Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Hill 621

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Hill 621 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hill 621 - 3/27/2016 1:56:11 PM   
erigra

I have just tried this old classic as the germans. The russian infantry attacks like mad towards the hill, just as they should, gives a real frenetic feeling for the few germans to try and stop them, great fun, especially with very hard control rules.

The T-34s did not show themselves however, so it was an easy win for the germans then. I could hear them starting and stopping all the time, but never saw any of them. The AFV AI seems to have a hard time when on the attack. In general they will not advance towards the victoryhexes. Has anyone seen the t34s as the germans in this scenario?

I also think the russians need more leaders as AI, because they send their few leaders forward to die with the troops, and then all the russian broken units are essentially out of the game to early.

I will try to modify this scenario to alter the afv behavior, and the leader behaviour, but I also think AFV AI is something Peter should look into as a general improvement.

------------------------------
Erik Grande

(in reply to gw15)
Post #: 31
RE: Hill 621 - 3/27/2016 2:34:51 PM   
Paullus

The AFV AI was improved in the Day Zero Patch. Have you installed that?

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to erigra)
Post #: 32
RE: Hill 621 - 3/27/2016 3:14:53 PM   
erigra

No I had not. Now I have. Did some testing before installing the patch and found some weaknesses with the AFV AI, regarding distance to VP and also VP on hills.
Quick test after installing the Day Zero Patch is a different ballgame! Much better it seems, I will try Hill621 again as the germans tonight, looking forward to it!

I bought the game three days ago and assumed that was the latest patched version, but I stand corrected now, thank you.

------------------------------
Erik Grande

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Hill 621 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI