Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Commander: The Great War Updated to v.1.6.4.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> Commander: The Great War Updated to v.1.6.4. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Commander: The Great War Updated to v.1.6.4. - 5/20/2015 1:38:12 PM   
Daniele

Good news!

Commander: the Great War has been Updated to Version 1.6.4!
This version improves the game in many ways and fixes some important bugs!

You can download the patch from here

Here's the changelog:

Bug Fixes:
- Fixed a crash with late-game saves (and MP games) and specific commanders being unlocked and carried over from previous patch

- Fixed a problems with UNDO move after post-attack advancing

- Fixed a problem with entrenchment technology progressing

- Fixed a problem with Serbia's surrender and negative morale that could cause infinite AI loop or a crash

< Message edited by Daniele -- 5/20/2015 2:39:35 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Commander: The Great War Updated to v.1.6.4. - 5/20/2015 3:19:55 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniele

Good news!

Commander: the Great War has been Updated to Version 1.6.4!
This version improves the game in many ways and fixes some important bugs!

You can download the patch from here

Here's the changelog:

Bug Fixes:
- Fixed a crash with late-game saves (and MP games) and specific commanders being unlocked and carried over from previous patch

- Fixed a problems with UNDO move after post-attack advancing

- Fixed a problem with entrenchment technology progressing

- Fixed a problem with Serbia's surrender and negative morale that could cause infinite AI loop or a crash

Daniele, Johnny Bravo, Kirk

Will this patch mess up an active MP match when downloaded? or do I/we have to finish matches before DL patch?

Bob

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: Commander: The Great War Updated to v.1.6.4. - 5/20/2015 4:15:45 PM   
v.Manstein

You should be fine to continue with your mp matches.

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 3
RE: Commander: The Great War Updated to v.1.6.4. - 5/21/2015 3:59:28 AM   
AEWHistory

Is this the update that fixes the Bulgarians hesitating to get in the war?

Many thanks!

(in reply to v.Manstein)
Post #: 4
RE: Commander: The Great War Updated to v.1.6.4. - 6/12/2015 6:31:50 AM   
Jagdtiger14

I just bought the game. Do I need to install 1.6.4?...or does the game come with it already pre-installed?
Thanks

Never mind, I got it.

< Message edited by Jagdtiger14 -- 6/12/2015 7:36:34 AM >

Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC

(in reply to AEWHistory)
Post #: 5
RE: Commander: The Great War Updated to v.1.6.4. - 8/31/2015 11:26:31 AM   
Housies

quote:

ORIGINAL: AEWHistory

Is this the update that fixes the Bulgarians hesitating to get in the war?

Many thanks!

Same question here.

Are the Bulgarians still turning red before entering the war? Thus not entering the CP side at all?

Thanks

(in reply to AEWHistory)
Post #: 6
RE: Commander: The Great War Updated to v.1.6.4. - 8/31/2015 12:01:32 PM   
operating

Hello Housies,

Have not seen your name on the forum for quite a spell. One of the quirks of the game diplomatically, that is Bulgaria, was on Kirk's the designer's list to the CTGW programmer to have fixed (before 1.64 release), it did not get fixed to where Bulgaria did not remain an enigma, if there was a programing fix put in, it had just about nil "0" effect in improving the Bulgaria's entering. It's not Kirk's fault, it has to do with CTGW management's fault with failing to keep up with obvious faults within the game. Bulgaria does enter the game if CP has been wining, What the parameters are exactly to enhance Bulgaria's march to war eludes me, forget about Bulgaria entering if CP is doing badly...

Bob

(in reply to Housies)
Post #: 7
RE: Commander: The Great War Updated to v.1.6.4. - 9/16/2015 11:32:11 AM   
Housies

quote:

ORIGINAL: operating

Hello Housies,

Have not seen your name on the forum for quite a spell. One of the quirks of the game diplomatically, that is Bulgaria, was on Kirk's the designer's list to the CTGW programmer to have fixed (before 1.64 release), it did not get fixed to where Bulgaria did not remain an enigma, if there was a programing fix put in, it had just about nil "0" effect in improving the Bulgaria's entering. It's not Kirk's fault, it has to do with CTGW management's fault with failing to keep up with obvious faults within the game. Bulgaria does enter the game if CP has been wining, What the parameters are exactly to enhance Bulgaria's march to war eludes me, forget about Bulgaria entering if CP is doing badly...

Bob

Thanks Bob,

Went for a SP game with CP anyway. Bulgaria went red after USA joined in on the war. I was carefully avoiding the first gas attack and at 6 turns they did go red.
Eventually, they joined at a certain moment. Still no clue what triggered it, but I was winning the war already, that's for sure. Think it might have been right after France surrender.
Anyhow it was a fun game. After the fall of France however the morale of other Entente powers had dropped dramatically and they all surrendered. Italy even surrendered without any city lost to the Austrians.

Pity they did not solve the Bulgaria enigma. Most of the diplomacy in this game is hard coded (which is good as it gives a historical touch). So why don't they hard code Bulgaria. It would result in a fair game for MP.

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 8
RE: Commander: The Great War Updated to v.1.6.4. - 9/16/2015 1:28:19 PM   
operating

quote:

Pity they did not solve the Bulgaria enigma. Most of the diplomacy in this game is hard coded (which is good as it gives a historical touch). So why don't they hard code Bulgaria. It would result in a fair game for MP.

Hello Housies,

Oh! I completely agree with you there!

Bob

(in reply to Housies)
Post #: 9
RE: Commander: The Great War Updated to v.1.6.4. - 9/17/2015 9:06:16 PM   
freeboy

I played this prior to december and it was REALLY different.. new install and patch has new units.. mini garrisons and plays quite a bit differnet
bravo

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> Commander: The Great War Updated to v.1.6.4. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI