Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SPWaW v5.0 Release Report.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW v5.0 Release Report. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SPWaW v5.0 Release Report. - 4/14/2001 12:51:00 AM   
David Heath

Ok Men We are making progress and are just about there. It will not be this holiday weekend. We truly expect it will go gold Mid week. We are really pouring on the features and killing bugs. I will also like to state that a lot of the bugs you guys are reporting have been corrected with this build. So please give this little extra time and I am sure you will not be sorry.

Post #: 1
- 4/14/2001 12:56:00 AM   
miharme

Thank you, Sir! Take your time to kill all the bugs and make all the improvements. BTW, could you give a hint how big the update from 4.5 to 5.0 will be? I'm using a modem, and it would be nice to know in advance, how long it'll take to upload the thing.

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 2
- 4/14/2001 1:33:00 AM   
McGib

I think its safe to say David that all of us loyal fans are more than willing to wait for you guys to squash all known bugs prior to releasing V5. I for one am more than happy to wait for even the possibility of a bug-free version.

Ready Aye Ready

Post #: 3
- 4/14/2001 1:35:00 AM   
Mikimoto

Thanks Sir. Kill them all merciless. They are the Big enemy. :mad: Thanks'n'Saludos ;)

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

Post #: 4
- 4/14/2001 1:44:00 AM   
AStott

If you want to see how big the update will be, just go to the downloads page. It has the size of the patch and the full download. (I don't recall numbers off the top of my head.) Just scroll to the bottom of the downloads page, you'll find it.

Post #: 5
- 4/14/2001 1:50:00 AM   
Major_Johnson

Hey Dave! Will preordered cd's go out the same day that it is available or will they have to be made?? I decided not too tie up my phone line for a whole weekend downloading, and I ordered a few copies! Thanks!

M.J.!
We serve others best when at the same time we serve ourselves.

Post #: 6
- 4/14/2001 3:20:00 AM   
David Heath

All preorders will be shipped before we build the online download version. There are only two of us on the main office and we can only handle one thing at a time. Once all the reorders are shipped we will then the download version and place it online. We also are doing the preorder first since you guys did pay upfront.

Post #: 7
- 4/14/2001 3:43:00 AM   
Wild Bill

We've all been stomping bugs so much these last few weeks that we have to change our shoes to come in the house...bug juice...ARGH :eek: Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 8
- 4/14/2001 4:28:00 AM   
Ryne

If you don't get this out soon, I'm gonna have to give you more money...

The best defense is a good offense...

Post #: 9
- 4/14/2001 5:25:00 AM   
Coachace

quote:

If you don't get this out soon, I'm gonna have to give you more money...
:D :D :D :D HAhaha I hear ya! How about everybody preordering an extra copy of the soon-to-be-released MC to help these guys continue their efforts. ;) Wouldn't it be the pits if we read a message stating the future demise of Matrix? :eek: Here, take my money!!!

Post #: 10
- 4/14/2001 5:57:00 AM   
Zorfwaddle

quote:

Originally posted by David Heath: All preorders will be shipped before we build the online download version. There are only two of us on the main office and we can only handle one thing at a time. Once all the reorders are shipped we will then the download version and place it online. We also are doing the preorder first since you guys did pay upfront.
Ill have to ask the wife to get the CD down to me when it shows up :). Ill be TAD with no internet connection by the time it comes out :(. Thank god for "conjugal" (sp-5) visits ;)

"AK-47. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every m****rf****r in the room. Accept no substitutes." Ordell Robbie - "Jackie Brown"

Post #: 11
- 4/14/2001 6:20:00 AM   
Don Doom

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: We've all been stomping bugs so much these last few weeks that we have to change our shoes to come in the house...bug juice...ARGH :eek: Wild Bill
Hmm Bug Juice hope it is the red kind. I need something to clean the grill with. :D :D :cool:

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

Post #: 12
- 4/14/2001 9:58:00 AM   
Nukenin

Well, I just preordered the MC which of course will only delay the availability of the download version. Oh well! It'd be nice if everyone did the same. :)

--/\/

Post #: 13
- 4/17/2001 7:24:00 AM   
Alby

quote:

Originally posted by David Heath: All preorders will be shipped before we build the online download version. There are only two of us on the main office and we can only handle one thing at a time. Once all the reorders are shipped we will then the download version and place it online. We also are doing the preorder first since you guys did pay upfront.
In answering a question I posted about me moving and my address would be changing, paul said it wont be shipping for a "week or so" So are we talking another 2 to 3 weeks to be able to download, and another 2 possibly to start shipping?? :confused:

Post #: 14
- 4/17/2001 7:26:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

No I doubt it will be that long. We will know more in a day or two...

Post #: 15
- 4/17/2001 7:31:00 AM   
Alby

Geez your fast on the reply, hadnt even refreshed the page yet heheheh Thanks Paul ;)

Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW v5.0 Release Report. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI