Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

move game between machines.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> move game between machines. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
move game between machines. - 6/2/2015 1:29:38 AM   
Higgins001

I have WITE currently installed on home desktop.
Expecting new laptop soon, and fixen to port it over to new laptop.
I know the license only calls for game on 1 machine so will I have a problem loading it on new hardware?
Do I delete off of workstation first?
Post #: 1
RE: move game between machines. - 6/2/2015 3:01:17 PM   
wga8888

I have the same game installed on my two machines (windows desktop and mac laptop with windows partition). I purchase the actual disk [which comes with an immediate download). One of my two machines had to have a complete harddrive reformat so I just reinstalled from disk.

As a side note my WITP: AE disk got damaged then thrown away when I was not home. I have the game SN registered with Matrix and installed on one machine. I would to contact Matrix if I can install without re-purchase on the other machine if possible. My primary desktop is likely to have a harddrive crash within the next 12 months as drive is starting to get noisy.

harddrives go bad. I have no problem buying new games and keeping matrix in business. However I do not like buying the same game over and over again. My buying games is a sore point at home as it is. Perhaps I should spend my free time at sports bars like most guys my age.

Bill Thomson
wga8888@icloud.com
Discord: wga8888 #7339
817-501-2978 CST [-6 GMT]

(in reply to Higgins001)
Post #: 2
RE: move game between machines. - 6/2/2015 4:01:56 PM   
pompack

Hint:
If you get the digital download, save an image of the complete load module (NOT the installed game) on a backup disk. For example, while I have never had the game on more than one machine at a time, I have gone through four computers since WitP:AE came out.
I can't stress enough the importance of keeping a backup of EVERYTHING that is important to you; One TB backup drives are dirt cheap and worth a lot.
As an additional hint, I do suggest that you keep you backup drive powered down and with the data and power cables disconnected; power surges can get ugly

(in reply to wga8888)
Post #: 3
RE: move game between machines. - 6/2/2015 5:33:53 PM   
Higgins001

Thanks. I have the downloaded install packagess, and my S/N's. So hopefully it works without having to contact Matrix and resetting my S/N 's
So assuming no problems I'll delete from workstation once WITE and epansion paks load on new laptop, then I'll buy WITW- this game is epic!

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> move game between machines. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI