Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Also As Germans in 41, How Far Forward Do Your Spearheads Operate Normally?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Also As Germans in 41, How Far Forward Do Your Spearheads Operate Normally? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Also As Germans in 41, How Far Forward Do Your Spearhea... - 4/10/2015 5:54:04 PM   
rainman2015

quote:

ORIGINAL: rainman2015

Also, what is the general supply range limit you try to operate your spearhead panzer corps and infantry corps within?

I am finding i have my HQ just barely within 25 hexes, but over 30 MPs (35-39?) a LOT of the time, as that is what it takes to 1) keep pushing (just to stay up with historical) and 2) to exploit the deep penetrations needed to attempt encirclements (or at least to leverage out the Soviets with possible encirclements)...so, my actual divisions are many times over the 25 hexes and or right at it, and in the high 30 MPs for sure from the supply head when i finish their move.

I asked this question as part of the just posted 'How Many time do you use HQBU in 1.08.02?' post, but thought i would make the above question it's own separate post. This applies most specifically to the Germans in 41, but would apply in lots of other later situations too no doubt.

In order to penetrate deeply enough and create long pincers needed for possible encirclements (or at least the threat of one), i am finding i am operating my spearheads constantly in 41 as the Germans at near 25 hexes and 30+ MPs for corps HQs and many times even more than that for the panzer division spearpoints.

Even a lot of infanty corps once they come up operate near that range.

What is the correct supply range zone to operate in before you get too far, and where do yall usually operate in during a big offensive push like 41 for the Germans (i.e. how many hexes and MPs from a railhead when you end your turn for both HQs and for actual divisions, both panzer and infantry)?

Thanks!
Randy
:)

Randy
:)
Post #: 1
RE: Also As Germans in 41, How Far Forward Do Your Spea... - 4/10/2015 6:07:11 PM   
Peltonx

The bad part of WitE is that most average SHC players know how long that German logistics chain is so

1. They withdraw just out of range and start forming a solid line.
2. With draw 20-30 units out of the south and start building a wall of steel from Leningrad south.
3. checker board below the marsh.

This way its next to impossible to form pockets until turn 12 + and not easy.

Generally Germany rushes forward for 4 turns then has to wait for supply chain to get to front.

This is basicly how it works for me:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3822344

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to rainman2015)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Also As Germans in 41, How Far Forward Do Your Spearheads Operate Normally? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI