Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Spratley Conlicts China v USA Etc

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Spratley Conlicts China v USA Etc Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Spratley Conlicts China v USA Etc - 12/22/2015 12:29:58 AM   
hughc61

Dear All,
Has anyone created a scenario of a conflict over the Spratelys between China and the USA and allies?

Merry Xmas!!!

regards,
Hugh
Post #: 1
RE: Spratley Conlicts China v USA Etc - 12/22/2015 8:21:39 AM   
ojms

There are two that I can think of "Chianang Strike" (not sure on spelling) and "Play the Fool".

There is also the "seven powers" although I'm not sure if that was released.

(in reply to hughc61)
Post #: 2
RE: Spratley Conlicts China v USA Etc - 12/22/2015 2:29:44 PM   
Coiler12

quote:

ORIGINAL: hughc61

Dear All,
Has anyone created a scenario of a conflict over the Spratelys between China and the USA and allies?

Merry Xmas!!!

regards,
Hugh

Besides Changjiang Strike and Play The Fool, you have Four Ounces Can Move One Thousand Pounds (against Japan), and The Five Powers (against Australia+SEA).

(in reply to hughc61)
Post #: 3
RE: Spratley Conlicts China v USA Etc - 12/22/2015 4:09:47 PM   
ultradave

South China Clash from the included standalone scenarios.

----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"

(in reply to Coiler12)
Post #: 4
RE: Spratley Conlicts China v USA Etc - 12/22/2015 5:07:53 PM   
SeaQueen

The issue is less "scenario" and more "scenarios." That theater is HUGE.

quote:

ORIGINAL: hughc61

Dear All,
Has anyone created a scenario of a conflict over the Spratleys between China and the USA and allies?

Merry Xmas!!!

regards,
Hugh

< Message edited by SeaQueen -- 12/22/2015 6:08:24 PM >

(in reply to hughc61)
Post #: 5
RE: Spratley Conlicts China v USA Etc - 12/22/2015 5:31:44 PM   
FTBSS

I am hoping the next official campaign is set up as a modern day clash between the USA and Pacific allies against the Plan and North Korea (using modern weapons and some of the hypothetical units in development.

So first campaign was with CW DB and new campaign with DB 3000.

would love to see a clash of sm3 vrs df21 and df26 asbm stealth fighters and most modern AAM see the results, would also love a branching campaign based on score of scenario leading to different scenario and difficulty.

(in reply to SeaQueen)
Post #: 6
RE: Spratley Conlicts China v USA Etc - 12/23/2015 7:31:22 AM   
Dysta

quote:

ORIGINAL: FTBSS

I am hoping the next official campaign is set up as a modern day clash between the USA and Pacific allies against the Plan and North Korea (using modern weapons and some of the hypothetical units in development.

So first campaign was with CW DB and new campaign with DB 3000..

I prefer such campaign will lead into WWW, than WW3.

(in reply to FTBSS)
Post #: 7
RE: Spratley Conlicts China v USA Etc - 12/23/2015 11:58:02 AM   
Sardaukar

"Play the Fool" is pretty good scenario, though I always chance USMC F-18A+ to F-35Bs or Super Hornets on CVN on editor, since plain F-18 is almost useless in other than "point defence"

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 8
RE: Spratley Conlicts China v USA Etc - 12/23/2015 3:52:31 PM   
SeaQueen

Ballistic missile defense scenarios against fixed targets are pretty easy to quickly cook up.

You just need to pick something you think might be a good target that's in range of the missile systems you think are interesting, lay a few ships down along the threat axis nearby to protect it, maybe add some land based SAMs, and a few opposing platforms which target the ships in addition to the thing the ship is trying to protect, and you're done. The rest is just tweaking details, which is what wargames are all about, ultimately. Raid schedules, positioning the ships, firing doctrine, defending the things meant to defend other things... that's the name of the game.

Ballistic missile defense against moving targets is a harder scenario to make because you have to think very carefully about the ISR problem for the ballistic missiles. If you're going to shoot "carrier killing" missiles at an aircraft carrier, something has to find it for you to shoot at it. It might be submarines, aircraft, shore based radars, satellites or surface ships. The result is a pretty big scenario pretty quickly.

quote:

would love to see a clash of sm3 vrs df21 and df26 asbm stealth fighters and most modern AAM see the results, would also love a branching campaign based on score of scenario leading to different scenario and difficulty.

(in reply to FTBSS)
Post #: 9
RE: Spratley Conlicts China v USA Etc - 12/23/2015 4:06:03 PM   
Dysta

quote:

ORIGINAL: SeaQueen

Ballistic missile defense scenarios against fixed targets are pretty easy to quickly cook up.

I am more likely afraid they're intended to make US deploy more SAMs in batteries/canisters than typical naval loadout, if LRASM and TACTOM are also needed in this scenario. Sure, bring 2 fleets togethers will make short work of Chinese missiles, but don't forget ballistic missiles are very flexible to be used in duel-purposes, and not just DF-2X series they have to deal with.

Ultimately, if China's real target is not the US, but also whatever targets that could gain their positions to deceiving, or diverting attention to another theater of campaign, then you are expecting inferno in Singapore, Taiwan and South Korea before the US can protect them all, which is also their stragedic bases.

But then this is an ultimate nuclear holocaust, I hope every factions are ready for '1 hour cold war' before hell break loose.

(in reply to SeaQueen)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Spratley Conlicts China v USA Etc Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI