Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

2 questions from a new player

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> 2 questions from a new player Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2 questions from a new player - 11/8/2015 9:25:51 PM   
Rangoon

I'm a few turns into the tutorial scenario, and I saw this in the message log:

"0545 hrs - 1/OM Arty - new orders received: Barrage (...) on hex 2615 starting at 0548 hrs and with estimated finish at 0545 hrs"

I've stared at this line long enough to make sure I'm seeing correctly, so I'm not sure if this is a bug or something I'm just not understanding. Looks like the mission is to finish before it starts (literally).

Secondly, I find the mixed icons between 2D artistic profiles and formal NATO symbology to be distracting. Is there a reason for some assets to have profiles and others standard NATO icons? Or is it just unfinished development?

EDIT: I've been looking for a mod which changes the counter/token icons to all NATO symbols, but can't find anything. Does anyone know of such a mod?

< Message edited by Rangoon -- 11/8/2015 11:01:10 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: 2 questions from a new player - 11/8/2015 10:42:10 PM   
CapnDarwin

Rangoon, that first one is a known bug that appears on occasions. Something is not calculating right on the last number in certain cases. I'll pass this on to Rob to add to our tracking notes.

The counter art mix watch a design decision to go with silhouette art in the game. Infantry type units were an issue and we went NATO with some support weapon graphics. You can mod the art by making copies of all the platform art for a country and placing those copies in the national folder. Then change those graphics to a NATO symbol for each item. The names need to the same as they are now. Once you do that, there is menu function after the scenario loads to update the graphics. That will swap out the core graphics with the ones you added to the nation folder.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to Rangoon)
Post #: 2
RE: 2 questions from a new player - 11/8/2015 10:49:41 PM   
griffin115

Cap'n

I've seen this in my logs. The problem is not that the end time is wrong. The problem is that the start and finish times are reversed for some log entries. The parameters to the display of the log entry are in the wrong order.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
RE: 2 questions from a new player - 11/9/2015 12:41:26 AM   
Rangoon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Rangoon, that first one is a known bug that appears on occasions. Something is not calculating right on the last number in certain cases. I'll pass this on to Rob to add to our tracking notes.

The counter art mix watch a design decision to go with silhouette art in the game. Infantry type units were an issue and we went NATO with some support weapon graphics. You can mod the art by making copies of all the platform art for a country and placing those copies in the national folder. Then change those graphics to a NATO symbol for each item. The names need to the same as they are now. Once you do that, there is menu function after the scenario loads to update the graphics. That will swap out the core graphics with the ones you added to the nation folder.

Thanks for the information!

Not to undermine the specifics of my my thread subject, but I have another question. I like how the enemy KIAs are listed as "claims" based on based on BDA limitations during combat (not sure if they're ever wrong, but at least the spirit is there). However it seems that when artillery is firing into hexes which I don't seem to have LOS into, I'm still seeing the "kill" explosions. How am I gleaning this BDA?

I'm really enjoying this so far. I've been looking for a modern/cold-war-era, high(er) level of command simulation for some time, but couldn't find anything developed within the past few years. Not sure how I missed this one when it was released (I've followed Matrix Games for the past few years at least). But better late than never!

< Message edited by Rangoon -- 11/9/2015 2:36:15 AM >

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> 2 questions from a new player Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI