Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ww2-german-mine-blown-up-by-royal-navy-in-the-solent

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> ww2-german-mine-blown-up-by-royal-navy-in-the-solent Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ww2-german-mine-blown-up-by-royal-navy-in-the-solent - 11/28/2015 5:31:58 PM   
Zorch

'Experts from the Royal Navy have managed to destroy a Second World War German mine in the ocean.

Footage released by the Royal Navy shows the explosion sent a huge plume of dirty water almost 1,000ft into the air.

The mine was found on the seabed of the the Solent, just a mile off Southsea, near Portsmouth, on Thursday. A crane barge made the discovery whilst dredging along the seabed.

The Royal Navy moved the bomb to open waters off Bembridge, on the Isle of Wight. Here, the team detonated the bomb in controlled conditions.'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/ww2-german-mine-blown-up-by-royal-navy-in-the-solent-a6752471.html
Post #: 1
RE: ww2-german-mine-blown-up-by-royal-navy-in-the-solent - 11/29/2015 1:05:03 AM   
Dili

Big mine.

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2
RE: ww2-german-mine-blown-up-by-royal-navy-in-the-solent - 11/29/2015 9:23:43 AM   
Itdepends

Mine?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Itdepends -- 11/29/2015 10:23:56 AM >

(in reply to Dili)
Post #: 3
RE: ww2-german-mine-blown-up-by-royal-navy-in-the-solent - 11/29/2015 6:03:45 PM   
IslandInland

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

'Experts from the Royal Navy have managed to destroy a Second World War German mine in the ocean.

Footage released by the Royal Navy shows the explosion sent a huge plume of dirty water almost 1,000ft into the air.

The mine was found on the seabed of the the Solent, just a mile off Southsea, near Portsmouth, on Thursday. A crane barge made the discovery whilst dredging along the seabed.

The Royal Navy moved the bomb to open waters off Bembridge, on the Isle of Wight. Here, the team detonated the bomb in controlled conditions.'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/ww2-german-mine-blown-up-by-royal-navy-in-the-solent-a6752471.html

A very graphic demonstration of the damage these things could do. Also a great video.

War In The East 2 Beta Tester and
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
XXXCorps

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 4
RE: ww2-german-mine-blown-up-by-royal-navy-in-the-solent - 12/1/2015 12:53:29 AM   
Mistmatz

Five... Four... Boom.

Clearly something is wrong with the audio...

If you gained knowledge through the forum, why not putting it into the AE wiki?

http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_the_Pacific:_Admiral%27s_Edition_Wiki

(in reply to IslandInland)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> ww2-german-mine-blown-up-by-royal-navy-in-the-solent Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI