Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back from Olongapo

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back from Olongapo Page: <<   < prev  192 193 [194] 195 196   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 8/22/2021 5:16:09 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Looks like JJ has given up on costly land attacks at Malaybalay and has switched over to air attacks. This wil absolutely work if they keep it up as the supply is critical.

quote:

Morning Air attack on Malaybalay , at 80,90

Weather in hex: Partial cloud

Raid spotted at 37 NM, estimated altitude 9,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 10 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 62
Ki-21-IIb Sally x 20
Ki-43-IIb Oscar x 11

Allied aircraft
P-40K Warhawk x 27

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5 Zero: 1 destroyed
Ki-21-IIb Sally: 3 damaged
Ki-43-IIb Oscar: 5 destroyed

No Allied losses

Airbase hits 2
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 6

Aircraft Attacking:
20 x Ki-21-IIb Sally bombing from 6000 feet *
Airfield Attack: 2 x 250 kg GP Bomb

CAP engaged:
347th FG/339th FS with P-40K Warhawk (3 airborne, 8 on standby, 2 scrambling)
3 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 19580 , scrambling fighters to 19000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 35 minutes
475th FG/433rd FS with P-40K Warhawk (3 airborne, 7 on standby, 4 scrambling)
3 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 16000
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 31 minutes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weather in hex: Partial cloud

Raid spotted at 16 NM, estimated altitude 9,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 4 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-21-IIb Sally x 25
Ki-43-IIb Oscar x 31

Allied aircraft
P-40K Warhawk x 23

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21-IIb Sally: 4 destroyed, 8 damaged
Ki-21-IIb Sally: 1 destroyed by flak
Ki-43-IIb Oscar: 2 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
P-40K Warhawk: 1 destroyed

Allied ground losses:
13 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Airbase hits 5
Airbase supply hits 7
Runway hits 22

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 5791
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 8/22/2021 8:15:01 PM   
Cap Mandrake

**********August 17***********

Sumatra: The relief Aussie brigade breaks through to the Medan encirclement from the SW in march column at the last second...and then the Japs attack and the 3 brigades are thrown back toward Sibolga. 21st Aus Brig is severely disrupted and will need to find a nice resort for R&R but total disaster is avoided.

Post #: 5792
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 8/22/2021 8:24:06 PM   
Cap Mandrake

*******August 18**********

Mindanao:
Malaybalay AF runs out of AVGAS and we get whacked.

quote:

Weather in hex: Overcast

Raid spotted at 39 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 12 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 16
Ki-21-IIb Sally x 11
Ki-44-IIa Tojo x 41
Ki-45 KAIa Nick x 21
Ki-49-IIa Helen x 13

Allied aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21-IIb Sally: 3 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
P-40K Warhawk: 7 damaged
P-40K Warhawk: 1 destroyed on ground
P-70 Havoc: 1 damaged
P-70 Havoc: 1 destroyed on ground

Allied ground losses:
11 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled

Airbase hits 5
Airbase supply hits 3
Runway hits 25

That's bad. Now we will get pounded daily just like on Luzon.

Further South, at Davao.....

quote:

Ground combat at Davao (79,91)

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 30035 troops, 290 guns, 70 vehicles, Assault Value = 868

Defending force 6801 troops, 96 guns, 110 vehicles, Assault Value = 62

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 1

Japanese adjusted assault: 521

Allied adjusted defense: 139

Japanese assault odds: 3 to 1 (fort level 1)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Davao !!!

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), preparation(-), experience(-)
Attacker: fatigue(-)

Japanese ground losses:
88 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 14 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled

Allied ground losses:
5664 casualties reported
Squads: 118 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 410 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 48 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 98 (98 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Vehicles lost 143 (143 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units destroyed 7

Assaulting units:
25th Division
2nd Division
8th Medium Field Artillery Regiment

Defending units:
81st PA Infantry Division
Gull Force
11th Base Group /2
Clark Field AAF Base Force
Del Monte AAF Base Force
Nichols Field AAF Base Force
13th MAG /1

Everyone gives up. Nobody retreats to Malaybalay. Looks the beginning of the end

Post #: 5793
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 8/22/2021 8:31:05 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Timor: IJN carriers 500 m W of Koepang but only 135 carrier A/C...more like a single carrier division. Not sure what they are doing. Getting ready to take the SCTF there? Preventing our reinforcement of Koepang?

Post #: 5794
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 8/22/2021 8:33:50 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Lesser Sundas: Dropped 1300 men of 503rd PIR on Namlea and with the men of 2nd Para already on the island it was a 1:1 attack. Not quite enough to take the place but that was all the lift capacity we had available.

Sparrow Force is prepped to land there but that is far up in Injun territory. Maybe a naval bombardment and then drop the rest of 503rd PIR

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 8/22/2021 8:35:27 PM >

Post #: 5795
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 8/23/2021 2:04:44 AM   
Cap Mandrake

****SWPAC HQ, Darwin******

Tall patrician-looking fellow with 5 stars: Jocko, I'd like you to meet the Spruance twins.

RADM "Jocko" Clark: <extends hand and shakes both right hands of the twins> Well, well, identical then?

Twins: <quizzically look at each other and then "A" speaks> No, he has a substitution of Leucine for Valine at position 512 of the FOXP2 gene and the lucky bastard is murder at crossword puzzles...they both laugh>

<after a pause Clark looks at the patrician-looking guy> I don't get it.

Tall patrician-looking fellow with 5 stars: It's the language gene, Jocko. They are geniuses. They are clones Jocko...genetic copies...you see, the original Raymond Spruance developed the most God-awful neurological tic. The man was a naval genius but he would stand in the middle of a presentation and start yelling about excrement and other bodily fluids. Very distracting. I could hardly get through the meeting agenda. So I had BuOrd make copies of him and they took out that atrocious potty mouth gene.

RADM "Jocko" Clark: Copies? Of a human being?

Tall patrician-looking fellow with 5 stars: Oh yes. There is one of my too. Up in Mindanao. I played golf with him. The SOB can drive it down the middle of the fairway every time. 260 yds. Uphill downhill doesn't matter. I had the staff tell me on the 8th hole that the damned Japs were landing at Pago Pago. I couldn't take it anymore.

RADM "Jocko" Clark: Ummm..are there two copies of me too?

Tall patrician-looking fellow with 5 stars: Oh, coe on Jocko, don't be silly.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 5796
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 8/29/2021 12:31:18 AM   
Cap Mandrake

***********August 19,20***********

Mindanao: LYB air raids at Malaybalay eating up supply and the AAA is disrupted. The flyable P-40's fly to Zamboanga or Zanzibar or whatever it's called at the NW tip of Mindanao. We have supply but no aviation support. The pilots fill up their own gas tanks and manage to shoot down a bunch of Zekes. The C-46's at Sorong are dropping supply but you can't keep that many troops in beans and burrets

Post #: 5797
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 8/29/2021 12:56:27 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Sumatra: Djambi, curiously named after two baseball players with oversized egos even though nobody who lives there has ever heard of baseball, and only 150 N of Palembang, which is keeping all the Zekes and Georges operating. Consequently, the LYB's do not want an air base there, even if it is 500+ miles away from the nearest level 1 port by jungle trail with banded crates and sumatran tigers and angry mohammadens (as Winny would say).

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 8/29/2021 12:57:50 AM >

Post #: 5798
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 8/29/2021 12:59:11 AM   
Cap Mandrake

That is not really a sentence but I have started drinking so it is the best I can do.

Post #: 5799
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 8/29/2021 1:06:31 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Anyway, the AF is shut down and the flyable A/C moved to Sawhalabuto or Sowalabatung or whatever the next tiny village full of consanguineous natives is called. After all, they at least did not start this thing so one must maintain a certain level of graciousness and patience.

Post #: 5800
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 8/29/2021 1:09:59 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Meanwhile, off Medan, smaller and smaller naval forces do battle almost every night as Br 172 Brigade and US 40th Div begins to arrive at Sibolga on the West coast.

Post #: 5801
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 8/29/2021 6:07:40 AM   
RangerJoe

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

Post #: 5802
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 9/3/2021 11:40:07 AM   
jdsrae

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Tall patrician-looking fellow with 5 stars: Jocko, I'd like you to meet the Spruance twins.

RADM "Jocko" Clark: <extends hand and shakes both right hands of the twins> Well, well, identical then?

Twins: <quizzically look at each other and then "A" speaks> No, he has a substitution of Leucine for Valine at position 512 of the FOXP2 gene and the lucky bastard is murder at crossword puzzles...they both laugh>

Tall patrician-looking fellow with 5 stars: It's the language gene, Jocko. They are geniuses. They are clones Jocko...genetic copies...you see, the original Raymond Spruance developed the most God-awful neurological tic. The man was a naval genius but he would stand in the middle of a presentation and start yelling about excrement and other bodily fluids. Very distracting. I could hardly get through the meeting agenda. So I had BuOrd make copies of him and they took out that atrocious potty mouth gene.

Tall patrician-looking fellow with 5 stars: Oh yes. There is one of my too. Up in Mindanao. I played golf with him. The SOB can drive it down the middle of the fairway every time. 260 yds. Uphill downhill doesn't matter. I had the staff tell me on the 8th hole that the damned Japs were landing at Pago Pago. I couldn't take it anymore.

The IJN are working on their own cloning machine, reverse engineered from a captured set of schematics.
It still needs some tuning.

Is this where the ranks of RADM upper and lower halves came from?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by jdsrae -- 9/3/2021 11:41:36 AM >

Currently playing my first PBEM, no house rules Scenario 1 as IJ.
AAR link (no SolInvictus): https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4684655

Post #: 5803
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 9/3/2021 12:08:22 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: jdsrae

quote:

The IJN are working on their own cloning machine, reverse engineered from a captured set of schematics.

No. Lower half is an O7 while the upper half is an O8 or in other terms, a lower half is the same rank as a brigadier while an upper half is the same rank as a major general.

― Julia Child

(in reply to jdsrae)
Post #: 5804
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 9/3/2021 12:18:51 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

No. Lower half is an O7 while the upper half is an O8 or in other terms, a lower half is the same rank as a brigadier while an upper half is the same rank as a major general.

Your explanation makes sense: the difference between rear area and air.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 5805
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 9/3/2021 12:23:47 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

quote:

quote:

Your explanation makes sense: the difference between rear area and air.

Attachment (1)

― Julia Child

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 5806
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 10/7/2021 4:29:16 AM   
bobsteele

Anyone have any word on Cap Mandrake? It's been a while, and I can't find anything about what's up with him anywhere. TIA.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 5807
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 10/7/2021 11:53:14 AM   
RangerJoe

He did write something about having a lot of babies but he has not logged in for over a month.

― Julia Child

(in reply to bobsteele)
Post #: 5808
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 10/7/2021 12:02:42 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

He did write something about having a lot of babies but he has not logged in for over a month.

I think Pocahontas Girl (PG) finally kidnapped him and is having her way with him in her basement ...
She probably bought some good single-malt Scotch to keep him anaesthetized.

Attachment (1)

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 5809
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 10/7/2021 12:20:10 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

I think Pocahontas Girl (PG) finally kidnapped him and is having her way with him in her basement ...

I thought that she was "Stalker Girl?"

He can also get the even stronger stuff from medical supply. I think they also call it "rocket fuel!"

― Julia Child

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 5810
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 10/7/2021 1:48:45 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

He can also get the even stronger stuff from medical supply. I think they also call it "rocket fuel!"

PG is the former neighbour who divorced her cheating husband and moved but still parties with Cap and SG from time to time. She has a habit of hitting on males when she has had a little libation.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 5811
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 10/7/2021 9:13:31 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

PG is the former neighbour who divorced her cheating husband and moved but still parties with Cap and SG from time to time. She has a habit of hitting on males when she has had a little libation.

Okay, I sit corrected . . .

― Julia Child

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 5812
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 10/10/2021 4:00:09 PM   
capmandrake2

A clerk/typist spilled coffee on the Mk VIII Disgronifier and now I have become a free-floating plasma of silicon and germanium and stuff like that trying to recover all my passwords. It's very difficult because I don't have any fingers. I have found that I can sort of hover over the keyboard and kind of roll around a bit and the induced magnetic field will close the circuit on the key but I already melted some of the plastic. I did manage to send an email to Slitherine but it is a Sunday. Maybe some of the Shinto Boys are working today.

Post #: 5813
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 10/10/2021 4:39:52 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: capmandrake2

A clerk/typist spilled coffee on the Mk VIII Disgronifier and now I have become a free-floating plasma of silicon and germanium and stuff like that trying to recover all my passwords. It's very difficult because I don't have any fingers. I have found that I can sort of hover over the keyboard and kind of roll around a bit and the induced magnetic field will close the circuit on the key but I already melted some of the plastic. I did manage to send an email to Slitherine but it is a Sunday. Maybe some of the Shinto Boys are working today.

Sounds like "We are Legion. We are Bob." Good read. Suggest the audiobook.

Best of ruck.

(in reply to capmandrake2)
Post #: 5814
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 10/10/2021 6:59:27 PM   
RangerJoe

You will hear back tomorrow.

― Julia Child

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 5815
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 10/11/2021 4:42:15 PM   
capmandrake2

New install running but have problems with text overflow and pop-up boxes for base info screens

Is this some graphics card switch thingy?

New Dell Inspiron 7706 2n1

Attachment (1)

Post #: 5816
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 10/11/2021 5:03:15 PM   
RangerJoe

Did you install using Seabee?

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4415089

It looks like you need the switch -AltFont. It does appear to be a graphics problem.

― Julia Child

Post #: 5817
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 10/12/2021 12:29:13 PM   
capmandrake2

That worked. Nice little utility

Now I need DBB and the map extension.

Post #: 5818
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 10/12/2021 1:08:59 PM   
RangerJoe

Check here:

https://sites.google.com/site/dababeswitpae/

― Julia Child

Post #: 5819
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 11/24/2021 2:52:44 PM   
RangerJoe

He should paint his house like this one.

Attachment (1)

― Julia Child

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 5820
Page:   <<   < prev  192 193 [194] 195 196   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back from Olongapo Page: <<   < prev  192 193 [194] 195 196   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI