Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[imports] Woody Island, South China Sea

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> [imports] Woody Island, South China Sea Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[imports] Woody Island, South China Sea - 2/17/2016 7:41:25 AM   
blh42

Imports that reflects the recent news about China placing SAM's on disputed island.

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/02/16/exclusive-china-sends-suface-to-air-missiles-to-contested-island-in-provocative-move.html

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: [imports] Woody Island, South China Sea - 2/17/2016 10:41:59 AM   
Dysta

Now all we need is a hand-drawn artificial coastline that covert sea surface to land, so we can place surface units and facilities easier.

I also have difficulty to make a group of assets for Hong Kong International Airport, as the island does not include the reclaimed area of it.

(in reply to blh42)
Post #: 2
RE: [imports] Woody Island, South China Sea - 2/17/2016 12:11:10 PM   
Rory Noonan

Didn't the Dev's include a platform along the lines of 'mobile base' or something similar in response to this? Surely you could just add the appropriate sensors and mounts through the editor.

I would be more unhappy with the increase in system requirements for 'hand drawn artificial coastline' than I would be pleased with the ability to do so.

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 3
RE: [imports] Woody Island, South China Sea - 2/17/2016 1:01:50 PM   
Rudd

quote:

ORIGINAL: blh42

Imports that reflects the recent news about China placing SAM's on disputed island.

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/02/16/exclusive-china-sends-suface-to-air-missiles-to-contested-island-in-provocative-move.html

Looks like there's 8 launchers, maybe should use #1276
[image]http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.com/content/fox-news/world/2016/02/16/exclusive-china-sends-suface-to-air-missiles-to-contested-island-in-provocative-move/_jcr_content/article-text/article-par-7/images/image.img.jpg/880/558/1455664948500.jpg?ve=1&tl=1[/image]

There's is also a 6 spot AAA, with 2, possibly 3 Type 90s and 2-4 Type 65s at 16.838702°, 112.331493°

quote:

Now all we need is a hand-drawn artificial coastline that covert sea surface to land, so we can place surface units and facilities easier.

I also have difficulty to make a group of assets for Hong Kong International Airport, as the island does not include the reclaimed area of it.

I haven't tried but I wonder if you make an import file with the units on "Command land", and the creator of it also writes a copy and paste Lua script, to move them to there correct coordinates.

(in reply to blh42)
Post #: 4
RE: [imports] Woody Island, South China Sea - 2/17/2016 2:02:40 PM   
Dysta

I know this idea is still far-fetched for now, but I start to feel annoyed to drag surface units/facilities from land to 'sea' (reclaimed area IRL) every time when added.

Besides, ship can still operate past it, so I also need to specifically draw a restricted zone with reference points to imitate the land, but then the air unit will not past through it either.

(in reply to Rudd)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> [imports] Woody Island, South China Sea Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI