Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[RTB Issue fixed v1.11] Air Groups RTB

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [RTB Issue fixed v1.11] Air Groups RTB Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[RTB Issue fixed v1.11] Air Groups RTB - 8/28/2015 2:27:01 PM   
Spartan07

Ive just bought the game and trying to get up to speed. This question will seem very petty, but every time i select aircraft and launch them as a group they never group and almost immediately return to base. Any idea what I'm doing wrong.

Mike

< Message edited by emsoy -- 11/26/2015 7:53:58 PM >

Mike - Nego
Post #: 1
RE: Air Groups RTB - 8/29/2015 2:10:15 AM   
Casinn

I generally launch as a group with no mission, then add them to the mission once in the air. Before I started doing that I would occasionally see a group not group like you describe. (if I remember correctly it was always multiple groups going after same targets)

(in reply to Spartan07)
Post #: 2
RE: Air Groups RTB - 8/29/2015 11:38:33 AM   
Dimitris

Hello,

Would it be possible to post a save for investigation? This should not be happening.

Thanks!

(in reply to Casinn)
Post #: 3
RE: Air Groups RTB - 10/3/2015 8:40:49 PM   
Sensei.Tokugawa

Resurrecting this thread as it seems since I am often observing this situation myself and it is also driving me nuts, but I thought it's something with the way I design my missions - first assumption was that I must have assigned more aircraft than in the original mission plan.

However the package contains two more files - one depicting the maritime surveillance recon flight north disobeying the height, speed and course orders contrary to the assigned mission parameters and the last something completely weird to me - Egyptian Malyutka subs completely surfaced and using their radars to wreck DDs and FFs at will, using the guns and torpedos, quite immune to anything I am throwing at them, shooting the choppers and fxed wing A/Cs off the sky etc. - such wild exploits. There's really nothing wrong with that? One of them had gotten zapped, but only after I had micromanaged manually the depth charge chain drop.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by burroughs -- 10/3/2015 9:46:39 PM >

"-What if one doesn't make it?
-Then we know he was no good for SpetsNaz. ..."
V. Suvorov, "Spetsnaz;the Story behind the Soviet SAS"

...No escape from Passchendaele .../ God Dethroned, "Passiondale"

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 4
RE: Air Groups RTB - 10/3/2015 11:22:23 PM   
Chris21wen

I'm new to this game as well and have come across all the problems you have encountered.

I've only looked at one, the Maritime Surveillance.

You have set up a Sea control patrol which cause the a/c to check all contacts in the area and if hostile attack them using the a/c normal attack profile but the a/c is unarmed. The Gannet COD has no radar, using Mk 1 eyeball so it is useless in an AEW role. Victorious has three AEW Gannets which you can use in a AEW support mission.

I also see that you have used some existing ref points that are part of an exclusion/no-nav zones. Somewhere I think I read that this causes problems when they are used in other mission. I do not know why if I'm correct.

Hope this helps

< Message edited by Chris H -- 10/4/2015 8:22:30 AM >

(in reply to Sensei.Tokugawa)
Post #: 5
RE: Air Groups RTB - 10/4/2015 8:44:00 AM   
Chris21wen

The RTB problem

The two Sea Vixen No 892 NAS don't have the fuel.

I got the four Javelins to carry out the mission by unassigning them on the map, removing them from the mission then adding them back. I do not know why they did not carry out the mission initially but it might have something to do with Flight size?? I had it happen and I think it was my problem.

Post #: 6
RE: Air Groups RTB - 10/4/2015 9:09:20 AM   
Chris21wen

Go to the editor and switch sides. FF Loch Alvie gets sunk by a torp. The sub is recharging batteries so it cannot submerge but is also out of all but one of the FF weapons arcs.

All the ships searching for the sub have 1950 tech. The sub is also small so not an easy target to hit. In WW2 ramming was always an option against U-boats.

Post #: 7
RE: Air Groups RTB - 10/4/2015 11:29:40 AM   
Sensei.Tokugawa

Thanks for the insight.

However, in the first save the problem was the Javelins that were taking off from Kuwait City AB - their fresh with fuel to the brim, they were ready and weren't assigned any mission before - otherwise they would not launch their mission at all - yet they're breaking off as soon as they take off. Why did they start than at all? All I can come up is the mission profile - if I have assigned say three two AC flights then the seventh and eight planes get returned to their bases. But why have them take off only to return to AB and undergo the whole readiness check procedure kicking them out of use for a few precious hours? maybe they should generate a warning message like the one I get when I reassign the assets in flight and they don't have enough fuel to perform it?

The second save - I did not want to have an AEW flight up front, but eyes in the air so that was a concscious choice - there are two AEW mission active at the same time further south over the Gulf and the other over Kuwait itself to cover the area deeper into Iraqi territory. The eyes needed the protection though so as not to get them shot off the sky if they recon something ugly - why the mission parameters get neglected if I assign speed and height and have the use the overridden values option turned on in the mission profile? A gung-ho airman initiative? There are no clouds, visibility is good - if they cannot see properly first time, I'll have them have another pass a bit lower and that was assumption. Yet I had them slow down and fly over low casually the Iraqi PT boats - luckily no shots in anger were fired.

Third save - I don't to go into editor to know the torpedoes were launched and knocked home to knock my FFs out - I am following the reports. I have always deemed the opportunity to see the expenditures during the mission as an illegitimate intel - just like the istuation in which the torpedo misses an ambiguous subsurface target - clean GOBLIN that is - yet I can see in the report the details of the attack and defensive action taken with the exact target determination - Skipjack etc. Did the torpedo reported the identification?

I was aiming at the sub behaviour - it chases the frigates and destroyers actively using its radar and wrecking them with the deck gun, torpedos just add to the mess. So I wasn't aiming at the detection difficulties - I made a mistake by not having attached a serious consideration to the sub threat I had been warned about, that's true - but both subs were detected, but both went berserk and it looked like I had better have anything in the theater run like hell or I was looking at a serious chance of the whole task force getting defeated by two surfaced midget subs. If you went into editor - what's their proficiency? Gods-of-AsUW-war? How long does it take for them to recharge if I had them both - one was destroyed in the end after all - going to -30 m within minutes I decided to counter attack?

I am not new to the game, wargaming or military history, just returning from a very long period of land warfare to something much less researched by me.

"-What if one doesn't make it?
-Then we know he was no good for SpetsNaz. ..."
V. Suvorov, "Spetsnaz;the Story behind the Soviet SAS"

...No escape from Passchendaele .../ God Dethroned, "Passiondale"

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 8
RE: Air Groups RTB - 10/4/2015 6:07:13 PM   
ComDev

Thanks, I'll look into

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [RTB Issue fixed v1.11] Air Groups RTB Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI