Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.8

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.8 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.8 - 11/24/2015 10:10:13 AM   
Dysta

I know this is tangent, but things DOES complicate in reality just recently:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/turkey-shoots-down-jet-near-syria-border-081605580.html#aR1xnC4

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 31
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.8 - 11/26/2015 9:42:34 AM   
Death6

Version 0.85 is out!

Added historical weather data from October 7th 2015.
Edits for the Enemy Forces section in the Briefing.
Removed the S-400 missiles but kept their advanced radar. Made the total amount of SA-22 Greyhounds 4. For historical realism purposes.
Spread out the Russian units in Latakia so they are easier to click on to.
Changed the name of the Russian airbase and it's defensive units. Edited the name change in the events accordingly.
Added a few new IS units.
Repositioned several IS units.
Changed the mission area for the Russian side.
Recreated the Turkish No Navigation zone in more detail at the Turkish Syrian border.
Edited the units available in the briefing in accordance to the recent changes.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 32
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.8 - 11/26/2015 3:02:21 PM   
Vici Supreme

The scenario is taking shape!
I still got two minor things worth mentioning.

1. You may want to ungroup the AD and EW sections at the Russian Air Base. Grouping mobile ground units such as radars or SAMs sometimes causes them to do weird things like constantly circling around their station point which is the case with your scenario. Just take a look. It also looks better to not have them grouped but that's just a personal preference of mine.

2. Take a look at the VLS configuration of the Missile SAG in the Caspian. You added 1 x SS-N-30 [3M14 Kalibr] (0/12) to all vessels but have you seen that this weapon record has a rate of fire of one missile every 120 seconds? I propose you simply add 8 x SS-N-30 [3M14 Kalibr] (0/1) to those ships as their rate of fire is just two seconds. It sure looks odd but for now, it might be the best solution to proper simulate the launch of these missiles from those ships.

Hope this helps!

Supreme

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 33
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.9 - 11/26/2015 4:22:59 PM   
Death6

quote:

ORIGINAL: Supreme 2.0

The scenario is taking shape!
I still got two minor things worth mentioning.

1. You may want to ungroup the AD and EW sections at the Russian Air Base. Grouping mobile ground units such as radars or SAMs sometimes causes them to do weird things like constantly circling around their station point which is the case with your scenario. Just take a look. It also looks better to not have them grouped but that's just a personal preference of mine.

2. Take a look at the VLS configuration of the Missile SAG in the Caspian. You added 1 x SS-N-30 [3M14 Kalibr] (0/12) to all vessels but have you seen that this weapon record has a rate of fire of one missile every 120 seconds? I propose you simply add 8 x SS-N-30 [3M14 Kalibr] (0/1) to those ships as their rate of fire is just two seconds. It sure looks odd but for now, it might be the best solution to proper simulate the launch of these missiles from those ships.

Hope this helps!

Supreme

Thanks for the feedback. It will be incorporated in to 0.9. Btw have you noticed the Credits section at the Scenario Description?

< Message edited by Death6 -- 11/29/2015 11:46:58 PM >

(in reply to Vici Supreme)
Post #: 34
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.8 - 11/26/2015 4:36:48 PM   
Vici Supreme

Sure I have! Very kind of you!

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 35
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.9 - 11/28/2015 1:11:54 AM   
Death6

Version 0.9 is out.

Unrouped EW and AA sections of the Khemeimim Air Base.
Optimized the Kalibr missile rate of fire on the Caspian Fleet.
Added 2 new IS unit types.
Repositioned some IS units.
Added Events according to the newly added units.
Spread out the ungrouped EW and AA sections for an easier clicking experience.

Scenario is attached to this post.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Death6 -- 11/29/2015 11:47:08 PM >

(in reply to Vici Supreme)
Post #: 36
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.9 - 11/29/2015 10:46:29 PM   
Death6

Looking in to finalising and submitting this scenario. Would love some more feedback from other people though. Different perspectives have different perceptions! Thanks already!

< Message edited by Death6 -- 11/29/2015 11:47:17 PM >

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 37
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.9 - 11/30/2015 8:57:07 PM   
MrGandi

Hello Death6,

I enjoyed your scenario very much. It's tougher than expected.
For me it was great balanced!
Although I lost couple of jets and didn't destroy all detected targets in time.
Will play it again and hopefully with better results

Maybe you could punish the player more if he looses his jets like I did.

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 38
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.9 - 11/30/2015 10:52:11 PM   
Death6

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrGandi

Hello Death6,

I enjoyed your scenario very much. It's tougher than expected.
For me it was great balanced!
Although I lost couple of jets and didn't destroy all detected targets in time.
Will play it again and hopefully with better results

Maybe you could punish the player more if he looses his jets like I did.

Thanks MrGandi for trying out my scenario. There is a -25 point punish for each aircraft lost. I could increase that to 30 that would be a little increase or do you think 40 is more appropriate?

(in reply to MrGandi)
Post #: 39
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.9 - 12/1/2015 7:19:54 AM   
MrGandi

Maybe -35 or -40 is good. Considering that the enemy is actually not so strong it should be little embarrassing for any commander loosing to many jets.
Also challenges the player to try it again, be more carefully and make it better.

But what does the community say?

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 40
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.9 - 12/4/2015 6:22:46 PM   
Death6

I increased the debuff for losing jets and getting your airbase damaged. I still need a little more feedback for version 9.5. Give it all you got dear CMANO players!

(in reply to MrGandi)
Post #: 41
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.9 - 12/5/2015 9:03:28 PM   
Aivlis

Hi! I've been lurking the forum for a while and finally decided to join.
I played through your scenario (v0.9) and enjoyed it quite a bit. I'll try to break down my observations below:

1. The premade mission for the Caspian Flotilla doesn't seem to work properly.

2. The event IS Drone Detected is set to "repeatable", I ended up with >1000 points because of that. I detected it before dawn with a unit that couldn't ID it and was hesitant to authorize weapon release (at that speed and altitude, I was expecting a lost turkish helo or some other third party shenanigans), so it kept racking in the points.

3. The Scud launch was an interesting twist, but quite out of the blue. I happened to observe the launch of the first salvo but failed to detect the launcher until later, so I had to guess at what those missiles were. As is stands it's quite hard to detect and ID the TEL before it fires, so you're almost guaranteed to take a hit. I dunno how to change this in a non-contrived way for such a short scenario, maybe link it to a drone getting in too close? Add a few of them, plus civilian traffic at Bassel Al-Assad Airport and you'd give the CAP something to work on while waiting for the strike aircraft to return.

4. Regarding Civilian traffic, there was a very good thread about it somewhere in this forum. It boils down to creating a "Civilian" side and giving it some aircraft and unarmed ground untis, and setting them on support/patrol missions so they add clutter and give the player a reason not to frag everything that moves.

5. Also regarding clutter, maybe add Turkish CAP patrols and civilian traffic, just to clutter your radars near the border?

6. The SA-23 deployed north of the Russian AB is in one of the worst possible positions to intercept the Scuds, but maybe that's intentional?

7. I ran out of anti-runway penetrators long before taking out even one of the strips at Jirah AB. In fact, unless you intended the scenario to be played with infinite loadouts enabled, I ran out of quite a few things I maybe shouldn't have

8. The IS MANPADS teams are a deadly trap for anything not fixed-wing, congratulate them on my only non-Scud-related loss in this scenario. (A Havoc that was spotting for the rest of his flight during the early-morning follow-up operation.)

Overall, it's looking good. Keep it up!

< Message edited by Aivlis -- 12/5/2015 10:17:14 PM >

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 42
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.9 - 12/9/2015 1:33:26 PM   
Death6

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aivlis

Hi! I've been lurking the forum for a while and finally decided to join.
I played through your scenario (v0.9) and enjoyed it quite a bit. I'll try to break down my observations below:

1. The premade mission for the Caspian Flotilla doesn't seem to work properly.

2. The event IS Drone Detected is set to "repeatable", I ended up with >1000 points because of that. I detected it before dawn with a unit that couldn't ID it and was hesitant to authorize weapon release (at that speed and altitude, I was expecting a lost turkish helo or some other third party shenanigans), so it kept racking in the points.

3. The Scud launch was an interesting twist, but quite out of the blue. I happened to observe the launch of the first salvo but failed to detect the launcher until later, so I had to guess at what those missiles were. As is stands it's quite hard to detect and ID the TEL before it fires, so you're almost guaranteed to take a hit. I dunno how to change this in a non-contrived way for such a short scenario, maybe link it to a drone getting in too close? Add a few of them, plus civilian traffic at Bassel Al-Assad Airport and you'd give the CAP something to work on while waiting for the strike aircraft to return.

4. Regarding Civilian traffic, there was a very good thread about it somewhere in this forum. It boils down to creating a "Civilian" side and giving it some aircraft and unarmed ground untis, and setting them on support/patrol missions so they add clutter and give the player a reason not to frag everything that moves.

5. Also regarding clutter, maybe add Turkish CAP patrols and civilian traffic, just to clutter your radars near the border?

6. The SA-23 deployed north of the Russian AB is in one of the worst possible positions to intercept the Scuds, but maybe that's intentional?

7. I ran out of anti-runway penetrators long before taking out even one of the strips at Jirah AB. In fact, unless you intended the scenario to be played with infinite loadouts enabled, I ran out of quite a few things I maybe shouldn't have

8. The IS MANPADS teams are a deadly trap for anything not fixed-wing, congratulate them on my only non-Scud-related loss in this scenario. (A Havoc that was spotting for the rest of his flight during the early-morning follow-up operation.)

Overall, it's looking good. Keep it up!

1. Tried to fix please check it in version 0.95

2. Fixed.

3. This is meant to be kept as a surprise. There is a little hint to evoke recon curiosity in the briefing.
quote:

The Jirah airbase of IS does show mediocre activity. The recent satellite imagery showed a partial image of an armored vehicle hiding inside the Aircraft shelter. We don't have any positive intel on this vehicle. There are also several other covered vehicles and their length and width indicates 3x possible IS fuel tankers. Further reconnaissance is needed to positively identify these vehicles.

4. Took your feedback in to account. Check out the latest version.

5. Good idea.

6. Moved it a bit more south but yea I don't want it to be that effective too.

7. This is WAD. The player should have a limited chance of using this huge force in Syria that early in October. I did add a few more Runway bombs to the magazines for a second run.

8. Great to hear!

Good to hear you liked it.

(in reply to Aivlis)
Post #: 43
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.95 - 12/9/2015 2:25:23 PM   
Death6

Operation Reclaimed Might v0.95

Changelog

Added Turkey.
Added Turkish Aircraft Patrols.
Added Commercial Aircraft and Shipping traffic.
Added events for the loss and damage for Civilian and Turkish units.
Attempted fix at Russian Cruise Missile mission.
Fixed a repeat event bug.
Edited the credits section of the scenario description.
Fixed 2 reference points within the Turkey No Navigation zone.
Added more Runway bombs to the Khmeimim Air Base magazine.
Added 1 more available aircraft to the Russian side.
Repositioned the SA-23 at the Air Base.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 44
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.95 - 12/10/2015 12:36:32 AM   
Aivlis

Forum just ate a whole page of text

Because it decided that I had a phone number in it or something (I hadn't, only some LUA code in a quote). And upon hitting go back it was all gone.

May try re-creating it tomorrow if I can be bothered.

< Message edited by Aivlis -- 12/10/2015 1:39:29 AM >

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 45
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.95 - 12/10/2015 10:56:59 AM   
Aivlis

Ok, let's try another take at feedback. The Losses and Expenditures log is now lost, so take my word that I only lost the Fencer E to the I-HAWK in an incredibly lucky shot, while wiping almost everything on the map save for a few secondary targets around Raqqa (turns out it's almost out of range for the Frogfoots and totally out for the Hinds, I cannot into measuring distances, apparently). Score was 415 (Triumph) if I recall correctly, mainly because I avoided previous mistakes like tangoing with MANPADS in anything but Su-24s at afterburner speed.

Some more detailed feedback:

0. Cruise missile mission is still not launching... maybe it has something to do with the WRA? I have tried tampering with the fire rules and can't get them to launch, maybe a bug report is in order.

1. Civilian ships are set to 0 knots, manually.

2. Civilian side needs to have it's "Collective Responsibility" flag unchecked, and the Russian side needs to lose the "Can Auto-track Civilians" flag so the player can't immediately tell if a unit is a target or not.

3. I appreciate you adding in a Civilian and Turkish side, but as of now they don't add much, as they are totally out of the theater of operations. I was suggesting something more along the lines of having unidentified civilian or third-party neutral units near the strike zones, encouraging target identification (is that an IS technical on the road to Idlib, or is it Ahmed taking his radishes to the market?; are the radar contacts near Raqqa MiG-21s or did the US forget to inform us they'd be flying in the area?).

4. The Scud detected event tells you what the unit is even if you don't have a positive ID, consider construing this as SIGINT/SF on the ground/Syrian intelligence sources being able to use your new partial data to fully ID the TEL for you based on what they already know (maybe with a small delay), or something along those lines. If you want, you can then use this LUA line to set the Scud to "Auto-Detectable"

quote:

ScenEdit_SetUnit({side="Islamic State", name="Whatever_your_Scud_is_named", Autodetectable="yes"})

5. Good job on finding there was a thunderstorm that night, but reading the METARs for Aleppo and Basel International (no, the IS isn't kind enough to publish METARs for Raqqa) I found there were only scattered (3-4 okas) to broken (5-7 okas) clouds all over the place, with cloud base at 2000 to 2500 ft. AGL. Consider dropping the cloud layer to light or breaking it into two so the Fullbacks have to descend into the threat range of older SAMs to lase, but have some space left to release.

6. Minor: Hind loadout should maybe be the one without a troop compliment, unless you want them modelling readiness for a CSAR mission.

7. Minor: all the Fencer Ds share "White #" callsigns, even different models. Not sure if this is intentional, but it gets confusing at times.

I think that's all I had written yesterday. Overall I think it's looking good; you can polish some last bits and release it, or broaden it in depth by adding further events, like having strikes on the C^3 centers affect the IS response (see Baloogan's videos for some ideas on that, if you haven't already); off the top of my head I can think of the MiGs being vectored toward your aircraft if the Comms centers aren't taken out first and foremost, or having a chance that the SAMs in a given site will panic and turn their radars on if bombs start falling on nearby units (this can be good or bad, depending on how careful the player was with their bombing run and SEAD mission planning).

I hope you find this useful.

< Message edited by Aivlis -- 12/10/2015 10:46:36 PM >

(in reply to Aivlis)
Post #: 46
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.95 - 12/13/2015 12:25:27 PM   
Death6

First off thanks for the great amount of feedback provided Aivlis.

0. I looked in to the WRA tried to enable a few things. Maybe it helped.
1. Fixed
2. Fixed
3. Added a bit of flavour for this reason. I want to avoid too much detail in the civilian situation. The Russians seem to have not cared much about civilians so why should we in this scenario. Also it requires way more testing.
4. I changed the text a bit so the GRU detects the Scuds with the Satellite.
5. I used data from Aleppo here: http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/LTDA/2015/10/7/DailyHistory.html?req_city=Aleppo&req_statename=Syria&MR=1 and averaged it in my own calculations. I think the weather is fine enough although I did increase the cloud thickness a bit.
6. Split it half half. 2 attack and 2 CSAR choppers
7. All of Su-24's are marked as White in the Russian base. I just renamed it and numbered the others as well so now each has a unique number.

I will release the Release Candidate after this post. Would require 1 or two more revisions for a release version. Thanks a lot again!

< Message edited by Death6 -- 12/13/2015 1:26:56 PM >

(in reply to Aivlis)
Post #: 47
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might RC 1 - 12/13/2015 1:16:28 PM   
Death6

Operation Reclaimed Might RC1

Changelog

Added United States
Added US Aircraft
Fixed Commercial traffic
Fixed collective responsibility and auto track for certain sides
Reconfigured Mi-8 load outs
Added Ali Al Salem Airbase to US
Added event for the damage and destruction of US aircraft
Deleted the Cruise Missile Attack mission because it didn't work
Adjusted the weather slightly
Fixed naming of several SU-24 units
Changed the text on one of the detection missions

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Death6 -- 12/15/2015 4:03:21 PM >

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 48
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might RC 1 - 12/15/2015 3:04:02 PM   
Death6

Awaiting feedback on RC1. With good progress I will submit this scenario to the community scenario pack next week.

I replayed the scenario again. Going to add a few changes to the Enemy forces Briefing. Some load outs and a little weather tweak. Release RC2 and wait for a little more feedback.

< Message edited by Death6 -- 12/20/2015 12:57:42 AM >

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 49
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might RC 1 - 12/19/2015 12:56:37 PM   
Death6

Operation Reclaimed Might Poster

Original Image: http://i.imgur.com/og5WEct.jpg

Special Thank You Poster

Original Image: http://i.imgur.com/lCvHdRg.jpg

< Message edited by Death6 -- 12/19/2015 1:59:44 PM >

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 50
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might RC 1 - 12/20/2015 2:04:27 PM   
Aivlis

Gave it another go (RC1), it looks solid. Score was 495 (Triumph), not a single loss, despite a few SAM launches at my A/C due to my sloppiness with egress vectors.

quote:

SIDE: Russia
===========================================================

LOSSES:
-------------------------------

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
60x 30mm 2A42 Burst [20 rnds]
1x 30mm Gsh-30-1 Burst [30 rnds]
19x 30mm Gsh-30-2 Burst [50 rnds]
62x 30mm Gsh-30-2K Burst [25 rnds]
6x AA-10 Alamo A [R-27R, MR SARH]
2x AA-10 Alamo B [R-27T, MR IR]
4x AA-10 Alamo C [R-27RE, LR SARH]
1x AA-11 Archer [R-73M]
16x AS-22 [Kh-38MLE]
8x AT-6 Spiral [9M114 Sturm-V]
18x AT-9 Spiral-2 [9M120 Ataka-V]
8x BetAB-500SP CB [12 x Anti-Runway Penetrator Bomblets]
2x FAB-1500M-54 GPB
18x FAB-250M-54 GPB
4x Generic Chaff Salvo [4x Cartridges]
5x Generic Flare Salvo [4x Cartridges, Single Spectral]
26x OFAB-100-120 Frag
18x OFAB-250-270 Frag
4x RBK-500-ZAB [117 x ZAB-2.5SM Incendiary]
40x S-13B 122mm Rocket [Penetrator]
8x S-24B 240mm Rocket
8x S-25O 266mm Rocket
256x S-5K 57mm Rocket
280x S-8KO 80mm Rocket [HEAT]
26x SS-N-30 [3M14 Kalibr]

SIDE: Islamic State

LOSSES:
4x 23mm ZSU-23-4 Shilka
12x 23mm ZU-23-2
6x 57mm S60
2x 7.62mm MG
3x 7.62mm MG/Unguided Infantry Anti Tank Weapon
1x Ammo Bunker (Surface)
1x Ammo Shelter
2x Building (Barracks)
1x Building (Control Tower)
3x Bunker (Comm Center)
1x Bunker (Medium C3M)
1x Diesel Bunker (750k Liter Tank)
1x M192 I-HAWK
3x MiG-21MF Fishbed J
1x Mohajer-3
2x SA-24 Grouse [9K338 Igla-S] MANPADS
3x SA-6a Gainful [2P25] TEL
1x SA-6b Gainful [2P25] TEL
1x SA-8a Gecko [9A33A] TELAR
1x Saboteur
3x SS-1c Scud B [MAZ-543 / 9P117 Uragan] TEL
1x Structure (Forward Operating Base)
12x T-62 Main Battle Tank
1x Vehicle (AN/MPQ-50 PAR)
1x Vehicle (AN/MPQ-51 ROR)
1x Vehicle (AN/MPQ-55 ICWAR)
2x Vehicle (AN/MPQ-57 HPI [TAS Camera])
1x Vehicle (Fire Dome [9S35])
1x Vehicle (Flap Wheel [RPK-1M1 Vaza])
1x Vehicle (Straight Flush [1S91])
1x Vehicle (Truck Depot, 40x Vehicles)
8x Vehicle (Truck, Armed Technical)

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
52x 23mm ZSU-23-4 Shilka Burst [50 rnds]
36x 23mm ZU-23-2 Burst [20 rnds]
1x FIM-92A Stinger
5x MIM-23C I-HAWK
4x SA-24 Grouse [9M342]
4x SA-8a Gecko [9M33]

SIDE: Civilian

LOSSES:

EXPENDITURES:
------------------

SIDE: Turkey

LOSSES:

EXPENDITURES:
------------------

SIDE: United States

LOSSES:

EXPENDITURES:
------------------

Some very minor comments:

1. Consider changing the neutral ABs to single-unit bases to reduce computing load on older hardware.

2. Civvie ships are still making 0 knots.

3. I think a few of the RPs used in the Il-20 support mission were made from the IS side, because they don't show up for the human player, making them uneditable.

4. I think you can afford to make the US missions a bit more aggressive in their waypoint location; I only detected the U-2 because it's relatively big and the drones went by unnoticed.

5. Could you set the Doctrine for the Su-25, Mi-24 and Mi-28 to use their guns? They inherit the "No Strafing" rule from the Side-level Doctrine settings and it takes the player to realize this; even though their loadout says "Use Guns" it cannot override the Doctrine by itself.

Things somewhat unrelated to the scenario, but rather to Command in it's current build:

1. I had a hero Shilka consistently shoot down Ataka-V missiles . This was unexpected, had to close in and finish it with guns.

2. The default mission profiles for the rocket and iron bomb loadouts on the Su-24Ms are Lo-Lo-Lo. That combined with the mountainous terrain makes altitude micromanagement a pain.

3. Default WRA for most of the Russian unguided munitions seems to be "Dump all the payload on the first target", regardless if a single FAB-250 would suffice and the other 19 are only deepening the crater. While fixable in the Side Doctrine, it takes time to set everything right, so consider this as a "nice to have"

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 51
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might RC 2 - 12/20/2015 5:01:17 PM   
Death6

Operation Reclaimed Might RC 2 Released!

Changed parts of the description.
Changed some text in the briefing and spell checked it.
Added 2 Turkish Navy Ships in the scenario and the damage/loss events for them.
Deleted 2 civilian airports for performance increase
Deleted 1 Turkish military airport for performance.
Fixed Commercial shipping movement speed.
Adjusted several aircraft load outs for the Russian side as well as adding some magazines for the airbase.
Added a 3 hour to ready time for the Su-24MR recon aircraft.
Added a 30 minute delay to the Il-20 recon aircraft.
Fixed and improved the waypoints of the Eye of the Bear Il-20 mission.
Tried to fix Strafing Doctrine rule by changing the doctrine settings. (Might need further WRA work)
Changed US aircraft way points to be more intrusive.
Added a few IS units.
Changed a few IS unit profficiencies.
Added 3 IS Convoys.
Changed some scoring regarding aircraft loss.
Fine tuned weather effects.
Improved on Russian and IS missions.
Retargeted Commercial Air Traffic.

Thanks for the help Ailvis.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Aivlis)
Post #: 52
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might RC 2 - 12/21/2015 10:13:11 PM   
Aivlis

Did a quick playthrough of RC2; the LGBs help a lot with Jirah (I shut it down for good before anything took off from there, maybe a bit overzealous of me) but ground detection and missile malfunctions continue to be a very realistic PITA.

0. The added convoys and other units add some nice depth to the area of operations. Plus with their addition there are now quite a few more targets than warheads, which is good, in my opinion.

1. Further WRA/WCS oddities: all aircraft appear to be set to HOLD fire vs all targets, which is quite hard to spot if you launch them as a group, because the group itself will have and show an inherited ROE, but the units hidden inside will retain their HOLD orders. They need to be set to weapons TIGHT via the reset option in the Side-level ROE editor.

2. What purpose does the readiness delay on the Il-20 serve? You're told in the briefing that the hostiles forces have an unknown amount of AA assets hidden all over the country, there is no way any sensible commander would start an air operation without waiting for it to be on station, seeing as most other Russian units lack FLIRs and we're dealing with a night operation complicated by mediocre weather. It may be realistic, but it just made me fast forward 30 minutes while watching the cruise missiles violate Turkish airspace again (can't wait for v1.10)

3. The Quick Turnaround Doctrine option is set to "player editable". I'm not sure if this is intended, as you're still constrained by ammo, but some aircraft could manage 2 sorties before the scenario is over, up from 1, if the player realizes this.

4. There is something odd about the grouped IS units; I think it has to do with Command not being a land combat simulator at heart. In particular, if one unit in a group is detected, all of them are, or at least their weapon/sensor ranges are shown on the map (see attachment).

5. Flavour: it would be nice to have some further information on the importance of our different tasks, since there are quite a few targets of opportunity and more than enough weaponry to take out the main (stationary) objectives. Should the player pursue the IS convoys in the eastern part of the country or focus on hunting down the SAM units near the Turkish border? Nothing major, just some instructions in the briefing as to what the secondary objectives are, or an update after detecting the really large convoy on how badly the brass wants that force dealt with.

6. Flavour: consider adding a debriefing or event when all the major objectives are achieved or at then end of the allocated time. Even a little bit of text does a lot for the immersion factor.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Aivlis -- 12/21/2015 11:13:58 PM >

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 53
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might Live! - 12/22/2015 3:52:00 AM   
Death6

Operation Reclaimed Might Live is out!

Added a new IS unit type and damage/destruction events accordingly.
Changed Merchant navy waypoints and speeds.
Changed some US waypoints.
Added 1 new mobile IS unit.
Removed 1 SA-22 unit.
Removed 1 Jammer unit.
Reset units and missions for Weapons Tight via Side Level ROE.
Removed 1 Il-20 since there is only one in Khemeimim historically.
Increased set time to ready on Il-20a to 1 hour.
Set time to ready SU-24MR to 15 minutes.
Disabled Quick TUrnaround and removed player editable.
Added Primary, Secondary and Tetriary objectives to the Briefing.
Added Primary and Secondary objectives accomplished events.
Added Disaster and Triump events.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Death6 -- 12/22/2015 4:55:26 AM >

(in reply to Aivlis)
Post #: 54
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.8 - 12/24/2015 4:56:50 AM   
i224747

Where is the "No-Navigation zone" located, which is mentioned in the side-briefing?

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 55
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.8 - 12/24/2015 5:19:09 PM   
Death6

quote:

ORIGINAL: i224747

Where is the "No-Navigation zone" located, which is mentioned in the side-briefing?

Red Areas. Turkey, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwayt, Israel.

(in reply to i224747)
Post #: 56
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might Live! - 12/28/2015 4:39:20 AM   
Death6

Well it's out there now. Thanks for all the support that was given through this process. The scenario would never be where it is without the help and insight given from this community. I am already working on a Libyan Civil War scenario which I will try to get out there mid January. This one is a bit more daring with two sides playable one being France and the other Gaddafi Loyalists.

< Message edited by Death6 -- 3/4/2016 8:45:18 PM >

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 57
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might Live! - 8/11/2016 4:14:57 AM   
Death6

Hey guys. Looking forward to hear some feedback on the live version from the workshop. Let me know what you feel about the scenario. I will implement the thoughts on the next one!

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 58
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might Live! - 8/11/2016 9:00:58 PM   
Aivlis

Gave this another run, didn't see any huge changes tbh.

Ground detection is still a pain with those clouds all over the place, even the Havocs were regularly detecting SAMs only after entering their range, even when flying under the cloud level (yes, I am looking at you, troll ZU-23 cluster). After switching to the Editor I saw you had a host of convoys and stuff that I had been flying over without noticing.

The Fencers could use to have their guns turned off so they stop derping around their targets trying to get a burst off (but to be fair to the pilots, I wouldn't be surprised if the guns were actually better at taking out runways that the BetABs, those things are near useless).

Currently killing AA systems can prevent the player from triggering the "Primary Objective Complete" Event, if any major SAMs are taken out before all the main buildings are destroyed (the IS side will never have exactly -11 points). This can be solved by using two of the neutral sides you have set up to keep scores for the primary and secondary targets, since their points aren't used elsewhere.

On a related note, the "Primary IS Anti-Air Systems Destroyed!" trigger is set to positive 161 points, should probably be -161 in any case.

Consider un-grouping some of the IS units, infantry and vehicle sections in particular, to make weapon assignment easier.

Not much else that comes to mind, really. If you wanna expand the tasking a bit consider suggesting a helicopter sweep of the nearby mountains, but keep in mind those SAM infantry sections are essentially invisible :)

Also, have some overlays of Jirah and the Russian AB: dl.dropboxusercontent [dot] com/u/14561665/ORM%20Overlays.7z

< Message edited by Aivlis -- 8/11/2016 9:01:45 PM >

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 59
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might Live! - 8/11/2016 10:45:46 PM   
Death6

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aivlis

Gave this another run, didn't see any huge changes tbh.

Ground detection is still a pain with those clouds all over the place, even the Havocs were regularly detecting SAMs only after entering their range, even when flying under the cloud level (yes, I am looking at you, troll ZU-23 cluster). After switching to the Editor I saw you had a host of convoys and stuff that I had been flying over without noticing.

The Fencers could use to have their guns turned off so they stop derping around their targets trying to get a burst off (but to be fair to the pilots, I wouldn't be surprised if the guns were actually better at taking out runways that the BetABs, those things are near useless).

Currently killing AA systems can prevent the player from triggering the "Primary Objective Complete" Event, if any major SAMs are taken out before all the main buildings are destroyed (the IS side will never have exactly -11 points). This can be solved by using two of the neutral sides you have set up to keep scores for the primary and secondary targets, since their points aren't used elsewhere.

On a related note, the "Primary IS Anti-Air Systems Destroyed!" trigger is set to positive 161 points, should probably be -161 in any case.

Consider un-grouping some of the IS units, infantry and vehicle sections in particular, to make weapon assignment easier.

Not much else that comes to mind, really. If you wanna expand the tasking a bit consider suggesting a helicopter sweep of the nearby mountains, but keep in mind those SAM infantry sections are essentially invisible :)

Also, have some overlays of Jirah and the Russian AB: dl.dropboxusercontent [dot] com/u/14561665/ORM%20Overlays.7z

Thanks for the feedback. Will take in the comments and change a few things.

(in reply to Aivlis)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.8 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI