Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/4/2016 9:38:29 PM   
sillyflower

Thoughts on T60

Air losses 58 to 101. Destroyed units 2 tank xxx, 1 inf xxx, 1 gd cav xxx, 7 inf xx (1 gd) 3 cav xx, 1 tank x, 5 inf x, 7 regts and 3 battalions. For that lot to amount to perhaps only 105K men (allowing for losses in other combats) shows how weak the Russians are. If they were at full strength they would amount to about 175K men.

After a long stalemate south of Rostov, our glorious forces have advanced about 160 miles in 2 turns, and our 60 miles from S'grad and no sign of prepared defence lines.

In search of a bigger Wehrmacht, I I took up Hitman's suggestion and decided to disband 1 fliegercorps HQ to free up 9.5 men. With about 11K HIWIs to come next turn from POWs and a supportive local population in many parts of Russia, there should be a good boost to Wehrmacht OOB next turn.

Plan: carry on as currently. Assuming I clear the Caucasus and S'grad cities, I shall still be 2 VPs short I think. I shall worry about that when the time comes though Boguchar looks like a fairly obvious target for 1 more.

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

(in reply to sillyflower)
Post #: 661
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/5/2016 5:51:40 AM   
Icier

quote:

ORIGINAL: sillyflower

I know that your love of the theatre helps you to relax, but does your dressing up help your patients to relax too?

It seems a little unlikely on the face of it. No wonder they prefer the options to which you referred above.

Now I know why England had Brexit's ....it stops all types entering/returning to the country!

< Message edited by Ice -- 9/5/2016 5:53:08 AM >

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Post #: 662
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/5/2016 8:49:18 PM   
sillyflower

Not at all. Hitman is an extremely successful paediatrician with stellar ratings from his patients, so he would be most welcome to work here, as long as he dressed differently during working hours.

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

(in reply to Icier)
Post #: 663
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/5/2016 10:40:42 PM   
Icier

I suppose.......after all you guys did have Screaming Lord Sutch...

Attachment (1)

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Post #: 664
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/6/2016 1:56:58 PM   
ericv

I really respect briang for not giving up so easily.

(in reply to Icier)
Post #: 665
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/6/2016 3:03:33 PM   
sillyflower

Indeed, I hope that we all do.

web exchange

(in reply to ericv)
Post #: 666
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/6/2016 3:10:53 PM   
sillyflower

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ice

I suppose.......after all you guys did have Screaming Lord Sutch...

You have to be a bit careful about him on the forum . He was the leader of a political party for many years, the Raving Loony Party, which always had quite a few candidates, though it failed ever to get anyone elected. I think SLS may hold the record for standing in elections to be a Member of Parliament, without ever becoming one.

< Message edited by sillyflower -- 9/6/2016 3:16:17 PM >

web exchange

(in reply to Icier)
Post #: 667
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/10/2016 1:47:43 PM   
sillyflower

I've just sent T62 to Brian so here's T61. I open with the losses screen which appeared on opening the turn

Sadly this does not seem to be losses incurred during the Russian turn and my attrition phase. The programme obviously had a brainfart and this the losses for the whole of T60 + my T61 attrition.

An 11:1 loss ration is good for me. However, the most interesting bit for me is that it shows R losses in Brian's turn at about 47K including attrition. of this, probably 40K was attrition. I don't know what manpower B gets each turn. I have captured just over 1400 centres, and he will have some that are heavily damaged and not producing after fleeing from my summer O.

Any thoughts on what Brian is getting every turn would be welcome.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by sillyflower -- 9/10/2016 2:01:22 PM >

web exchange

Post #: 668
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/10/2016 5:03:09 PM   
charlie0311

Send a save file to the Fix Bug Co (Morvael/friends).

In this case Brian should send a save prepared just before he did "end turn".

Others, make saves after completing your turn, before end turn. PBEM.

For server players, you guys have to go thru the Matrix system and ask them to find the right file, etc. Takes longer.

Post #: 669
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/10/2016 5:11:36 PM   
chaos45

My guess would be he is replacing less than 100,000 men per turn as against Pelton I didnt lose as much as Brian has and I was getting something like 90-100k men per week in 1942. With your advance hes prolly in the 70-80k replacements per week. In 1943 this number will drop again as his multiplier lowers.

(in reply to charlie0311)
Post #: 670
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/10/2016 6:49:57 PM   
sillyflower

quote:

ORIGINAL: charlie0311

Send a save file to the Fix Bug Co (Morvael/friends).

In this case Brian should send a save prepared just before he did "end turn".

Others, make saves after completing your turn, before end turn. PBEM.

For server players, you guys have to go thru the Matrix system and ask them to find the right file, etc. Takes longer.

Server game but a glitch rather than a bug as it's a display issue only. It's actually quite useful as normally one doesn't know what attrition the other guy has, but tx for the thought.

web exchange

(in reply to charlie0311)
Post #: 671
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/11/2016 9:00:41 PM   
sillyflower

moving on to the turn

10 miles from S'grad! The infantry does its best to keep up as I expect that this is where the commies will stand.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by sillyflower -- 9/11/2016 9:04:58 PM >

web exchange

Post #: 672
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/11/2016 9:06:03 PM   
sillyflower

The rail line from Baku to the west is interdicted as Model makes the key breakthrough yet again.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by sillyflower -- 9/11/2016 9:08:46 PM >

web exchange

Post #: 673
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/15/2016 9:59:27 AM   
sillyflower

Thoughts on T61

Losses 4.3K to 36.3K. Air 55 to 149.. Destroyed units 1 inf xxx,1 inf xx, 4 inf x,3 sapper regts and 1 tk bn. 2 inf xxx, 4 inf x and 1/3rd of a tk xxx are isolated. OOBs 3.92M to 5.43M which is the lowest R figure for a long time. Whoever said that b@st@rds don't grind you down was wrong.It's what we do

Finns continue their exciting O. All German troops in Krasnodar area are now on their way to S'grad.

Baku rail line interdicted but this is not enough to put his western troops out of supply as a rail line counts as only 1 MP for supply purposes. I need to be sitting on it as off-rail mtn hexes are 40 MP each for supply to non-mtn troops.. My 2 most forward pz divs (under the resupply marker) 68 and 78% fuel and 30th Pz xxx just S of M'town are on HQBU so I'm optimistic.

Up towards S'grad 56th, 40th and 24th Pz xxxs, with 10 divs between them, are all on HQBU so they will give the Bolsheviks something to think about next week.The advance north of the Donbass gives the Soviets no respite as the focus is on capturing obstetric hospitals or whatever is in the manpower centres.

Vorvaerts!

web exchange

Post #: 674
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/18/2016 10:12:12 AM   
sillyflower

T62

The HQBU paid off and all Bolsheviks more than 4 hexes from Baku are now isolated.

North coast pocket is not expected to hold but I hope to do better one next turn

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by sillyflower -- 9/18/2016 10:16:32 AM >

web exchange

Post #: 675
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/18/2016 10:16:28 AM   
sillyflower

S'grad area

We remove the speed bumps and push through the corridor between the Donets and Volga rivers, going beyond S'grad. Question for Brian is whether to fall back a bit ir to try to hang on to the 2 hexes, each with 3 inf xx in L2 forts, just W of S'grad. I hope he stays - he doesn't like giving ground but they look like some of his strongest units. Another HQBU by 2nd PzA (light blues)just behind the lines.

The Finnish front was heavily reinforced by Brian who was obviously more worried about that situation than the south. Oh well, back to a static front up there as both sides just dig in without attacking.

A strong Pz xx from 2 PzA arrives bottom left of screenshot now that the fighting NW of Moscow has died down with both sides content to dig in on their side of the river.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by sillyflower -- 9/18/2016 10:32:10 AM >

web exchange

Post #: 676
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/19/2016 10:03:34 PM   
sillyflower

Thoughts on T62

Most importantly, I should have taken more pics so that we can get a new page which doesn't have that picture of Hitman on it. readers posting their pics may help. PLEASE!!!!!!

A turn of 2 vital breakthroughs so casualties only 7.8K to 26.7K. Air 77 to 140. Destroyed units only 2 inf xx, 1/3rd of a tank xxx, 1 tank x, 3 inf x and 2 regts.

The Russian collapse in the S'grad area came as a bit of a surprise. Only 4 turns ago we were fighting at Rostov but I expect that Brian had everything in the front line giving me the opportunity for my version of Operation Cobra. With Baku seemingly not strongly defended as most of Brian's decent units are in a secure pocket or will be next turn,things are looking up. OOBs now 3.92 German v 5.54 Reds and the latter is bound to start going down with so many units isolated so the only negative is that the forces facing the Finns have been heavily reinforced so their brief moment in the spotlight has ended. Actually, that's a good thing because I can think of no other place that I would rather see new Bolshevik troops going.

< Message edited by sillyflower -- 9/19/2016 10:07:46 PM >

web exchange

Post #: 677
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/19/2016 10:06:43 PM   
Michael T

If you get Stalingrad will that be enough VP to win?

Post #: 678
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/19/2016 10:08:55 PM   
sillyflower

No. See post at top of page.

web exchange

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 679
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/19/2016 10:25:19 PM   
Michael T

Got it.

Post #: 680
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/19/2016 11:43:10 PM   
ajds

Please bump the picture of that clown off of this thread - it makes me not want to view this AAR which would be a shame as it is an excellent (and informative) AAR.

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 681
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/20/2016 6:19:25 PM   
Cripes A Mighty

Bumpity bump!

(in reply to ajds)
Post #: 682
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/20/2016 6:27:31 PM   
Cripes A Mighty

Bumpity bumpity bump!

(in reply to ajds)
Post #: 683
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/20/2016 7:07:02 PM   
sillyflower

no idea what bumping means but it's not my post. Anyway, all these posts will help to speed us onto the next page

web exchange

(in reply to Cripes A Mighty)
Post #: 684
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/21/2016 7:56:54 AM   
ericv

Suppose you have some topic on a forum that, for some reason, users want to have on the first page of that particular forum, because the first post of that topic is of major importance. Of course that topic can be made 'sticky', like some topics on this forum.

But if that post is not 'sticky', than after some time it will disappear on the 2nd page of forum topics and after that it will disappear into oblivion. What users of a forum can do to prevent that topic from disappearing is posting irrelevant reactions to the first post of that topic, the only reason being to keep that topic on the first page of the forum.

That is called bumping, because for some reason, the users started using the word 'bump' instead of some other irrelevant reply, because their reply wasn;t important at all, just the first (few) post(s) on that topic.

I don't know if that made any sense.

anyway. In your particular case, 'bumping' is used not to ensure that the topic remains on the first page, but to get a new page as soon as possible. Again, what is in the reply of the 'bumps' on your topic isn't the essence, just the fact, that they exist. Some kind of analogy there.

-Bump-

Post #: 685
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/21/2016 8:01:12 AM   
ericv

Apparently Wikipedia is full of irrelevant information :

bumping

from that post :

quote:

Bumping

A thread is contained in a forum, and may have an associated date that is taken as the date of the last post (options to order threads by other criteria are generally available). When a member posts in a thread it will jump to the top since it is the latest updated thread. Similarly, other threads will jump in front of it when they receive posts. When a member posts in a thread for no reason but to have it go to the top, it is referred to as a bump or bumping. It has been suggested that "bump" is an acronym of "bring up my post";[15] however, this is almost certainly a backronym and the usage is entirely consistent with the verb "bump" which means "to knock to a new position".[16]

On some messageboards, users can choose to sage (correctly pronounced /sa-ɣe/ though often confused as IPA: [seɪdʒ]) a post if they wish to make a post, but not "bump" it. The word "sage" derives from the 2channel terminology 下げる sageru, meaning "to lower".

''''

bump

< Message edited by ericv -- 9/21/2016 8:02:37 AM >

(in reply to ericv)
Post #: 686
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/21/2016 10:54:22 AM   
sillyflower

Perhaps a picture of my son's Somali kittens will help us bump along

Not quite sure how a small picture in an email (approx. 10 cm x 6 cm) is now larger than life size. I fear attacks from the anti-scrolling militant wing

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by sillyflower -- 9/21/2016 11:06:00 AM >

web exchange

(in reply to ericv)
Post #: 687
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/21/2016 9:16:09 PM   
sillyflower

Someone else must have some cute kitten or puppy pics to speed up getting onto the next page..................

web exchange

Post #: 688
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/21/2016 10:16:43 PM   
Michael T

I could put my wife's chooks up....

Post #: 689
RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G - 9/21/2016 10:19:41 PM   
sillyflower

I'm not familiar with Australian slang, but if that doesn't involve breaking forum rules be my guest..............

< Message edited by sillyflower -- 9/21/2016 10:22:40 PM >

web exchange

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 690
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI