexes of Guam and 4 hexes of Tinian and Rota with complete surprise. The Vals and IJA medium bombers and Tojos at Guam and farther North (Pagan) sortie out and are destroyed almost to the plane (about 150 enemy planes lost to 5 of ours). Guam is hit by all the TBF's at has about 40% runway damage. Essentially no CAP. Tinian also damaged. A single LCI landing Aussie commandos on Anatahan is hit but does not sink and the Aussies take Anatahan which is to be used as a base for seaplanes and AKE's. ASW group at Guam sins two midget subs.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 5549
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 4/18/2021 11:06:01 PM   
Cap Mandrake

No Japs spotted except some midget subs. Still some shot up Vals left on Pagan but no fighters. A dozen planes at Tinian. Guam has like 5 bombers left but no fighters left on mouseover so we proceed with the plan.

Saipan has no planes except recon but is dangerous so Washington and another fast BB are sent to take out the naval guns and AF on Saipan the TBF's again are set for a morning attack on Guam. First landing at Rota is before sunrise......well..it seems Musashi and another BB's were loitering NW of the Marianas and charge directly toward the main USN body. They run into Washington and friends and the fight is on. Bad...bad....bad. Washington is hit on the first volley and blows up into oblivion after five hits of all caliber. Alaska is hit badly and on fire. The USN DD's sink one IJN DD.

Post #: 5550
Page:   <<   < prev  183 184 [185] 186 187   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back from Olongapo Page: <<   < prev  183 184 [185] 186 187   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI