Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/8/2016 9:51:28 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

So you can stuff Wenchow or Chushien with B-29s, bomb Home Islands, and the kamis still will not activate?

How realistic is that?

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 211
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/8/2016 9:55:11 PM   
Admiral DadMan

quote:

So you can stuff Wenchow or Chushien with B-29s, bomb Home Islands, and the kamis still will not activate?

Good luck trying to own any base on the Chinese coast before mid-1944. You'd have to be a fortunate Chinese/Allied player or a very bad Japanese player.

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 212
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/8/2016 10:08:03 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

How realistic is that?

You'd need level 7 to even fly normally... beyond that, after the very first time you did that, that base is going to get shut down permanently. China doesn't have the engineers to keep fields open.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 213
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/9/2016 6:20:30 AM   
Yaab

Both Wenchow and Chuhsien airfields can be developed to level 8. Chuhsien is inland. It may work against an inept Japanese player who neglects China.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 214
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/9/2016 9:34:39 AM   
RichardAckermann

I have a question on A2A combat. I noticed that even when fighting 3 Bombers with 30+ fighters, every single one on them seems to take defensive fire.
I feel that in case of severe outnumbering some fighters would probably attack at the same time from the same direction, so at least the one or other should not take defensive fire.

Is this just a feeling? Does the game take into account several fighters approaching from the same direction at the same time?

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 215
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/9/2016 11:28:29 AM   
Yaab

What bombers? B-17E has six slots of defensive weapons, including two turrets which can shoot in different directions. If you attack B-17E from front you face 3 MGs, side attack gets you 4 MGs etc.

Cannot tell you how fighter attacks are packeted (pairs, threes ets). Wish I knew this myself.

(in reply to RichardAckermann)
Post #: 216
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/9/2016 12:54:14 PM   
Admiral DadMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: RichardAckermann

I have a question on A2A combat. I noticed that even when fighting 3 Bombers with 30+ fighters, every single one on them seems to take defensive fire.
I feel that in case of severe outnumbering some fighters would probably attack at the same time from the same direction, so at least the one or other should not take defensive fire.

Is this just a feeling? Does the game take into account several fighters approaching from the same direction at the same time?

This question is better suited for The War Room or the Main Forum.

(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

Post #: 217
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/9/2016 2:45:31 PM   
m10bob

Speaking of a "surrender" button...How about an "Open City" button which would eliminate a friendly city from costing VP's on a city you no longer need, and it might allow the movement of certain portions of "static" assets?

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 218
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/9/2016 10:05:10 PM   
Grfin Zeppelin

I ponder if its possible to add a "only refuel at home port option".

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 219
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/9/2016 10:11:23 PM   
GetAssista

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin
I ponder if its possible to add a "only refuel at home port option".

"Do not refuel" works exactly like this for CS convoys

---------------
Also, I've had this posted earlier in some other beta-related thread but since this is the official suggestions one, better keep it all in the same place

LCUs lose all movement progress if new destination is given manually by clicking on the map even if direction of movement in the hex remains the same. It is rather painful to pursue enemy LCUs on land, because you always need to give new hex destinations as enemy moves.
Thing is, option to preserve movement progress is there in game, but to capitalize on it currently you need another LCU in a hex:
Give new destination to another LCU -> choose "March All" -> Presto, movement progress is preserved for other LCUs, assuming new destination leads to the same movement direction out of the hex.

Would be nice if this mechanics applied to manual changes of destination too, assuming marching direction in the hex remains the same.

< Message edited by GetAssista -- 3/9/2016 10:30:43 PM >

(in reply to Grfin Zeppelin)
Post #: 220
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/10/2016 9:30:38 AM   
RichardAckermann

I wish to be able to select a target hex for naval attack. I know where the enemy is unloading, but I still need to spot him with scouts.
Please allow for selecting a target just as with LRCAP.

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 221
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/10/2016 11:23:50 AM   
Grfin Zeppelin

quote:

I wish to be able to select a target hex for naval attack. I know where the enemy is unloading, but I still need to spot him with scouts.

Didnt knew that and its a start for sure but it would also be handy for many others situations.
That said its only worthwile to implement if it does not need much work I think.So I was just curious if its even possible.

Post #: 222
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/10/2016 11:53:01 AM   
Admiral DadMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

quote:

Didnt knew that and its a start for sure but it would also be handy for many others situations.
That said its only worthwile to implement if it does not need much work I think.So I was just curious if its even possible.

This is already in the game - it's the "Recon" function.

(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

(in reply to Grfin Zeppelin)
Post #: 223
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/10/2016 2:05:28 PM   
RichardAckermann

You mean I can send 26 Bettys to recon a Hex near Tarawa and they will torpedo any ships found there? I'm gonna try that the next time I can predict the position of an allied TF.

(in reply to Admiral DadMan)
Post #: 224
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/10/2016 2:24:53 PM   
Admiral DadMan

quote:

You mean I can send 26 Bettys to recon a Hex near Tarawa and they will torpedo any ships found there? I'm gonna try that the next time I can predict the position of an allied TF.

Sorry, I mis-read your post. You can Recon target the base in a hex, not a TF.

You shouldn't have to do that though. Setting your air group to Naval Attack should be sufficient. You could also set Naval search to 10% and narrow the search arc to center on the target hex.

< Message edited by Admiral DadMan -- 3/10/2016 2:41:11 PM >

(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

Post #: 225
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/10/2016 3:11:47 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Admiral DadMan

quote:

You shouldn't have to do that though. Setting your air group to Naval Attack should be sufficient. You could also set Naval search to 10% and narrow the search arc to center on the target hex.

You can actually Recon any hex, even one in the middle of the ocean.

Post #: 226
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/10/2016 3:13:28 PM   
Lokasenna

Does anyone else find it maddening that when you are manually selected pilots for your units via Request Veteran, the UI defaults to those pilots in the reserve of other groups instead of your global Reserve pools?

Does anyone even assign pilots from the reserve of other groups? I mean I guess you could use it to skip a step for the pilot by putting them into group reserve in another group, then transferring, but it's far more efficient (and just better) to do everything through your global reserve pools.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 227
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/10/2016 3:25:02 PM   
Admiral DadMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

quote:

quote:

You can actually Recon any hex, even one in the middle of the ocean.

^^ That too.

(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 228
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/10/2016 6:14:15 PM   
GetAssista

quote:

Does anyone else find it maddening that when you are manually selected pilots for your units via Request Veteran, the UI defaults to those pilots in the reserve of other groups instead of your global Reserve pools?

Click on green text under "From:", cycle until "Reserve(XX)" and this airgroup will default to global pool from now on

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 229
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/10/2016 6:31:17 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

quote:

Click on green text under "From:", cycle until "Reserve(XX)" and this airgroup will default to global pool from now on

OK, that's good to know - still have to do it for every stinkin' air group though.

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 230
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/11/2016 9:17:59 AM   
RichardAckermann

quote:

Setting your air group to Naval Attack should be sufficient. You could also set Naval search to 10% and narrow the search arc to center on the target hex.

Yes, sir. But that would mean spending a few bombers to find a fleet when I already exactly know where they are. Moving towards Tarawa with 5 hex per turn.
I have but one chance to strike them before they landfall, and I want to have every craft available attacking.
We should be able to send a strike mission to a suspected enemy fleet even without having some AC confirm "yup, they are really here".

Post #: 231
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/11/2016 12:09:12 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

quote:

Setting your air group to Naval Attack should be sufficient. You could also set Naval search to 10% and narrow the search arc to center on the target hex.

Yes, sir. But that would mean spending a few bombers to find a fleet when I already exactly know where they are. Moving towards Tarawa with 5 hex per turn.
I have but one chance to strike them before they landfall, and I want to have every craft available attacking.
We should be able to send a strike mission to a suspected enemy fleet even without having some AC confirm "yup, they are really here".

This could be heavily exploited to use air to target hexes for naval interdiction.

The game already allows for naval interdiction out to what ever radius you set you anti-naval air assets to, but the tactical AI decides if a mission targets a particular hex.

The lack of tactical control is one of the hallmarks of the game and not one to be lightly abandoned.

I can't say I'm for your proposal.

Hans

Post #: 232
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/13/2016 5:38:03 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

quote:

You know, but your units in the game don't. They will know when there is a DL on the enemy.

Post #: 233
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/13/2016 8:07:15 PM   
Admiral DadMan

New Suggestion:

Sub TF's
-TF Routing
-Set Patrol Zone
-Patrol Around Target

Right now, when "Patrol Around Target" is used, "Linger Days" is randomly set at 0-2 days, which (to me) is annoying to have to click 3-6 more times to set them all to what I want, which is 0 or 1 day across the board.

Can the Linger Days at the boundaries have all 3 initially populate to 0 or 1 day? or can there be a button to select them all to be a certain number of days?

Is this feasible from a programming standpoint?

Thank you.

(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 234
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/15/2016 1:26:42 PM   
John B.

I'm not sure if this fits with the request, but is it possible to get a list of the squads and devices that have been destroyed just like we get a list of air frames shot down and ships sunk? I'm curious, for example, just how many Japanese tanks I've killed and how many stuarts etc.. have died.

Post #: 235
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/15/2016 5:07:50 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: John B.

I'm not sure if this fits with the request, but is it possible to get a list of the squads and devices that have been destroyed just like we get a list of air frames shot down and ships sunk? I'm curious, for example, just how many Japanese tanks I've killed and how many stuarts etc.. have died.

You can SORT OF get this if you use Tracker, but only for your own devices. If you go into the Devices data set, then find the device you want to look at and highlight it. Then click on "History" and it will bring up a new window that shows several useful things. Among them is the "Used" column, which shows how many of the devices have been pulled from the pools (so does not include those that spawn), which you can compare to the "Active" column to determine how many have been destroyed. Sort of. There will be some fuzziness there. Withdrawals out of theater and any squads that upgraded to the next squad, for example, would need to be subtracted in order to get true "destroyed" numbers.

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 236
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/15/2016 6:53:32 PM   
John B.

Lokasenna, thanks. If it was easy to add to the game as an additional info. screen that would be very interesting, even with the FOW for enemy items.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 237
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/16/2016 11:37:37 AM   
Ian R

A Question -

My lap top died, suddenly. Right now it's very inconvenient, but in a few days it will not be missed.

I now have one of those HP all in one desk tops with a 19.5 inch screen, more computing power than the Apollo program, etc.

I re-downloaded AE and all of the helpful things that Matrix implemented - registration links, re-download activation, serial number retrieval, were WAD, so thank you Matrix.

The question is, is this public beta now part of the download installation? Or do I need to grab it and patch it in?

rgds

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 238
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/16/2016 3:26:51 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian R

A Question -

My lap top died, suddenly. Right now it's very inconvenient, but in a few days it will not be missed.

I now have one of those HP all in one desk tops with a 19.5 inch screen, more computing power than the Apollo program, etc.

I re-downloaded AE and all of the helpful things that Matrix implemented - registration links, re-download activation, serial number retrieval, were WAD, so thank you Matrix.

The question is, is this public beta now part of the download installation? Or do I need to grab it and patch it in?

rgds

AFAIK the site only gives you the last OFFICIAL version of the game. You can check your game version by opening it to the main menu screen (that looks like a radio). The version number is at the top. I do not have the Betas, so my version is 17.11.24 Dec. 25, 2014. The Betas are something like 17.11.25R10. The Beta link is in the first thread in the stickys at the top of the Tech Forum.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 239
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions - 3/16/2016 3:48:53 PM   
Ian R

Got it, thanks.

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta & UI Suggestions Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI