Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Mega Campaigin Will: Stalingrad

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> New Mega Campaigin Will: Stalingrad Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Mega Campaigin Will: Stalingrad - 4/12/2001 2:57:00 AM   
Mikimoto

Hello. I liked so much the struggle in Stalingrad. How about a MC begining with the approaches to the city in the autumm. The bloody fight to take the city (Remember Red October factory). The rumanian collapse in the flanks (operation Uranus begins). The encirclement of the German army. The aerial ressuply and first attempts to break the siege. Lack of supply stops German initiative... Perhaps possibilities of breaking Hitlers commands and abandon the city. The surrender... ¿What do you think about this?

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio
Post #: 1
- 4/12/2001 3:38:00 AM   
BamnBamn

I don't even have the game yet.. but I'd vote yes!!

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 2
- 4/12/2001 3:44:00 AM   
skukko

Mikimoto, mailto me, I have some suggestions to your camp. What it comes to Stalingrad: No way they can sell it. Unless they do it from russian side :D Think about it: You have your core and you feed all men to russians rugged defence :D nah, its too short anyway... mosh :eek:

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 3
- 4/12/2001 4:56:00 AM   
Gallo Rojo

quote:

Originally posted by Mikimoto: Hello. I liked so much the struggle in Stalingrad. How about a MC begining with the approaches to the city in the autumm. ¿What do you think about this?
Hola Catalán! Estoy casi seguro que una campaña de Staligrado (lado alemán) viene incluída en la versión 5.0, fijate en post más viejos. No es una de nuevas Mega Campañas, si no una de las tradicionales. La secuencia de las batallas es más o menos como vos proponés. Si recuerdo bien, La campaña fue diseñada por un compañero del foro (no recuerdo el nombre) no por Will Bill ni por la gente de Matrix *** In english now: I have read in a previous post that will be an Stalingrad Campaign coming with 5.0 version. Is not a Mega Campaign but a designed one. But, what you guys think about a Soviet side Stalingrad Campaign?

The bayonet is a weapon with a worker on each end

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 4
- 4/12/2001 5:35:00 AM   
Mikimoto

Hello. Skukko: I'm thinking in a Campaign covering the adventures of the characters depicted at the film Stalingrad, or something close to it(An elite Sturm Batallion). That includes: The attack in the caucasus, the city fight, the encerclement and the siege, and the hypotethical scape. Gallo Rojo: Proud to be Catalan. And to pertain to the Spanish-speak community. The idea of the Russian side Campaign is... good!!! I like it. Saludos a todos. :cool:

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 5
- 4/12/2001 5:46:00 AM   
skukko

Film was good. How do you simulate sewers and boozing in this game? LOL :D mosh no need to answer... :eek:

salute

mosh

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 6
- 4/12/2001 5:58:00 AM   
ruxius

:) Boys let me say you are incredible!..with so much to be still discovered and enjoyed in SPWAW5.0 and MEgaC DesertWar41 you are just running so far in the future.. May I consider some of your free-time for sale ? I would be very interested in buying a little of that ... ;) Sincerely Frank !

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 7
- 4/12/2001 7:28:00 AM   
skukko

Ruxius: In desert is no vodka and there is allways sun and no ice for whiskey. Thats why I dream about frozen hell, or how do we call battles of Stalingrad... :D mosh :D speartime? Who has it? I want it too...

salute

mosh

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 8
- 4/12/2001 12:22:00 PM   
Tom_Davie

Vodka? Whiskey? Pah; give me a nice straight Gin n Tonic and you'll know my favourite nationality. But a Stalingrad mega campaign? Sure. Tom

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 9
- 4/12/2001 5:41:00 PM   
skukko

might it be that if we beg enough, someone of the MC will hear our thoughts of this? mosh :D

salute

mosh

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 10
- 4/12/2001 9:47:00 PM   
kutalik

All ideas above sound great. I had put some thought before about putting together a Stalingrad campaign from the Soviet perspective (that is if I can ever actually finish my Spanish Civil War one). I always thought it would be cool to design a "mirror" campaign -- one that allowed players to play as either side. Hey think of the commerical appeal for Matrix on a Russian Stalingrad MC -- following on the coat tails of Enemy at the Gates. Once again though how would we simulate boozing and partying down in the bunker (and other movie inventions) ? :D Guess it would be more fun than simulating freezing to death or being assigned to a punishment detail though like in the German film :D

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 11
- 4/12/2001 11:31:00 PM   
Panzer Capta

Well lads, let us not even think about putting ice in whiskey.....a sin indeed.

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 12
- 4/12/2001 11:45:00 PM   
Mikimoto

Hi, PanzerCaptain. Are you a Highlander? I drink Wodka with lemmon or orange with Ice (on the rocks?) And Cognac, Brandy(spanish version), Xerez, Bourbon and Whiskey without Ice. A mortal Sin, to put Ice in it. But I'm a sinner sometimes and put Ice in the whiskey... Going Hell. :D :mad:

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 13
- 4/13/2001 2:48:00 AM   
Panzer Capta

quote:

Originally posted by Mikimoto: Hi, PanzerCaptain. Are you a Highlander? I drink Wodka with lemmon or orange with Ice (on the rocks?) And Cognac, Brandy(spanish version), Xerez, Bourbon and Whiskey without Ice. A mortal Sin, to put Ice in it. But I'm a sinner sometimes and put Ice in the whiskey... Going Hell. :D :mad:
I am an irishman Mikimoto. Dont worry, ya wont be going to hell for putting ice in yer whiskey!! In fact, you go through less bottles that way. Panzer Captain :)

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 14
- 4/13/2001 3:21:00 AM   
Grumble

If "Stalingrad" itself is too short, then what about an MC incorporating the Summer '42 campaign? That would give one Manstein's ops in the south, culminating in Stalingrad battles.
quote:

Film was good. How do you simulate sewers and boozing in this game? LOL
and what you do about Rachel Weisz? on second thought probably better not to ask :eek:

"...these go up to eleven."
Nigel Tufnel

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 15
- 4/13/2001 9:57:00 AM   
BryanMelvin

Hold on - there will be a regular Stalingrad campaign with 5.0. This will wet your appetite for what comes later :D :D

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 16
- 4/18/2001 6:36:00 PM   
Gallo Rojo

quote:

Originally posted by BryanMelvin: Hold on - there will be a regular Stalingrad campaign with 5.0. This will wet your appetite for what comes later :D :D
Hi! Was you who designed Stalingrad campaign for 5.0 version?

The bayonet is a weapon with a worker on each end

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 17
- 4/18/2001 6:58:00 PM   
Maximus

In response to Panzer Captain's quote on drinks ;) my family is fron the highlands, and just give me a good bottle of single malt Scotch and I'll conquer the world. You know whiskey was invented to keep the Irish from ruling the world. :D

"Protection from what Tommy....Ze Germans?"

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> New Mega Campaigin Will: Stalingrad Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI