Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Patch first

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> RE: Patch first Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patch first - 9/6/2015 1:49:00 PM   
roy64

Can you at lest let us know what fixes\improvements will be in the patch, the silence is deafening.

(in reply to con20or)
Post #: 31
RE: Patch first - 9/6/2015 2:03:20 PM   
con20or

The silence is not deafening, we released a major addition only 3 days ago!

We are currently testing new UI improvements, tactical and campaign ai changes and also some game bugs like blocked access to LHS on WL04. I can't be more specific than that as I do not know what will be in the final version.

(in reply to roy64)
Post #: 32
RE: Patch first - 9/6/2015 2:41:25 PM   
roy64

quote:

ORIGINAL: con20or

The silence is not deafening, we released a major addition only 3 days ago!

I meant the patch. The patch that will fix the bugs, I'm well aware you just released some tools for the modders which will no doubt get them all excited.

quote:

We are currently testing new UI improvements, tactical and campaign ai changes and also some game bugs like blocked access to LHS on WL04. I can't be more specific than that as I do not know what will be in the final version.

Okay fair enough you don't know what bugs can be fixed.

< Message edited by roy64 -- 9/6/2015 6:59:44 PM >

(in reply to con20or)
Post #: 33
RE: Patch first - 10/13/2015 8:10:41 PM   
Gettysburg

After 4 month something news from the patch? !!!!And where can i find all the Mods?:this was the reason to release the SDK first for the modders!!!!!!

< Message edited by stultus -- 10/13/2015 9:11:40 PM >

(in reply to con20or)
Post #: 34
RE: Patch first - 10/14/2015 8:32:16 AM   
con20or

We are working on it. We have released

- the beta patch
- the SDK
- the scenario editor

These all take time to design and need testing to make sure no other bugs are introduced. For example - the occupy LHS bug, we fixed that twice prior to launch. We got bug reports from the forums and are looking at it again. We fixed the issues in those saves, but then found another rare instance of it. So that needs a fix and needs testing and we start again. This process is slow but it has to be if we want it done right. We will have lots of Ai edits in the patch - they all need extensive play-testing in campaign, single player, multiplayer.

We are working on the Patch and I promise it will be ready as soon as possible, no-one wants it out more than us.

In regards the mods - we don't make them - the community has to make mods. The matrix forum seems pretty quiet on that front - but there is a presence building up on our forums, if you are interested in making mods - sign up there.

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/waterloo-modifications

(in reply to Gettysburg)
Post #: 35
RE: Patch first - 10/19/2015 3:37:32 PM   
Gettysburg

You make the SDK first, but the game have so mutch bugs that you need month to elimante this???.
Real is, you give the the community a tool to make mods to buy time, because this game was not ready in june , only a better beta Version and from the beginn you now that you need several month to elimante bugs and to improve the gameplay in the background.
This was my last game from norbsoft .

< Message edited by stultus -- 10/19/2015 4:55:32 PM >

(in reply to con20or)
Post #: 36
RE: Patch first - 10/20/2015 8:48:20 AM   
con20or

I can't say for sure what will make it in the final patch as that is Norb's call, but what we have been testing is made up of about:

50% Ai improvements
20% reported bug fixes
10% gameplay changes
10% performance improvements
10% UI edits

and something else big which will not be in the patch but will follow on shortly afterwards.

(in reply to Gettysburg)
Post #: 37
RE: Patch first - 10/26/2015 12:55:21 AM   
rommel222

Greetings to All,
I want to purchase this Napoleonic simulation but will not until at least one more comprehensive path is released. Even then, I will visit the forums to see if it addresses the bugs/problems. I have and play all the Hps napoleonic titles, as well as Talonsoft titles and SOW Gettysburg 150th anniversary and Take Command 1st and 2nd Bull Run. SOW Waterloo was rushed out for the anniversary of the battle and as such suffers. Why a patch rather than an an SDK was put out baffles me. There also needs to be a demo for those of us who use laptops to see if it runs.

(in reply to con20or)
Post #: 38
RE: Patch first - 10/26/2015 3:03:23 AM   
rommel222

Correction,
Why a patch was NOT put out rather than an SDK baffles me. I apologize for posting after a bottle of Vermont red wine.
I also own and game Histwar Austerlitz and Histar Les Grognards as well.

(in reply to rommel222)
Post #: 39
RE: Patch first - 10/27/2015 11:07:46 AM   
con20or

quote:

and something else big which will not be in the patch but will follow on shortly afterwards.

The, 'something else' was announced today - the patch will be out before that release.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3956253

(in reply to con20or)
Post #: 40
RE: Patch first - 10/27/2015 4:30:01 PM   
JamesLxx

quote:

quote:

The, 'something else' was announced today - the patch will be out before that release.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3956253

I've just had a look the preview on steam.....funny how none of the videos or screenshots show the tangled crisscross of formations that happen in the actual game. Unless of course they have been fixed in the upcoming patch!

< Message edited by JamesL -- 10/27/2015 5:34:08 PM >

(in reply to con20or)
Post #: 41
RE: Patch first - 10/27/2015 4:43:52 PM   
Gettysburg

Yes, but we have a SDK

A patch bevor release on steam!!! Con20or do
you think we are stupid!!!

< Message edited by stultus -- 10/27/2015 5:55:35 PM >

(in reply to JamesLxx)
Post #: 42
RE: Patch first - 10/27/2015 7:15:08 PM   
con20or

Yes - unit maneuvers have been worked on in the patch.

Yes - we hope to release the patch before the steam launch date - as i mentioned in my last post.

There is nothing else I can add to this thread.

< Message edited by con20or -- 10/27/2015 8:15:45 PM >

(in reply to Gettysburg)
Post #: 43
RE: Patch first - 10/27/2015 8:11:56 PM   
Gettysburg

And that is also not necessary!!

(in reply to con20or)
Post #: 44
RE: Patch first - 11/22/2015 12:35:08 AM   
rommel222

Greetings to All,
Almost 7 months after release a patch is released to fix bugs. But the patch causes the game to freeze or crash. I almost purchased the game Friday but thought, wait for comments/AARs. As much as I would like to purchase, I am not going to pay for the honor to be a norbsoft beta tester.

I will wait for a COMPREHENSIVE patch before buying,
Back to HPS sims and Histwar

(in reply to Gettysburg)
Post #: 45
RE: Patch first - 11/22/2015 11:29:40 AM   
joebloggs

quote:

ORIGINAL: rommel222

Greetings to All,
Almost 7 months after release a patch is released to fix bugs. But the patch causes the game to freeze or crash. I almost purchased the game Friday but thought, wait for comments/AARs. As much as I would like to purchase, I am not going to pay for the honor to be a norbsoft beta tester.

I will wait for a COMPREHENSIVE patch before buying,
Back to HPS sims and Histwar

Yeah, right on. Why not go back to Histwar and be their Beta tester. Game was released TWO years ago and is still unplayable. Promised features have not been released and when you visit the forums the only activity is the tumbleweed blowing about. Don't get me started on the user interface. I have bought all JMM's releases in the various guises thinking that this time it will be great. Well no more I'm afraid. Enjoy your long, long beta test.

I can at least play SOWW and enjoy it. Comprehensive patch released after five months, not too bad.

(in reply to rommel222)
Post #: 46
RE: Patch first - 11/22/2015 2:23:48 PM   
rommel222

Greetings joebloggs,
Your point on Histwar is well taken and I agree the direction JMM is taking with the new Napoleon version (Histwar II) is turning me off as well. That is why I am waiting keenly for SOW Waterloo to get a single combined patch of the previous patches. If this comes in the form of a new addon or stand alone title, I will spring for it, probably using amazon prime to save on shipping. As I am nearing 65 I don't mind waiting longer, and I am glad you are enjoying SOW Waterloo. I enjoy SOW Gettysburg w/150th anniversary edition.
I am spending time in Spain and Portugal with John Tiller's Napoleon's Peninsular Campaign and look forward to volume 2. I hope SOW Spain will be next for norbsoft since the French/British forces are already fleshed out well from reading/watching AARs in the forums. Then SOW Jena/Auerstadt and then, if I am not pushing up weeds, SOW Austerlitz.
My apology for any offence taken for my prior post as I wait to march to the drums and follow the eagles of SOW Waterloo

(in reply to joebloggs)
Post #: 47
RE: Patch first - 11/22/2015 6:42:03 PM   
joebloggs

Hi rommel222,

No offense taken. Just an open sore as far as Histwar is concerned. So glad I opted for the basic version and not one of the more elaborate more expensive ones. I should have known better after the previous two attempts. LGAaA & Histwar1

I have all the SOW releases including 1st Bull Run and 2nd Manassas from way back when. Still play them. I use to have the HPS games as well. They were good but I prefer the impressive look of my sprite armies as I send them to yet more death or glory. Also, only so many hours in the day, a wife and two dogs.

I'm not a Norbsoft fanboy who bashes any unbelievers or an employee. I enjoy the games for their attempt to simulate warfare in the gunpowder age. They are fun, challenging and never cease to amaze me when I see something different or the AI tries something different. I've probably been beaten or failed lots more times than I have been successful. Keep coming back for more.

I take the SOW games for what they are and do not expect them to be perfect in every way but they do, IMHO, come pretty close. Each to their own.

(in reply to rommel222)
Post #: 48
RE: Patch first - 11/23/2015 7:24:17 PM   
con20or

quote:

I take the SOW games for what they are and do not expect them to be perfect in every way but they do, IMHO, come pretty close. Each to their own.

Thanks for the kind words! If you have a steam key for your game - please give a review, every little helps and we would like to make this game a success

(in reply to joebloggs)
Post #: 49
RE: Patch first - 11/24/2015 2:59:45 PM   
konigsberger

Hi all. I think there are two things very important for the game:

-the reinforcements, I've played with the new patch but they are not available (this is very important according to me in Campaign Mode).
-for a better understanding of the game, according to me an editor is very important. The one we have with the SDK is quite good (a bit difficult, expecially for the large number of windows opening...). But the lack of an OOB editor is the problem. Is it possible to use in some way the Garnier's one for the other games of Scourge of War series? Manual editing of CVS/Excel files is really an infinite work....

(in reply to con20or)
Post #: 50
RE: Patch first - 11/24/2015 4:26:43 PM   
Mr Digby

Hi konigsberger.

I can't comment about the campaign system, but creating OOBs is very simple once you get the basics, especially if you have excel which makes editing .csv files simple. Best to grab one of the stock ones in the SDK and make a few changes. If you change unit or commander names you have to edit the OOBnames.xml file as well which is an extra step beyond what was needed in Gettysburg but do it a few times and it gets easy. Perhaps I can help if you let me know what you want to do?

- Martin

(in reply to konigsberger)
Post #: 51
RE: Patch first - 11/29/2015 9:05:43 AM   
konigsberger

Hi Mr Digby,

for example : to convert the Peninsular War OOBs KS Mod to Vanilla Game. It's very long to change with Excel or a CSV editor the unit classes. Making a new one starting from Waterloo, as you correctly told me, requires to change the commanders' names and other things, which is a long procedure . With an OOB editor all things will be easier and faster....

Thank you for your reply and your offer.

Konigsberger

(in reply to Mr Digby)
Post #: 52
RE: Patch first - 11/29/2015 3:01:02 PM   
Mr Digby

You won't be able to convert the KS Peninsular OOB to run with the stock game because so much has been changed in the KS Mod. The KS Mod sprites are not in the stock game, many formations and weapons are not, and so on.

We never envisaged anyone wanting to take a KS OOB and revert it be played on the stock game. In effect you'd be building your own mod.

May I ask if there is any particular reason you are not using the KS Mod? we did try to iron out those stock game anomalies which shouted out loudest while increasing what we feel is realism and keeping the good fun and gameplay elements (we don't think realism and good gameplay are exclusive - we enjoy both).

Our group has written an OOBnames.xml file compiler. We are testing it at the moment and expect to release that for OOB modders soon.

- Martin

< Message edited by Mr Digby -- 11/29/2015 4:01:21 PM >

Post #: 53
RE: Patch first - 11/30/2015 11:14:42 AM   
konigsberger

Hi Martin,

thank you. My answer: because I'm not "familiar" with the Vanilla game yet, so I prefer play Vanilla and after play KS Mod , which is of course super! Only for this...

Marco

(in reply to Mr Digby)
Post #: 54
RE: Patch first - 11/30/2015 2:27:06 PM   
pakfront

There is also a XML tool in the SDK, "SDK\SowScenarioEditor\OOBToNames.exe" It merges changes to an OOB csv into an XML file, and can also update an OOB from XML.

< Message edited by pakfront -- 11/30/2015 3:27:27 PM >

Post #: 55
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> RE: Patch first Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI