Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) - 10/13/2017 12:55:03 PM   
m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: General Patton

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

Regarding those "iced in ports"..That is what is causing those crazy red mileage numbers..Sid was working on "seasons", and the player is supposed to know when to go to his seasonal hex data info , rename the file and paste it into the main game folder in RHS depending on the season..Unfortunately, I have yet to find one that actually opens all the Alaskan ports, (thawing the ice), without locking Recife from the game map entirely!..
I am playing scen 122,(solo) and have tried all the warmer seasons, which HAS melted the ice, but ....Recife stops being recognized entirely.

The only way I have found to get around this is to prevent any ships from getting "stuck" in Recife when "melting the ice".....

If someone finds a better fix, or even a universal dat file which just eliminates the seasons altogether before I do, please let the rest of us know...

When I was working with sid a year or 2 ago, I had trouble with the new ports. Then sid fixed it and all seemed ok. I guess it isn't. Is Recife locked during the "summer" season or all 3 warmer seasons?....GP

From the start when the game starts in "winter", only certain Alaskan ports are iced in, and Recife woks perfect..(I use it to supply Cape Town before the larger convoys start showing up.)

Once I follow the "seasonal instructions" and copy/paste the spring pwhex.dat file into the main folder, the ice thaws but Recife is no longer recognized whatsoever.

From that point, I have experimented with every single "season" in the "seasons" folder, and all have the same effect...losing Recife entirely.

Of course, for the sake of gameplay, we can play the game and just forget Recife altogether...but if the fix is close at hand, well.....(LOL).

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 391
RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) - 10/13/2017 5:03:19 PM   
btd64

I'm going to send an email to Sid. I've discovered a couple other problems as well....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 392
RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) - 10/14/2017 2:07:45 PM   
m10bob

quote:

I'm going to send an email to Sid. I've discovered a couple other problems as well....GP

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 393
RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) - 10/14/2017 2:31:52 PM   
btd64

What's so funny.....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 394
RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) - 10/14/2017 2:32:32 PM   
btd64

Made contact by the way. He's going to fix our issues....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 395
RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) - 10/14/2017 5:05:50 PM   
m10bob

quote:

Made contact by the way. He's going to fix our issues....GP

Out-freakin' standing!

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 396
RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) - 10/22/2017 1:38:42 PM   
m10bob

Don't know if this has been addressed but just noticed something strange..Since the most recent version of RHS(II), playing against AI in scen 122...Recently rcvd first CVE with replenishment air groups, but instead of the oversized squadrons, they arrived with 21 fighters and 9 bombers, as if they were normal CVE's, (even though they are clearly marked as "replenishment" groups..I checked them in the editor, and there they are also marked to receive the normal replenishment number as well..
The ship itself still lists the capacity of a normal CVE, (as is normal for all of the CVE's, regardless of mission type...
Has anyone else noticed this?

BTW, checking the info from some of the more recent great books written on the subject, I am looking at the ratings of some of the USN commanders...(To me, some seemed to be somewhat off with their true accomplishments, or failings?
Thoughts on this matter are (as always) welcome, and I appreciate the true genius abiding on this forum.

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 397
RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) - 10/22/2017 1:48:05 PM   
btd64

Bob, Sounds like Sid made a modification but forgot to change the name. I would not worry about that to much. Happy hunting.....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 398
RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) - 10/22/2017 2:27:54 PM   
m10bob

quote:

Bob, Sounds like Sid made a modification but forgot to change the name. I would not worry about that to much. Happy hunting.....GP

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 399
RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) - 10/28/2017 12:14:09 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Any update about the pwhex issue (no ice + locked Recife base)?

Don't tell me Sid slipped away while our hired thugs were sleeping. He must return to the dungeon / basement and deliver an update ASAP. And pronto!

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 400
RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) - 10/28/2017 1:51:27 PM   
btd64

I will follow up with Sid on Tuesday. Any other issues please post them....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 401
RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) - 10/28/2017 6:24:32 PM   
TulliusDetritus

In fact there are two locked bases. Recife aka Brazil and US Gulf Coast.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 402
RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) - 10/28/2017 8:28:39 PM   
btd64

Does the Gulf Coast lock up the same time as Recife?....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

Post #: 403
RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) - 10/28/2017 9:08:38 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Yes. With the winter pwhex file both are unlocked. Locked with the rest of seasons.

One more thing. The hex west of Sacramento (Fairfield & Benicia) has an airfield of 0(7). But you cannot expand it (no expand airfield button).

< Message edited by TulliusDetritus -- 10/28/2017 9:10:28 PM >

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 404
RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) - 10/28/2017 9:18:30 PM   
btd64

Good information. Post if anything else pops up....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

Post #: 405
RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) - 10/29/2017 3:40:13 PM   
m10bob

Keeping current with the notes...

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 406
RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) - 11/1/2017 10:32:37 AM   
larryfulkerson

Yaab provided me with his copy of the RHS II region mapping file and I loaded it into
Tracker and corrected all of the Unknown Region 1 and Unknown Region 2 regions to the
correct one. At least it's a lot better than it was before. I'm attaching it here
below in case somebody needs a region file for RHS II.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 407
RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) - 11/1/2017 1:54:57 PM   
m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

Yaab provided me with his copy of the RHS II region mapping file and I loaded it into
Tracker and corrected all of the Unknown Region 1 and Unknown Region 2 regions to the
correct one. At least it's a lot better than it was before. I'm attaching it here

Do you know if it has a "fix" to the season issues concerning ports closing shop when the ice thaws up north?

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 408
RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) - 11/1/2017 1:58:51 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

Do you know if it has a "fix" to the season issues concerning ports closing shop when the ice thaws up north?

I'm pretty sure it does not. It's just a fix to the region the base is assigned to in Tracker. Has nothing to
do with the game. Sorry about that.

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 409
RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) - 11/1/2017 2:00:01 PM   
m10bob

Thank you Larry!

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 410
RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) - 11/12/2017 6:12:49 AM   
el cid again

I shall investigate this with a number of other reported issues when I return to Alaska.

Post #: 411
RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) - 11/12/2017 6:14:16 AM   
el cid again

Sounds like you guys may not be using the correct pwzone and pwlink files. These must be changed with the season. I will investigate and post a guide.

IGNORE this comment. There is only ONE PWZONE file. The issue was confusion. See page 15 of the thread. You need to understand that Recife cannot be reached from on-map locations -
only from Atlantic ports.

< Message edited by el cid again -- 12/23/2017 1:55:59 PM >

Post #: 412
RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) - 11/12/2017 6:17:59 AM   
el cid again

Most officer ratings are inherited from the original data set. They often seem to have little relationship with the officer in question. Then too, many added officers have no actual information to use: so I myself sometimes assign arbitrary numbers (modest ones). But historical commanders in RHS may have carefully evaluated ratings. These are relatively rare.

quote:

Don't know if this has been addressed but just noticed something strange..Since the most recent version of RHS(II), playing against AI in scen 122...Recently rcvd first CVE with replenishment air groups, but instead of the oversized squadrons, they arrived with 21 fighters and 9 bombers, as if they were normal CVE's, (even though they are clearly marked as "replenishment" groups..I checked them in the editor, and there they are also marked to receive the normal replenishment number as well..
The ship itself still lists the capacity of a normal CVE, (as is normal for all of the CVE's, regardless of mission type...
Has anyone else noticed this?

BTW, checking the info from some of the more recent great books written on the subject, I am looking at the ratings of some of the USN commanders...(To me, some seemed to be somewhat off with their true accomplishments, or failings?
Thoughts on this matter are (as always) welcome, and I appreciate the true genius abiding on this forum.

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 413
RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) - 11/12/2017 6:24:57 AM   
el cid again

FYI I did some research from February to March. On distribution of it, one of my friends said "Hey, you aren't dead yet! Pleas help me." He is a senior research director of a famous think tank. Seems we have finally become concerned about China (in the real world). So - long since and happily retired - I am working more or less 7 days a week. I am now traveling and not at home (where critically I have a Vista machine - the only kind that will run certain functions in certain game editors). I will look at some of these matters, time permitting.

For immediate purposes, the game should work flawlessly (apart from items closed in winter) if you simply use the Winter pwhexe.dat files - updating them only for later years. It may be that there is a problem with the Spring and other files - from what I read here. I cannot check that "on the road" It is possible the problem is procedural - that you need to change pwzone and pwhexe files - I have to look at them to see. These files have some kind of seasonal impacts in RHS - and are dated for that reason. I will try to determine what is needed and that the files actually work as intended.

(in reply to el cid again)
Post #: 414
RE: RHS Level II House Rules - 11/13/2017 6:51:04 AM   
el cid again

Note in particular dummy submarines which seem
to confuse some players. If there are "two subs
with the same name" that means ONE of them is not
a real submarine. If you are the owning player, you
can easily spot it: it has a huge number of shots and
a long range. Tell it to go somewhere useful and put
it under computer control UNLESS it is out of fuel,
out of torpedoes or damaged. [It has no guns.] This will
be very rare. There are very few of them. But they are not
to be used tactically - turn em loose.

See next post.

Post #: 415
RE: RHS Level II House Rules - 11/13/2017 6:51:25 AM   
el cid again

RHS House Rules [Level II]

Primary House Rule: A player should never do anything which, in his view, would not have been done by a historical commander in the WW2 era.

Active Russians: In scenarios with Active Russians (121, 124, 125 & 129) the Allied player may not attack Japanese positions or units (except by mistake or in reasonable and proportionate reprisal) before the expiration of the non-aggression pact with Japan (1 July 1945). It is easy for either side, due to a settings error, to run an air raid – and a reprisal in kind is fair play. It is also permitted to overfly enemy territory for recon or search missions - at the risk of being shot down by fighters or flak. But a true invasion of Japanese territory, or a major, organized attack on Japanese bases before the treaty expires is forfeiture of the game. The Russians gave proper, 90 day notice they would not renew the treaty. It is assumed they honor the treaty as well as give such official notice in every game. RHS has active Russians (in odd numbered scenarios) to give the Allies several benefits: a) they can control deployment of units; b) they can control upgrading of units; c) they can supply remote locations and recover resources or oil from them; d) they can run recon and search to learn of enemy invasion deployments; e) they can respond to an enemy invasion, or pre-empt one, instead of waiting helplessly as the enemy invasion unfolds until the computer concludes enough hexes have been occupied to “release” Russian units to player control (this is a major problem). These boons may not be abused to permit operations which Stalin would never have authorized, because he was dead set against a two front war.

Whitehorse House Rule: In strictly historical scenarios 121,122, 123 & 124, the Allies may not repair the oil wells and refinery at Whitehorse, Yukon until May, 1944. These model the CANOL pipeline and a refinery moved from Texas and it took until May, 1944 to get them fully operational. In JES Scenarios 125 & 129, players have options to repair the oilfields and oil refinery at Kenai, Alaska and/or at Norman Wells, Northwest Territories from May, 1942. This is probably not feasible in Winter or Spring Breakup (how could you move enough supplies to even begin?) - but these are known options not taken IRL. Both are more practical than the CANOL project, which barely worked at all - thick NWT oil in a small pipe in a cold climate was not easy to keep moving. Historical scenarios (121-124 & 126) have the suffix CANOL after Whitehorse and Whitehorse has a base victory point value of 3 (= important minor location for any reason). In these scenarios Norman Wells may not expand oil or refinery production (forcing the historical choices). JES scenarios (125 & 125) have the suffix AKOIL after Kenai and Kenai has a base victory point value of 3. In these scenarios Norman Wells MAY expand oil and/or refinery production (reflecting greater Allied priority in the greater threat context present) but hauling in the supplies required will be very difficult. Kenai is much easier to supply but also much more at risk to capture or damage by the enemy (which is why it was not developed during the war).

Whittier Tunnel: The RR tunnel to Whittier Alaska is considered completed if you repair the port (it starts at zero). Because there is no way to have the rail line incomplete and still run its route (from Anchorage to Seward) we simply have the Whittier hex not function as a port unless you fix it. Fixing it completes the almost completed tunnel to it. There is an engineer unit in the hex to do that.  

Copper Ricer Railroad: The Copper River RR is present in ALL versions of the pwhex files. It runs from Cordova, Alaska to Kennicot, a wholly undeveloped dot location. This RR was abandoned in 1938 when the copper mines were closed due to low copper prices. Other copper mines were reopened in WWII (for example in Michigan and in Montana). This copper mine can be reopened IF an Allied player moves engineer to the dot location along with lots of supplies AND IF repair of resources is turned ON – in which case the RR will function. The Million Dollar Bridge remained in-tact until the 1964 earthquake. This location and RR may be ignored by any player who does not want to use them – and NOTHING will happen in that case – since there will be no production unless the damaged resources are repaired. Tailings at this mine are of economic value, but it is cost prohibitive to fly them out (even though an airfield has been built) and the track has now been turned into road.

Railroad Units: In ODD numbered scenarios, railroad units must move along rail lines. All such units have the word “train” or “RR” in the unit name. If such a unit retreats off a railroad, it may only move back to a rail line by the shortest possible route, even if that forces movement into an enemy occupied or controlled hex. Railroad units do not exist in “simplified RHS” (even numbered scenarios).

Amsterdam Island: Location 497, Hex 6,173, near the “West” edge of the map, is functionally the Axis Entry Point. Its game function is to permit Axis raiders and submarines from Europe to enter the map near where they historically entered the Indian Ocean. This island is strictly off limits to the Allies. It is worth zero victory points to the Allies. It is forbidden to invade this island. This is because Axis shipping did not enter at one fixed point at all and because AE has no mechanism to permit entry by Axis vessels using an Entry Zone. Allied naval units are not permitted within three hexes of this hex. Allied aircraft may not recon this island nor search hexes adjacent to this island. The “Axis” (Japanese) Player may not build facilities on Amsterdam, nor land troops. This unique “base” serves ONLY as an entry point for Axis naval unit reinforcements.

Axis Off Map Entry Track: Axis naval units entering at Amsterdam Island may now move DUE WEST into the Axis Off Map Entry Track. Allied naval units may never enter this track. It allows movement of Axis units to simulate a course SW from the Cape of Good Hope, past the Crozet Islands, coming up on the Southern map edge near the one ice shelf feature present on (all, stock, extended and RHS) maps. The little green cross at the end of this track is the Alternate Axis Entry Point. No Allied ships or searches are allowed within three hexes of this point. It permits Axis vessels to enter the map over a range of hexes and is a compromise intended not to limit the Allies much at all but to give the entering vessels some chance of survival (instead of automatic interception).

Ghost Submarines: Both sides get a small number of “ghost submarines” (both at start and as reinforcements). These subs are ONLY present in Full RHS Scenarios (those with odd numbers). They are normally set to computer control and left to do whatever the computer wants. If damaged or out of fuel, however, players need to return them to a base, fix/arm them, and then send them to any area they might run into the enemy – and return them to computer control. Ghosts are NOT possible to identify by the enemy. An owner, however, can see they have long range, too many shots, and no guns. Their torpedoes do NO damage and miss 99% of the time. They cause ASW escorts and aircraft to waste shots – but gain experience in the process. They also simulate rumors and false interpretations of various phenomena.  

Atomic Bomb Air Units: RHS does not use the stock atomic bomb at all. This weapon is not destructive enough and has political effects which are unrealistic (more related to post war views about atomic weapons use). In fact, Gen Marshall planned to use at least 9 atom bombs as part of Operations Olympic and Coronet. In its place RHS has created two atomic bombs - a "Uranium Bomb" and an "Implosion Bomb." These bombs are modeled by 24 devices: one 1% of yield dud device which is almost certain to work; one 33% of yield device which is only about 20% likely to work; and twenty two 3% of yield which are each about 90% likely to work. Typically, about 20 of the non-dud devices will reach their full yield, but it barely matters. The dud devices are themselves very powerful HE bombs with significant ability to penetrate armor. [If the 23 non dud devices fail, they will turn into dud devices themselves, each of which STILL usually destroys a target!] On the other hand, code will have some or many devices fail to “hit the target” at all, depending on altitude. Another problem is players have somewhat too much control over what type of target is hit, although IRL that can be done to some degree by surface bursts at the correct location. Generally, this model works better simulating ground or water bursts than it does high altitude bursts. Because these are not atom bombs in game terms, there is no penalty on victory level no matter how many the Allies use.

The USAAF gets 1 Silverplate UB aircraft per month starting in July, 1945. It also gets two Silverplate IB aircraft per month starting in August 1945. In addition, the US gets three Silverplate PB conventional bombers from May, 1945. Silverplate UB aircraft may only be assigned to the 393rd Bomb Squadron 3rd Detachment. Silverplate IB aircraft may ONLY be assigned to the 393rd Bomb Squadron 1st and 2nd Detachments. Silverplate PB aircraft may be assigned to any element of the 393rd Bomb Squadron, including the main body. Note the detachments may never attach to the main body of the squadron, but they may (and should) fly together with it (to minimize the risk the atomic bombers may be shot down). Historically, in fact, two one plane detachments flew together – one with the bomb and one on what might be considered a recon mission. It is not required (and not recommended) to bomb at high altitude (unless evading flak) – because at high altitude code will have large numbers of the bomb devices “miss” the target, reducing the effectiveness of the mission.

The B-29 Silverplate PB aircraft carries a large conventional “Pumpkin Bomb” and is used to give the air crews experience flying missions over enemy territory with the same aircraft. ALL B-29 Silverplate aircraft are stripped of defensive weapons to increase its range. The B-29 Silverplate PB is also the normal bomber assigned to the main body of the 393rd Bomb Squadron, although that unit can in theory operate any bomber. All elements of the 393rd appear at Tinian on 30 May, 1945 and initially may ONLY operate the B-29 Silverplate PB. Later, when Silverplate IB and Silverplate UB aircraft appear, the detachments may operate aircraft with the same suffix (UB or IB) as the detachment has, OR with the PB suffix.

The USAAF always gets atomic bombers at a statistically average rate of 1 UB (Little Boy, gun type, uranium fueled per month (from July 1945) and 2 IB (Fat Man, implosion type, plutonium fueled) per month (from August 1945). In some circumstances, IF industry in Japan is functional late in 1945, Japan may USE 1 G8N1 UB with an atom bomb every four months (from August 1945) and/or may USE 1 Ki-91 UB every four months (from October 1945). [A factory builds 1 per month, but a special house rule causes the air units allowed to use them to appearing only every 1 months. See below.]

RHS assumes that, had the war lasted longer, and if the Allies do not destroy Japanese industry – or deprive it of resources to produce HI points if undamaged – it might be possible for Japan to produce a few atom bombs. IF there are HI points sufficient, AND IF there is a specific engine plant actually producing Ha-45 engines, AND IF there is a specific aircraft factory dedicated to the G8N1 UB aircraft, THEN Japan may produce ONE such AIRCRAFT per month. Also, if it dedicates a second aircraft factory to the Ha-42 engine, and a second factory to making the Ki-91 UB variant, it may also produce ONE of these AIRCRAFT per month. Factories producing Japanese UB MUST be limited to 1 per month. These may ONLY be operated by tiny one plane air units (the G8N1 UB by the JNAF Special Chutai UB, and the 67th Independent Bomber Detachment UB by the JAAF). These units appear with non UB aircraft. They may convert to the UB aircraft of their service when available. They may conduct Recon, search, transfer or transport missions at will. But once (and every time) they convert to UB suffix aircraft, they MUST disband after use. The UNIT will reappear 4 months later. NO OTHER Japanese air unit may use bombers with a UB suffix and these two units are restricted to the UB of their respective service. There may, however, eventually be several UB aircraft of a given type in the pools: there are simply no bombs available unless the one unit that can fly them is available. The idea is to simulate the limited atomic fuel supply on top of draconian production restrictions making plane production hard to achieve so late in the war. Note that Japanese atomic bombers do have defensive armament, unlike the Silverplate B-29s, which fly combat missions unarmed. These features model the actual design philosophy of both nations.

< Message edited by el cid again -- 12/23/2017 1:53:15 PM >

Post #: 416
RE: RHS Level II House Rules - 11/13/2017 1:26:54 PM   
Yaab

So many rules. And Onedrive to rule them all...

Post #: 417
RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) - 11/13/2017 1:54:39 PM   
m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: el cid again

FYI I did some research from February to March. On distribution of it, one of my friends said "Hey, you aren't dead yet! Pleas help me." He is a senior research director of a famous think tank. Seems we have finally become concerned about China (in the real world). So - long since and happily retired - I am working more or less 7 days a week. I am now traveling and not at home (where critically I have a Vista machine - the only kind that will run certain functions in certain game editors). I will look at some of these matters, time permitting.

For immediate purposes, the game should work flawlessly (apart from items closed in winter) if you simply use the Winter pwhexe.dat files - updating them only for later years. It may be that there is a problem with the Spring and other files - from what I read here. I cannot check that "on the road" It is possible the problem is procedural - that you need to change pwzone and pwhexe files - I have to look at them to see. These files have some kind of seasonal impacts in RHS - and are dated for that reason. I will try to determine what is needed and that the files actually work as intended.

First thing I checked before posting problem with some off map "closings" once the ice melted up north.

Post #: 418
RE: RHS Level II PWLink & PWZone Files - 11/13/2017 4:55:54 PM   
el cid again

There is only one PW Zone file. It NEVER changes.

There are only four PW Link files. They ONLY change
at the start of the Winter season each year. Winter
starts on 1 November.

For these reasons, disregard remarks to the effect they
might be an issue with the change from Winter to Spring
season. The issue(s) must be in the pwhexe.dat file.
These I cannot investigate in the field. [I am
studying airplanes at Boeing today] Nor have I much
time - since June I have worked for a think tank on
Chinese aerospace issues. But I will look into these
reports.

Post #: 419
RE: RHS Level II PWLink & PWZone Files - 11/14/2017 1:51:52 PM   
m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: el cid again

There is only one PW Zone file. It NEVER changes.

There are only four PW Link files. They ONLY change
at the start of the Winter season each year. Winter
starts on 1 November.

For these reasons, disregard remarks to the effect they
might be an issue with the change from Winter to Spring
season. The issue(s) must be in the pwhexe.dat file.
These I cannot investigate in the field. [I am
studying airplanes at Boeing today] Nor have I much
time - since June I have worked for a think tank on
Chinese aerospace issues. But I will look into these
reports.

Sid...Thank you as ever and stay safe.

Post #: 420
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: RHS Level II Update 2.78 (reissued) Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI