Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/7/2015 1:43:09 AM   
Jason Petho

Vietnam first though.

So please be patient

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 31
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/7/2015 4:34:26 AM   
Bradley62

The yellow counters just beautifully done.

Blue counters (nato symbols) do not look as finely rendered. Almost like they're a little pixulated compared to yellow. How long till we get to try these out. Nice work.

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 32
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/7/2015 4:52:18 AM   
Crossroads

I will revisit all counters for 1.01 to ensure especially the darker ones are a bit more light, perhaps with a bit more gloss for that proper polished just-out-of-the-counter-sheet crisp look. Israli counters are likely to become a bit brighter, as they are a bit matte at the moment compared to others. Let us see.

(in reply to Bradley62)
Post #: 33
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/7/2015 6:39:28 AM   
berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

I will revisit all counters for 1.01 to ensure especially the darker ones are a bit more light, perhaps with a bit more gloss for that proper polished just-out-of-the-counter-sheet crisp look...

Thank you. The heavy set armor icons have bothered me for the longest time.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 34
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/7/2015 10:09:49 AM   
Jafele

Amazing! If all classics could have these graphics and dedication...

< Message edited by Jafele -- 10/7/2015 11:10:15 AM >

Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 35
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/7/2015 10:24:40 AM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

perhaps with a bit more gloss for that proper polished just-out-of-the-counter-sheet crisp look.

With each play the counters should get more 'worn', and if the player amasses enough victory points, a 'new' counterset can be 'won'.

Seriously, amazing work on those, very much reminds me of playing PB and PL when I was wee tot.

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 36
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/7/2015 11:14:06 AM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

quote:

perhaps with a bit more gloss for that proper polished just-out-of-the-counter-sheet crisp look.

With each play the counters should get more 'worn', and if the player amasses enough victory points, a 'new' counterset can be 'won'.

Seriously, amazing work on those, very much reminds me of playing PB and PL when I was wee tot.

Ha, an awesome idea for sure. Add bullet holes for special effect

Thank you for your kind comments Jafele & sPzAbt653!

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 37
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/7/2015 12:59:35 PM   
FroBodine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

Vietnam first though.

So please be patient

Vietnam? While I agree that the war is very interesting, I have never thought that it makes a good hex and counter wargame. I would much, much rather have WWII, even though the war is already saturated gamewise. It is still the most enjoyable war to simulate in a game, in my opinion.

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 38
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/7/2015 1:20:18 PM   
Jason Petho

Your be surprised how well it works for Vietnam. We've been developing this at the same time as Middle East.

While you're not going to experience a lot of armour clashes, there is ample scenarios to depict the various actions of the three major conflicts in the time span we're going to be covering.

After which, we'll return our focus to world war 2.

< Message edited by Jason Petho -- 10/7/2015 3:52:58 PM >

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 39
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/7/2015 3:45:36 PM   
budd

I'm looking forward to the vietnam game, just for the different types of missions possible and more helicopter stuff.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Post #: 40
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/7/2015 5:08:48 PM   
HeinzHarald

quote:

ORIGINAL: **budd**

I'm looking forward to the vietnam game, just for the different types of missions possible and more helicopter stuff.

I haven't tried the scenario myself just yet, but we can get a taste of such action already. Jason wrote the following over on The Blitz:

quote:

Yes, with the new air levels, it does make one have to think a lot more when using helicopters.

This will be especially true in Vietnam.

A good test of some "Vietnam" style operation would be to play "End in the Sahara".

http://www.theblitz.org/message_boards/showthread.php?tid=68514&pid=404251#pid404251

Btw, the game lists the scenario as "The End in the Sahara".

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 41
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/7/2015 5:10:37 PM   
Jason Petho

I was close

(in reply to HeinzHarald)
Post #: 42
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/8/2015 7:05:50 PM   
berto

From the Wishlist thread:

quote:

ORIGINAL: z1812

Hex Outlines and Contours visible at the same time.

I too have long wished for this. Your wish is my command!

In 2D (which for this operates the exact same as 3D), the four different possible outlines/contours combinations:

Neither:

Contours only:

Hex outlines only:

Both outlines and contours:

As a reminder, in addition to showing contours, you can also display hex elevations via Display > Map Elevations (hot key .).

If you compare closely the last two screenshots, you might see how the contours in the second screenshot (the one with the numbered elevations) are somewhat lighter. This is because I switched from Options > Hex Contours Colors > Dark to Options > Hex Contours Colors > Medium. Not shown, but also available: Hex Contours Colors > Light.

All of this available in ME 1.01 (due for release maybe late November).

Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

Post #: 43
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/11/2015 4:34:48 PM   
Crossroads

Some finishing touches with Warhorse's NATO icons, namely tank treads, ATG triangles, AA curves with 1px lines. Some experimental AIW inspired wreck markers there as well. All this (in some form) in 1.01.

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 44
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/11/2015 6:47:20 PM   
Crossroads

Another one, from Al's Golan 1985. Lots of wrecks, for some reason

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 45
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/11/2015 6:51:29 PM   
demiller

I need those wreck markers like yesterday!

AKA panzerde

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 46
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/11/2015 6:55:05 PM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: demiller

I will try to have the revised NATO icon sheet together with the markers sheet available next weekend. 2D Zoom-in View only at the moment, scaling down takes a while. To be eventually included in 1.01 as said, but why not have more eyes looking at them before that. So a mod it will be.

(in reply to demiller)
Post #: 47
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/11/2015 7:14:00 PM   
Matto

What about some flags instead of bases? It was nice mode for JTCS ...

Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... :o)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 48
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/11/2015 7:15:15 PM   
demiller

quote:

I will try to have the revised NATO icon sheet together with the markers sheet available next weekend. 2D Zoom-in View only at the moment, scaling down takes a while. To be eventually included in 1.01 as said, but why not have more eyes looking at them before that. So a mod it will be.

You are full of win!

AKA panzerde

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 49
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/12/2015 6:33:23 PM   
berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arkady

quote:

There was already a suggestion to have the Unit Viewer open up portraying the selected unit within the game. This would require first Arkady coming up with a new version of his tool, supporting a launch option for this.

Well, actually it is already added to latest version,commandline parameter is -me:PXXXXXX
for example -me:P220001 should invoke Unit Viewer with Israel's Cromwell IV tank already selected

Indeed, thanks for this.

I have since implemented this to work seamlessly in-game:

Available in the forthcoming ME 1.01.

(in reply to demiller)
Post #: 50
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/12/2015 7:56:09 PM   
TheWombat_matrixforum

Excellent support--well done, and very encouraging!

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 51
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/12/2015 10:20:29 PM   
Bradley62

Good work Unit Viewer!

(in reply to TheWombat_matrixforum)
Post #: 52
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/12/2015 10:28:02 PM   
Grim.Reaper

Big reason I bought this game was based on the developers desire to continue enhancing the game and providing excellent community support.

(in reply to Bradley62)
Post #: 53
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/13/2015 4:20:46 AM   
Crossroads

Thanks guys - we try!

(in reply to Grim.Reaper)
Post #: 54
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/13/2015 9:24:55 AM   
Jafele

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grim.Reaper

Big reason I bought this game was based on the developers desire to continue enhancing the game and providing excellent community support.

That makes a difference in the video game industry nowdays. This is one of the reasons why I´ll buy CSME.

< Message edited by Jafele -- 10/13/2015 10:25:47 AM >

Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE

(in reply to Grim.Reaper)
Post #: 55
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/17/2015 7:18:32 AM   
berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: **budd**

thought of something else since the boxes are useless under extreme FOW how about they just not show up. The damage box and the assault odds box are the ones i'm thinking of.

No longer useless, in ME 1.01, under Extreme FOW, they will show almost as much info as non Extreme FOW:

In the screenshot, the Jordanian M48A1 Patton unit in the hot spot hex (yellow hex outline) has just fired at the Unknown Israeli tank platoon to its south. The Damage Report says

quote:

Unknown
Reduced Disrupted

because this is Extreme FOW. Under non Extreme FOW, also no FOW, the Damage Report box would instead say

quote:

Unknown
Reduced by 1 Disrupted

for example (might instead say "by 2" or ...). So under Extreme FOW, you will know there is force loss, just not exactly how much.

Likewise, the Damage Report box, under all FOW types (also no FOW at all) will report things like Eliminated, Retreated, Disrupted, Defenders overrun, No effect, etc.

Unlike non Extreme FOW (also no FOW at all), Extreme FOW will not report passenger casualties. Under Extreme FOW, you will know that the transport was Eliminated or whatnot, but you will not know whether it contained passengers, or what was their fate.

Posted (by me) at The Blitz:

quote:

As Jason put it so well:

quote:

Hidden results in Extreme Fog of War is part of making the Extreme part of the Optional Rule more prevelant. It was really insignificant before, now it is very significant. The information is all still there, it just isn't there instantaneously like one was used to from playing the old games. It requires a few moments to dig that information out, with the intention or representing combat at the command level one is typically playing.

The blue highlight says it all. In the real-time FOW of actual combat, the higher level force commander (represented by you, the player) would not know casualties to any detail, instantaneously. (Each turn representing six minutes of "real time", right?) The force commander would have to take the time and effort to "dig" for such info.

Especially for EFOW, the intent is to move away from God-like, know-it-all, real-time omniscience.

That said, in ME 1.01, for EFOW only, we will change the "unknown effects against unknown units" to, for example, something like "losses inflicted" or "no losses inflicted", without spelling out the precise details. So make EFOW a bit less extreme, and make the Damage Report box not quite so useless.

(In the final implementation, I did it rather differently than what I envisioned above at the time.)

Again, available in the forthcoming ME 1.01.

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 56
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/17/2015 8:06:24 AM   
Crossroads

I just finished my current turn of the Into Africa PBEM with the latest BETAs. Very neat balance there berto, really liking the level of information available now.

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 57
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/17/2015 11:01:16 AM   
HeinzHarald

This sounds like the perfect balance. At least for someone like myself who's new to the campaign series but still want to play with a good amount of FOW. EFOW in 1.00 leads to a bit too much trial and error in some situations for my tastes (still prefer it over non extreme though).

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 58
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/17/2015 12:14:57 PM   
Warhorse

Agreed, testing it out last night, I feel the amount of information to be very realistic! Good job, Berto!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to HeinzHarald)
Post #: 59
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 10/17/2015 12:59:25 PM   
Crossroads

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: demiller

Is it yesterday now? HERE we go, then! Anything out of place pls let me know

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI