Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone expansion!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: DLCs >> Command: Northern Inferno >> Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone expansion! Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone exp... - 9/18/2015 4:15:04 PM   
Daniele

‘Better' is the enemy of 'Good Enough’ - Sergey Gorshkov, Admiral of the Fleet of the Soviet Union

The countdown has started! Warfare Sims, award-winning developers of Command Air/Naval Operations - the extraordinary real time wargame that changed the face of modern warfare simulations - today announce a new, stand-alone game that uses the latest version of CMANO: Command Northern Inferno!

Through 15 scenarios accurately written by Paul A. Bridge, active Royal Navy officer and Falkland’s veteran, you are cast into a fictional conflict between the Soviet Union and the West, shortly escalating to a full conventional war.
With a very detailed unit and weapon database at their direct control, you will get the chance to lead the most lethal and advanced armed forces at sea, on land and in the air!

This is great opportunity, both for newcomers and for hardened veterans of CMANO: Northern Inferno can be played as a separate game (with the possibility to upgrade it to the base game with all the available database and scenarios at any point in time). Alternatively, it can be integrated as a new set of scenarios for owners of the original Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations Game of Year Edition!

Get ready for the Apocalypse! Stay tuned for further updates!

Get more information about Command: Northern Inferno and Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations from their official Product pages!
Post #: 1
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 9/24/2015 5:19:28 PM   
cns180784

So is this just 15 scenarios played in sequence as a campaign?

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 9/25/2015 3:33:57 PM   
Dimitris

NI targets two broad user groups: Interested potential customers who haven't yet pulled the trigger, and our existing user base.

Arguably the #1 "semi-negative" feedback we have received across the 'net ever since CMANO was launched has been a variation of: "This looks very interesting, but I'm not prepared to spend [full price] to give it a try. Give me a free or cheap demo / limited version and I'd gladly take a shot at it."

So now we are doing exactly that.

NI, in standalone form (no prior purchase of CMANO), is the CMANO game engine you know and love, with the Northern Inferno campaign (15 ass-kicking scenarios) and a number of tutorials. Its price will be a fraction of the full CMANO license, and some of the full-CMANO features will be disabled. Standalone customers who are satisfied with NI and want to get more out of CMANO can then upgrade to the full version to unlock all features.

So, we're doing our part. We'll see if the undecided folks, claiming that the steep price is all that's holding them back, will do theirs.

For our existing users, NI offers for the first time a coherent-storyline campaign accompanied by custom multimedia content. Paul has done an amazing job with the campaign story and his scenarios show why he's still one of the top-tier scen authors. We got a great kick out of them during testing and we're confident you will too.

The market's reception of this model will obviously inform our future plans for the commercial version of CMANO.

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 9/30/2015 11:16:53 AM >

(in reply to cns180784)
Post #: 3
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 9/25/2015 8:24:50 PM   
Casinn

I think it's brilliant idea and looking forward to it. I play a lot of scenarios without much delving into the editor and experimentation you more professional military types do, so this sort of campaign is just my kind of instant purchase.
Bring it on!

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 4
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 9/25/2015 8:34:27 PM   
76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniele
Alternatively, it can be integrated as a new set of scenarios for owners of the original Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations Game of Year Edition!

From reading other posts, I understand that this applies to owners of the standard edition as well, but it would be nice if the devs confirmed, because the wording above is less than clear on this point.

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 5
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 9/26/2015 12:45:45 AM   
mikmykWS

confirmed.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 6
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 9/26/2015 4:15:19 AM   
76mm

I have another question: the product page says that the scenarios are "linked" but it isn't clear whether they are linked in that losses, ammo expenditure, etc. are tracked from one scenario to another? IIRC there as some discussion of adding such a feature in the past.

I haven't seen anything about pricing yet, but I'd probably pick this up if the scenarios are linked as described above, otherwise not so sure.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 7
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 9/26/2015 5:19:40 AM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: 76mm

I have another question: the product page says that the scenarios are "linked" but it isn't clear whether they are linked in that losses, ammo expenditure, etc. are tracked from one scenario to another? IIRC there as some discussion of adding such a feature in the past.

I haven't seen anything about pricing yet, but I'd probably pick this up if the scenarios are linked as described above, otherwise not so sure.

This is being worked on but was not added for NI in this release. The scenarios are linked through their common storyline.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 8
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 9/26/2015 1:46:18 PM   
mikmykWS

quote:

Ammo and expenditures no but storyline yes.

quote:

We can't give an exact price due to our agreement however I don't think anybody is going to have an issue with it.

Thanks!

Mike

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 9
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 9/26/2015 2:07:56 PM   
jun5896

Question.

1. When is it release date?

2. If it released, CMANO users can discount for purchasing an expansion pack? or full-pay?

3. How much costs?

4. It starts in 1975, So What time is finished years? 1990 or 2010? Also Its database support hypo weapons in during cold war and next-gen cancelled weapons?, It likes soviet 90's weapon developed plans or 1970's soviet carrier plans?? It is focus on East vs West power, Also add some of hypo weapons that is better for new expension pack

< Message edited by jun5896 -- 9/26/2015 3:13:17 PM >

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 10
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 9/27/2015 9:46:24 AM   
VilleYrjola

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniele
Alternatively, it can be integrated as a new set of scenarios for owners of the original Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations Game of Year Edition!

From reading other posts, I understand that this applies to owners of the standard edition as well, but it would be nice if the devs confirmed, because the wording above is less than clear on this point.

I believe your game updates to the WOTY standard if you just installe the latest version of the game. IIRC (haven't played for a bit) even the starting menu (where you can open manual, start the game, run update tool etc.) says that the game is WOTY version. I don't understand the fuss that has been going on. But if you are unsure you can always add your game to the Steam and get WOTY version from there. I bought the game right after release and I have the WOTY version in my Steam library.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 11
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 9/27/2015 5:09:41 PM   
Phoenix100

Sounds great to me. I've been craving a set of linked scenarios, story-driven. 1970s or near future Nato v Russia would both be great. Can I ask - will it include images of all platforms (if you buy it as a standalone) or will you still have to download the database files to get images in there?

Peter

(in reply to VilleYrjola)
Post #: 12
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 9/28/2015 5:54:59 AM   
Casinn

They've said a number of times that images will be a community run thing (think it was for copyright reasons?) so I don't think that will change in this.

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 13
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 9/28/2015 12:20:20 PM   
Phoenix100

Ok. Thanks. Not copyright, I assume, as knowingly hosting a pack of copyrighted images on your official web site would put you in breach of copyright as much as those who uploaded them.

(in reply to Casinn)
Post #: 14
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 9/28/2015 1:39:49 PM   
Tomcat84

Maybe it's a good idea to create a Northern Inferno only pack for the folks who buy just that to start with. I'll post in the appropriate thread

My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 15
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 9/29/2015 12:09:52 AM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: phoenix

Sounds great to me. I've been craving a set of linked scenarios, story-driven. 1970s or near future Nato v Russia would both be great. Can I ask - will it include images of all platforms (if you buy it as a standalone) or will you still have to download the database files to get images in there?

Peter

Actually in this case it will have images.

Mike

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 16
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 9/29/2015 12:10:57 AM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tomcat84

Maybe it's a good idea to create a Northern Inferno only pack for the folks who buy just that to start with. I'll post in the appropriate thread

Don't need to.

(in reply to Tomcat84)
Post #: 17
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 9/29/2015 7:10:47 AM   
Phoenix100

Cool. Thanks.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 18
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/3/2015 6:58:58 PM   
Swiso

Should I buy the boxed (or download )version, I will receive a key to activate it even on Steam ?

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 19
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/3/2015 11:13:51 PM   
freeboy

so do we have a release date ?>

(in reply to Swiso)
Post #: 20
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/4/2015 2:02:16 AM   
HalfLifeExpert

Not yet, but since the patch is almost done, but I think its entirely possible that we will have it next week.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 21
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/4/2015 5:26:13 AM   
freeboy

sounds great ... I would by this today fyi...
Had one of the early harpoon releases... this looks very very good

(in reply to HalfLifeExpert)
Post #: 22
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/9/2015 11:20:48 PM   
Delaware

Consider me sold. Wanted to try the game but too expensive to pull the trigger for the big edition without trying. So, well done

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 23
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/15/2015 6:08:06 PM   
cns180784

How much will it cost out of interest, does anyone know?

(in reply to Delaware)
Post #: 24
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/16/2015 2:38:47 AM   
MrFreeze

Will this version be newbie friendly? I mean with a tutorial and scenarios not too overwhelming?

To me the price was not the issue to pull the trigger, it was more about the overall weaponry knowledge required, I watch few youtube video, it did look interesting but did not have any clue about the terminology and the actual use and difference of the weapon/vehicles.

One last question, will the mods/scenarios be compatible with the standalone version?

< Message edited by MrFreeze -- 10/16/2015 3:40:39 AM >

(in reply to cns180784)
Post #: 25
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/16/2015 12:28:14 PM   
cns180784

I'm guessing that the final release of v1.09 will coincide with the release of NI, which is 22 October...am i right? would be nice if it came out sooner.

(in reply to MrFreeze)
Post #: 26
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/16/2015 1:04:48 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrFreeze

Will this version be newbie friendly? I mean with a tutorial and scenarios not too overwhelming?

To me the price was not the issue to pull the trigger, it was more about the overall weaponry knowledge required, I watch few youtube video, it did look interesting but did not have any clue about the terminology and the actual use and difference of the weapon/vehicles.

We have added a number of tutorials from Mark Gellis and Tomcat84 in order to more gently introduce new players to the game and its mechanics.

quote:

One last question, will the mods/scenarios be compatible with the standalone version?

If you mean the community scenarios, these will be playable only with the full CMANO license. The standalone NI license allows playing only the tutorials and the "Northern Inferno" campaign scenarios.

Thanks.

(in reply to MrFreeze)
Post #: 27
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/16/2015 6:40:40 PM   
VilleYrjola

quote:

ORIGINAL: cns180784

How much will it cost out of interest, does anyone know?

I doubt the devs are able to disclose anything at this point. However when you look at the general pricing trend for scenario packs that are published by Matrix you see that the download versions tend to be around 20 euros/bucks and the boxed edition around 30 euros/bucks.

(in reply to cns180784)
Post #: 28
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/21/2015 4:58:10 PM   
cns180784

I see. Well hopefully v1.09 will be out tomorrow along with NI.

(in reply to VilleYrjola)
Post #: 29
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/21/2015 6:56:32 PM   
VilleYrjola

If I buy NI from Matrix/Slitherine will I be able to activate it on Steam as well?

(in reply to cns180784)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: DLCs >> Command: Northern Inferno >> Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone expansion! Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI