Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Sad, sad, sad.......

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Sad, sad, sad....... Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/21/2015 3:23:30 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: jc4751

(edit: to quote Buddha, "this does not further")

Good lord next you will be quoting Obama, I know, nothing political

Bo

(in reply to jc4751)
Post #: 121
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/21/2015 8:45:59 PM   
jc4751

quote:

ORIGINAL: bo

quote:

(edit: to quote Buddha, "this does not further")

Good lord next you will be quoting Obama, I know, nothing political

Bo

Yeah, I'm up to that challenge -- "The", Barack Obama, 2008.

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 122
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/21/2015 8:55:21 PM   
Extraneous

I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it. -- (Terry Pratchett)

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. -- (Terry Pratchett)

I found while driving in Wyoming that wearing a stetson and driving a beat-up pickup meant you could go as fast as you like, while the police picked up Californian winnebagos that went one mph over 55. After all, they wanted to bring money into the state, not merely circulate it. -- (Terry Pratchett)

We've missed you, did you miss us? Yes, but I think I have time to reload. -- (Terry Pratchett)

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)

(in reply to jc4751)
Post #: 123
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/21/2015 10:38:20 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Extraneous

I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it. -- (Terry Pratchett)

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. -- (Terry Pratchett)

I found while driving in Wyoming that wearing a stetson and driving a beat-up pickup meant you could go as fast as you like, while the police picked up Californian winnebagos that went one mph over 55. After all, they wanted to bring money into the state, not merely circulate it. -- (Terry Pratchett)

We've missed you, did you miss us? Yes, but I think I have time to reload. -- (Terry Pratchett)

Hmmm, using someones words to get a little cryptic there Extraneous. Never heard of Mr. Pratchett until the other day, guess I am not worldly enough

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 3/21/2015 11:41:42 PM >

(in reply to Extraneous)
Post #: 124
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/22/2015 1:15:13 AM   
rkr1958

I have had a blast playing MWiF today and I'm happy! It's time for dinner, Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo and I'm having a "computer beer". Some DOS beer. Funny though, it equates DOS to some O/S I've never heard of, "UIS".

That is, I'm having a DOS .EQ. UIS (or DOS EQUIS) Hey, what do you expect from an old FORTRAN programmer.

< Message edited by rkr1958 -- 3/22/2015 2:16:56 AM >

Ronnie

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 125
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/22/2015 1:20:47 AM   
etsadler

quote:

ORIGINAL: rkr1958

I have had a blast playing MWiF today and I'm happy! It's time for dinner, Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo and I'm having a "computer beer". Some DOS beer. Funny though, it equates DOS to some O/S I've never heard of, "UIS".

That is, I'm having a DOS .EQ. UIS (or DOS EQUIS) Hey, what do you expect from an old FORTRAN programmer.

"I don't always test my code. But when I do, I test it in production."

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 126
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/22/2015 1:36:56 AM   
jc4751

quote:

ORIGINAL: RickInVA

quote:

There are 10 kinds of people who get that joke...

(in reply to etsadler)
Post #: 127
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/22/2015 2:30:14 AM   
paulderynck

I'd rather bathe with monkeys than get that joke.

Paul

(in reply to jc4751)
Post #: 128
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/22/2015 3:50:36 AM   
Extraneous

quote:

quote:

Hmmm, using someones words to get a little cryptic there Extraneous. Never heard of Mr. Pratchett until the other day, guess I am not worldly enough

Bo

My point was if someone is going to quote Buddha (with a quote I cannot find) I thought I would quote Pratchett.

Sir Terence David John "Terry" Pratchett,OBE (28 April 1948 – 12 March 2015)

He is best known for his Discworld book series of about 40 volumes.

Animation
Wyrd Sisters, an animated series by Cosgrove Hall.
Soul Music as animated series by Cosgrove Hall.
Truckers, an animated series by Cosgrove Hall.

TV Mini-series
Johnny and the bomb, a three-part TV mini-series on the BBC.

Films
Hogfather, aired by Sky One, Christmas 2006 as TV film.
The Colour of Magic, aired by Sky One, Easter 2008 as TV film.
Going Postal, aired by Sky One, Easter 2010 as TV film.

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 129
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/22/2015 4:00:53 AM   
Extraneous

quote:

For those that don't know Assembly, Assembler, and Fortran are considered scientific computer languages.

I keep thinking I've missed one scientific language but then 40 years ago is awhile.

< Message edited by Extraneous -- 3/22/2015 5:01:15 AM >

(in reply to Extraneous)
Post #: 130
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/22/2015 4:45:54 AM   
wworld7

quote:

This is the funniest thing I have read in weeks!!!!

I also agree most people will not understand the really funny part here...LOL.

< Message edited by flipperwasirish -- 3/22/2015 5:48:11 AM >

Flipper

(in reply to etsadler)
Post #: 131
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/22/2015 2:08:00 PM   
jc4751

quote:

My point was if someone is going to quote Buddha (with a quote I cannot find) I thought I would quote Pratchett.

I removed the quote from my post, because I couldn't find an easily sourced attribution for it. I ran across it in a book a while back, which I don't have available any longer. Sorry about the confusion.

(in reply to Extraneous)
Post #: 132
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/22/2015 4:09:41 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

I thought I was alone on that one paul, thanks for chiming in Hmmm are there monkeys is Canada?

Bo

Post #: 133
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/22/2015 4:20:23 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: flipperwasirish

quote:

This is the funniest thing I have read in weeks!!!!

I also agree most people will not understand the really funny part here...LOL.

'
And I am one of them, Hi flipper how are you, of course I am a conservative from Pennsylvania and not a liberal from the great liberal state of Connecticut and the great liberal university of Yale, which intellectually is way above us mere little peons commonly known as conservatives, so maybe you could explain the really funny part here. If you can? Please type slow so we can digest it and be able to understand it.

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 3/22/2015 5:26:01 PM >

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 134
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/22/2015 4:29:15 PM   
bo

Extraneous you actually looked up that quote by Buddha Whoever she is

Of course this is a lot better than the doom and gloom of MWIF posters not posting anymore

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 3/22/2015 7:36:01 PM >

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 135
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/22/2015 4:37:31 PM   
bo

quote:

quote:

I removed the quote from my post, because I couldn't find an easily sourced attribution for it. I ran across it in a book a while back, which I don't have available any longer. Sorry about the confusion.

Hmmm sounds like the missing e-mails I have been reading about lately, oh well at least the forums are booming again, so I guess warspite and I were wrong.

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 3/22/2015 5:38:14 PM >

(in reply to jc4751)
Post #: 136
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/22/2015 5:39:21 PM   
wworld7

quote:

And I am one of them, Hi flipper how are you, of course I am a conservative from Pennsylvania and not a liberal from the great liberal state of Connecticut and the great liberal university of Yale, which intellectually is way above us mere little peons commonly known as conservatives, so maybe you could explain the really funny part here. If you can? Please type slow so we can digest it and be able to understand it.

Bo

Bo,

I'm semi OK, such is the lot of a conservative from Connecticut.

This is not one of those times to expand your knowledge, you had to be there.

Have a nice day.

Flipper

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 137
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/22/2015 6:20:53 PM   
Orm

quote:

Thank you for the quotes.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Extraneous)
Post #: 138
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/22/2015 6:21:13 PM   
bo

quote:

quote:

Bo

Bo,

Have a nice day.

Yes of course, for another time flipper, but the posts were about the comment by RickInVa, you know "I don't always test my code. But when I do, I test it in production"

I do not get it, I do not think paul got it [cannot answer for paul], I thought you were going to explain it to us, I actually feel stupid I don't get it. I am not being a smart a**, or trying to start anything I just want to know what he meant, nothing sinister here trust me

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 3/22/2015 7:23:53 PM >

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 139
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/22/2015 6:42:56 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bo

Bo,

Have a nice day.

Yes of course, for another time flipper, but the posts were about the comment by RickInVa, you know "I don't always test my code. But when I do, I test it in production"

I do not get it, I do not think paul got it [cannot answer for paul], I thought you were going to explain it to us, I actually feel stupid I don't get it. I am not being a smart a**, or trying to start anything I just want to know what he meant, nothing sinister here trust me

Bo
warspite1

bo don't stress it! I think the scenario is this:

- To understand the joke you need to be a geeky programmer.
- No "normal" person would understand that joke, hence Paul's comment.
- I am proud to say I do not understand it either and echo the monkeys comment - except I would upgrade to Piranha's.

* For the avoidance of doubt this is a light hearted response

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 140
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/22/2015 7:41:44 PM   
rkr1958

quote:

We're ready for our bath!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rkr1958 -- 3/22/2015 8:41:38 PM >

Ronnie

Post #: 141
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/22/2015 7:46:31 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Ewwwwww........

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 142
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/22/2015 8:01:36 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bo

Bo,

Have a nice day.

Bo
warspite1

- I am proud to say I do not understand it either and echo the monkeys comment - except I would upgrade to Piranha's.

Not an ounce of stress warspite its the most fun I have had here since the game came out, your up to 141 posts by the way and you said the forums were dead Errrr who said I was normal.

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 3/22/2015 9:09:20 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 143
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/22/2015 8:03:38 PM   
bo

quote:

quote:

Hehe, good one Ronnie, good lord they look young, what year did they come into the picture and are they all still alive?

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 3/22/2015 9:05:30 PM >

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 144
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/22/2015 8:08:03 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bo

Bo,

Have a nice day.

Bo
warspite1

Not an ounce of stress warspite its the most fun I have had here since the game came out, your up to 141 posts by the way and you said the forums were dead

Bo
warspite1

Well I didn't write the post I wanted to write, as a result the thread - not unsurprisingly - went off tangent and now is home to computer geeks with their "jokes"

But hey! So what? At least the thread has people posting. Would be good now to have an update from Erik on an outline of plans for the remainder of 2015. Getting one or two optionals and the single map campaigns would perhaps spark further interest.

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 145
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/22/2015 8:13:09 PM   
bo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bo

Bo,

Have a nice day.

Bo
warspite1

Not an ounce of stress warspite its the most fun I have had here since the game came out, your up to 141 posts by the way and you said the forums were dead

Bo
warspite1

Well I didn't write the post I wanted to write, as a result the thread - not unsurprisingly - went off tangent and now is home to computer geeks with their "jokes"

But hey! So what? At least the thread has people posting. Would be good now to have an update from Erik on an outline of plans for the remainder of 2015. Getting one or two optionals and the single map campaigns would perhaps spark further interest.

Please warspite no Hijacking the posts to get back to reality like having Erik give us that kind of information. Besides isn't 9:15PM in the British Empire and your up a little late for all this banter.

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 3/22/2015 9:14:48 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 146
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/22/2015 8:16:18 PM   
rkr1958

quote:

Hehe, good one Ronnie, good lord they look young, what year did they come into the picture and are they all still alive?

Bo
Bo, Thanks. That picture is from 1966. It may have been a promo for their TV series that ran from 1966 to 1968. I have fond memories watching it with my dad. I was 8 when it started, my dad, who seemed ancient at the time, was 45. I can remember my dad saying that they all looked like a bunch of hippies and needed haircuts. To me now, they look like four clean cut young boys. Didn't Davy Jones pass recently?

< Message edited by rkr1958 -- 3/22/2015 9:16:52 PM >

Ronnie

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 147
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/22/2015 8:19:22 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bo

Bo,

Have a nice day.

Bo
warspite1

Bo
warspite1

Please warspite no Hijacking the posts to get back to reality like having Erik give us that kind of information. Besides isn't 9:15PM in the British Empire and your up a little late for all this banter.

Bo
warspite1

Actually its 20:19 and no, the sun never sets on the British Empire

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 148
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/22/2015 8:20:19 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Bo
Bo, Thanks. That picture is from 1966. It may have been a promo for their TV series that ran from 1966 to 1968. I have fond memories watching it with my dad. I was 8 when it started, my dad, who seemed ancient at the time, was 45. I can remember my dad saying that they all looked like a bunch of hippies and needed haircuts. To me now, they look like four clean cut young boys. Didn't Davy Jones pass recently?

warspite1

Yes the only British member of the band died three years ago sadly.

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 149
RE: Sad, sad, sad....... - 3/22/2015 8:26:55 PM   
bo

Wow warspite if I thought you were going to use military time I would have been more careful It is 16:40 here in Philly and I thought we were five hours difference, my bad, Hmmm I think the British empire has shrunk a little since the days of Horatio Nelson, could be wrong though. Hate to be wrong!

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Sad, sad, sad....... Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI